Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living Facts Thread

Comments

• simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited July 2021

Thanks so much for sharing this informative picture since I don't have Twitter myself and would've missed it. The mystery of the layered red dish is solved: it's eggplant/ aubergine parmesan. It looks great and will be very nice for my vegetarian sims to have; I only wish vegetarian sims could make dishes like that as Grand Meals instead of that unappetizing-looking Tofuturkey all the time. Now to solve the mystery of why Maxis didn't include cherries, lemons, pears, plantains and pomegranates as preserves...
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Considering that llama wool will work with knitting pack (removing the cost), I'd expect that cricket flour from Eco Living may work as a replacement for grocery store flour for cooking.
    Now to solve the mystery of why Maxis didn't include cherries, lemons, pears, plantains and pomegranates as preserves...
    As someone from a Slavic country, I can say that there's no grandma ever that hasn't, at some point in her life, made a cherry kompot.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Considering that llama wool will work with knitting pack (removing the cost), I'd expect that cricket flour from Eco Living may work as a replacement for grocery store flour for cooking.
    Now to solve the mystery of why Maxis didn't include cherries, lemons, pears, plantains and pomegranates as preserves...
    As someone from a Slavic country, I can say that there's no grandma ever that hasn't, at some point in her life, made a cherry kompot.

And cherry sponge cake. :smiley:
    crocobaura wrote: »

And cherry sponge cake. :smiley:

In my house growing up, we often had canned cherries in bowls, cherry jelly (made from cherry juice), cherry jam (made from sieved and strained cherries), cherry pie, cherry kuchen, cherry tarts, cherry turnovers etc, etc -- all made from my mother's delicious canned cherries. She canned both the black and the yellow varieties too, which each had a different taste (the black very sweet and the yellow more tart, but still somewhat sweet). So for nostalgic reasons I am a bit sorry that there seem to be no cherry preserves in Cottage Living.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

Wonder if we can order delivery when we are on vacation. Currently the pizza guys don't deliver and it would make sense to order take out and not cook while on vacation.
    The town would be a good place to build a restaurant, if you have dine out.
    PurpleM00n wrote: »
    Did they talk about possible interactions with the Cats & Dogs pack?
    Like if we have a dog can they scare away the wild foxes? Can they interact with the farm animals?

I hope dogs and cats can interact with the other animals, the man and wife who I will be sending to Henford have a hunting dog!

Thanks so much for sharing this informative picture since I don't have Twitter myself and would've missed it. The mystery of the layered red dish is solved: it's eggplant/ aubergine parmesan. It looks great and will be very nice for my vegetarian sims to have; I only wish vegetarian sims could make dishes like that as Grand Meals instead of that unappetizing-looking Tofuturkey all the time. Now to solve the mystery of why Maxis didn't include cherries, lemons, pears, plantains and pomegranates as preserves...

My mom made the best pomegranate jelly!
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    It's been speculated earlier in this thread whether we can have rentals in the new world or not. Was there a definite answer if animal sheds and coops can be place on rental lots or even venues?
    I don't want to place a rental lot in the new world, but I want llama sheds in Selvadorada. Also a petting zoo in San Myshuno to show the city kids some farm animals might be adorable. Myshuno Meadows would be ideal for that.
  • arcHannaharcHannah Posts: 23 Member
    > @EnkiSchmidt said:
    > It's been speculated earlier in this thread whether we can have rentals in the new world or not. Was there a definite answer if animal sheds and coops can be place on rental lots or even venues?
    > I don't want to place a rental lot in the new world, but I want llama sheds in Selvadorada. Also a petting zoo in San Myshuno to show the city kids some farm animals might be adorable. Myshuno Meadows would be ideal for that.

The new pack comes with a rental lot in the world in the Bramblewood! https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/The_Bramblewood#13_Nettle_Lane

I don't know if we can place animal sheds on rentals/community lots, but I hope we can. Petting zoos are a cute idea!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited July 2021
    Deleted

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    It was a blink and you'll miss it moment, but in Plumbella's video for today (July 15) there's a separate setting for animal aging.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlUgPG_O_UQ

At 12:11 in the video
  • KiTh_97KiTh_97 Posts: 41 Member
    Wow 17 pages 😲

It would be much easier for us if the OP will just edit the first post to include all confirmed features of the EP 😁 My internet connection is quite weak but I'll try to read all the pages in this thread 😁
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I didn't know that in Britain, that the red traffic light means go & green traffic light means stop.
    Well that explains everything. Now I know where the makers of the Starman movie got their ideas. :D

wait, what? I've lived in Britain all my life and this is news to me :lol:
    giphy.gif
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member

Yuk! In my game it will be lasagna :D
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I didn't know that in Britain, that the red traffic light means go & green traffic light means stop.
    Well that explains everything. Now I know where the makers of the Starman movie got their ideas. :D

wait, what? I've lived in Britain all my life and this is news to me :lol:

Haha, I just assumed it was a joke about bad drivers *shrugs*
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited July 2021
    Deleted
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    In my part of the world, a parmesan is called a Parmo. Ask Plumbella.

Yuk! In my game it will be lasagna :D

What's wrong with aubergine parmesan? If it is done right, it can be delicious. Personally, I wouldn't have thought of that as an especially British dish or as pub fare, though. Perhaps someone can correct me if I am wrong?
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited July 2021
    @simfriend1968

I am not sure technically where aubergine parmesan comes from originally but as a brit living abroad I came across aubergine dishes (possibly with parmesan) when living in Southern Cyprus, Lebanon and other middle eastern countries so I am not sure I would term these dishes as British but as always I could be wrong lol

oh and I fell in love with Aubergine hummus but it takes so long and to be it's best needs to be charred on an open flame which takes ages to clean up but the aubergine hummus style dip is totally worth it lol
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited July 2021
    You know how in Eco Lifestyles there are premade individuals pivotal to gameplay--Knox, Bess and Tina Tinker. I always keep them. Plus, it's nice they actually live in a house in the game. I just will tweak their families to suit my gameplay style.
    Knox appearance is different so I wanted his parents to have his similar features--game genetics did a good job on his parents and little brother.
    Eco-Lifstyle-Premade-Families.jpg

For Cottage Living, having premades live in a residential lot is great. I never play premade Sims or families; but, I'll befriend them or give them someone to date or love.

Does anyone know which premades are vital to the gameplay? I don't want to delete those ones. I know in the livestream they showed the families on the festival board which are vital. Plus, I know if you delete someone an NPC would take their place. I just don't want to delete a premade that is vital who owns a pub, residential lot, or delivers groceries you order.

Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »

Does anyone know which premades are vital to the gameplay? I don't want to delete those ones. I know in the livestream they showed the families on the festival board which are vital. Plus, I know if you delete someone an NPC would take their place. I just don't want to delete a premade that is vital who owns a pub, residential lot, or delivers groceries you order.

There is a community board you can click on and it shows the important npcs
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I wonder why the island festivals were excluded from the calendar. :/
  • mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    There have always been in-game notices for both City Living and Snowy Escape festivals, but never for Island Living's, so I wonder if these notices have made it easier to transport to the calendar?