Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• miss_eulenaugemiss_eulenauge Posts: 250 Member
    @SoulGal7 Thank you so much for Commenting! I was really happy about that... Just like @permanentrose I miss having the time to participate and comment (and thus get comments back)... Writing really is a lot more fun when I at least get some sort of reaction... Ah well, perhaps I'll see if I have the time to comment even a teeny-tiny bit on all of you, so you know I read it and liked it. Hopefully.

Re the PenPal project: I'm glad you had fun with it in the "Real PenPal Project"! I had a lot of fun with preparing already, so I hope that will stay.
    The more I get into it, the more perfect it gets for developing Miles' story... I'm sooo excited! *dances around* :D
    There is a section about it in Update 31, and then the Application. Next time we'll have fun with other issues (like some babies who really need to finally learn to walk... hehe), until the other portion of it is out too. ;)
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
    time zone: Berlin, Germany - EA Gallery ID: Noctuara
    Comments! Oh my, I haven't commented for so long... I have read, and think I'll just start after my last update with new comments. Apologies if I have missed anything, or have forgotten someone entirely.
    (Also sorry for doubleposting.)

@sassytxbrat I love Mia's new look, and especially her cat! Congrats on the autonomous proposal, I've never ever had that happen! O.o

@SoulGal7 Congratulations on Twins! I really love their names, their meanings and all the thought you put in them. What a pretty house too!

@Permanentrose Awww, Dill and Pickle! I really need to get Cats&Dogs too <3 Ruby looks so good madeover! (Also, now I'm really contemplating getting the height slider mod. Are there any catches or problems I should know of?) I had a lot of fun reading about Jules' day at work, too - it seems like a very fun career, especially the SimRay part :D

@Karababy the twins turned out lovely! Sad that the pointy ears are gone though :(

@Ellupelluellu Wow, so many kids! :D Mona is lovely as well. <3

@Skeilah wow, they moved to Sulani with Duane, and now he appears every update to help them out or invite them or something... hm, I wonder whether there's a catch about him. O.o Great Winterfest too! <3
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    *Updated my July 13th post above! Unfortunately, I stayed up way too late due to a variety of reasons. Number one, I didn't get to play until very late because my AC Adapter power supply for my monitor died. Hubby and I are sharing his until the one I ordered arrives on Friday. Comments on all your great updates will have to wait until later tonight. I hope you understand. Have a great day/night y'all! <3
  • sassytxbratsassytxbrat Posts: 225 Member
    Mia Patina
    July 14
    Week 11 Thursday

2021-07-04-13_01_02-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1
    ~Teresa~
    My Sims 4 Gallery // EA ID: TSmetana
    edited July 2021
    @Karababy52 I'm sorry to hear about your struggle! At a time like this I'm extra glad to play at a laptop... Have been sharing a power chord with my brother who's on the same model every weekend for about a year, until he got a new one :# But at least I could still play without the chord...
    I hope your adapter (?) arrives soon and without any problems. :)
    Since I commented, I have realized that somehow I haven't said anything about Kat being a vampire. Whoa, what a revelation! (and what a creepy laugh!) I can understand how Essa would be thrown off, but I hope that after a talk with Kat and Josh she'll come around. Essa is so nice and open, I do think she'd want to teach her kids to be open towards everybody too... Still, I can see where the doubts would come from. What Essa and the girls need seem to be an explanation on how Vampires can be nice Vampires too, and what Kat e.g. does to make sure that she's nice and won't hurt anybody... Eh. I'm rambling and have read the update days ago at this point, so I can't even clearly remember what exactly happened... :#

EDIT: Where is my mind today??? Anyways, what a great last update! I love how you showed the girl's different personalities. Though I have to admit I'm partial to Josee (?) because I love the space buns and green myself :D Yay for the pretty street too! :)
    Post edited by miss_eulenauge on
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    July 10
    qupmxWt.png

Bryons Diary
    (Bryon) “Daddy has to do some stuff. Are you going to be a good boy with papa and the rest? Yes??”
    (Noel) “Ga-ga”
    (Bryon) “Good!”

HnCZLQa.png
    (Bryon) “I’ll be off exploring then.”
    (Naoki) “Be careful, okay? It’s snowing pretty heavily.”
    (Bryon) “Of course!”
    (Naoki) “And don’t be too late for the birthdays!”
    (Bryon) “I’ll be back right on time. Promise.”

5XKLrFG.png
    It was indeed snowing pretty hard, but that didn’t stop me. As I was walking around, my eyes suddenly fell on a gigantic tree that stood out from the rest. I'd never seen this tree before. What's it doing here?

Mx1vZfT.png
    (Bryon) “What on earth…”

Y1uRn95.png
    (Bryon) “Hey, a passage.”

SKQyFbw.png
    (Bryon) “Gotta check it out…”

jGr6Ud5.png
    Suddenly I stood in what looked like a whole new universe. It was warm here, no snow to be seen…

mp3QyXU.png
    (Bryon) “Fishing spots!!!”

keAY0WS.png
    I couldn’t believe I found this place, it was so beautiful.

Xwo1oio.png
    But just like that…

oiNqGxi.png
    I forgot about time… Without realising someone was worrying about me back in the rental house.

vJjA8zF.png
    (But at least, we completed this aspiration, woopwoop)

Behind the scenes
    quvcswl.png
    (Naoki) “Is Bryon home already?”
    (Randi) “No, I haven’t seen him yet…”
    (Hana) “Naoki, it really is time now…”
    (Naoki) “I know… I just hope Bryon is okay…”

M0te2hD.pngb8p6UZ4.png
    The kids aged up. Melissa got the Fussy trait, Noel is Angelic.

ZLI6J8t.png5td1xgi.png
    And look at these adorable faces!!! <3 I’m in love.

lKHi0kp.png
    (Naoki) “Come to papa, Noel!!”
    (Noel) “Papa!”
    (Naoki) “Good!!”

kDEmIue.png
    (Hana) “Mama. Say mama.”
    (Melissa) “Ma-ma.”
    (Hana) “You’re so smartttt.”

gosfBgZ.png
    (Alex) “Yaaaa!!!! I’m so happy, I just can’t control my disguise anymore!”
    (Audrey) “Ha, this is indeed the first time that we turned into normal aliens against our will. Is it because Noel isn’t using a disguise..?”
    (Naoki) “Now that you say so… Why is his skin tone normal?”
    (Audrey) “Good question. I have no idea, actually.”

(Naoki, thinking) “Oh Bryon… Are you alright…?”
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    July 11
    kJf2wbN.png

Bryons Diary
    (Bryon) “Zzzzz….”

ttOKqhT.png
    (Naoki) “BRYON! WHERE ARE YOU!!!”

AGKKZWY.png
    (Naoki) “Bryon?! Is that you?!”

OHHJEvd.png
    (Bryon) “Ugh… Na- Naoki…?”
    (Naoki) “You got me terrified! What are you doing here, sleeping on the ground?!”

phggtwm.png
    (Bryon) “Eh….”

I9Ke51T.png
    (Bryon) “The last thing I remember… The tree… The beautiful place..."

etp2Pes.png
    (Bryon) "Where's that tree…? The tree that stood out between all the rest…”

dI6L0ri.png
    (Naoki) “Tree? There’s no such tree, man. Have you been sleeping okay these last few days? Were you over-exhausted??”
    (Bryon) “I… don’t think… so…?”

7DKGl38.png
    (Naoki) “I thought you were kidnapped or something, but noooo, here you are, sleeping on the ground, thinking about some weird tree! You even missed Noels birthday!!”
    (Bryon) “I’m… Sorry…”

XQpplMF.png
    (Naoki) “But at the same time I’m so happy you’re here and not actually kidnapped…”
    (Bryon) “This won’t ever happen again… I’m really sorry…”
    (Naoki) “You better be sorry!”

wOjhsol.png
    (Bryon) “I need to see Noel!”
    (Naoki) “He’s playing outside!”

rAOqqhN.png
    I’m sorry, Noel, for missing your birthday like that. Did I really fall asleep on the floor? Did I pass out due to the snowstorm? And did I get a weird dream afterwards?? I might never find out, but I’ll make it up to you, Noel.
    edited July 2021
    July 12
    HGbWYgm.png

Bryons Diary
    Today I decided to explore the woods. Naoki wanted to come with me since he didn’t want me to 'disappear' again. Well, okay then. Our moms watched the kids for the time being.

Extra
    I'm sorry for this super short update, but I got really annoyed by the Outdoor Enthusiast aspiration. I have to find out how and when these ‘unidentified plants’ are going to show up, and I can't seem to find the patience lol. I mean, I've been waiting an entire Winter already, lol. GIMME THOSE PLANTS.

vCjJIzx.png
    I did make this little family pic for on the wall to make it look like I've been productive hahahahah.

Also, I'm sorry for never commenting on anyone. I'm still reading all of the stories but I just can't seem to find the motivation to start typing out all the comments. I still love all of your adventures. <3 At the moment I'm applying for jobs in real life and all these interviews I have now are taking a lot of me. Pray for me that my future interviews will go well :)
    @Skeilah Oh wow! Noel looks so cool with the eyes and the violet hair! (I see you're keeping with the theme of colored hair...) Flashbacks to me and Dad going on a mountain expedition when I was ten. He didn't realize how late it was and we had to scramble back in the dark. O.o Poor mom must've been so worried! I hope Naoki won't be too mad (and Bryon not too upset that he worried everybody and missed the birthday.)
    Whoa. What Drama!
    Very cool family picture too. :)

I totally understand about commenting. I didn't comment for a whole while, and only started again when I felt really down about seeing the other people comment on each other. You know? I really missed getting up to comments about *my* updates, and being happy because people read them and took the time to write a comment. So I figured that if I feel like that about others commenting for me, then it might be a good idea to try to comment on others, even it it only is a little. So yeah. We'll see, but I feel you, and I assure you that at least for me a little "Whoa, great update! I enjoyed reading it. I especially like this twist / that character." goes a really long way to make me happy and motivated. :)
    But if you just don't have the space in your head to worry about comments that's just as ok. *hugs* I'll keep my fingers crossed for your interviews. :blush:
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited July 2021
    Update 193 - Evening Routine

bmNzUSz.png
    After Jules got home from work, Emmett greeted her with a gentle peck on the cheek.
    bnjhCit.png

"How was your first day, babe?" he asked.

"Pretty amazing," she told him. "I think I'm really gonna like this job! Where are the kids?"

"Ruby offered to put Rowan to bed tonight," Emmett told her with a smile.

Once Rowan was sound asleep, Ruby settled herself on the couch next to Jules.

"Thanks for being such a big helper," Jules told her, glad that Ruby was so invested in being a great big sister to Rowan.
    D04S6f8.png

"Anytime. I love that little guy," Ruby told her. "But - by the way, I just have to say this. Your work outfit is SUPER nerdy."

"You mean super cool," Jules told her with a wink.
    5mxImQc.png

Emmett called over to her and told her he needed help with a few things in the store, so Jules left Ruby to watch some TV as she followed him downstairs.

Oh yeah, he totally needs some "help." ;)
    sKFeElA.png

"For the record, I think you look sexy in your work outfit," he whispered against her lips.
    uoliTQK.png

Privacy does not exist in this household :D
    JpKDz8B.png

It looks like he's trying to catch the hearts :joy:
    t9zHnzh.png

Still, a lovely way to end this day :)
    GK9dhqe.png

I'll get around to some comments in a bit!
    Post edited by permanentrose on
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,869 Member
    @miss_eulenauge ,
    Thank you :smiley: Well it's gonna be full household soon :p
    -- That was one long application :) I hope Miles will get a pen pal <3:

About commenting. To be totally honest, I am confused to what to comment , as I am in a teen start challenge thread :) And your challenge sim is still a baby. :)
    I will naturally do more commenting when you are playing the challenge with Amelia :) As naturally then I am very interested to see how she is getting along when your challenge starts. :) I loved those starting days, Poor Melody had to really fish hard to earn her living :joy:

To me , as non native English speaker, commenting takes time, and time is the luxury I often do not have (long work hours and all, why my own updates are always so late, LOL) , so I too try to limit to comment on those who at least few times in near past have commented on mine :) And I rather use that limited time to comment on those who are playing the challenge itself, starting from teen , or after their sim has reached teen life and starts the challenge. :) Naturally I do reply, and comment back, if someone comments on mine, like now you did :)

@Karababy52 ,

-- Aww, loved the first pic <3 Oh, maybe violin stuff just is not for Jessah , we can't all like the same things, even if twins :) I am glad she decided to try at least :)
    YAY, promotion, and those fancy planters!!
    Josh, what is in your mind these days? You make the juice and forget to bottle it and take it with you??? :joy::joy:

@Skeilah , all the best luck to all the interviews!! <3
    Oh , and about the plants, should all of the OR plants be there during winter? Maybe some are dormant at winter, and will not even spawn because of that? Melody did manage to find all, but it was summer or spring.

@permanentrose ,
    -- THAT PIC WHERE PARSLEY ehh DILL WAS CATCHING THE HEART!! <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    edited July 2021
    @Ellupelluellu
    Congrats on your twins - I love all the M names! I can't wait to see them aged up as toddlers. And Malcolm is back to his old pranks at the hospital haha. Aw poor little Mona. She wasn't ready to share all of mommy and daddy's love yet, but I'm sure she'll make a great big sis. Also excited to see who will be using that cat tree ;)

Love that you are #TeamPickle haha. He definitely needs someone on his side. Parsley erm, I mean Dill, is definitely a little handful though - cute as heck though! :D

@Karababy52
    Well Kat was certainly in quite the mood during her visit, but at least she cleaned up after herself haha. Nice trip to the community lot too! That's something I wish I would have had more time to explore when I had my trial - nice to see how others use it in their games though! What a great lot for seeing a lot of sims spawn too, I really enjoyed seeing all of those familiar faces. That last pic of Kat was a bit eerie, just watching her stare at the house. I hope she's a vampire who is on good behavior haha.

Love that you included how the girls look before you popped into CAS. It's always a disaster haha. I love their little party dresses they wore while blowing out their candles. The honey cake is lovely too! And I really like their makeovers, they look lovely, and basically identical except for their eyebrows. I can't really see any other differences in their faces though! Josh and Essa made some nice looking kids though! Bummer about the ears - is there an option with them being spellcasters for you to add those back in? Kat's vampire moment was entertaining too - way to shock the whole family though haha. Cute shot of Josee being goofy too! Cute moment with the girls speculating over their gifts too.

I enjoyed seeing the girls differing reactions to their gifts! Gotta turn the sound off though when they're first learning to play those violins though :D Sweet moment with Josh reading to them too. I've loved seeing him be so sweet with the girls. That sounds like a cool NAP too - that's cool that the world actually does change with whatever gets implemented and you can actually see the changes in the surroundings. Lovely shot of them all sitting down for dinner together too! Excited to see what else this evening has in store for them.

That's funny about your cat named Pickle looking so much like Dill. Kittens are very tempting. I can say nothing to persuade you not to do it HAHA.

@Skeilah
    Great work with the beach life aspiration! Your reason to get them to granite falls was great too, love seeing you come up with a reason for everything in your story. I love Father Winter's surprise too, HAHA. Double labor, and double babies <3 What little cuties. Lovely onesies Bryon made too. Nice work with the curator and granite falls aspiration too! You might have to collect all the plants in different seasons that you need for the granite falls aspiration though, not 100% sure yet though since I've never really done that one. I've just heard that that it's easier to do in the summer, but you might need plants from all seasons. Nice little trip the the Sylvan Glade too!

Love the kiddos aged up looks. Noel's pink hair is so cool! Your alien kiddos are all so cute.

Haha, I like how you had the Sylvan Glade tree spit Bryon back out in Granite Falls. Love that pic of Bryon playing with Noel too, and that family pic is great!

@SoulGal7
    Lovely house, I love the portable container vibe of that wall pattern, very nice vibe that fits in with the world. Loving seeing them getting settled and starting off their tasks - and of course I love seeing them interacting with their boys! Do you play with 28 day seasons? I feel like it's been winter in your game forever now haha. But I definitely love seeing Evergreen Harbor covered in snow, you got some good shots!

I also love that you're including the Eco pre-mades too, you always do a great job of incorporating the pre-mades into your story. Glad you figured out how to deal with all the NAP stuff. Their house is looking really good too, and I like Sakura's new outfit too!

@miss_eulenauge
    The height slider sometimes causes a few animations to clip/distort since they make sims a height that isn't standard for the game. For the most part though it works okay I don't mind it too much. Romance interactions get messed up though between sims of different heights though. But it's all just animations looking weird - it doesn't actually affect how the game runs. I would definitely recommend the Get to Work pack. The active careers are super cool!

Glad you and Miles are having fun with the penpal thing! I'm looking forward to Amelia growing up though and taking center stage :)

@sassytxbrat Fun autonomous proposal!

• EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,869 Member
    @permanentrose , yeah #TeamPickle WILL win! that lil Parsley.. ehh Dill will need to change their attitude :p

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    July - Day 14: "Let's have some fun!"

rHHJ8Ga.png

Notes
    xjTQ0Xb.png
    After dinner Jessah went outside to play on the Monkey bars.

6RPoW75.png
    Josee soon joined her.

7KmmZGi.png
    "Look, look I can skip a bar, no problem! Bet you can't do that."
    "Bet I can!"

VnfL7MB.png
    "Oh no! I'm slipping, maybe I can't."
    "Dangit! I shoulda bet you somethin'."

Du2WAuL.png
    "I'm falling! Ahhhhh!"
    "Oh come on, just hold on tighter, swing yourself a little and grab the next one. Easy peasy!"

Jessah took Josee's advice and successfully made it across without falling in the end.

IlhQH9z.png
    The girls and Essa went to bed, and Josh took the free time to himself to do a little dumpster diving while they slept.

IeJXapX.png
    It's was a beautiful, warm night with the Northern Lights dancing across the sky. He found a few good things and headed back home to sort them out and recycle whatever they couldn't use.

zjhCpEk.png
    When he walked inside, he saw a very blue colored, sad Inna sitting in the rocking chair. Josh asked what was wrong and tried to cheer her up.
    "Aww, you'll be okay."

uk7AqZ6.png
    "Is there anything I can do to help make you feel better? Do you need more yarn or something? I know Essa has some extra skeins she wouldn't mind giving to you."
    "That's so sweet of you to offer. I feel a little better just knowing you care so much about my happiness."

ncAKpXV.png
    "But it's not that. I just miss my family."
    "Well...you know we can help you go back to them. Just tell us your name."
    "I...I know. I miss them, but...I'm just not ready yet. I just miss all the fun we had together. There's not as much to do as I thought being a ghost. Knitting helps, but..."

WQ7bLym.png
    "Okay, well what did you like to do together for fun?"
    "Oh my, so many things. Going to the theatre, or out to dinner, swimming & diving, sparring with my Son, watching goofy movies and TV shows, playing with my grandson, dancing at a club with my husband, and so much more!"

JtArybZ.png
    "Hmm, well I can't help you with most of that. We don't have a TV for one thing, or a pool, but, there is one thing we could do together to have fun."
    "Oh? What did you have in mind?"
    "Dancing! Not in a club, but I just fixed a stereo Essa found. See it over there? We'd have to keep the volume down, but, would you like to dance with me?"
    "Oh yes, I'd love that very much!"

PPGySCP.png
    So that's just what they did. Josh turned on the Summer Strut station and they had a little dance party.

AzbBRCH.png
    dEvuljR.png
    "Whoa, nice moves there Lady."
    "Thanks! My husband and I went to the nightclubs often, so I've had a lot of practice."

0OEjwn7.png
    "You've got some great moves yourself Josh."
    "Oh yeah, uh huh, Essa and I love to dance and do it often too. She even had her own Dance club and was a D.J."
    "Oh, that sounds like so much fun! I've always admired D.J.s and their skills. My Son and his wife were members of a Dance club once."
    "She was the best! Oh that's very cool, I bet they had a lot of fun together."

l9sLWSd.png
    "It's almost morning and I'm sure your family will be up to start the day soon. I'll be going now. Thank you so much for cheering me up. I had fun. You're a very sweet man. Essa's a very lucky woman. Bye now!"
    "Aww, thanks, but I'm the lucky one! Bye...uh, Lady. Man, I wish I knew your name."
    "All in good time my dear boy."

I5x9baO.png
    I thought Inna was actually leaving since it was close to 6 a.m. when ghosts go back to their urn/tombstone, but it appeared she was actually intending to haunt the bath tub again.

kgNMm1d.png
    Especially when I paused at just the right time and saw this! :D

vg0mTS3.png
    She surprised me though and was actually haunting the bathroom mirror! Nevermind the reflection, mirrors are still glitched out. At least in my save. Josh went upstairs to sort and recycle after that and my play session ended.

I apologize for such a short update filled with not much going on. Hopefully, tomorrow's update will have more interesting things to post. ;) Comments coming up next! Hope y'all had a great day/night! <3
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited July 2021
    July 11 - Evergreen Harbor - Day 3 - Monday

wolfgangs-turn-ti-dimpster-dive.png
    Both Sakura and Wolfgang had work today. Sakura's hours were from 10am - 3pm. Wolfgang was actually going to head in to work today and he worked from 9am - 4pm. Ren & Ken were going to go to the company daycare, so they would be well looked after.

mon-eh-submitted-eco-plan.png

But before Wolfgang went to work, he had to submit the eco-invention concept blueprint that he had done yesterday. And his boss was so pleased with his work. Wolfgang got his first pay check! They also received their bills, and I didn't write the amount down or take a screenie, but it was around $5K, and that was the lot taxes.

wolfgangs-first-pay-yes.png

wolfgang-has-eyeliner-again-going-to-first-day-of-work-mon.png

And Wolfgang is off to work. The game gives him eyeliner all the time...it definitely knows it is Wolfgang! lol

um-yeah-thats-a-good-look.png

And look at Wolfgang in his new work uniform...um...well, that's an interesting look. Maybe Wolfgang was just so excited about going to work that he forgot to put on his pants. Let's just put it this way...he is definitely going to get noticed at work in his skivvies.

manage-the-intern.png

At work, Wolfgang gets a pop-up. There should be another choice here...ask the Intern to go and buy you a pair of pants...
    answer-to-traint-the-intern-wolf.png

But, no, Wolfgang assigns the intern some tough tasks and he gets a performance gain. Oh yeah, he has faith in his work team.
    manifesto-sakura-mon.png

Sakura also gets a pop-up at work.
    response-to-manifesto.png

She decides that she should write out the Manifesto first so that other artists will understand what it is. Now, who wouldn't read what Sakura has to say, right? And she gets a performance gain! Yes!

sakura-is-pretty-excited-she-got-a-raise.png

And that manifesto did it! Sakura got a promotion to Illustrious Illustrator. She looks pretty happy about that.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

sakura-votes-for-nap.png

Sakura remembers that she has to create a new NAP (Neighborhood Action Plan), and decides to choose the Clean Energy Plan where residents of Port Promise will get a decrease on their bill if they have solar panels, dew collectors and wind turbines. Since they do, Sakura felt this one would be a good one to choose. Anything to get those bills down, right?

WOLFGANG-VOTES.png

When Wolfgang gets home from work, he heads over right away and votes on the same NAP initiative.

coming-home-from-work-in-the-trash.png

And he rides back home. He does look rather sexy riding a bike in amongst the trash, don't you think?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

wolfgang-comes-home-and-immediately-starts-work-on-the-chairs-mon.png

Wolfgang returns home, and although Sakura thinks he looks rather sexy in his skivvies, she suggests he change. Good idea. Wolfgang changes and starts working on more woodworking items.

tryng-again-on-seeding-the-dumpster.png

Sakura tries to "seed" the dumpster on their lot to get some trash to dive for deals. We'll see if it works.
    sakuras-nap-was-approved.png

And later on, Sakura gets a notice that her NAP was approved! Yes!

what-a-great-day-mon.png

Sakura is just so excited and thinks this is such a great day.

There is more trash in her inventory that Sakura wants to recycle, so she heads to the recycler, and she completes the first milestone for the Master Maker Aspiration! Woot! Way to go Sakura.

sakura-completed-first-milestone-maker-mon.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

making-a-cylindrical-candle.png

Both candle making and fabricating in the fabricator are classed as fabrication items, so Sakura makes a cylindrical candle. [Note: The interaction for crafting this candle is rather boring as your sim just stands there waiting for the wax to harden in the little cylinder. The candle dipping is more animated.]

After doing that, Sakura then goes to the fabricator. There are a few items available to her, and she decides to make two outdoor chairs, but the colors available are not what she wants. So she buys some sage dye and starts working on them.

evil-machine-got-her-again.png

Oh yeah, that evil fabricator got her again! So, she has to go and take a bath and then continues on fabricating.

sakura-crafted-these-items-mon.png

Here are the finished outdoor chairs and end table that Sakura crafted. They are placed on the little balcony area outside of their bedroom. I bought a scented citronella candle to place on the end table. I also put the flowered hedge around the patio.

sakura-crafted-the-chair-and-the-rug.png

And she crafted the rug and the chair. She is working on another knitting project.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

wolfgang-really-is-a-deep-diver.png

Since Sakura dumpster dove yesterday, it was Wolfgang's turn today. He starts out in great form, and the guy does some deep dives.

wolfgang-is-not-happy-wuth-me-mon-nite.png

And Wolfgang is definitely not happy with what I am making him do.

definitely-sending-wolfgang-from-now-on-to-dumpster-dive.png

But he has to agree that there is some real good stuff in those dumpsters! Wow! We are definitely sending Wolfgang to dumpster dive from now on! The little tv and table were not even damaged. The same for the 2 bikes and the 2 pictures hanging up. He found a tub that just needs to be repaired and polished. He also found some dyes, simoleons, and recycle parts. What a haul! Great job, Wolfgang, now please go and take a bath...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

This was the day I was testing out the minor cheat to turn Port Promise trashy again, so some photos are trash-filled and some are not.

Also, I had to do a repair of my game, because for some reason the Prima Ballerina figure was in the household inventory; however, you only get that reward when you are an Illustrious Illustrator. She was still at the Professional Painter level, so I had no idea what was going on. Anyway, it is all solved now, as Monday she officially became an Illustrious Illustrator. She did not get another reward item. So, obviously some glitch occurred, but all is right again.
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    edited July 2021
    @Karababy52 - So sorry that you are having some problems with your computer cord. Hope that gets all fixed soon. :) Oh, the girls have aged up already. That was short. Nice that they got violins for their b-day gifts, although I am not sure they both like them. lol Congrats to Essa on her promotion! And Josh is now fizzing...that's cool, although he left some at the Maker's Space...tsk...tsk... So, they are going to sample a bottle later...maybe that is why we see all those hearts flying around in their bedroom. They must have been seeing hearts and not stars! lol
    @SoulGal7
    There actually is skill books for Fabrication. Essa bought some when they were in Britechester for Josh. I started to have her read them too, but stopped deciding she should wait until they are actually in EL. :) Good on you for not using the candles cheat so they don't burn up. I always set mine to different burn levels. Lately though, I've had to just use the 'some burned' level since any lower than that and the flame stays floating above at the 'new' level. It's a bug that hasn't been fixed yet.

Essa! That wasn't very nice to say to Wolfgang! Tsk! Oh man, how embarrassing for Sakura the paps took her photo while she was filthy from dumpster diving. :D It appears she really doesn't mind though, except for perhaps people thinking she's eating garbage. Since I'm assuming they're both at lower Fabrication skills, I'm surprised it's just Sakura that has troubles with the machine. Just unlucky I guess. o.O The renovations you did look great!

Good job Wolfgang getting your paycheck already! Wow, your bills are high considering they don't have all that much. Are they off-the-grid? Essa and Josh have a bunch more stuff and their bills are only a little over 1K. o.O Ugh, I dislike how the game gives them their original look when created for career and situational outfits. That happened to Essa too when she gave birth. I know why Wolfgang went to work in his undies. HAHA Funny, but it's because of the robo arm. That never comes off unless you have them remove it and it's a top. The career uniform is a one piece jumpsuit/overalls. So it could only give him the hat and boots as a result. LOL

Congrats to Sakura for getting a promotion! Did seeding the dumpster work? Nice haul Wolfgang got dumpster diving. :) Weird what happened with the ballerina.

Thanks about the AC Adapter, it'll all get sorted soon. ;) Yes, I decided to follow the 'normal' lifespan for aging up the twins. So it was 3 days as babies, 7 days as toddlers, it'll be 13 days as children and 14 days as teens, 24 days for YA and Adult. I'll make adjustments as needed in relation to Essa's age so they don't end up the same age as their parents if it looks like perhaps that could happen. Depends on how fast or slow I play their Sim days. Yep, they had some of the fizzy juice, you guessed it in relation to the daily pic. LOL!

@permanentrose
    hehe I love it when kittens eat, makes them look extra small and precious! Puppies too! Looks like Jules is doing very well at her job! Did she start at a higher level because of her Uni degree or something? Just curious because the career uniform she's wearing isn't entry level. Plus the first thing they can usually make is the Momentum Conserver, not the SimRay.

hehe Of course Ruby thinks Jules looks nerdy in her career outfit. And of course Emmett thinks it's sexy. Oh man, how adorable Dill trying to catch the hearts. I love that kitten!

Yes, at least Kat took care of the dishes! ;) They actually don't need to go to the Maker's Space since they have everything at home except the Fizzy Juice Machine. I'd give them one of those too, but first, there's no room for it. And second, it's a good excuse to make them go there for the very reason you said! Lots of Sims spawn at community centers. It's a great opportunity to see other challenge Sims and my own too! :) We shall see what's up with Miss Kat Cave. :)

It cracked me up seeing their outfits generated by the game. Some of the worst I've ever seen in my game for aged up Sims. They do look a bit, shall I say, um, artistic though, maybe? LOL I am SO glad you noticed they were wearing their party outfits! Bummed me out that I chose outfits for every category and all they wore was everyday and sleepwear. So I thought, hey, it's a party! Let's see those outfits! ;) Should've changed Josh and Essa too, but meh.

Yes, their eyebrows are different, haircolor slightly different, Jessah's eyes are farther apart than Josee's and Josee's head is wider with a smaller chin than Jessah. But it's very subtle, so yeah, they're pretty close to identical. I could give them the pointy Spellcaster ears if I wanted to, it's available to them, but I believe perhaps not until they're teens. They might actually get those again when they age up to teens. We'll see. :)

Oh God yes! I always turn off the volume with noob violinists. o.O I've thoroughly enjoyed seeing Josh interact with and take care of the girls. He's a good Dad! I knew he would be though from his prior Dadhood in another save. ;) In my opinion, Green Initiatives and Modern Development are the two best NAPs. There's a couple other good ones, but those make the neighborhood greener and cleaner in my experience. The neighborhood won't lose all the trash in public areas without one of those NAPs implemented either.

My Son actually gave Pickles her name. We all thought it was cute, so kept it. I'm tempted to get a pet for them, but they'll have to wait until Brindleton Bay is unlocked for my personal gameplay in the challenge. :)

@Ellupelluellu
    Yep, it's cool about Veera. :) Kat surprised me with that laugh. I knew evil Sims will do that, but why did she do it right then? Made for a good writing opportunity though. :) I wouldn't want to advertise the fact either so I figured that was something Kat might say. It's cool about writing as if you're talking to Kat, no worries. Especially since it's pretty clear what her intensions are, she's not exactly hiding it. Well, she is! But we can see those looks she's giving him behind his back. ;) I loved writing that puppy thing. HAHA! It's funny Jessah had the 'silly' toddler trait, but Josee's more silly now than Jessah.

Thanks! They were christening the new bed Josh found in a dumpster and I just thought it looked cool with the sheer curtains and low, romantic light from the candles. :) Yes, Jessah at least tried it out. She'll keep trying too, but I don't think violin is something she'll end up pursuing. :) HAHA! Yeah, Josh is a bit busy these days, so yes, he has a lot of stuff on his mind. It's easy to forget about loading that machine though, so I understand. (of course it was actually ME that forgot ;))

@miss_eulenauge
    Thanks about the twins! :) Yeah, the pointy ears are gone. Oh well...Yeah, having a laptop would be nice. But batteries still run down too. ;) It'll be okay, only another day until Friday when I get my new AC Adapter. We shall see what happens with Kat. ;) Thanks about the girls and their personalities. I'm trying to do my best to give them two distinct ones even though they will have similarities from being twins. :)

@Skeilah
    Congrats to Bryon for completing the Angling Ace aspiration! Melissa and Noel are SO cute! So glad Naoki found him! Hmm, so it was just a dream or something eh? ;) Love the family photos! Great job on those. Good luck with your job interviews! Crossing my fingers for you! Oh, about the Granite Falls plants, you won't find any in Winter, they primarily grow in Summer and a few in Fall, perhaps a few in Spring too, but there are none in Winter. o.O Here's a link to the plants list on Carl's site that includes what season they will grow.

TS4 Plant List
    Thanks all about the plant situation. Its currently Spring in my game, I especially waited for Winter to be over hehe. Guess I’ll have to patiently wait until something appears😇 Luckily I have other aspirations to work on as well.
    @Ellupelluellu Thank you for commenting! I understand how comments take time, and how I changed this challenge almost to unrecognizability... :D Oh well, at least Amelia will age up (finally!) in the next update. :)
    Wow, I totally missed the cat tree! Super excited for another cat in the challenge! :O

@permanentrose
    Lol, her outfit looks really cute on her! I can't even... That picture with Dill and the hearts...! <3<3<3 (I need a cat NOW. *looks at portemonnaie*... Soon.)
    Thank you for Info on the height slider mod. :) I look forward to Amelia getting bigger too, or as I like to put it, to get out of the bassinet and learn to walk and do stuff - good that that'll happen next time I go into game ;)

@Karababy52
    I thought your update was lovely - if just because of these two cutiepies we could look at all update long :D I really enjoy the dialogue you often add. :) Loved the dance party with Issa! <3 They don't go to Forgotten Hollow until October though, right?
    Oooh, great hints about Damon in there :D The kiddo's party dresses were nice. :) I usually give my Sims their party wear and hot weather wear as 2nd every day outfits so it appears that they have that T-Shirt in their closet and can wear it on normal days too... Gets annoying to change them out of shorts in the winter, but at least the outfits get seen like that :D
    Something about twins from personal experience - I imagine that their personalities and interests could, in time, change depending on what the other likes. I know that in my family I'm a lot more outgoing than my brother, and he likes math and physics, while I don't like that at all and instead like crafts, writing and biology. And our little sibling likes music... each one has their own special interest. So I thought that was quite realistic, and with Jessah taking to the Violin, but needing help on the monkey bars... <3

@SoulGal7
    Lol, Wolfgang forgot his Skivvies (Pants?) ! :D I think there's a cheat to edit the work uniform in case it happens again tomorrow? I love how colorful Sakura always gets in the fabricator :D Wolfgang really found a lot of stuff! Good job! :O

@miss_eulenauge - lol skivvies are also called underwear.
    Update 194 - The SimRay

vvJhOKe.png
    Back to work for Jules! And one of her work assignments was to have a chat with Sofia!
    ubfDfcT.png

"Hey Jules, good to see you again! So you know that SimRay you made yesterday? You need to make sure it's working properly with the mind control upgrade you gave it, and I totally know the guy you should test it out on..."
    prps4dZ.png

Their co-worker, Tony, was not at all pleased when Jules came up to him waving her SimRay.

"Sofia put you up to this, didn't she?"
    JXgiIyQ.png

"Oh man, this mind control feature is fantastic!"
    hT7N26g.png

"I'm so gonna get Sofia back for this..."
    mEGP019.png

Next, Jules went to brainstorm some more ideas on the Invention Constructor.
    Vj96tid.jpg

Perhaps all this deep thought gave her a hankering for fruitcake, since she pulled a piece out of her inventory autonomously even though her hunger need was full....and then proceeded to get an uncomfortable moodlet.
    5yC2sXz.jpg

She ended the day by analyzing a DNA sample she had collected from Emmett.
    B0ZNfoC.png

Wow, very telling :D
    DyyCacX.png

Jules was back home in time tonight to put Rowan to bed <3
    NC5Ra2R.png
    4ZUt6Y8.png

Everyone else was having a good time too.
    zTjOUjG.jpg

And Jules decided to do some more upgrades to the rocket. She's making good progress with the Nerd Brain aspiration. Only one more level to go in rocket science too and then she can upgrade it with wormhole generator and then we can make a trip to Sixam!
    xQGc0tB.jpg
    @Everyone - I have a stomach bug, so no exams right now, but also no mind for Sims... :s We'll see to when they get moved. Probably one next week, and then 6-7 at the start of the new semester :cold_sweat: Oh well, I really wasn't able to take them today, so...

@SoulGal7 Lol thank you for the explanation :D

@permanentrose Lol the SimRay... And great to see Sofia again! I'm excited for Sixam. Is Ruby going to come too?
  • sassytxbratsassytxbrat Posts: 225 Member
    Mia Patina
    July 15
    Week 11 Friday

2021-07-04-14_44_58-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1
    ~Teresa~
    My Sims 4 Gallery // EA ID: TSmetana
    edited July 2021
    @permanentrose and everyone else who would like to have Amelia ingame: Both twins are aged up and madeover (completely CC-free) and up on the gallery.

@Karababy52 would you put the link on the front page, if you want to? (Can't remember whether you had decided to wait for teens or not for that)

I have put up the whole family (new) as well as only Amelia and Sarah

I have re-uploaded the whole family - After putting CC on the girls I decided that I need to update Rachel's non-CC-version too :D
    Post edited by miss_eulenauge on
    edited July 2021
    Hi Everyone! Took a few moments to do some comments on your fab stories. Have a great day/night everyone!

@permanentrose - Update 193
    I totally agree that it looks like Dill is trying to catch that heart! Sweet! I remember in another chapter, it was Pickles who was outside that closet door while they woohoo'd! lol And Ruby is such a great helper and puts Rowan to bed. She thinks Jules' work uniform looks nerdy...lol...but Emmett thinks it looks way cool...um...sexy cool. lol Nice chapter. :)

And so Jules is in the science career wrecking havoc at work with the simray! lol She loves that thing! And Sofia gets Jules to do a mind control on Tony and then he's in his bathing suit. lol He is not happy. Better watch out Jules or he is going to prank you. lol Ahhh...rocket upgrade...very cool...so the wormhole generator is needed to go to Sixam. Wolfgang and Sakura still have their rocket in inventory, but Wolfgang never got around to upgrading the wormhole...maybe next world.

Here, finally, are my comments on the wonderful chapter you did called Customer Concerto, which heavily featured Sakura and I didn't comment on it. I love that Sakura is a Maker...lol maybe it's a foreshadowing in your game of what she will do. And so happy that she came into the store to support you, and bought a nice painting, and scrubbed the toilet, and gave Ruby a tip. Gee....she really did do some good deeds while she was there. Of course, she loves the arts so is just so happy to help out. And Ruby did such a good job. I am sure that her music drew in a lot of customers. Nice update on that one :)

@sassytxbrat -
    So Mia is now doing the Serial Romantic Aspiration. lol And congrats on her getting all A+ grades - way to go Mia! And the soccer team wants her, too, but she quits. Luckily she has enough scholarships so she didn't have to worry about quitting the team. She is part of the Secret Society. In one of my gameplays, I was in the Secret Society, and when Sakura went through uni, I didn't want her to be. Those sprites are annoying sometimes. Great up-date.

@Karababy52 -
    The twins are having fun on the climbing bars. Nice shot of the northern lights and Josh dumpster diving. And then he goes in to cheer up Inna. She misses her family, but doesn't want to go back yet, and so won't give her name. At least Josh could cheer her up and dance with her.

@miss_eulenauge - Amelia looks super cute as a toddler in your new upload. I think I will wait until she is a child and then download her into my game and place her in with @IllusoryThrall 's Jaz.

@Skeilah -
    Don't despair over that Outdoor Enthusiast Aspiration. I am only going to attempt that again in the summer, because you have to spend 5 nights in a tent as well, and Sakura's Scout camp in tents did not count, nor did the one when she slept overnight on the mountain. So...yeah...they will be going family camping in the summer. I love Noel's hair. I have played a bit ahead and was so hoping that either Ren or Ken would have blue hair, but apparently, there are no "colored" hairs for toddlers. Love the family photo. Also, good luck on your interviews in real life. :) Also, on the previous chapter, I love how you used the tree in Willow Creek to pretend it was in Granite Falls. And Bryon falls asleep...yeah...he's under a spell...and Bryon misses the birthday! Sheesh! Oh well, at least he got the Angling Ace Aspiration done!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top