Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• jentom97jentom97 Posts: 4 New Member
    Hey, new to the forum but not new to the Sims. I've played on desktop, console, and iPhone... I've been playing for years! I wish they would bring back The Sims 2 Castaway game tbh. Anyways and I am currently looking to purchase a pc laptop (I use my MacBook Pro 2020 for everything else currently but I refuse to play the sims on it) to play the game on. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions, I'm not trying to spend over 500 dollars because I am just looking for casual fun, and I would like to travel with my game so a desktop is completely out of the equation for now.

Thank you so much! Happy Simming!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    edited July 2021
    Cave_Punk wrote: »
    Hi all! I've been lurking here for quite some time and has just made an account to ask about something I couldn't found anywhere lol I loved playing The Sims since the 3rd game (I wanted to play the 2nd but my pc back then was not really strong enough for it and I'm too young to buy my own) I'm working as an illustrator and I'm from Southeast Asia.

Hello @Cave_Punk :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to posting on the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been simming since you were a young child. You would lots of special memories of households that you have played over the years.
    It is very nice that you are an illustrator
    Happy simming! :)
    jentom97 wrote: »
    Hey, new to the forum but not new to the Sims. I've played on desktop, console, and iPhone... I've been playing for years! I wish they would bring back The Sims 2 Castaway game tbh. Anyways and I am currently looking to purchase a pc laptop (I use my MacBook Pro 2020 for everything else currently but I refuse to play the sims on it) to play the game on. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions, I'm not trying to spend over 500 dollars because I am just looking for casual fun, and I would like to travel with my game so a desktop is completely out of the equation for now.

Thank you so much! Happy Simming!

Hello @jentom97 :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have played a variety of Sims versions. Each Sims version are fun and enjoyable to play!
    You may be best to start a thread on the AHQ EA site and ask about a new pc laptop there.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
  • ChillGarboChillGarbo Posts: 27 Member
    hi everyone
    i started playing sims3 in the winter of 2015/2016 not quite sure year but that was after I had lost my horse july 2015. after some years with sims3 i started playing sims 4 where enjoy building houses and making families some is uploaded to the gallery and others to simsstore (sims3 families only). The sims are not the only simulator games that I play and spend hours on.
    if there are somthing else you wanna know about me just let me know.
    ChillGarbo wrote: »
    hi everyone
    i started playing sims3 in the winter of 2015/2016 not quite sure year but that was after I had lost my horse july 2015. after some years with sims3 i started playing sims 4 where enjoy building houses and making families some is uploaded to the gallery and others to simsstore (sims3 families only). The sims are not the only simulator games that I play and spend hours on.
    if there are somthing else you wanna know about me just let me know.

Hello @ChillGarbo :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that started simming by playing Sims 3 and are now enjoying playing Sims 4 also.It is very nice that you enjoy creating sims and building homes. Simming is an enjoyable way of expressing our creativity through the game.It is also very nice seeing the sims that we create living in our builds.
  • ChillGarboChillGarbo Posts: 27 Member
    hello rosemow thank you very much for your hello and welcome :)
  • AuntyCaitlinAuntyCaitlin Posts: 18 Member
    Hi everyone! I am Caitlin, have been playing since The Sims original game days! I am a graphic designer and small streamer playing the Sims and other games I enjoy. I love cooking, eating cake, spending time with loved ones, doing creative crafts, and travelling! As a Simmer I enjoy story-based gameplay (particularly for stream), building and CAS (so everything LOL). My favourite version of the Sims has been Sims 3, and I hope they bring back the open-world features to future Sims! :)
    Hi everyone! I am Caitlin, have been playing since The Sims original game days! I am a graphic designer and small streamer playing the Sims and other games I enjoy. I love cooking, eating cake, spending time with loved ones, doing creative crafts, and travelling! As a Simmer I enjoy story-based gameplay (particularly for stream), building and CAS (so everything LOL). My favourite version of the Sims has been Sims 3, and I hope they bring back the open-world features to future Sims! :)

Hello @AuntyCaitlin :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you have been simming since the original Sims 1.You would have enjoyed spending many fun and happy hours over the time, building, creating and playing the game! Simming is enjoyable! It is very nice that you enjoy cooking and eating cake. You would like seeing your sims cooking, and enjoy having them cook cakes in the game.
    Spending times with loved ones is very special <3
  • IzzyIceBellIzzyIceBell Posts: 8 New Member
    Hello, I'm Bell!
    I have been playing the sims 4 for a few years now. When i was younger i played the sims 2 with a friend once and really enjoyed it, later found sims 4 on YouTube and now I'm obsessed :) I enjoy playing with the fantasy aspects of the game and big families (found that out like 3 days ago). And I love cats!
  • Justa_G00fJusta_G00f Posts: 1,075 Member
    Hi everyone!!! :D Hmm, where should I begin.... Well, it all started when I was born with a flipper....... Eh, that's a story for later. The Sims to me is like a tasty yet bad taco. I love playing the taco (game) but all the spices (glitches) make me sick (throw things). My real life Sim traits are Foodie, Goofball, Erratic, Creative, Music Lover, Cat Lover, Clumsy and Snob. (ok, and Paranoid too) I'm am more than happy to accept any gifts of foodstuffs I may be offered here as I always seem to get hungry watching my Sims eat. I'm excited to chat with new people about the Sims as I have little experience in chatrooms. Restrooms are another story. Glad to be here and looking forward to chatting with you all! (and probably confusing most of you) CHEERS!!!
    How your Sims builds show your meds' effectiveness

ntq84Hk.jpg
    By the way, I can be serious but prefer to laugh as much as possible at my own nonsense, for good measure. I'm always up for a few partners in crime so feel free to humor me! :P

ntq84Hk.jpg
    Hello, I'm Bell!
    I have been playing the sims 4 for a few years now. When i was younger i played the sims 2 with a friend once and really enjoyed it, later found sims 4 on YouTube and now I'm obsessed :) I enjoy playing with the fantasy aspects of the game and big families (found that out like 3 days ago). And I love cats!

Hello @IzzyIceBell :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been enjoying playing Sims 4 for a few years. It is great that you enjoy playing big families. It is vdry nice seeing the interactions between siblings and with other generations.
    You would enjoy having cats in your sims families households too, because you love cats! Sim cats are cute!
    Hello @Justa_G00f :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    I hope that you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers on the threads, and posting about what is happening in your game.
  • arcHannaharcHannah Posts: 23 Member
    Hey! I'm Hannah. I've had a forums account for a wee while now, but mostly just lurked, and figured I should probably introduce myself properly. I've been playing since TS2, and have really got into building with TS4, especially recently. At the moment, I'm slowly trying to craft my own save file - not entirely my own builds, as that is far too ambitious for the amount of time and energy I have! - and I'm really enjoying challenging myself to design lot types that I normally shy away from. I've just completed StrangerVille, and am pretty happy with it! I don't know which world to work on next, but I know Newcrest and Windenburg seem a lil too intimidating for the time being. Anyway, I'm happy to be here with all you wonderful simmers and look forward to chatting! :blush:
    edited July 2021
    hannglover wrote: »
    Hey! I'm Hannah. I've had a forums account for a wee while now, but mostly just lurked, and figured I should probably introduce myself properly. I've been playing since TS2, and have really got into building with TS4, especially recently. At the moment, I'm slowly trying to craft my own save file - not entirely my own builds, as that is far too ambitious for the amount of time and energy I have! - and I'm really enjoying challenging myself to design lot types that I normally shy away from. I've just completed StrangerVille, and am pretty happy with it! I don't know which world to work on next, but I know Newcrest and Windenburg seem a lil too intimidating for the time being. Anyway, I'm happy to be here with all you wonderful simmers and look forward to chatting! :blush:

Hello @hannglover :) It is nice to meet you, It is great that you are posting now on the forums. I hope that you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers on the threads :)
    It is great that you have been simming since Sims 2 and are enjoying building in Sims 4. Building is an enjoyable way of expressing out creativity through the game.l I hope your work on your own save file continues to go well.
    Hslpy simming! :)
    Post edited by rosemow on
    Thank you for the welcome, Rosemow and nice to meet you! I play quite a bit so I'll enjoy chatting about it too.

Nice to meet you too, Hannah! Glad you stopped lurking and decided to chat. I'm either quiet or I'll talk your ear off. lol Cheers!

ntq84Hk.jpg
    Justa_G00f wrote: »
    Thank you for the welcome, Rosemow and nice to meet you! I play quite a bit so I'll enjoy chatting about it too.

Nice to meet you too, Hannah! Glad you stopped lurking and decided to chat. I'm either quiet or I'll talk your ear off. lol Cheers!

You’re welcome :)
    bluedanube wrote: »
    I've been actively posting here for the last 13 days. How did I miss this? :D

Hello, everyone. I have been Simming since 2017 so I may not be amongst the veterans here who go way back to the original Sims. 😄 One of the things I do to challenge myself is to quickly learn the ropes of anything that is being thrown at me, albeit sometimes at the ill-advised practice of prioritizing efficiency over accuracy, which may or may not backfire at times. I have a vested interest in Social, Memory and Cognitive aspects of Psychology, diversified musical genres as well as Computer Programming. Some of the photos I'll share of the Sims I created will see them involved in leisure activities based on their assigned certain traits and interests that shadow that of my own. Mandy, as seen on my PFP for example, is a caricature of my idealised self as a programmer. She frequently participates in the Hackathon challenge at the Geekcon Festival that comes with the City Living Expansion Pack, and her alternative means of income streams asides from her day job are earning money from turking and hacking into the LandGraab Systems. 🤭

P.s. I am personally on a self-assigned mission to source for newer members on the forum and giving them 'Likes' and 'Awesome' +1 in order to expedite their process in becoming a full-fledged member.

Sul sul. :)

Hello @bluedanube :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that the sim in your profile picture is a programmer which is a simself of you in your game. You would be enjoying playing her in your game.
    It is nice that you have been simming since 2017. You would have been enjoying spending many enjoyable hours playing the game and seeing how the trains of sims affect how they live their lives.
  • KeeperOfTangentsKeeperOfTangents Posts: 21 New Member
    Hello. I'm KeeperOfTangents, It's nice to meet you all. I have been playing the Sims since the Sims so I am not new the game but as you can see I am very new to the forums.
    Hello. I'm KeeperOfTangents, It's nice to meet you all. I have been playing the Sims since the Sims so I am not new the game but as you can see I am very new to the forums.

Hello @KeeperOfTangents :) It is nice to meet you also, Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been simming since the original Sims 1. You would have enjoyed spending many fun and happy simming hours over the time, playing, creating and building :)
  • BlueberrySunsetBlueberrySunset Posts: 23 Member
    Hi, I’m Sarah! I’m 26 been playing since ts2 with my favorite being ts3. Couldn’t get into my old origin account so I had to start all over.
  • BlueberrySunsetBlueberrySunset Posts: 23 Member
    > @BlueberrySunset said:
    > Hi, I’m Sarah! I’m 26 been playing since ts2 with my favorite being ts3. Couldn’t get into my old origin account so I had to start all over.
    Formerly known as DorkyVampPrincess
    Hi, I’m Sarah! I’m 26 been playing since ts2 with my favorite being ts3. Couldn’t get into my old origin account so I had to start all over.
    > @BlueberrySunset said:
    > Hi, I’m Sarah! I’m 26 been playing since ts2 with my favorite being ts3. Couldn’t get into my old origin account so I had to start all over.
    Formerly known as DorkyVampPrincess

Hello @BlueberrySunset :) I am sorry that you have been having issues logging in with your old account :( Perhaps you could be in touch with EA_Lanna and she may be able to help you.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top