Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update: Martial arts interaction.

mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
edited July 2021 in Gameplay Mods
Hi friends! I added an additional animation to the pie menu. I'm also looking for feedback before I make more interactions so if anyone wants to test these out or are interested in using them for storytelling, feel free to do so.

Leave a comment if you have any suggestions or feedback! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-G1TMO0ckE&ab_channel=MercuryfoamSea

Previous post in spoiler:
I have no access to my pc for over two weeks now and still cant play sims, so I made this instead.

It gives a Confident and Happy buff.
Confidentbuff.jpg
Happybuff.jpg

And left Simeon flabbergasted lol.
Simeondisbelief.jpg

https://youtu.be/mh9Z-W5Uv3Q
Interaction is wip.

Thanks for reading. :lol::smiley:
Post edited by mercuryfoam on

Comments

• ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    awesomed that because it is! You said wip, will it be available for download at some point? She's a bit close for the roundhouse kick but it still looks great. The game needs this.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    @ignominiusrex Thanks for the feedback. I tweaked it some more and gave them some distance.

Remake-Roundhouse-Kick.gif

If anyone is interested, sure! It's pretty bare bones for now so I'll work on it some more.

• ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    @ignominiusrex Thanks for the feedback. I tweaked it some more and gave them some distance.

Remake-Roundhouse-Kick.gif

If anyone is interested, sure! It's pretty bare bones for now so I'll work on it some more.

I love that so much, especially Brandt and Brent sparring together like that. I have seen some awkward and bad animations for fight scenes and yours is just *chef's kiss*
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-G1TMO0ckE&ab_channel=MercuryfoamSea

Hi friends! I added an additional animation to the pie menu. I'm also looking for feedback before I make more interactions so if anyone wants to test these out or are interested in using them for storytelling, feel free to do so.

Leave a comment if you have any suggestions or feedback! :)
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Whooooooa this is so cool!!! I have so many uses for these!! Love it! I've been wanting martial arts. I would love to see more😱😱 your animating skills are top notch too
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    @Babykittyjade Thank you <3 I'm learning as I go so that's great to hear.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    @mercuryfoam It looks amazing! The animation isn't bad either defiantly a lot smoother than some of some of the other animations I have seen. I was wondering if you planned on making it into a skill or are you just going to keep it as athletic only? Either way it's a great mod so far! :D
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

@BMSO I plan to have it increase fitness skill, but that is certainly food for thought. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into it. :)
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited July 2021
    @mercuryfoam No problem. The animations are well done. I've tested it in my game with both animations. The crescent kick, K.O is my favorite. xD
    But the distance between them is fine. Although, In all honestly, (I'd love to see this replace the spar animation that is currently in game) however, I do have one concern about the out come of the Crescent K.O. but that is merely an idea of fitness because, the one who antagonizes the fight always gets knocked out. A higher fitness skill should do the K.O although I know it won't be easy. I'm a modder myself so I don't mind testing mods for other creators, the mod is still impressive.
    Post edited by BMSO on
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

@BMSO

Thanks for your advice! I wouldn't have added these if it weren't for your suggestions. The interaction now increases fitness skill, fun and social motives while reducing hygiene, thirst and conflict resolution (latter if done by a teen). It also contributes to the energetic and adrenaline seeker lifestyle, but I haven't played long enough to test those. This modified version isn't released yet because I'm in the middle of making a third animation. Will update altogether :)

Not everyone has the strangerville pack so I plan to keep this base game friendly. I agree with you, there's no justice that the attacker comes out on top. Once I have some more animations, I'll see if I can make it so fitness determines who gets k.o-ed. At least I'll give it a try. :smiley: