Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

please irish language in sims series

ea please add irish language ?

Comments

• Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Don’t the Irish speak English, or are you wanting Gaeilge, Ullans, and Gaeltacht added?
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    And English, French, Scottish, Cree, Dutch, Asian, German, etc, etc...
    SERVERFRA wrote: »

I’m aware that Irish people can be multilingual. I was asking what specifically Irish language the OP was asking to have included.
  • hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    There isn't an Irish language...
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
    hymnhehim wrote: »

The three I mentioned in my first post Gaeilge, Ullans, and Gaeltacht are old Irish languages though now English is the most predominant.
  • BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    Gothangel wrote: »
    ea please add irish language ?

The fact that there are no human languages in the sims, never have been, and most likely never will be, is a design choice, based off: 1. Not wanting to offend anyone. 2. The astronomical cost of hiring voice actors in every language. 3. If you had to listen to your sims say "Hi" over and over and over (because, yes there is no way they could record every single phrase, and most of it would have to be constantly repeated) I would get very annoyed, very fast.

Wanting an Irish world, I understand, but asking for a specific language, in a game designed to have no real world languages, is a bit to much.
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • GothangelGothangel Posts: 128 Member
    NOT in game but player language
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    Yeah, I’m not assuming that @Gothangel means they want Irish to be spoken in The Sims! I’m guessing they mean in-game text. So instead of “happy”, you get “glücklich” in German, or “heureux” in French.
    The list of languages you can play the game in is here: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/faq-base-game-changing-languages

The three I mentioned in my first post Gaeilge, Ullans, and Gaeltacht are old Irish languages though now English is the most predominant.

Yeah, I know. I meant that "Irish" isn't a language.
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,426 Member

But it is.
    9d1z2m12k175.png
    MMX wrote: »

But it is.

It may be, but I meant that there isn't a language called Irish, and OP wasn't being very specific on the language they meant.
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,426 Member

But it is.

It may be, but I meant that there isn't a language called Irish, and OP wasn't being very specific on the language they meant.
    Have you tried looking it up?
    9d1z2m12k175.png

But it is.

Have you tried looking it up?

Yes, I looked it up. It says the "Irish" language is called Gaelige.

Ah, okay you got me there. 👍🏻
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »

What is "Asian" language. Are you referring to languages from the continent of Asia? The phrasing of your sentence is weird.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    They have Bilingual road signs in the Republic of Ireland

0615_irish-signs-1000x679.jpg
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2021
    I wish Maxis would add accents. I want things to stay Simlish, but I would love some accents. The Sims had some accents. Maybe that is stereotyping people but we all have an accent and dialect and inflictions in our speech that would make a character a lot more interesting to listen to them speak rather than turn off the sound in these games as so many do. And it's a shame Maxis spends a lot on music when so many turn it off and listen to their own or not listening at all.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member

Thanks @king_of_simcity7 I got strictly told off by a friend in Scotland for calling the Scottish "Gaelic" as the Irish said it. I think adding accents to the game would add a lot of more toxic threads than anything else! My sister in law had a Belfast accent and that too is very different from the Southern Irish one.

If you want someone to persuade you into something you aren't quite sure about a man with the gentle Southern Irish accent can persuade you as I found out when complaining about my phone service last week. I ended up with a new mobile phone and a new tariff! B)
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member

But it is.

Actually, though, there is. When I was overseas, the Scots called it 'GAL-ic'. The Irish called it "Irish" - when speaking to me in English, of course. That's it's name. Like we call the language of France "French" and the language of Germany "German", not Français or Deutsche.
    Sindocat wrote: »

But it is.

Actually, though, there is. When I was overseas, the Scots called it 'GAL-ic'. The Irish called it "Irish" - when speaking to me in English, of course. That's it's name. Like we call the language of France "French" and the language of Germany "German", not Français or Deutsche.

Okay, I see! Thank you for explaining :)
  • ImjastImjast Posts: 3 New Member
    That would be a great idea! I doubt it will happen any time soon however, seeing as it's not a very 'popular' language, as in not a lot of people would absolutely need to have it to understand the game as most people who speak Irish also have another language. It would still be a nice gesture from EA :)
    Irish is a language by the way, the name of the language in English is 'Irish' and the name in Irish is 'Gaeilge'. It is different from Scottish Gaelic (but from the same linguistic family). It is one of the official languages of Ireland and one of the working languages of the European Union.