Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you have Npc Nap's voting enabled or disabled?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Disabled
    Indeed. They must give us the possibility to turn unwanted NAPs off.

Yes.

If I could get rid of a few NAPs that I do not want to see then I could let the townies chose freely from the rest. It could be fun but the stealing and free love will never work in my game so I place NAPs myself.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Disabled
    I only recently got EL, and I decided to play for a while with NAP voting enabled just out of curiosity to see which ones NPCs would vote in. Yeesh. I had to waste most of a play session afterward to go around repealing almost all of them. Too much work for too little fun, so I turned off the voting permanently.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Enabled
    Because I got a mod that changed the sharing is caring one since it was the only one I couldn't stand. The we wear bags is interesting but what I hate is I have a retail store in a neighborhood with this nap and it's weird that everyone wears it. I would like it better if only residents wore it or at least just walkbys. but I guess some neighborhoods don't have much residents so I get why they made it all walkbys even if they don't live there.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    Enabled
    I recently got EL and I rather enjoy the (somewhat) politics simulator aspect of it. And I get buckets of influence points anyway so with my household all together, I can usually go and overwrite it...or have it be an actual challenge for a loner solo sim to just try to earn the influence points by themself.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Depends on the save file
    Not necessarily the save file, as I play rotationally and only have one now, but rather household.

I played around with the Eco Lifestyle pack a lot before I decided to just do one save file, so I know what it's all about. NAP voting (as well as environmental effects) are currently turned off. If I decide to revisit the pack, then I'll probably turn it all back on again.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Disabled
    Disabled! I will say it again. Eco Lifestyle has some of my favorite features of the game and some of the ABSOLUTE WORST features to hit any Sims series too and those would be the annoying NAPs!!!
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    edited July 2021
    Enabled
    It was super simple in my one-household saves- one played sim can outvote all npcs so easily that I never had any trouble putting in the naps I wanted. I always wondered what all the whining was about.

Now that I'm playing a rotation, it was harder, at least at first. Sometimes, but not all the time, naps get voted in neighborhoods I'm not playing at the time. I still haven't figured out what determines voting in neighborhoods I'm not playing in. But even so, by the time I was halfway through my second rotation through (about 10 days per household total playing time), I now have the naps the way I want them in all four neighborhoods. I did have to do a total of 3 repeal processes, but now I won't have to do that ever again in this save.

Edit: maybe it's also relevant that I installed Eco at the same time that I started playing Sims 4 (last summer) so naps were always part of how I played the game. I never had to adjust to them.

• Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Disabled
    Some are fine, but I don’t want my sims living in an area with random fist fights or constantly drunk fighting people. I also don’t want areas my sim doesn’t live in making those decisions.
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I didn't vote because I don't own this pack (yet). I never liked the sound of the NAP's and when I finally buy this pack I will toggle them off immediately. I think it is possible I would use the free love and fighting NAP's at one time or another, just for a laugh, but if I can't control what happens in my game I don't want it. I do not ever want my sims to be able to vote in things I don't want.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Disabled
    It was super simple in my one-household saves- one played sim can outvote all npcs so easily that I never had any trouble putting in the naps I wanted. I always wondered what all the whining was about.

Now that I'm playing a rotation, it was harder, at least at first. Sometimes, but not all the time, naps get voted in neighborhoods I'm not playing at the time. I still haven't figured out what determines voting in neighborhoods I'm not playing in. But even so, by the time I was halfway through my second rotation through (about 10 days per household total playing time), I now have the naps the way I want them in all four neighborhoods. I did have to do a total of 3 repeal processes, but now I won't have to do that ever again in this save.

Edit: maybe it's also relevant that I installed Eco at the same time that I started playing Sims 4 (last summer) so naps were always part of how I played the game. I never had to adjust to them.

I'm impressed you can handle NAPs in rotational play. I can't do it because I don't want 4 NAPs active in the neighbourhoods, I want just one or two. It's impossible for me to have them on.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Disabled
    I no longer have the pack installed.
    The only thing I miss about it is community spaces and shipping container wallpapers. There is too much I dislike about it.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Disabled
    Disabled. I had way too many NAP glitches in my game.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    Enabled
    I actually like the NAPs (except for the buggy ones like Sharing is Caring) quite a bit so I always have them enabled. But I do max them out to 4 in every neighbourhood, some by gameplay and some by cheating, and I always ensure that only the ones that I like win. Once all the slots are filled, they are very stable and stay the way I set them. I tend to like Clean Energy Production, Eco Friendly Appliances, Green Gardening and Power Conservation the best, but I have a few unique neighbourhoods with their own special NAPs. For example all my celebrities who live in who live in the Pinnacles have the quirk that makes them want to drink a lot, and so they have the Juiced Community NAP to foster their alcoholism. I have a community of artists and writers who favour the Promote Creative Arts NAP, another community of techies who have chosen to vote for both the Fun Loving Community and Tech Support NAPs. Finally, I have a community of Yoga-lovers, health nuts and Fitness Gurus who have the Rock Your Body (and Mind) NAP in their neighbourhood. However, I avoid Sharing is Caring, Foodies Unite and Free Love like the plague because I don't want them messing with my gameplay (which they tend to do). Other than those buggy ones, though, I think the NAPs work really well and they add an interesting dimension to each geographical area in the game by helping to make them feel more distinct from each other and unique.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Enabled, but I choose which are enacted in neighborhoods I play - and sometimes get unexpected side-effects, like the cakes - OMG, the cakes! - and have to recalibrate.
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Disabled
    As much as I enjoy much of Eco Lifestyle, NAPs are an absolute curse to the game.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Aleia1Aleia1 Posts: 68 Member
    Disabled
    Someone above said they like collecting influence points. I've never found a use for them except when voting for NAPs, which I have disabled and only do occasionally on an individual basis.

The sims I am playing seem to acquire stacks of influence points without any effort and I never pay attention to them. Do they have any value?
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Disabled
    I'm a control freak, I use cheats to set the community lot spaces & NAPs to the way I want them.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Disabled
    I've had them disabled from within the first week of the expansions release. They create to much weird chaos in the game for my liking.
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Enabled
    Enable cause I like when something unexpected befalls upon my Sims. My own Sims in general do not vote.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Enabled
    Tbh, the NAPS are pretty much just sometimes annoying but compared to the whole pack, it's probably one that I use the most stuff out of. I really love this pack and yes it has its "challenges." But overall it's a solid pack to me, just saying. :)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    Disabled
    Disabled, I don’t want to deal with the bugs. I took a bit of a break from playing sims shortly after the pack came out but I was still active here on the forums and I still watched Game Changers’ videos on the pack, so I was aware of the bugs but never experienced them. When I decided I wanted to play again I immediately disabled npc voting.

Even if it weren’t buggy I would probably still have it disabled because I’m a bit of a control freak.
  • Options
    MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    Disabled
    Always disabled. Some of the NAPs are far too irritating for me to tolerate in my game!
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    Enabled
    I had initially voted for enabled but had to change this in my games to Disabled because of all the disruption caused by NPC families. They seemed to generate compulsive grilling, drink making, and other stuff in my games that was not how I wanted to play (let's not even mention the Sharing is Caring NAP which caused neighbors to steal my stuff and they even stole items from community lots). The only NAP I missed once I stopped using it was Free Love which generated some fun behavior from visiting sims. And never in my games did I have so much work to undo the NAP damage. I literally had to visit each and every non-played family in my games to get rid of their NAPs. Now my sim families only opt for the eco type NAPs which I have enjoyed playing. And with NAPs disabled even though voting notices keep coming they don't get installed. I've figured out that the Gardening NAP needs you to have a bug box no matter how lush your garden is (and that box can be empty). I've enjoyed passing the NAP inspections and seeing my bills get smaller. Not all families have NAPs and most only have one or two of them. I enjoy the new lot traits and all the other stuff that came with the pack but wish the Community areas were easier to use in other saves. Personally detest the Harris family but maybe it's due to the fact they gave my Interior Decorator some grief when they didn't like the reno (they still send hate mail).