Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When do you think next kit will be?

Hi all,

With the Cottage Living EP coming out soon, when do you think the next kit will be?

Do you think it will be CAS, Gameplay or another BB? I'd love more gameplay honestly.

Thanks!
"Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
Origin ID: simaddict1990

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited July 2021
    Well blind guesses that will probably be wrong but i can try:

Guess 1:
    Next kit will be either cas or gameplay (given big additions to build mode lately and that last kit was build stuff)

Guess 2:
    one of the families in cottage pack is preparing for a baby... hint or not who knows but I surely get feeling they might update babies and do additional related kit to hype it up actually

(especially because i speculate next ep is not generations cause its unlikely they do similar theme eps in row and people simply won't shut up about babies until they get updated regardless of what is released)

Guess 3:
    I have slight feeling they might take advantage of halloween vibes to sell us some themed fun kit perhaps around that time

Guess 4: or maybe they add some additional farming related thingy things like nectars and nectar making or additional animal or something they very sneakily cut out and community enters the rage mode

Guess 5: a burglar kit. i mean did u see that fox tho... or maybe some other lot challenge related thing hmm

as for when I'm not sure but i would guess sometime after cottage living like next month? or later? but i kinda see something early autumn to late autumn
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Considering one Kit was Country Kitchen and presumably something they wanted to put in Country Living, I think their kits will reflect what's coming out next.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    It is hard to say. I'll wager August, and either a CAS or Gameplay kit. Just because it could bridge CoL and September and the last kit was a BB one.

I'm not convinced kits foretell other packs, but we'll see if we get large Moroccan, fitness, and chores packs.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    We’ve had two build kits, so I’m hoping for a CAS theme next.
    Some 80s fashion or maybe fancy dress for parties.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    edited July 2021
    probably in the ber months, maybe Sep. I hope it's going to be gameplay. If it's not, I won't bother getting it.
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    I draw the line at these terrible little kits so don't care when the next one or the next after that comes out.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited July 2021
    ashcrash19 wrote: »
    Hi all,

With the Cottage Living EP coming out soon, when do you think the next kit will be?

Do you think it will be CAS, Gameplay or another BB? I'd love more gameplay honestly.

Thanks!

August and I'm hoping it will be gameplay with pool items.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    ashcrash19 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Thanks!

August and I'm hoping it will be gameplay with pool items.

Would be nice if they gave us a big pool slide so we could make a waterpark. And swimming tubes they could slide down the slide with.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Idk but I wish they would hurry up.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I know they said that they will be releasing one at a time. I like having a batch of them to choose from such as when they first rolled them out. Honestly, they could let us vote on more kits too.

As for what or when it will be, I think we'll get at least one by October. I don't know if all of the kits will center on the Build, CAS, Gameplay divide going forward. If I had to guess, I think we'll get a gameplay and a CAS kit before the end of the year. It's possible that we could get more in the lead-up to Christmas.

As for what I want - one of the arts & crafts kits such as the glass-blowing or pottery wheel or similar. I'd also do the nectar-making or functional tea set. Garden party, maybe? I could do with more interactive events.

For fashion, I am pretty wide open but I think we need some updates to hairstyles actually. These would include some newer trends and more types of "bridal hair" because we get a bit limited with that. I go for a lot of different styles. If they want to come up with more "men's" fashion, that's fine with me.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    CAS Kit maybe?
  • Options
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    CAS Kit maybe?

I would like some nice swimsuits and flip flops/sandals for my sims.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Well blind guesses that will probably be wrong but i can try:

Guess 4: or maybe they add some additional farming related thingy things like nectars and nectar making or additional animal or something they very sneakily cut out and community enters the rage mode

See I would love to see smth like this because they obviously have a budget/limit on stuff they can add in each pack so something will be cut or not included and I wouldn't mind them adding it in a kit later on but ik that the community will rage so they might not do that which is unfortunate because I hate that once they do a certain theme they can't revisit it unless it fits in another pack. And idk if any of the farming stuff not in col will fit in any future pack.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    I draw the line at these terrible little kits so don't care when the next one or the next after that comes out.

If you don't like kits, why did you comment on a thread about kits? :/
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • Options
    ArcaArca Posts: 183 Member
    I want more and more kits regarding to new cooking machines with new recipes, such as milk shaker, yogurt maker, crepe pan, slow cooking tool, gas fryer, tools for molecular gastronomy etc
    Actually I'm having some symptoms of eating disorder, I can't eat properly in real life but I enjoy to see my sims to eat
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Arca wrote: »
    Actually I'm having some symptoms of eating disorder, I can't eat properly in real life but I enjoy to see my sims to eat

Same. My depression makes me not have any appetite but I enjoy watching my sims eat and make new recipes. So I would really like any kit that adds new kitchen stuff.

Toasters: ability to make toast and add butter, peanut butter and jams. Will probably tie in well with canning skill.

Waffle maker: new waffle recipes

Juicer: ability to juice any fruit or vegetable to make juice. Also add a jug to put in fridge and ur sim can grab glasses from it.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I only have the bust the dust-kit so far. Might get the country kitchen one since furniture was a bit scuffed and I like that but I don’t need to get it straight away.

Keeping fingers crossed for some gameplay stuff but I have no need to get every one. If it suits me then I would look into it.
  • Options
    Kits tend to be whatever content Devs wanted to put into an Expansion Pack but EA didn't allow them. Way to squeeze more cash out of us.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Kits tend to be whatever content Devs wanted to put into an Expansion Pack but EA didn't allow them. Way to squeeze more cash out of us.

You just defined Electronic Arts' Motto. "Release one thing in two different content packs to milk more money out of our loyal customers who are responsible for us even being a floating company."
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited July 2021
    Loanet wrote: »

Interesting theory!

Which Kits do you feel they wanted to put with which Packs? I’m curious. I’ve heard someone say this about the content of the Country Kitchen Kit belonging in Cottage Living, but not about the other ones.
  • Options
    The Morocco kit needs a Morocco world to be truly enjoyed. I tried to build a riad in Oasis Springs but I keep seeing the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 dinosaur over the garden walls. I don't care if they already have the world in an EP and just sold the kit as a tease.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Clothes are easy to make. Any pack can have clothes, although quite a few of the clothes in the Kit would have done just fine in the Dream Home Decorator, or all the activities we do in Mount Koremorabi (or whatever you spell it).

We've already heard from Devs they wanted to make dusting long ago. But rather than put it in a nice Stuff Pack with lots of items, two functional items were released along with the technicals.

I presume that with Cottage Living, the Devs had two styles of kitchen, but had to pick only one for the expansion. They've got another lying around, so throw in a few clutter items and it's done. That sounds very much like the future. A Team has two styles to choose from, loves them both (face it, Country Kitchen is lovely) but of course they can't put in both, EA won't let them. The other designs become a Kit.

Face it, if you add all three together, they are still smaller than a Stuff Pack.
  • Options
    dyl_andwhatdyl_andwhat Posts: 367 Member
    edited July 2021
    a CaS kit being next would fit imo - idk why but i'm thinking it'll be wedding themed.

alternatively, i wouldn't be surprised if they sold blank worlds (like newcrest) in kits - maybe 3 in a kit ?
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    alternatively, i wouldn't be surprised if they sold blank worlds (like newcrest) in kits - maybe 3 in a kit ?

Blank worlds are never gonna happen again.

They want to keep the total number of lots (across all worlds) low, as too many lots in a single save file negatively affect performance. They couldn’t even put many lots in their $40 EP worlds. It makes zero sense to waste a bunch lots on a blank world.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png