Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plants are still reverting. :(

Comments

• Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    The cheap plants are outside in the dirt. More expensive stuff like Dragon Fruit and Orchids are in a greenhouse in planters. The issue is hitting the outside and the greenhouse. Plants are not safe indoors.
  • randy2355randy2355 Posts: 157 Member
    The cheap plants are outside in the dirt. More expensive stuff like Dragon Fruit and Orchids are in a greenhouse in planters. The issue is hitting the outside and the greenhouse. Plants are not safe indoors.

Yikes, that is a problem...and with CL being heavy new gardening, they really need to fix it pronto. I didnt realize that my workaround wasnt working for everyone.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,554 Member
    AMHB1974 wrote: »
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I know that most people here don't use mods, but if anyone wants to do some testing I'd be glad if you could try and see if my slowerecofootprintmod solves the issue for those who have it.
    https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/nachhaltig-leben-eco-lifestyle/ (you only need to install the mainfile)

It was originally designed for other issues that come with Eco Living but if it should work for this issue, I could give some insight to where the problem lies at AnswerHQ (I've done that with other bugs on the laundry list in the past).

I have your mod currently installed and the plants still are reverting back to a dirt pile even those that are sheltered. It's not the same plants or trees every time and it usually happens when the sims wake up in the morning and sometimes just randomly or if I leave my game paused for an extended amount of time. I really hope that this is truly fixed by the time cottage living comes out.

Thanks for telling me.

I still haven't experienced any of it in my save, so without having any bugged save to be able to test it, I'm giving up on trying to fix it.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    edited July 2021
    I will have to test this. How long a time period in game? All four seasons? Once of the 4 season cycle? Or more?
    A four season cycle is REALLY long in my game, something like 365 days. :#
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    I don't have this problem and also don't have Seasons. It makes me wonder if it's a Seasons issue.
  • KiTh_97KiTh_97 Posts: 41 Member
    Good thing I don't have Eco Living 😁
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    There's a thread discussing this, maybe there are some tips you could try

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/991364/plants-are-still-reverting#latest
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 845 Member
    KiTh_97 wrote: »
    Good thing I don't have Eco Living 😁

I don't have Eco Living either, and I've had this problem for ages. It came with the patch, not the pack, sadly.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
    I'm still looking for someone willing to send me their save file in order to be able to get some insight on what causes this bug (I don't have it happening in my game). Please PM me if you're interested.

I have Seasons as well es Eco Living and still don't have any plants reverting to dirt.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    I did have this problem and it was (is?) a known bug. The last update listed it as fixed in the patch notes, and it seems fixed in my game. I haven't seen them revert again since they grew back after the update. Maybe yours just need some time?
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • AMHB1974AMHB1974 Posts: 23 Member
    AMHB1974 wrote: »
    I know that most people here don't use mods, but if anyone wants to do some testing I'd be glad if you could try and see if my slowerecofootprintmod solves the issue for those who have it.
    https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/nachhaltig-leben-eco-lifestyle/ (you only need to install the mainfile)

It was originally designed for other issues that come with Eco Living but if it should work for this issue, I could give some insight to where the problem lies at AnswerHQ (I've done that with other bugs on the laundry list in the past).

I have your mod currently installed and the plants still are reverting back to a dirt pile even those that are sheltered. It's not the same plants or trees every time and it usually happens when the sims wake up in the morning and sometimes just randomly or if I leave my game paused for an extended amount of time. I really hope that this is truly fixed by the time cottage living comes out.

Thanks for telling me.

I still haven't experienced any of it in my save, so without having any bugged save to be able to test it, I'm giving up on trying to fix it.

I can send you mine, but it's fully modded with a full garden that I sheltered for testing and some I put in the eco planter. I will however Pm you with more details.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited July 2021
    randy2355 wrote: »
    Are your garden plants in pots, or are they planted directly in the ground? I only ask because I usually put my garden plants in pots in a greenhouse, and this does not happen to me. However, if I plant them in the ground, even in a greenhouse, this dirt pile thing happens to me also. CL gardening is going to be in plots, much like the garden planters, so I'm hoping that this bug wont be as game breaking as it could be. That being said, you are absolutely right....EA needs to fix this problem once and for all. We shouldn't have to be required to find work arounds. I would rather just plant them in the ground, but its too rage inducing to see your slow growing dragonfruit plant reverse into the ground just after it finally got to full height.

I had 8 dragon fruit in boxes in the greenhouse when they turned to dirt piles…… this was some months ago, I haven’t played that household in awhile because of the bug. But I have many families I play in the save.

Just a couple of days ago I was trying to prepare an adult couple for CoL, and they also have a greenhouse. I fertilized one of their tree’s and it was fine. Then I took them off dumpster diving, and had her plant a few seeds at an art and garden center I have, came back home, and she fertilized a pomegranate tree and cherry tree with dog poop (they have a hunting dog..…..and it wasn’t but awhile later I look at the garden…..and the cherry tree and pomegranate tree had turned to a pile of dirt. Now I’m wondering if fertilizing the plants could be causing it, because they were the only two that reverted. It was not the change of seasons because I was 4 days away from winter. I have all packs, but have never used mods or CC in the sims 4. Some said they thought it had to do with being a high level gardener. I do know this last gardener was a level 9, and the one with the dragon fruits was level 10. Someone else mentioned it happened in the early morning. When mine happened the last time it was sometime after midnight and before 9 am…. But not sure exactly what time it was.

I am wondering if anyone else fertilized their plants just before them reverting. It sounds like it could be a combination of things.
    edited July 2021
    If I knew how to use mods, I'd install a mod for Stardew Valley's skull cave and get an elevator.

I've tried to understand how to use mods but to me it reads like techno mumble jumble and doesn't compute.

That’s me. If it weren’t for origin and and my computer automatically down loading the games into my computer after buying them, I wouldn’t be playing the sims 4. This old dog is just too old to learn new tricks.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    This thread is interesting with many insights. Haven't read the whole thread but in my opinion, it's not just one issue going on here. I'm beginning to think that it's more like a symptom issue that has different causes (footprint could be one). I think they did fix two issues so far but there's more.

It's totally unclear what it is. I've tested several saves now from users (backups from before it reverted as well) and couldn't get them to revert myself and when the user tested again, it didn't happen again to them either what makes it more curious. Like it's a certain step your not doing the second time.

It also doesn't seem a certain pack cause there's reports at AHQ for owning all packs to just a few.

As bienchen pointed out, out-of-seasons reverts isn't a bug (if not sheltered) but I think most people are aware of that.

Please make sure you click me too on the current thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Plants-reverting-to-dirt-pile-after-fertilizing-Patch-1-76/td-p/10475991/ and add your info (please answer the questions in the second post).

I also believe the cow plant has it's own issue. It's different as it acts as if it's still full grown and just looks like a dirt pile. I did have that in my own game. QA needs saves for that: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Cow-Plant-Resets-to-previous-growing-stage/m-p/9782272#M165803
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

I also think there is more than one cause for these issues. Fertilizing with dog poop seems to be one of the issues. Might be one reason I have not encountered it yet as I'm using a mod to tweak fertilizing.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I hope this can be fixed before Cottage Living. I think people will not be happy if the expansion doesn't function properly.
    Another few questions regarding the issue:
    Who of those who still have the reverting plants issues do use the great soil lot trait (either the regular one or the on that came with tiny living)?
    And do you fertilize your plants, let them depend on bee swarms or none of both?
  • randy2355randy2355 Posts: 157 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    randy2355 wrote: »
    Are your garden plants in pots, or are they planted directly in the ground? I only ask because I usually put my garden plants in pots in a greenhouse, and this does not happen to me. However, if I plant them in the ground, even in a greenhouse, this dirt pile thing happens to me also. CL gardening is going to be in plots, much like the garden planters, so I'm hoping that this bug wont be as game breaking as it could be. That being said, you are absolutely right....EA needs to fix this problem once and for all. We shouldn't have to be required to find work arounds. I would rather just plant them in the ground, but its too rage inducing to see your slow growing dragonfruit plant reverse into the ground just after it finally got to full height.

I had 8 dragon fruit in boxes in the greenhouse when they turned to dirt piles…… this was some months ago, I haven’t played that household in awhile because of the bug. But I have many families I play in the save.

Just a couple of days ago I was trying to prepare an adult couple for CoL, and they also have a greenhouse. I fertilized one of their tree’s and it was fine. Then I took them off dumpster diving, and had her plant a few seeds at an art and garden center I have, came back home, and she fertilized a pomegranate tree and cherry tree with dog poop (they have a hunting dog..…..and it wasn’t but awhile later I look at the garden…..and the cherry tree and pomegranate tree had turned to a pile of dirt. Now I’m wondering if fertilizing the plants could be causing it, because they were the only two that reverted. It was not the change of seasons because I was 4 days away from winter. I have all packs, but have never used mods or CC in the sims 4. Some said they thought it had to do with being a high level gardener. I do know this last gardener was a level 9, and the one with the dragon fruits was level 10. Someone else mentioned it happened in the early morning. When mine happened the last time it was sometime after midnight and before 9 am…. But not sure exactly what time it was.

I am wondering if anyone else fertilized their plants just before them reverting. It sounds like it could be a combination of things.

Thats an interesting point...Now that I downloaded a mod to get rid of the multi-layered sunrays that were burning my eyes out, I just let the world go green...no need for fertilizer, the plants progress and improve without it...maybe that is why my "workaround" seemed to work for me, when there was anouther reason for the change!?!
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Many thanks to @crinrict and @83bienchen for their expert input on this bug. I have a week left to find a solution or mod before CL is released, and I really want everything that is in this new pack so I'd better get busy. Both of you are tireless in your efforts to make sure all of us have the best gaming experience possible, and we appreciate everything you do. <3
  • LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    I recently watched a Dr Gluon Live Play for the new pack. His Sim was watering the plants and a few of them reverted back to dirt. The gamechangers only have access to Base game and Cottage Living, so it may possibly be something with Base game. The plants in my game periodically revert to dirt, frustrating but not game changing. There doesn't seem to be a specific reason for this.
    I went back into my game and played my last gardening family, I went back to a save I had before I lost my pomegranate tree and cherry tree ( I left the game without saving last night). I did not re-fertilize as I lost them after I fertilized them the last time. I bathed the dog and went to harvest all of my plants. Every thing was fine for a few hours, at 5 am they grew a little fruit again. About 7 am or so I thought all must be well, so I decided to go into plan outfits for my gardener and her husband ( he had gone to work at 5 ). I was in plan outfits for awhile. I came out of plan outfits, looked at my green house and all of my tree’s reverted to sand piles of dirt in their pots about ( 9 or 10 tree’s) except the grow fruit I had just plated the day before when I played I’m assuming it was going into plan outfits that must have done it. I exited without saving….. not sure if my tree’s will be there when I go back in because I think plan outfits might automatically save. I shall see tomorrow if I get in the game. It is frustrating, as I keep them watered, weeded etc. and things have always been fine till I lost dragon fruits with another household some time ago ( it’s been months and months since I played that household waiting for a fix ). I noticed I also must have lost two counters to the sharing is caring NAP too…… I have got to repeal that. No more going into plan outfits for me. I will be changing the in manage households next time. I sure wish they would fix gardening.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    The only plants that have never reverted in my game belong to Jordan Knight, who lives in the largest premade house in Brindleton Bay. The house has a ready-made area for plants (indoors).

But having plants indoors so they won't revert is useless for Cottage Living.
    Also indoor plants are not save from reverting to dirth piles. I mean I actually find it quite realistic that gardening results can be a nuisance sometimes but I understand that this is not fun for people relying on their gardening as a legitimate source of income.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    @83bienchen Do you know of any way (modwise or other) to check the current evolution state of a plant ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial