Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gallery after TS4 era

So if The Sims 4 ends, Can the TS4 Gallery be retained or not?

Gallery after TS4 era 37 votes

Yes
91%
LeGardePourprewindweaveralan650111Isb917haneulfriendlysimmersCinebarKennziKaigee1990rmatheus_mar_1999FelicityelelunicyBabykittyjadeGrandRailwormofthebookbixtersSindocatRenato10OldeseadoggeLSM36 34 votes
No
0%
Undecided
8%
SimburianLady_Ballorahymnhehim 3 votes

Comments

• arcHannaharcHannah Posts: 23 Member
    Yes
    Do you mean SHOULD the gallery still exist, or CAN the gallery still exist? I'd love to see it be something that exists in the future, but I'm aware that the costs of maintaining the servers indefinitely is probably something with diminishing returns on investment. There's a reason that the likes of Nintendo have shut off online multiplayer functionality on DS/Wii consoles eventually - when a company isn't profiting from an activity, they cannot do it forever.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Yes
    Sims 3 exchange is still open (along with the store). I don't see why they couldn't do the same for the Sims 4.
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    Yes
    Yes the gallery needs to stay open because The Sims 4 will still be there for generations to come.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I believe it is up to EA/Maxis for if they can decide to discontinue online services for Sims 4 as well as Sims 3 and reclaim server space.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,124 Member
    Yes
    I think it should.
    Yes
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    I believe it is up to EA/Maxis for if they can decide to discontinue online services for Sims 4 as well as Sims 3 and reclaim server space.

I'm sure they will listen to us this time, My friend.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Yes
    Yes, if somehow it helps EA generate some money. If it's just there and doesn't get people to buy packs and or content from Origin then no, servers are expensive. I think EA will look at if it is helping get more money or not. As I stated on another thread TS2's exchange ended because they had stopped selling TS2 and the exchange wasn't really generating new interest and profit for EA if they no longer sell the game.

TS3's exchange is profitable by generating new interest in TS3 and it's packs, because they are still selling TS3. It only makes sense to keep the gallery if they keep selling TS4 for seven more years after it ends like they have TS3..which helps pay for that exchange server.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    Undecided
    Cinebar wrote: »
    TS2's exchange ended because they had stopped selling TS2 and the exchange wasn't really generating new interest and profit for EA if they no longer sell the game.

This!! I hope it will stay, but it can't stay forever!
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    Yes
    I consider the gallery to be part of the game. It should stay available after the sims 4 ends. At the very least it should stay as long as the sims 4 is supported.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Undecided
    There might be a time limit but I hope it doesn't end until at least 10 years have passed since the game officially doesn't get patched or packs come out for it.

Could it be kept in The Cloud somewhere? I've got no idea how it works myself.
  • hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    Undecided
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I consider the gallery to be part of the game. It should stay available after the sims 4 ends. At the very least it should stay as long as the sims 4 is supported.

This is well put! I also love the gallery, I have some good friends on there I enjoy talking to and sharing sims with.
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
    Yes
    Atreya33 wrote: »

They should continue supporting TS4.
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    Yes
    I think it should but in the future the gallery has to be better!
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Yes
    The Sims 3 players' "Studio" content is still available, so I cannot see why it wouldn't be.
  • wormofthebookwormofthebook Posts: 176 Member
    Yes
    The gallery should stay up for at least a couple of years. How long though is anyone’s guess since it depends how long EA wants to maintain those servers.
    ldauop39735.png
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Yes
    I think that as long as people are still creating content and posting it on the gallery for other players, EA will keep it available, because a lot of those creators use content from a lot (if not all) of packs and this could encourage downloaders to invest in those packs they don't have so their sim or lot looks like the creators pic.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
    edited July 2021
    Yes
    Sims 3 Exchange is still online 7 years later.

Sims 2 Exchange is down since thesims2.ea.com have been closed in 2013 before TS4 was announced.