Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I need crazy mod ideas.

2...Next

Comments

• TerezaSims85TerezaSims85 Posts: 114 Member
    > @knitsybitsy said:
    > One mod I would like to see is for pets. I would like to see more natural things, like things to climb around in or on. Cat trees could be modded into stacks of rocks with little crevices and moss growing on it. Cats could sleep in it or play in it, but it looks like part of the surroundings. Anything that looks natural that a sim or pet could use is really cool to me right now.
    >
    >

This is what I need too!
  • DrDrengusDrDrengus Posts: 11 New Member
    > @jerrycnh said:
    > spacejason3d wrote: »
    >
    > This is a gameplay mod idea that I just posted on another forum. It has to do with how objects and activities are all just as fun to every sim. And things like computers and tvs and woodworking tables are so 'fun' that everyone gravitates directly to them in a really artificial way...
    >
    > The app would make the fun rating of objects NOT increase the likelihood of a sim doing something until they've already done it at least once. So to start with they'd be naive and everything would be just as fun. And the more you make your sim do something the more fun they get out of it. It'd be like they formed habits, and could be very different from sim to sim. It could be capped, so that the most fun something could be would be like the TV is now - that way it wouldn't break the gameplay, just give sims some variety.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > If variety is what you're looking for, wouldn't we want to set some kind of diminishing returns on fun with the same thing so eventually the sim gets bored with it, and perhaps a boost for things they haven't done in awhile?

I like that idea. Maybe there is like a 25% chance that the sim becomes a true enthusiast of whatever the thing is. Otherwise they slowly get bored of it?
  • anotherOSdevanotherOSdev Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello, guys.
    As a new member I can't create a topic, so write my idea here.

I play Sims 4 on Linux now.
    And can't create mods, maybe I find out how to use python injector for sims 4, cause it must work here.

Sims 4 is my main stress killer between work, but I don't like a lifespan of default game, and need longer that mods here provide.
    Is it possible to create a script mod, where I can change lifespans with my own numbers?
    I mean, not a solid package one, but a dynamic one, with a config file.

It seems to be a little crazy. But I want to play very long, "realistic" life for sims.
    First, let us get real life values, correct me if I'm wrong:
    Baby - 1 year
    Toddler - 1-4 years (3 years)
    Child - 4-11 years (7 years)
    Teen - 11-20 years (9 years)
    Young Adult - 20-40 years (20 years)
    Adult - 40-60 years (20 years)
    Elder - from 60-75 years (15 years) to 60-90 years (30 years)

Seasons can have 28 days, which is kinda okay for me.
    So, one year is 28 days * 4 seasons = 112 days is one year of sim
    And lifespans I need:
    Baby - 1 year = 112 days
    Toddler - 3 years * 112 days = 336 days
    Child - 7 years * 112 days = 784 days
    Teen - 9 years * 112 days = 1008 days
    Young Adult - 20 years * 112 days = 2240 days
    Adult - 20 years * 112 days = 2240 days
    Elder - 15 years to 30 years * 112 days = from 1680 to 3360 days

Pretty accurate, I think.
    Yeah, big values, but even if Sims 4 use a short integer to store it, it must be enough. (2^16/2 = 32768 >> 3360)
  • libbyelibbye Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello fellow Simmers! I have a suggestion for the game. There has already been some awesome expansion packs, mods and updates but I had an idea to make the game even more realistic. Just like in our real world, how about a mod that allows for an over dub of Simlish to whatever actual language the player would like to hear. The mod can create an option for the sim to learn a new language and give options for up to at least three languages based on the three choices the player downloads from the mod. Once the sim learns the language either from an online class, school or college they can then speak it to whomever they converse with. Tell me what you think of this idea. Maybe EA might put it in The Sims 5 if no one creates the mod. Thanks guys!!
  • kiriviankirivian Posts: 1,074 Member
    Not sure if one exists but I would love a mod that lets you manage inventory better. Like being able to stack certain things that don't normally stack (such as fossils and Jungle artifacts that are identical), and/or a way to split large stacks of items that do stack (like separating a stack of 100 veggies into two stacks of 50 or 4 stacks of 25), and separating objects like vegetables, flowers, fruits etc that do have different values (nice, good, perfect etc) into separate stacks by their values. I know you can select multiple items now in the game but you can't take the selected items and move them to someplace else - you can only sell them... so it's kind of frustrating to try and put normal quality stuff aside for fertilizer and trashing for bits and pieces and keeping the perfect stuff for cooking. Anyway, loving this topic.. thank you.
    "You ask me if there'll come a time when I grow tired of you...Never, my love..." -The Association (1967)
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    A mod to give the option to turn off the annoying phone or lessen the phone calls. I mean acquaintances and friends would call and ask me to do stuff all the time. Friends might be allowed to do it, but not nearly as often as the game lets them. My sim would have one friend, and they constantly call to do stuff.