Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thank you "toddlers"

Thank you EA, I see your tweaking of the toddlers care in the game. The family is really responding to the needs and I found if I don't interfere it is really fun to watch now and I don't have to fear the social worker.

I do speak up when I have a beef but I really love the game and speak up out of being a dedicated player.

Comments

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I don't think I say it enough, but I think 4's toddlers are the best in the entire series. I miss some small things, like them eating out of pet bowls (yes, cruel I know, but it used to make me laugh), but I think the toddler traits suit them very well and they are not miserable to have in a household.

I have never been an actual fan of toddlers, but they don't feel like the devil spawn like they were in 3 when it necessitated pet bowls at times. I wish other life stages felt as well designed and implemented.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I don't exactly mind this, but it does explain why ALL my adults AND teens are constantly peeling off tasks to chase after my toddlers. I moved my newest young adult out, because with two toddlers, two teens and the dads, it was quite crowded for him. I don't mind the teens getting an early start on Parenting - it might help them to make more informed life choices. For now, bringing the young adult home for a weekly visit or so is enough. :D

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited July 2021
    They announced that they changed something with toddlers? Did they fix the high chairs?
  • StartUpGeniusStartUpGenius Posts: 135 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    They announced that they changed something with toddlers? Did they fix the high chairs?

I noticed that my toddlers can now sit in dining chairs which they can't do before. Effect of update maybe.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

I haven't noticed that, if so, because I avoid the 'highchair'. I will have to test that.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member

I noticed that my toddlers can now sit in dining chairs which they can't do before. Effect of update maybe.

That has been in the game for a while now. As long as a chair is not slotted to a table they can sit on it.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

That has been in the game for a while now. As long as a chair is not slotted to a table they can sit on it.

Oh yeah. I see now. So really nothing has changed.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• LehmanLegacyLehmanLegacy Posts: 176 Member
    The Sims 4 toddlers are hands down their best iteration yet. They make my heart explode with love.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Sims 4 toddlers have won me over from a toddler hater who was glad that they were not in the game anymore to a toddler fan.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Sims 4 toddlers are the absolute best.
  • simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member

I think they did, I've had no issues with them now and did notice it works much better letting them use the highchair rather than them grabbing a plate. They are put in the chair, fed and taken out again without me having to do anything but watch. Also the family will sit around the table and talk to them if their social is low. I do place a highchair at each end of the table because they attach and become part of the social structure also.

This has made playing twin toddlers so much easier!
  • simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member

Do you mean chairs at the table? I've not noticed that but the highchairs do work now and I have played them a lot so it was not only one time. I had to make myself stop playing to come and post about it.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    I love, love, love toddlers.

Patiently waiting for a proper baby update now.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I've noticed some improvements as well. I didn't realize that the sims are autonomously taking care of their toddlers now but I am supportive. I did notice that townies seem to be livelier. I've seen them interacting more with each other and appearing to have more autonomous behaviors with each other rather than just walking by in a line. I do think they are making some changes to try to improve the game.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,547 Member
    edited July 2021

Mine could sit in dining chairs so long as it was against a wall. Are you suggesting that now they can actually sit next to another Sim at the table? I hope so, that would be cool.

83bienchen wrote: »

Oh, that would make my day. And I said this up front years ago that the Toddlers in Sims4 are the best EVER. Well done, EA, well done!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    I like the toddlers in this game too. I hope they will change babies to be the best we have had too.
  • LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    I think I only started playing after the toddlers patch, but they're a pain in the behind anyway. xD They can be really cute though.
  • TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member
    Sims 4 toddlers have won me over from a toddler hater who was glad that they were not in the game anymore to a toddler fan.

Same! I always disliked toddlers in TS games and even when I've started playing TS4 earlier this year I'd age them as soon as possible to avoid having them around. Now I'm actually fond of them, I never thought they could be so endearing. I'm even tempted to buy the toddler stuff pack (something which I would have never ever considered before!)
    Feel free to download content from My Gallery
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »

Me too. I hope really hope it happens soon.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I have been appreciating the Imagination animations lately.

spvXR4Y.png
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

I'm playing Sims since Sims 2, I never liked toddlers until Sims 4. They are awesome! <3<3<3

WHlxlab.png