Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    *Updated my July 17th post above! I'll get started on comments now. Hope y'all had a fabulous day/night! I know I did! <3
  • Options
    @SoulGal7
    Aww, man, poor Wolfgang, now the Fabricator doesn't like him either. Congrats to Sakura for reaching 4 Star celebrity status! Nice that Sakura got a recipe for a desk and an electronic upgrade part! Those tuna are huge eh? I always thought they should be worth more. Oh well... By the way there is one more fishing spot in Evergreen Harbor, it's in the Grims Quarry neighborhood.

Congrats to Sakura for completing the Nerd Brain aspiration! Love the knitted toy bears. Nice of Father Winter to help with Wolfgang's Smog machine concept. ;) Ah, they got a meat wall now. Cool! Interesting about the ghost rider bike. I've seen a video someone else made of one awhile ago. Spooky!

Congrats to Wolfgang for completing the Friend of the World aspiration! Ah, Lone Wolf. I can see that for him. In his other life, not now of course. Very cool she met Blossom Greenburg. Bummer she didn't get any selfies. So funny how Wolfgang takes a shower in the rain. :D Nice haul he got dumpster diving too. Good idea putting them in a storage room.

Oh man, the twins are adorable! I knew they would be, of course, since their parents are so good looking. Yay! He got to use the smog machine, excellent. :) Great birthday party, love those cupcakes. Great house renovation, love their living room still the most. Oh dear, naughty Ken playing in the toilet. :D Bummer lightening got the plant and the rug. I have one very BIG question for you. Where did that alien baby birth certificate come from? Did they find it in a dumpster?

@miss_eulenauge
    Yep, less than 2 weeks now for FH. Essa & Josh have solved the mystery of who their ghost is now. ;) Thanks about my daily post pics! I just have a gaming desktop with a great graphics card and photoshop. Plus, I take a TON of screenshots from many different angles until I get one that I like. :)

@permanentrose
    Oh, well this is cool, Ruby on a date! Of course Jules freaked out. Glad Emmett helped calm her down somewhat. Very cool sentiment Ruby got for Zane too.
  • Options
    miss_eulenaugemiss_eulenauge Posts: 250 Member
    @Karababy52
    The title of your July 16th update is so true... :( I like how you always put such poetic titles, and this one particularly rang a bell for me :) Love all the sibling interaction! I hope I'll be up to the challenge now that Amelia and Rae are in the picture :D Aw, sorry you had problems with the Monster lights! :(
    So happy that both girls have found something they like to do, and cool that they both seem very creative people! Congrats on finishing the aspiration already! Ooh, Rambunctious scamp? I foresee a trip to the playground! :D
    Have to admit that Josee is a little my favourite - not so much personality-wise, just the space buns paried with one of my favourite colors (green)... :D
    That incident was really funny :D Poor Essa though!

@SoulGal7
    Aw, bummer about the items not counting :( I think I'd just cheat it in that situation, but it's admirable of you to try and do it again :)
    Wow, what a hidden treasure! O.o
    Ewww, the meat wall... :O (For now it's ok enough, but I know that it'll get flies too or something and that just gives me the mega-creeps tbh. Perhaps you can put *these* pictures in another spoiler or something? If that's ok for you? :)
    Wow, a ghost rider bike! :O (Now I want bikes... Oh well :D )
    And now Sakura hears stuff about the "old Wolfgang" - glad he was able to reassure her! Wow, cool gadget! Now they'll be able to use all the stuff Wolfgang found them! :) Lol, the paparazzi hiding behind the plant :D Awww, poor little toddlers. OMG I applaud you for even trying to use high chairs - they drive me nuts! :O I usually only have one because Sims are too dumb to autonomously feed toddlers without one... :D Very pretty house remodel too :)

@sassytxbrat
    Wow! How many traits does Mia have right now? :O Hehe, great idea to choose Free love while you do serial romantic :D Emily is pregnant??? One would have thought that this family is big enough already, but ok... :D Glad that she made progress in the secret society.

@permanentrose
    Btw thank you too for the tip on kids and books :) Amelia might pursue this, and for now, I found the animations super useful for Miles writing on the computer... (although I admittedly cheated his creative skill to allow for dollhouse inspiration - it's not like it will matter a lot, and I needed him to write) :D
    I really had to giggle while reading about Jules' reactions to Ruby's first date... so realistic! :D Awww Zane is looking at Ruby like a puppy in one of the shots! :D Lol, this conversation...! I can't even...! *erupts into giggles again* :D Awwww... Ruby is in love! The attractiveness system is so cool. It gives great prompts, and we can still change it if we already have a story in mind...

@Ellupelluellu This has absolutely nothing to do with the update in itself, but I noticed Mia's hair in your game, and have been searching for one like that for a long while now. Could you tell me what pack it's from or at least show a closeup in better lighting or something? If it's not too much extra work :)
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
    time zone: Berlin, Germany - EA Gallery ID: Noctuara
  • Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited July 2021
    @Karababy52 - lol - The alien birth certificate on the wall in the office, is just a debug item. No foreshadowing for that...although you never know! lol That one is on the wall as well as the free pub one from uni. I also sometimes use those debug pictures, but didn't this time because Sakura has so many paintings in her inventory. I also have those debug free rock plaques that sit on tables. And the coffee bag and wine bottle in the kitchen. When Wolfgang "made" the deck, there are some debug garden stepping stones that I like that are placed between the red container and the deck. I also normally use the debug watering can, bottle of fertilizer and the spray can around the garden. Just free clutter items that cost nothing.

And I meant to mention about the group photo. It was taken during a thunderstorm and they all have the scared moodlet....except Melody! lol So that is why they are all looking so sad. For Essa, I just put her in one of the pre-set clothing choices, which came with glasses. All that knitting was giving her eyestrain. lol
  • Options
    @Karababy52 -
    That last chapter is so funny with Josh and Veera. And then the paparazzi takes a photo of him because she can't get one of Veera. I think that Essa got stuck there on purpose because she wanted to know what Josh did all day! lol And that paparazzi...oh my gosh...she was forward with Father Winter! And with all that dumpster diving that Josh did, he still looks so fresh and clean after the day is done. Amazing!
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited July 2021
    I do apologize that it's so hard for me to keep up these days. Still loving this challenge though, reading your posts and playing when I have time is still one of my favorite things to do when I get some down time <3 Also I didn't have time to proof read any of these comments so I apologize for typos and if I don't make sense in some places ;)

@Karababy52
    Your girls are so cute playing together! I do wonder if between Kat and Inna if you have a plan brewing to get them to the Forgotten Hollow next month! :) Is Inna still just coming out of the inventory on her own, or have you placed her urn somewhere to make it more likely to happen?

I love that each girl is really finding their own hobbies and interests, and that was a super sweet idea to have Josh fix up the laptop for Jessah and discover her love for writing. I love that Josee is really loving the violin too! Great progress with Essa's aspiration too! And eureka - Essa has put together the clues about Inna, yay! Love how you've made this all part of your story! Haha, love that Father Winter is rummaging through the dumpsters. You're probably right, he must be digging around for gifts/materials to make gifts ;) Love that Josee is such a daddy's girl too!

Aw, cute family fishing moment! So cute to see the girls catch their first fish! Your garden is looking fantastic too! So cool to use dumpster diving and fabricating items to get all the items you're using too. That's one reason I think I'd enjoy this pack - such a fun way to get stuff and build up your sims' home without just popping in BB mode. So glad you were able to use that doll house story feature to have Jessah write a book on the computer! Glad to help out! I don't know about publishing it since I just set it for sale in my store too. I definitely see Jessah growing up as a published author though!! Nice work on the girl's aspirations too! Love the moment of them getting pizza with Dad too :)

Thanks for the tip about the alien party on Sixam! So if I have Ruby go to Sixam and not Jules, will that ruin my changes for getting the alien party too? I was actually planning on having Ruby go first anyway ;)

Haha, funny dumpster pics with Veera ;) And there's Father Winter again, LOL. Definitely a fun little interlude, love it when the game just gets entertaining like that :)

@SoulGal7
    HAha, too funny with the work outfit for Wolfgang. I've noticed that the robo arm glitches with some outfits and will make sims walk around without pants, so it's usually best to remove it before changing outfits. I think it's just outfits that are full body outfits though. But definitely a funny moment ;) Love seeing your play through of this pack too! Always fun when the fabricator dyes them fun colors too!

Nice outfit changes for all the challenge sims too! Although they all look so upset about something :D

Haha, love the dumpster woohoo. Would totally do that for Jules and Emmett if I had that pack, I know it's kind of a gross location, but I still think it's funny and an entertaining thing to do ;) Dumpster diving seems so cool too, it looks like you can find a lot of great stuff that way! Their house is looking so nice these days too, LOVE the items from the eco pack. That's weird about your onesies. Usually they seem to go back in the inventory, sorry you lost all your hard work!

Haha, yes, there's his work outfit ;) And that planter is really cool - the gardening stuff from this pack seems like a lot of fun and a little different than what you get with most packs. Cool alien plant! Nice that you can continue to work on fame stuff with Sakura too!

Haha, too funny that Father Winter showed up by the dumpster in your game too ;) Must be something he regularly does. That meat wall is an interesting feature, love seeing you use it! And I've had that bike glitch too, usually someone appears on the bike after a little while though if I watch it long enough though.

Aw, love your twins' aged up looks. The overalls they are wearing are just too cute! I love overalls on toddlers <3 Sakura and Wolfgang definitely made some cute looking kids :) Love your birthday party for them too!

@Ellupelluellu
    What a fun update with all your visitors. Looks like Veera and Nancy are being competitive grandmother's haha, might be trying to out do each other a bit. They both good looking grandmas too haha! Fun to see them both interact with Mona <3 Love the charmer trait for toddlers too. And yay, you found your stan!! Too funny it was Bob, I feel like he's the kind of guy who would definitely be a stan, and his comments about loving her and wanting to marry her in the bathroom cracked me up :D

HAha, and there's Bob again. Nice little spellcaster work there! Are all three kids spellcasters? Just curious. Wow, long day indeed, you really go a lot of good content! Good work with the aspiration :)

Yes, Jules must have that reward trait! I think it's called something with "connections" haha. Thanks for letting me know about that, I totally forgot about that one :)

@miss_eulenauge
    I'll download Amelia soon! I just haven't logged into my game in several days haha - all my updates are from screenshots I've been saving up this week. Once she ages up to a teen, you can give me all the CC you're gonna use for her too! I'll toss the toddler version of her in with some of the other challenge sims in my game, but she won't start showing up places on her own until she's a kid.

And honestly I'm not sure where things are going with the Tony plotline haha. Since I don't control him, I'll have to make a very intentional effort to make a revenge plotline happen, so we'll see haha.
    Post edited by permanentrose on
  • Options
    @permanentrose -
    Thanks for the note on the dumpster woohoo. Yeah, in real life...no way...but, heck, they are all dumpster diving anyway...and it is an option...and just look at that cute pose when they get thrown from the dumpster. Since I don't use pose packs, I thought that it was adorable. It just looks so loving...like...not matter what...I will always love you. :)
  • Options
    @SoulGal7 i love the animation for when they get spit of the dumpster too, it’s so cute. It’s the same one they use for coffin woohoos too but I can’t even be mad that it’s recycled since it’s so cute
  • Options
    @permanentrose
    Awww don't apologize if you have trouble keeping up with comments! RL can be hard, especially school. I honestly only can because my days got a little better (and because I don't update daily), and because I found that I really missed getting comments and interacting with you guys. And between commenting again myself and ultimately dropping the challenge due to lack of motivation - well I know what I choose :smiley:
    For Amelia - Just making sure you saw. I re-uploaded her and fixed the link because of Rae's hair changes :) But if you only want to get Amelia it shouldn't disturb you either way :)
    Oh gosh now I'm getting scared. Does that mean that I have to organize my CC folder to tell you what CC I used? :sweat_smile: Or is it enough if I can tell you the creator's name from the thumbnail or something? :sweat_smile:

Fun with the Tony storyline! I guess you could always keep him in the back of your hand to pull out later if you need him and don't have the time for a storyline right now :D He'd certainly have a motive! :D
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
  • Options
    sassytxbratsassytxbrat Posts: 225 Member
    Mia Patina
    July 18
    Week 12 Monday

2021-07-05-11_03_21-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

@miss_eulenauge Mia has 43 traits at the moment. This includes her 3 starting traits, the aspiration traits she has purchased, and everything she has earned in game.
    ~Teresa~
    My Sims 4 Gallery // EA ID: TSmetana
  • Options
    Gah, my free time is just so non-existent these days :( Things should slow down a little soon I hope - still trying to get a ton of stuff moved into my parents house and organized there, so that's adding a lot of extra things for me to do on top of school right now. ANYWAY, realized I had a few more screenshots that I haven't posted yet, so I'm gonna whip up a quick update from those. I can't wait until I actually have time to play more than once a week though :)

--

Update 197 - At the store

lPml9xQ.jpg
    I sent Jules to work on her own today and decided to open the store instead. Ruby came and helped out as soon as school was over, definitely nice to have some extra hands :)
    LyiiPG7.png

Ew, Brittany, why are you here?? And looking as disgusted with the world as you usually do...
    GgxdKoH.png

Ew, even worse, why are they greeting each other with a hug????? I kind of hate these autonomous greetings sometimes, there's no way Emmett would be hugging his ex if she just popped into his store like this...well, I suppose time has healed some of these wounds....
    3C8FuJR.png

Jaz showed up too, and it looks like they like the pets! <3 (@IllusoryThrall)
    bvWwLyS.png

Also River showed up too!
    qdauMGd.png

And that's for sure an abrupt place to end, sorry, but I have no more screenshots :( Hopefully I can play a bit tomorrow!
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    @permanentrose - Ruby's First Date -
    Oh my gosh! Oh geez...Ruby is right where Jules started! Oh my! Jules is probably having a horror nightmare thinking back to what she did when she was a teen! lol And here Ruby and Zane are just having an innocent time together. So sweet. I love the look that Ruby is giving Jules when she asks her about Zane. lol So, Ruby finds Zane attractive. I wonder how Zane feelings about Ruby. This is a cute little romance blossoming between Zane and Ruby.

@sassytxbrat
    Mia certainly had an eventful day from fixing her laptop to kissing Kyoshi Ito! lol So, she bought all the minerals on the table. Is that for the Curator Aspiration or something else? And once again a meeting of the Secret Society. Mia really has a lot of traits! That's great!

@Ellupelluellu - Day 28 -
    So Bob is the stan? lol Don't mess with Melody...she'll turn you into something...a knight in shining armor was a gift...it could have been a toad...oh right...can't do toads...lol I am beginning to hate the Celebrity Aspiration myself. At least you are past the selfies part. I think the Master Actress is actually easier. I am so glad I didn't stay in Del Sol Valley...at this rate Sakura will never get those selfies. Oh well... Glad that Melody got those cheers and the last autograph. I am sure she will be a 5-star celebrity in no time at all.

@Karababy52 - July 16 -
    Just wanted to say what a nice shot of the street artwork in your cover shot. Love that they had some family time together fishing. Are you enrolling them in Scouts? Because that would have given them a tick off of one of their badges. The deck looks really good, as does the house. So cute they have secrets between them. Josh looks so forlorn for having lost that tournament. Oh my gosh! And congrats to both Jessah and Josee for completing the Creative Aspiration. And what a nice treat for the twins to get...cheese pizza....Josh is a softie for sure. hehehe

@miss_eulenauge - Can't wait until Amelia ages up and I can put her in my game! Woot!

@IllusoryThrall - Hope you are doing well. Looking forward to more Jaz updates :)
  • Options
    sassytxbratsassytxbrat Posts: 225 Member
    @SoulGal7 yes although she is not actively collecting the minerals yet, she couldn't turn down an opportunity to buy what was there.
    I was really hoping it would be something else that is harder to collect - sometimes they have all the snowglobes, which would have saved her the time she will spend digging through boxes in the city. also, once the table is set up, if it isn't what you want, you can have them travel away and then travel back (through loading screens) and they will reset the table. Mia didn't do that this time.
    ~Teresa~
    My Sims 4 Gallery // EA ID: TSmetana
  • Options
    @miss_eulenauge
    Thanks, I like to try finding applicable quotes for the title, if possible. :) Monster lights seem to be working again, thankfully! I'm happy too and yes, they both rolled the creative trait. Definite playground trip soon since Essa can't make a jungle gym on the Fabricator. There's no room on the lot for one anyway. hehe I felt bad for Essa standing there the entire time. I should've just sent her home. I wanted to see if she'd go anywhere though or even go talk to Josh, but nope. Hope it doesn't happen again. Two more career levels and she's done with that though. :)

@SoulGal7
    Ah, okay, I figured it was probably just a fun debug thing for their wall. I keep expecting Josh to get abducted since he's alway awake and out late dumpster diving, but so far he hasn't. Hope I didn't jinx it! o.O Cross your fingers it doesn't happen! Would be kind of cool if he did, but it would foil a few plans I have for the near future. ;) I love all the fun free debug items we can get for our Sims. I use them a lot when decorating, especially little things like; the coffee bag, cups, those gardening tools, long stem rose, rocks for pathways, etc., just like you have. :) Ohhh, a thunderstorm, that makes sense! HAHA! Eyestrain from knitting! Yep, good reason for the glasses! ;)

Oh man, I had SO much fun with those screenshots! It was all autonomous too. Sometimes the game throws you an entertaining gift! hehe Hmm, you could be right about Essa just wanting to keep an eye on him. Especially since she's suspicious of Kat. She trusts Josh, of course, but I'm sure she has her doubts about Kat after that maniacal laugh. Josh has had the Forever Fresh reward trait for a long time, since before he met Essa and before they updated the reward traits. I think the game is confused or bugged with it sometimes though, because his hygiene still goes down. Albeit very slowly, but it does and it shouldn't. No worries though, he's still a Spellcaster so he just does a Scrubaroo spell on himself and he's fresh as a daisy in seconds. hehe

Love the sunflower street art for the Modern Development. They're so pretty and really make the neighborhood look cheerful. :) Gah! Scouts! I always forget about that feature. Thanks for the reminder! Definitely wanted to do that with the twins. :) Josh is a big 'ol softie! Especially when it comes to his girls. :)

@permanentrose
    No worries about anything here, you've got a lot on your plate right now and I've always said that real life responsibilities always come first, of course! *Hugs* :)

The twins are BFFs, so they have a great time together. :) I haven't put Inna's urn out, nope. She's still appearing from household inventory. Shouldn't be possible, but I guess she's special. :D Josh loves both girls and of course wants them to find out who they are and interests in life, so he does all he can to help them do that. :) Inna's side story has been fun to develop. I'm glad they know who she is now too. It's up to her for what happens next. Will she stay a ghost? Will she want to live again? We'll see...

The only time I go into build/buy mode is for things they can't make on the Fabricator or woodworking table, plus if I need to move things around or expand. Of course to check on objects they've found to use, repair or recycle too. I think the last thing I actually 'bought' was the Coolala Defender lights. It's fun doing it this way and makes dumpster diving all the more meaningful and necessary. Thanks again for the dollhouse book writing tip! Next time I go in game later tonight, I'll check to see if she can publish it. :)

I don't know if it's just the Scientist that should wait to go to Sixam or if anyone in the household goes they don't get it. You might want to do a search to find that answer. Sorry, wish I could help you there. Oh, another thing about that party, don't be alarmed if Jules doesn't get the notice after she reaches Level 10 in the career right away. It might not happen until the next day or two. Sometimes it's delayed. She'll have little quests for the party while she's there too, but it's not necessary to do them. I rarely had my Scientists do that, they usually just hung out with the aliens for a bit and then wandered off to collect stuff and take photos. hehe

Love how family members can help out with stores. Too bad the game's A.I. doesn't recognize Brittney shouldn't/wouldn't be at the store or hug Emmett. But perhaps as you've said they've let bygones be bygones. Nice that some challenge Sims showed up. I don't blame Jaz for going right for the pets, I would too! ;)
  • Options
    @Karababy52
    thanks for your tips about the alien party. I’ll look that up - assuming I even have enough time to get Jules to level 10 of this career 😩 also I realized I forgot to answer your question about the hotdog outfit - I did intentionally give that to him since I thought it would be funny 😆
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    @permanentrose You're welcome! Crossing my fingers she does make it to Level 10! :) Ah, okay, well I for one am glad you did that, it was hilarious!! :D
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member

@Karababy52 ,
    Oh yes, I got corrected about my Aurora comment :) After that I have only called those either polar lights or Aurora :) Haha I loved the part when Nancy showed up , naturally she was piiisssseeed off because of something totally different thins, but they both gave the eye on each others :p
    Yes, ol good Bob.. I so hoped it would of been someone else than him, but at least now I don't feel bad for turning him.. well to what ever :D But yep , no way he can compete with Malcolm :D Oh dear, i did not even looked about the socks, well, I did not give him that outfit, he got it after promotion :D
    I don't know how long it takes for me to remember all the names of the Dudes :D
    -- I love the main pic with the...Polar Lights ;):p Cute that girl's gt the same fish! Not happened on my game :) Anyway lovely day for the girls and Josh :) Poor Essa for all the long workdays... but someone have to do it :p
    -- Okay.. only thin I will say about your last update, NO WONDER SHE IS COVERING HER EARS :D (I know that is more like headache but anyway) SHAME ON YOU VEERA! :joy: Haha hilarious , thank you for showing her :p

@SoulGal7 ,
    Yep! Ol good BOB :D Haha :smiley: Believe me, I am not in love at those celeb aspirations either..
    -- Okay the main pic is kinda cute.. but ewwww.. hugging a worm :p Congrats for being 4 star celeb! :smiley:
    -- Wolfie all dirty again :D Oh now full of paint too :D He is so good at that stuff, Sakura selected the right dude.. i mean.. imagine that other doing all that for them??? No.. not fit in the picture. EH.. that meat wall.. ewww... :joy:
    -- well the point of starting at EL is that neither of the cleaning places NAP is not active :) YAY, go Wolfie for that aspiration! EWWW mustard haired skinny Malcolm.. I erase that image from my memory.. now.. better :p
    --Twins look good! Oh what amount of rain! Great House tour!

@permanentrose ,
    Thank you :) haha I had fun with Nancy and Veera's reactions :p HAH , yes Bob was so like "It is MEE" that I did not even think of him, hehe. Yes all are spellcasters.
    -- Okay , Jules! Pot blames the kettle! Se is not too young to have an innocent date, WHEN YOU CAN SEE HER FROM YOUR WINDOW!! Reminder for Sherlock-Jules, A hug, no matter how long one, is NOT not like getting pregnant as teen!!!
    --Brittany and Emmett.. duh! Oh spotter Parsley several times.. ah.. sorry,, DILL

@miss_eulenauge , Hah yep Bob is better as a statue than as an adoring fan :p
    Hair you asked, CC, sorry, but here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/thema-by-49429714
    (leaving this out of spoiler in case someone else needs that hair Mia has in my game :)

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    July - Day 18: "Necessity may be the Mother of invention, but play is certainly the Father!"

lOnzoWn.png

Notes
    a92LiAY.png
    The next morning before work, Essa used the Eco Smog machine on a couple treasures Josh found in a dumpster. The first one was a dresser that doubled as a puppet theater. (*However, there is no option to do a puppet show on it, so I don't know what's up with that.) The second was a hall table that would be placed by the front door.

VkSn9dq.png
    Essa wanted to try to make a couple more Hydroponic planters before she left for work and Josh was brushing up on his video game skills to enter another tournament.

5blrdB1.png
    The girls were playing with the dollhouse, one of their absolute favorite things to do. Jessah was narrating a tale for the two to act out.

yQi1gNQ.png
    Finished with the planters, Essa placed them on the back deck and tended to the garden. The twins soon left for school and Essa went to work.

cYxFy96.png
    Josh walked over to the Maker's Space to bottle up a batch of fizzy grape juice he'd started and accidentally left in the machine again. He loaded up some apples this time and looked over to see if the Recycler was available to use.

LhZ9P53.png
    There were some people standing near it, but no one was using it, so Josh hurried over there before anyone could take it, especially Veera, who was there, but lucky for him she was occupied signing an autograph for someone. Next up in his usual routine was to check the dumpsters. He was hoping to find a television or perhaps a better stove to fix up.

eXfqKsR.png
    A couple ladies wandered over to stare at his butt. Seriously, what's these Sims obsession with his butt? It's nice, I must admit, but come on! Let the guy dive in peace! The Gal with too much rouge is their mail carrier! Remember her from DSV? The other is Lilah Lockhart who was the girlfriend of my Perfect Garden Sim, Jerrad. Thankfully, they both left before Josh saw them standing there. He found a few interesting things they might be able to use, bottled up the fizzy apple juice and went home to start dinner.

8LUYLPK.png
    Essa came home from work with another promotion! Yay Essa! Congratulations! Only one more level and she'll have topped out the career and complete the Eco Innovator aspiration! Usually I do one aspiration at a time, but this month I've been flip flopping between them because I knew the career would take a long time and wasn't sure she'd have enough time left to do the Master Maker aspiration. After she finishes this aspiration, she'll only need to complete 5 gigs as a Freelance Crafter and that one will be done too!

0KKoFvq.png
    Josh had already fed the girls who were working on their homework and extra credit while he resumed a knitting project. Essa grabbed a plate and sat on a pouf to eat and chat with Josh. She was tired again and would go to bed after doing her daily task for work. Josh and the girls had plans to travel to a park for some playtime together!

hGMnDtb.png
    Since I hadn't placed a park with a playground in Newcrest, they went to the Hare Square park in Windenburg.

"All hands on deck. Be on alert for the legendary sea monster. It's suppose ta be in these here waters. Wait! I see it! Man the bubble blaster First Mate Josee!"

EqeKk3L.png
    "Ay, ay I see it Captain Jessah. Do not fear, I'll save us all!" *Pop, pop, poppity pop POP*

rXZQUnG.png
    "Argh, I missed! It's still there and I'm outta ammonishin'! We're all doomed!"

EtDljI2.png
    "Never fear crew, Captain Jessah to the rescue. That dang monster doesn't have a chance against me!"
    "It's surfacing Captain! Quick, steer to the left, I mean, uh Port! Port! Port! Port!"
    "I'm tryin', but, it's followin' us."

O0oH26V.png
    "Oh no! It's looking at me. What do I do?"

cseYn7e.png
    "Scare it away Captain! "
    "Shoo, Shoo, go away, you're not wanted here. We have nothing for you, go home!"

8oQZzx1.png
    *RAWR!* "Yes you do, I EAT little girls for breakfast!" *RAWR! ROAR! SNORT! SNORT! RAWR!*

K1XJnsH.png
    "AHHHHH! We're not little girls, we're fierce sailors, no little girls here! Go home, that way, or, or fly away that way."
    *RAWR!* "You are trying to trick me little girl! Fe Fi Fo Fum, I smell-"
    "Daaaaaaddy! That's what the giant says in Jack and the Beanstalk! You're a scary sea monster, not a giant!"
    "Oh! Opps! Okay, Um.... *RAWR* I'M FULL ANYWAY! I WILL LET YOU GO THIS TIME. BUT BE AFRAID OF THESE WATERS. I WILL BE BACK!" *RAWR!*
    hehehe *gigglesnort* "You're so funny Daddy."

The twins and Josh had a lot of fun playing in the park, but it was getting late, so he took them home, promising to come back another day.

EzOFbts.png
    *whispers* "Good night Sweet Pea, my precious little angel. You're a good Captain! Daddy loves you!"

f4AOcdT.png
    *whispers* "Good night to you too Sweet Pea, darling girl. You were a great First Mate too. Daddy loves you, Sweet dreams."

mV46PXc.png
    Josh stood for a moment after tucking in the girls thinking about their time at the park. He hoped they never had to face any kind of real monsters and if they did, he hoped they knew he would always be there to protect them the best he knew how. God help anything or anyone who ever tried to hurt them or tear this family apart. He'd make very sure they would wish they'd never been born...

Josh took a deep breath, and put aside such thoughts. He went upstairs and climbed in bed to cuddle with Essa. After a little while, he slept.
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
  • Options
    @Ellupelluellu Thank you so, so much! (Also it really makes me happy that it's CC hair - CC hair I can get despite an empty Portemonnaie :D )
    Question on the side - how did you manage to find out which link belongs to this hair??? I would like to be able to do that too. :D
  • Options
    SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    Hi all. I've been thinking about this a lot, but I'm going to stop from here with this challenge. At first, I want my 'One Year Challenge' blog page to be updated, so my readers can read the story I've written from start to where we are now. When I have that all fixed, I can think about continuing the rest, since I really want Bryon to fulfil his one year, but I'm not sticking to the actual dates anymore.

It's been really nice, but posting a story every day is just too much for me, given that I also have two other stories to take care for. So my plan for now, get my blog page updated and continue with my other stories for the time being, but Bryon won't be gone. I still love him a lot, and I AM going to give Bryon a full years story. Just... On my own pace. :)
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Update 197 - Family Time

jRTUDxI.png
    Ew Rowan, seriously??? Also note that this toilet is perpetually pranked LOL.
    oveWQoy.png

"Oh, so you're interested in the toilet now? Let's try this instead." (I replaced the toilet in BB mode, I was so sick of it being pranked haha)
    M3qfPwT.jpg

Well that backfired...but anyone who has potty trained boys before knows this is often the reality :D
    8mYgy8u.png

EW NO DON'T DO THAT PICKLE 🤢
    cw9u9GQ.png

And since everyone else has had a turn putting Rowan to bed recently, I decided tonight would be Emmett's turn.
    Y0duhNW.png

Oh hi there cutie :)
    WZCowFC.png

It's almost summer, and the weather is getting nice, so Ruby played with Rowan for a bit in the pool the next morning before she had to head to school.
    5Z8Tq0o.png

Rowan still enjoyed the beautiful morning even after Ruby had to leave for school.
    hZO8tUa.png

And it was also Love Day! I'm not gonna have time to send these two on a date, but Emmett did give Jules a flower before she headed off to work <3
    HDbv8NM.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    *Updated my July 18th post above! Unfortunately, I had a horrible time with Imgur again and as a result I'm up wayyy too late and need to get some rest. Comments/Replies will have to wait until later. It's our grocery shopping day too, so it'll probably be late. *sigh* Sorry about that... Hope y'all have a great day/night! <3
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    July 17- Evergreen Harbor - Day 9 - Sunday

ren-asleep-amongst-the-flowers-sun-am.png
    Sakura was off today and Wolfgang worked from 9am -4pm and he was going to work from home. When they got up, they found Ren asleep outside on the pathway. Oh my gosh! Ren had probably woken up in the night and was looking for them and didn't know where they were. He could have wandered off. They lived at the port, with cranes and pits and hazards and water all around them. Sakura was beside herself thinking of what could have happened to Ren. Oh this wasn't good. Plus, being a toddler, Ren couldn't climb ladders either, to get to Wolfgang and Sakura's bedroom.

sakura-fixing-breakfast.png

Sakura and Wolfgang discussed the issue of Ren wandering last night while Sakura fixed breakfast and decided that they would either have to put a fence around the property or, they would have to move to another neighborhood to a house with a fenced yard. They really liked where they lived. It was close to Wolfgang's work, they had just cast their vote to improve the Community Space, and had met some neighbors who had someone Ren & Ken's own age. Plus, they had worked so hard on their house additions and the garden. But if it meant that the children would be safer, they would have to move. Sakura said she would look at some other rentals today.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

With breakfast done, Sakura wanted to paint portraits of the twins individually, and with the weather cooperating, it was the perfect day to do so. She set up one of the poufs she had knitted on a flower rug and had each child sit on the pouf.

sakura-painting-individual-paintings-of-the-twins.png

This was no easy task, because they wanted to get down and play with the dollhouse, or play with the blocks...but finally, Sakura was able to get them to sit still for a moment while she snapped a photo of them and painted from reference.

PAINTING-REN.png

Sakura was so pleased with her work. She hung them up with the portraits she had painted of Wolfgang and herself. [Note: The portrait she painted of Ken was a masterpiece.]

THE-NEW-FAMILY-PORTRAIT-WALL-SUNDAY.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

While she did the portraits, Wolfgang used the smog vacuum on another dumpster dive couch and swapped it out for the scratched one that was currently in the living room. It was still a temporary couch, but at least no-one would get an angry mood from sitting on it.

couch-fix-rev.png

He also got a call from his Mom who had sent a gift in the mail for Ken. She was still looking for another gift for Ren. [Note: This notice came right after they aged up, so the name hadn't been changed as yet.]
    mila-sends-a-gift-to-her-grandson-ken.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

After Sakura had finished the portraits, she changed out of her clothing, as she had gotten some paint splashes on them. She had promised Wolfgang that she would teach him to knit. So while the twins were down for their morning nap, she took some time to teach him. Sakura was a very patient teacher, even when Wolfgang dropped a whole row. Sakura knew that knitting was not really Wolfgang's strength, but she knew he was trying his best.

eaching-wolfgang-to-knit.png

While he knitted, Sakura talked to him about his job and she thought it sounded fascinating. She was happy in her Painter career, and was hoping that tomorrow she would get her final promotion, but she really wanted to try something different. Sakura really wanted to make a difference in Port Promise, but wasn't as "technically-oriented" as Wolfgang was. Wolfgang told her that there was a trainee program at his company starting as a draftsperson and working your way up to the Civic Planner branch.

i-dropped-a-stich.png

Wolfgang: "Sakura...you are very creative and sims like you. You would have a real impact on some of the NAPs that could be enacted in Port Promise. You would be interviewing a lot of sims and getting their opinion for improvements they want to see made. I think you would be good at it. Plus, the benefit is the same as mine, and you can occasionally work from home. You should think about it..." he said holding up his knitting smiling at her.

what-do-yu-think-sakura.png

Sakura smiled back at him, "Well, I will think about it...Blossom had also mentioned about the possibility of being a Freelance Maker...so I am still thinking about that one..."

Wolfgang's hard work had paid off and he had knit his first bear beanie. And Sakura completes the Lady of the Knits Aspiration! Congratulations Sakura! And great job to Wolfgang for learning to knit.

you-are-doing-great-dear.png

sat-done-lady-of-the-knits.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

FLahcards-with-ken-sat.png

After lunch, Sakura taught Ken some shapes using the flashcards. He was a very bright little boy.

ren-playing-with-the-little-bear.png

Ren was happily playing in his room with the little knitted bear that Sakura had made.

After completing his daily work tasks, Wolfgang tended to some chores around the house. His meat wall was ready and he harvested it, which gave him little cubes of meat. He could hardly wait for Sakura to try one of these in a recipe.

meatwall-ready-to-harvest-sun.png

Later in the afternoon, Wolfgang decided to head off dumpster diving.

sat-off-dumpster-diving.png

And he decided to try his luck again at the Community Space.

this-townie-looks-like-DUMPSTER-DIVER.png

In his rounds, Wolfgang met a few interesting sims. [Note: I just liked the look of this townie who wandered by with those sunglasses on, the torn jeans and wrap-around plaid shirt, and the suit jacket. Oh and let's not forget the boots. I am calling this look "Dumpster Grunge Chic". Maybe if Wolfgang wore this, it would become a trend.]

Unbeknownst to either Sakura or Wolfgang, Ren had followed Wolfgang to the Community Space.

He was playing there quite happily making a mess. Luckily, Blossom Greenburg was at the site doing some recycling when she saw him.

Blossom: "Oh look at you! What a creative little one you are...but where is your Mama? Where is your Papa? What are you doing here all by yourself?" she said as she gave Ren a hug.

Wolfgang had heard some voices coming from the Community Space and went to investigate. And there was his son, Ren, being hugged by an older sim. What the heck was Ren doing here? Had he escaped the house somehow again?

KEN-HAD-FOLLOWED-WOLF-TO-THE-COMMUNITY-CENTER.png

Wolfgang went up to the sim, "Hi, I'm Wolfgang Munch...I....I...have no idea how my son got here. He must have followed me....he got out of the house in the middle of the night last night...and we found him this morning outside. I think we might have to move...I can't let anything happen to him. Oh gosh! Thank you for taking care of him..."

Blossom: "Oh, he is a wanderer is it? He just wants to explore the world. That happened with Adelyn a few times, too. We even sleep in the same room with her and she got out. It's fine...these things happen. And I can tell you care very much for your son."

OH-ITS-NOT-A-PROBKEM-UI-HAVE-A-LITTLE-ONE-MYSELF.png

Wolfgang hugged Ren so tight. Oh gosh...he had to do something about Ren's escaping all the time. Something could have happened to him.

Blossom: "You might try just locking the door when they are asleep, or just putting up a baby gate so they won't get out. I really don't think that moving from Port Promise is necessary. I was talking to your wife on Friday...Sakura...and it's so nice to have you as neighbors...and it will be so nice to have Adelyn have some play friends. Just a few minor adjustments on your lot will work. If you want, my son Knox can come over and help out if you like."

Wolfgang was feeling relieved: "Oh thank you. We just...we just didn't know what to do...we care about the safety of our children..."

GOOD-NIGHT-THEN-IT-WAS-NICE-MEETING-YOU.png

Blossom: "Of course...and you're new parents, too, so everything is quite alarming. You should be proud of Ren...he is going to be quite an explorer when he grows up. He just needs to explore a little less right now...don't you agree?"

Wolfgang smiled, "Yes...oh yes, a little explorer. And sure...if Knox isn't busy...if he could come over tomorrow and help with some fencing, I would really appreciate it."

Blossom: "Of course. That's what neighbors are for! Well, I have to go. It was nice meeting you...and Ren. Please come by anytime. I can show you and Sakura some marvelous things you can make with your dumpster finds. Beautiful things...that's why I'm a Maker...Bye now..."

BLOSSOM-GAVE-HIM-A-DESIGN.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

When Wolfgang got home with Ren, Sakura started crying the minute they walked in the door.

sakura-crying-when-ren-comes-home.png

Sakura: "Oh gosh...Ren...he's alright...." she sobbed, "I was giving Ken a bath and I thought I heard the door open...and I couldn't leave Ken alone in the tub, and when we were done...Ren...was....he was...." she cried harder, "GONE!"

SAKURA-CRYING-ON-ARRIVAL.png

Wolfgang went up to Sakura and held her in his arms, "Oh Sakura, it's fine. Shhh....it's alright. He somehow followed me to the Community Space and Blossom Greenburg found him."

Sakura: "He followed you?" she asked wiping her eyes and hugging Ren tightly.

hugging-lovingly-ren.png

Wolfgang: "Yeah, apparently he likes to explore. And Blossom said the same thing happened with Adelyn. We just have to lock the door so he doesn't get out."

Sakura: "It's all my fault. I should have been watching him. I should have kept him in the bathroom with me while I was with Ken...." she said starting to cry again.

Wolfgang: "Sakura, it wasn't your fault. He's just a really smart little boy and knows how to open doors already. We just have to remember to lock them. And, Knox is going to come over tomorrow and help me put up a fence. Ren likes to explore, so we'll just give him a little confined space to explore in. That's all. Everything will be alright."

Sakura and Wolfgang hugged each other and realized there was still a lot to learn about being parents.

hugging-they-still-have-a-lot-to-learn.png

Whatever plans they were going to do tonight, they scrapped and felt it was better to spend some time with Ren & Ken. Wolfgang said he would try to rig up something temporarily on the main door to prevent Ren from opening it and he thought it would be a good idea if one of them slept downstairs tonight.

Sakura: "I will, Wolfgang. If I don't stay down here, I won't get any sleep upstairs anyway."

Wolfgang nodded and understood. If Ren had escaped while he was here, Wolfgang would have felt the same way.

dont-worry-sakura-i-still-love-you.png

Wolfgang held Sakura's hands in his, "Sakura, please don't blame yourself for what happened. It could have happened while I was here, too. But now we're going to fix the problem so it won't happen again. Okay?"

Sakura nodded and smiled at Wolfgang, "Okay," she answered.

Sakura then looked down at Ren, "And you, my little wanderer, you look like you could use a bath..." she said as she picked Ren up and headed to the bathroom.

giving-ren-a-bath-sakura.png

Wolfgang looked at Ken then and thought of last night and Ken's wandering into the bathroom. He bent down and hugged Ken, "Maybe they are both wanderers...maybe that is just what toddlers do..." he thought and brought Ken out to give him some dinner.

Ken decided that he wanted to eat his peas in the bathroom tonight.

on-the-bathroom-floor-right-after-playing-in-teh-toilet-ken-eats-peas.png

And, after having a nice bath, a full tummy and being read a bedtime story, Ren and Ken both fell sound asleep.

sakura-reading-to-slee-ren.png

Wolfgang and Sakura stood in the living room and Wolfgang gave Sakura a kiss goodnight and showed her how to latch the temporary safety latch he had placed on the door. He exited the door and Sakura latched it. Wolfgang then climbed the ladder to the bedroom.

giving-sakura-a-kiss-on-the-cheek.png

Alone in the room, Sakura went over and sat down on the rocker and started reading a parenting book, flipping through until she found the section on Toddlers.

reading-parenting-book.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

It's been awhile since I played toddlers in The Sims 4 and forgot how crafty they were at escaping. And since I now choose for Wolfgang and Sakura to travel to the Community Space so they can access all 3 dumpsters, suddenly I saw little Ren show up there. He had indeed followed Wolfgang. Not sure how, but he had, and so...that's how this chapter came to be. The cover shot...yeah...well, poor little Ren had an epic fail and conked out on the ground.
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • Options
    @Skeilah - Oh, I am so sorry to hear that you have decided to leave the "One Month Challenge". I do understand, however, because I am constantly behind in my story. And yes, there are some things that I would like to do at my own pace, but I've stuck with it this far, so will try to do so until the end. I look forward to reading more about Bryon's adventures, because I really enjoyed your story. When you do post an up-date, please link it here. All the best, and good luck again in your job interviews. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top