Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited July 2021
    I noticed today that there's a "Warm Up with Body Heat" interaction for when another sim is feeling cold.
    Pretty cute but also kind of funny in this context because would he even have body heat as a vampire?
    xHQHzQK.jpg

• Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    If you upgrade the weather machine you can change the season and not just weather. Want it to be Summer again and have it all year round? Well you can. Though it will cancel any holidays due to the weather change.

Those nifty sleeping pods from GF? Well apparently sims with a mischief of 3 can lock other sims that are currently in the pod. (Sounds like my nightmare) and the other sim will be tense once they're able to get out. At mischeif lvl 5 sims can hack dreams when other sims are in the pod with subliminal dreams. If successful the sim that got hacked will most likely be embarrassed or angry.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    It takes 8 sim hours to make a new wish at the wishing well after making one.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,427 Member
    When children draw on a placemat in a restaurant, you can put the finished drawing in their inventory and hang it on the wall at home.
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    If your Sim greets another Sim on their lot, they'll sometimes walk into your house.

Little Elsa Bjergsen just did this in my game. After my Sim said hello to her while she was playing in the rain, Elsa helped herself to a serving of Pho from my Sim's fridge. Then she made herself at home on the couch and did her homework in front of the fire.

Good thing she's adorable, right? :)
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    Sims can backstab another Sim by the "trash another Sim" interaction.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

A "glitch" that I didn't know about or even think about. I dl'ed a house off the Gallery, they had alot of the paintings shrunk down, which looked good for the "101 Dalmatians Home".

However, apparently those "haunted" changing paintings, the other swatch doesn't change size like the first one.
    Ugcow0u.png

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Sims can buy simrays as gifts.
  • Options
    Not too sure about this one but if you get in a fight with someone and the outcome was 'awful' it will result in a Furious sentiment.

My previous calculation was of sim time was a bit off. A Sim year has a maximum of 112 days if you use the max setting for the seasons (28 x 4 seasons = 112 days)
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Apparently, inactive households don't track personal inventory. Moved a born-in-game Young Adult out of the big family homestead in my Journey to Batuu save to live on his own, and I know I had supplied every child, teen and adult in that family with a lightsaber.

And the family visted! But he couldn't spar anyone, because as unplayed Sims, the game no longer thought they were armed. I suppose it's to prevent "leakage" of Batuu features off-world, but a tad disappointing, nonetheless.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Ooo, love your headless couple portrait @Admiral8Q , very spooky. :D
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    bluedanube wrote: »
    I recently modified one of my Sim's traits and assigned her with the "Neat" trait. In the beginning, nothing. She goes about her business playing video games and programming on her laptop - the usual routine. So I experimented with making her polish the cabinet "to perfection" for the first time and ever since she has been on a Polishing frenzy when left with the autonomy to do things on her own accord. I wonder if the algorithm for this trait was written in such a way that was intended for the Sim to learn the behavior.

Uh oh...I have a Sim with the Neat trait, and I just had her clean a bookshelf... :o
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,427 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Apparently, inactive households don't track personal inventory. Moved a born-in-game Young Adult out of the big family homestead in my Journey to Batuu save to live on his own, and I know I had supplied every child, teen and adult in that family with a lightsaber.

And the family visted! But he couldn't spar anyone, because as unplayed Sims, the game no longer thought they were armed. I suppose it's to prevent "leakage" of Batuu features off-world, but a tad disappointing, nonetheless.

Same with spellcaster wands. I gave wands to all spellcasters in my save but when they show up while I am not playing them, they forget that they have wands and just do hand magic. I even made sure to set them as 'always use wands' but that doesn't help either. :( In this case it doesn't have gameplay repercussions, I can still duel them, but I would have preferred a world were wands were the default for magic users.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    May I suggest trying a 'homeless' household as a kind of transfer point for sims you intend to hold stuff for when moving to another household that you want to be unplayed? The homeless household is meant to be set to played but since these are the same sims, it wont count towards your sim count(wont increase it) and they don't take up a lot obviously. I realized I could use "Not in world" 'homeless' households as a way of keeping sims I want but not having the houses or household space to put them in.
    Post edited by Ersa_Middleton on
  • Options
    JasGabrielleJasGabrielle Posts: 17 Member
    I didn't know anything about the night wraith curse in Realm of Magic, it's ominous. And although it apparently was obvious to everyone else the secret society at University :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    You aren't considered on your lot when standing on the sidewalk until you get to center portion of it(the side walk).

Screenshot for better explanation.
    K2HmgeY.png
    The color squares are where you are considered on your lot.

This might shed some light on why Sims always appear in this area when coming back from school, etc, or when the game decides to place them all out there for some odd 'time for bug' reason.
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member
    Today I discovered the ability to lengthen and shorten columns.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    edited July 2021
    If your sim is in the Education career, they can ask for a donation to the university, but the money ends up in your sim's pocket. My sim has been given $1000 each time (but he is at the pinnacle of the career).

They can also teach skills to other sims.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Didn't notice before but Lazy sims abosolutely just won't run. Foudn this out when my sim went to talk to someone way across the neighborhood. Would not run to them would just WALK and it was pretty far. Thought it had glitched, but other sims that weren't lazy had jogged on over across the map. Lazy sim? Nah, they gonna walk...very painstakingly long since I was in a big neighborhood.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    edited July 2021
    I didn't know when my sims got a call for advice concerning having children or what they should say after finding an engagement ring would result in children and engagements if I answered "yes, try for that baby" or "say yes to the ring"

I arrived at a household with triplets afterwards and couldn't figure out how they had children until I remembered the call

One called their actual girlfriend as if it was a friend and they wound up engaged over the phone. Romantic.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited July 2021
    First time playing a house with one bathroom. I don't know why it never occurred to me that sims can use a tub and shower at the same time if they're in a relationship. But a parent trying to use the shower while say a toddler is potty training will only get a grayed out selection that says you can't take your clothes off in front of a child.

pXVv3vv.png
  • Options
    IzzyIceBellIzzyIceBell Posts: 8 New Member
    Lazy sims don't magicly put clothes in laundry baskets, they just leave them on the floor like other sims do when the laundy basket is full. I was so confused when this happend the first time.
  • Options
    ButterfreeguyButterfreeguy Posts: 633 Member
    I was today years old when I realized that there exist pears in the game. I opened a package of autumn seeds and got... pears? I honestly didn't know they existed in the game. 😅

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top