Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[OLD] Broken/Updated Mods & CC: May 27 & June 29, 2021 patches

Comments

• CandicelleCandicelle Posts: 29 Member
    If your game doesn't load at all, try deleting the game version, then try to reload it as it regenerates a new one.
  • maglev666maglev666 Posts: 72 Member
    Ohh looks like we got us a SPAMBOT!
  • Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > Delete the file called localthumbcache. This should remove the game memory of anything you deleted.

Thanks! Sorry I've been away all day and only just had the chance to log on. Will definitely try this and see if it works. :)
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Mod Updates
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    > @luthienrising said:
    > Delete the file called localthumbcache. This should remove the game memory of anything you deleted.

I've just tried doing this and checked the game. Unfortunately nothing has changed in regards to CC appearing. The game just seems to be running a little faster.
  • maglev666maglev666 Posts: 72 Member
    Lulu29 wrote: »
    > @luthienrising said:

I've just tried doing this and checked the game. Unfortunately nothing has changed in regards to CC appearing. The game just seems to be running a little faster.

Try deleting the file the file luthienrising mentioned and also deleting the file Resource.cfg
    The thumbnail file only deletes the thumbnails from the game, the resource file is what can lock deleted content in the game.
    maglev666 wrote: »
    > @luthienrising said:

Try deleting the file the file luthienrising mentioned and also deleting the file Resource.cfg
    The thumbnail file only deletes the thumbnails from the game, the resource file is what can lock deleted content in the game.

Thank you. I'm turning the game off now as its late here but will delete the files mentioned before signing off completely. Hopefully it will work as I rely on a lot of alpha CC for my game and it's really getting annoying not having it in game. I'll let you know how it goes. :)
    edited July 2021
    Mod Updates
    Mortem (SimRealist)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    > @luthienrising said:

So I've tried both suggestions and still nothing. My actual game mods (Slice of Life etc) are working fine. All of my CC is showing up as in game on the menu at start up. I'm really at a loss of what to do, nothing else is coming up as broken in game as far as I'm aware. I've even done system restart on my laptop to see if that helps in anyway.
    edited July 2021
    > @luthienrising said:

So I've tried both suggestions and still nothing. My actual game mods (Slice of Life etc) are working fine. All of my CC is showing up as in game on the menu at start up. I'm really at a loss of what to do, nothing else is coming up as broken in game as far as I'm aware. I've even done system restart on my laptop to see if that helps in anyway.

I'd head over at this point to the Sims After Dark or Deaderpool servers for support. Links in my first post, IIRC.
  • ShinjiMShinjiM Posts: 84 Member
    > @Candicelle said:
    > If your game doesn't load at all, try deleting the game version, then try to reload it as it regenerates a new one.

I figured it out myself
    DO NOT ADD ANY PERFORMER TO YOUR HOUSEHOLD MEMBER. (I used MCCC for did it)
    if you do, delete it through CAS.
    > @luthienrising said:

I'd head over at this point to the Sims After Dark or Deaderpool servers for support. Links in my first post, IIRC.

After shifting around some files, I've finally got it to work. Unfortunately it means all of my previous saved games have been wiped out but I'll just have to try and re-create them. Thanks for all of your help. :)
    Updates from Bienchen
    • coolersstorefishandfood
    • buypettreat
    • catanddogsanity
    • naturewalkforeveryone
    • townieoverhaul_lessfame
    • soccer_noantsybuff
    • lifestyletweak
    • lessautonomousbath
    • lessautonomouscheckontoddler
    • lessautonomouscomputer
    • roleoutfitdisabled_bychoice
    • extendedinvitationsoverhaul
    • freelancereditsmoresuccessful
    • whimoverhaul

Also, Bienchen's new mod Situation Outfits Begone replaces several other mods, which won't be supported anymore. These are:
    • GetFamouswalkbysfix
    • nofakevampire
    • openstreetsloungerfix
    • weirdooverhaul
    • blossomfestival
    • flowerfestivaloutfit
    • holidaytraditionwalkby_fix
    • lampfestival
    • nerdfestival
    • nocurrycontestshirt
    • touristoverhaul
    • walkbyrainfix
    • uniformracoon
    • roleoutfitsdisabled and all its variants
    Mod Updates
    Farmland (Arnie)
    edited July 2021
    Mod Updates
    Set Family Relationships Mod (simsmodelsimmer)
    No Practice Singing! (Polarbearsims)
  • KimSooKyungKimSooKyung Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi Simmer! :)

I deeply need your help, since the last update ( June 29 2021), my game turn off alone and turn off my computer too. I've been following this forum to update my mods and cc, but i don't have none of the mods or CC mentionned in this forum, I also followed the thread in twitter for the cc hair. I tried to delete some old cc, and update the others with sims 4 studio, but still nothing. I delete all the cache filesn re installed sims 4 and origin but nothing work. I really don't know what to do anymore... :( Can someone please help, I will be really thankful ! Sorry for my bad english. Thanks for your answers and stay safe everyone. <3
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    Hi Simmer! :)

I deeply need your help, since the last update ( June 29 2021), my game turn off alone and turn off my computer too. I've been following this forum to update my mods and cc, but i don't have none of the mods or CC mentionned in this forum, I also followed the thread in twitter for the cc hair. I tried to delete some old cc, and update the others with sims 4 studio, but still nothing. I delete all the cache filesn re installed sims 4 and origin but nothing work. I really don't know what to do anymore... :( Can someone please help, I will be really thankful ! Sorry for my bad english. Thanks for your answers and stay safe everyone. <3

If you've already tried taking out all your CC and deleting the cache files, as well as doing a reinstall, then AHQ technical section would be a place to get help for this. It doesn't sound like a mod problem at this point.
  • CandicelleCandicelle Posts: 29 Member
    I deeply need your help, since the last update ( June 29, 2021), my game turns off alone and turn off my computer too. Are you sure you didn't accidentally hit your power button or sleep mode? When my HD was failing and after I got a new one installed, I got 'upgraded to Windows 10' from W-7, I didn't want it, I didn't ask for it, but I got it. That happened to me once or twice. It could have something to do with your W-10 settings, or if you are using a game mode setting, or after an update. It has to do with your power and or power plan settings. Say it's nighttime and you want to hit the sack, you save then hit the windows key to drop it to the taskbar or leave it as is, and then hit the power button on your computer or laptop, to enter sleep or low power mode, so you can play where you left off later or in the morning. But rather than sleep mode it shuts everything right off. So fiddle first with power plan setting and what the butones do. If it isn't that then maybe a mod.
    edited July 2021
    @KimSooKyung That sounds most likely like a computer hardware problem! Turning itself off is something your computer can do to prevent itself from damage by overheating (been there, done that when my power bank failed on a computer). If you're on a laptop, there's a good chance you need to use laptop mode for the game. But the help you need is probably on general computer support sites.

Mod Updates
    Srsly's Complete Cooking Overhaul (SCCO)
    Ami’s Catalog Overhaul - Subtle CC Icon (amicurl)
    Ami’s Catalog Overhaul - Pack Icon Hider (amicurl)
  • DarkAuditDarkAudit Posts: 169 Member
    It's that time again. Should we expect the patch later today, or wait until Tuesday?
    edited July 2021
    DarkAudit wrote: »
    It's that time again. Should we expect the patch later today, or wait until Tuesday?

I've not seen any buzz suggesting that it's coming out before next week :( (As a GC with normal early access, believe me -- I've been looking for that!!)

Mod Updates
    Pickpocking Mod (NC4T)
    Mod Updates from LittleMsSam
    Live In Services
    No Auto Food Grab after Cooking
    Transfer Inventory
    Autonomous Gardening
    Auto Brush Teeth
    Guests Only Order Drink When Not Busy
    Prefer Leftover
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    Rex needs to update again Britneepink's Sorting hat mod. And Nathan guy needs to update his misery traits He hasn't since May. I'm been testing my game all day and those two are the only ones I'm having problems with (if I have either in my game, I can't load a lot and get an error code but if I take them out of the game i can load the lot in question)
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited July 2021
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Rex needs to update again Britneepink's Sorting hat mod. And Nathan guy needs to update his misery traits He hasn't since May. I'm been testing my game all day and those two are the only ones I'm having problems with (if I have either in my game, I can't load a lot and get an error code but if I take them out of the game i can load the lot in question)

Please feel free to contact them directly about these issues. There may already be known solutions (such as removing conflicts with other mods). But when you do, "needs to" is not a phrase I recommend using. Modders do this because they want to, not because they need to. They don't owe you anything, and I've seen people quit modding entirely because players put all kinds of pressure on them. Please don't treat them likely companies you bought a product from.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top