Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have you ever had a cemetery?

Comments

• Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    edited July 2021
    I have a few cemeteries, and most of them are set as Museums. Parks require objects I don't want, and it's easy to put up art (paintings, statues, placeholder gravestones/urns that can be replaced as Sims die). Sims go and look around, which is exactly what I want them to do. The only issue is when a celebrity shows up. That level of hype and excitement kind of ruins the vibe. I tried generic lots, but since no one shows up at them, they felt sadly forgotten.

My largest (and favorite) has a few crypts, some outdoor graves, and catacombs. <3

Restful Spirits
    00.jpg
    Blog for Lots of Pictures/Story
    Gallery Download

Catacombs
    03.jpg
    tumblr_inline_oqoxx1t4Eo1ukb6nu_1280.png
    tumblr_inline_oqoxsjLHpM1ukb6nu_1280.png

Outside Back
    tumblr_inline_oqoxkmGLTe1ukb6nu_1280.png

Kids
    tumblr_inline_oqoxjb4SU61ukb6nu_1280.png

Pets
    tumblr_inline_oqoxjx7vHO1ukb6nu_1280.png

Legacy
    Each is two squares wide. The intention is for spouses' markers to be side-by-side, perhaps with descendants as well.
    tumblr_inline_oqoxmpxbpT1ukb6nu_1280.png

Private Mausoleum
    For only the fanciest Sims, reached by way of the catacombs.
    tumblr_inline_oqoxzq9NcK1ukb6nu_1280.png

Restful Spirits was too much on a lot for my daughter, so I built something more modestly-sized, with only a small visitor's center and the rest of the space reserved for graves.

Cygnus Cemetery
    01.jpg

Bonus, for the adventurous:
    Cemetery set as a Nightclub
    The Raveyard
    Is your afterlife a bore? Make ghost night every night at The Raveyard! Dance the night away, have a drink, or explore the catacombs with a special someone.

00.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg
    edit: Fixed a link!
    Post edited by phantasmkiss on
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    musteni wrote: »
    I have a trick for keeping the ghosts around. If I want to keep one I befriend them and move them in, then put them in their separate household and favourite. I'm not sure if they'll show up haunting on community lots, but some tombstones I keep on residential lots and ghost "saved" this way will haunt. The tombstone works as a teleporter for them. You could also have a club of ghosts gather on the lot.

Oh my goodness, this is a gamechanger for me. I've gotten little to no use out of my fancy cemeteries because I was afraid of my ghosts being culled. I've been keeping urns in people's pockets and pretending it's normal. o.o

OEII1001 wrote: »
    For the former I prefer larger, communal chambers with some private alcoves for the upper crust of society. For the latter, I like more open and shady places. Overall my preference is for simple, open designs with fountains for classy places, and more rustic and neglected looks for lower class and cursed locations.

I tried to combine things in my largest cemetery. There's a private (and forgotten) mausoleum, some crypts with pedestals and places for whoever, and places to put family groups. I didn't focus on wealth, but that's a good idea for another build...

4TJdLHA.png
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
  • Options
    LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    I built a church with a cemetery. There's also a mausoleum in the cemetery. So far I've buried 5 sims that have all died of old age. (I just remembered that I forgot to bury one... Gotta go do that) I always have a funeral, but it's hard when there's no specific event for it and the guests just go downstairs to watch TV in the youth group room.
    I've also had a few weddings in the church, which were nice.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    LynnPlayz1 wrote: »
    I built a church with a cemetery. There's also a mausoleum in the cemetery. So far I've buried 5 sims that have all died of old age. (I just remembered that I forgot to bury one... Gotta go do that) I always have a funeral, but it's hard when there's no specific event for it and the guests just go downstairs to watch TV in the youth group room.
    I've also had a few weddings in the church, which were nice.

Why are you putting a TV in a cemetery? They are supposed to be sad not increase their fun levels. :lol:
  • Options
    Lol well I loosely based the church off of an irl church. The Youth Group meets downstairs and they have games and activities available for after their lesson. In hindsight, maybe I should have just put the cemetery in the adjacent lot.
  • Options
    LynnPlayz1 wrote: »
    Lol well I loosely based the church off of an irl church. The Youth Group meets downstairs and they have games and activities available for after their lesson. In hindsight, maybe I should have just put the cemetery in the adjacent lot.

Fancy church! The churches I've been to the old ladies just look at you with a mean stare if you dare show the smallest smile. If you're not interested in the sermon, you can sit outside, hear the birds chirp, talk to the grave digger, etc.
  • Options
    Dannakyri1Dannakyri1 Posts: 207 Member
    I play legacy so that's a lot of dead sims and they take up a lot of space on the lot. Recently I decided to build an underground crypt and I love it! I build a very small upper building with statues and decorations an a bench and inside is a ladder to leads down into the crypt. only downside is because it's technically inside the tombstones say urns but I have most of the expansions and there are monuments and tombstone decorations I used to spruce up the place. And added bonus the ghosts don't come to the house and break my stuff as often--I think they think they are already in their house when the spawn in the little underground tomb.
  • Options
    MineBloxKyMineBloxKy Posts: 20 Member
    > @simgirl1010 said:
    > I have one in FH. Forgotten Hollow Memorial Park. Its full of NPCs who have annoyed me.

That is so funny! Did one of your sims kill them?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,865 Member
    MineBloxKy wrote: »
    > @simgirl1010 said:
    > I have one in FH. Forgotten Hollow Memorial Park. Its full of NPCs who have annoyed me.

That is so funny! Did one of your sims kill them?

No. I did. :p
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    I have one save with aging turned on, and I have a cemetery in the back of Willow Creek. When a Sim passes away, I'll have another Sim go into their house, collect their urn, and take it to the cemetery (where it turns into a headstone once they set it down).

Sometimes it's pretty sad. With my original couple, the wife passed away, and the hubby took her urn to the cemetery---a day later, he was gone too (old age)

This should be built into the game. If we can have invisible child welfare wisk children away, we could have an invisible mechanism that would take sims to a graveyard. I could see it as an opt in. Have a graveyard lot type, and if selected, it would populate with unplayed world sims as the crossed the great beyond.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Yes I have built my own cemetery (which is on the gallery) and it’s in windenburg. It’s a generic lot with the haunted and island spirits lot traits and you can add your own tombstones to it.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    I must say I have never created a cemetery, per se. But, I have created an area in the far corner of the Legacy Challenge lot to house the graves of their ancestors. This was while I was playing Pinstar's Sims4 Legacy Challenge. You earn points for each ghost type on the lot. (all the different deaths.) I just wish the ghosts in this game would stick to the color of what killed them, rather than the color of whatever emotion they're experiencing. So hard to keep track with the changing colors. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    I have a tiny church in my game with a cemetery that it's currently empty. It was meant to hold the urns of some NPC sims that froze to death during winter but I accidentally ended up deleting the lot with the urns inside. There's a crypt underneath that with vampire coffins. I have it on my gallery if you want to take a look though I have modified it a bit in my game. I have it now set up as a community center and sims who visit tend to the plants and can craft candles and do woodworking inside the crypt as well. In the garden I planted some death flowers and plasma fruit trees, added the wishing well. It looks really creepy in the winter when sims shovel snow in the graveyard. :lol:

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/D9D650FF661011EA88609D05B2E585BB?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=crocobaura&max=50&maxis=false
  • Options
    This should be built into the game. If we can have invisible child welfare wisk children away, we could have an invisible mechanism that would take sims to a graveyard.

That's something I miss from previous Sims. There used to be graveyards, and when a Sim died, their gravestone could be found at the local cemetery's mausoleum. You clicked it, and from there you could take out gravestones and place them, or delete them.

Sims 4 is built for lower-end computers though, so they have to have lots of ways to cull in order to keep file sizes down.
    I just wish the ghosts in this game would stick to the color of what killed them, rather than the color of whatever emotion they're experiencing. So hard to keep track with the changing colors. :open_mouth:

This drives me more than a little nuts, too. It was a lot of fun seeing Sim-ghosts walk around with lightning going through them, or swirly blue, or cloudy grey. Using the emotion system probably saves on file sizes too.

I miss being able to save Sims with things in their pockets, for the sole reason that I used to create additional family members so that their ghosts could be resurrected, or haunt the family. I spent a lot of time on genetics for, say, orphans who lived with their grandparents, or Sims whose complicated heritage might be important to a story/plot. I also included working gravestones on some of my builds. *sigh*
    4TJdLHA.png
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member

I have one that's attached to a church that I use as a wedding venue, so it does double duty. This is the one I use.
    https://ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/793089E3501C11E485BDAC9B3CFEFE0B
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I have a cemetery in my Westbrook family save but I didn't build it. I can't remember who made it but it has a few mausoleums, and I even added the family pets. It's in the Windenburg countryside.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Not ever.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I have a cemetery in Newcrest although I have not updated it that much recently. I haven't had a lot of deaths lately and when I have, I've just been keeping the ashes in someone's inventory. I would see real funerals in the game. It feels like that is missing.

My cemetery has benches and a fountain. It's currently a generic lot but I would change it if we get an update.

I also have several churches that are mainly wedding venues. One is in Oasis Springs, one is in Windenburg and one is in Strangerville.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    I lazily built one.
  • Options
    mollymegan82mollymegan82 Posts: 703 Member
    RySBI wrote: »
    I do this quite often with my various saves, usually in Forgotten Hollow.

I’ll create it as a park lot type and start by filling it with placeholder gravestones (using the debug graves, mixed in with the ones from buy mode). Then, every time a sim dies in that save, I’ll place the grave on that lot.

If you place a podium somewhere on the lot and have an urn in your inventory you actually get the interaction to “Give Eulogy” so you can host funerals.

how does the debug graves work?
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited July 2021
    I built a little church for weddings in Newcrest and I have a cemetery in front of that church as that is how it is in my country. I set it as a park (necessities under ground) however I will change it to national park since it only requiers a grill and a picnic table I believe and I also believe it will spawn less townies and that means less annoyance.

Next time I would definitely pick a bigger lot. I ran out of space for tombstones quite quickly.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    Here are screenshots of my church and cemetery.

07-13-21_9-40-07_AM.png

07-13-21_9-40-15_AM.png
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Deadgrass Cemetery in Brindleton Bay:
    07-14-21_6-44-17%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

The Crypt in Forgotten Hollow:
    07-14-21_6-45-32%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

The Crypt bar in the basement:
    07-14-21_6-45-19%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    edited July 2021
    Yes I have one, but the layout isn't very special. The original lot, which I have downloaded from the gallery, was around the statue in the center. It was meant to be a memorial park for the ww1. That was the time in my decade challenge when I realized I will need a bigger cemetry until the end of the challenge and the old cemetry won't be big enough . I've posted an older version about the cementry in a thread about your most important building a couple of weeks ago. Meanwhile I change a few more things, since the space is running low, I've started digging into the deep, well this isn't probably not correct, but anyways. Recently I've found a cc-statue of Jesus and replaced the old statue.

3FtHIm9.png

With the new job as interior designer, sometimes I found some tombstone and urns from ww2 deathrolls in the lots which I have totally forgotten. That feels creepy.
  • Options
    I need to step up my game lol