Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I love genetics!

Comments

• HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited April 2021
    @Mikezumi Madison ages up in one more day(toddler to child) so we'll see soon! I can't wait to see who Ryder- her brother- takes after. He's currently an infant <3
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • KNORearKNORear Posts: 522 Member
    edited April 2021
    So the founders for my Romance genre legacy just had a set of twins, a boy and a girl.

The boy got Mom's hair and Dad's eyes.
    51149420304_b167bf2b38_c.jpg

Meanwhile, the girl got dad's hair and (although you can't see it) Mom's eyes.
    51149744340_5c4ca9ff6d_c.jpg

For whatever reason I just absolutely dig that lol .
    edited May 2021
    Bad news: Crashing is due to the Random Genetics mod. And it stinks because I love that mod since it gives my babies more genetic makeup, rather than just one parent. I just reinstalled it earlier and made a sim. The second I got into a house, my game crashed.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @KNORear Congrats on twins :) I always get a kick out of pigeon pairs on the rare occasion my sims have twins :)

@HillyBeth I haven't heard of my FB or forum friends having issues with the Random Genetics mod. The only thing that makes sense to me is that you have another mod that conflicts with it.
    Josh and Ian had a son, Jory.
    51189403745_548f6e4776_o.jpg

Here's a comparison pic with Jory in the middle.

51188601423_3f1f87d092_o.jpg
  • MorgaineWitchMorgaineWitch Posts: 42 Member
    92LVyLq.jpg
    This is mom Clara Epping.

Beau_Merrick.png

This is dad Beau Merrick.

07xWbUs.jpeg

This is their baby Theodora "Teddy" Epping.
    There is none of her mother in this baby at all.
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @MorgaineWitch: I disagree about Teddy having nothing from her mum but mostly because Beau can make some terrifying babies. (now you're cursed with this knowledge too!)
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    @MorgaineWitch Thanks for sharing :) I think you are wrong about who Teddy looks like. She seems to only have inherited Beau's colouring to me. If you gender switch Beau in CAS you will get a better idea of what his female offspring can look like.
    @InfraGreen
    I concede the point. Teddy definitely looks better then her alternate dimensional sibling.
    Thanks for that image by the way.

@Mikezumi
    It's possible that I'm just not seeing it because there's very limited toddler options in my game so far.
    I also think the colour of her eyes actually might be closer to Clara's after recently changing Clara's outfit.
    Teddy aged up today.

9AtJn81.jpg
    @MorgaineWitch Happy birthday, Teddy! :) I actually find the toddler stage better for seeing who a child will look like because kids don't seem to have very unique faces unless the slider positions are extreme. I can see, though, that Teddy definitely doesn't look like Beau.
    Ian and Josh had a daughter, Merryn :)
    51207712758_cfa4225c2e_o.jpg

Although the numbers show a good blend I saw Ian as soon as she was aged up to toddler.
    51206796657_bfbdfa777e_o.jpg
    51207712753_be00334fc9_o.jpg
    edited June 2021
    I absolutely adore the random genetics mod! I forgot to screencap the stats but below are Danni's (From my Romance Legacy) children.

51276199100_758efe26a8_c.jpg

This is Emment the spare since I'm playing this Legacy as a matriarchy. He got Dad's hair and Mom's eyes. He's a pretty good-looking sim, but still doesn't quite hold a candle to his sister(and the heir). (They are not twins, just close in age).

51275175536_9357c380d2_c.jpg

This is Felicity. She has her dad's lovely eyes, but the real highlight is her hair. The color is a lovely blend of both her parents, giving her a very unique look. I can't wait until they get a little older and their faces get more distinctive.

@KNORear Do you also use a hair colour mod because EA genetics only passes on one parent's hair colour or a random colour not used on either? I use the Consort Hair Color mod on occasion when I want offspring to have a blended hair colour.
    Looking forward to seeing the kids when they get older and seeing the parents so I can see who they resemble :)
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    Peter Trevelyan, my first sim born with use of the Random genetics mod, has aged up to teen.

These are his parents Alec and Jess:

p0B0NWk.jpg

And this is Peter:

skmQSJe.jpg

He definitely has more of his father in his eye shape and more of his mother in his mouth. I'm not sure about the cheeks, chin and jaw at this point.
    @PalmArrow Alec and Jess are a good looking couple! I saw his dad's eyes immediately on Peter! Looking forward to seeing how he looks when he's a YA :)
    @Mikezumi I don't have a hair color mod, I just assumed it was because of The Random Genetics Mod that I have. It could also just be a mutation, but regardless the result is really neat.
    edited June 2021
    Emment and Felicity aged up to children. I won't truly see their features until they're teens, but I like what I'm seeing so far. Also, Felicity's dress was created by Pizazz. The dress is part of a "Mommy and Me" set that can be found at the sims resource.
    51279632553_ecf653bb33_c.jpg
    51280480495_664808770c_c.jpg
    Alec and Jess' second son Nicholas has aged up to teen.

p0B0NWk.jpg

TuHex0g.jpg
    @PalmArrow Nicholas is lovely! :) It looks like he has his dad's eyes and nose and his mother's mouth.
    Thank you, @Mikezumi ! I like Nicholas a lot too.

Have Ian and Josh had any more kids? I always enjoy seeing pictures of your sims.
    @PalmArrow My boys haven't budged since I last posted pics :'( I still consider myself a simmer but am finding it hard to play lately. Not that the game is playing up, but I think I am not coping well with the pandemic and all the lockdowns we have had in Victoria, Australia, where I live. Instead I spend most of my waking hours streaming shows and mourning the loss of my weekly visits with my sister or long shopping days at my local shopping centres. I visit the forum every day to see what everyone is up to and I will fire up my game again but motivation is a little thin on the ground. I have managed to catch up with my sister more this year so hopefully life will be back to normal soon and I will feel more like myself.
    @Mikezumi , I'm sorry to hear that but I do completely understand! I've had a 10 month hiatus from simming for very similar reasons. Lockdown sounds like it should be a good time for playing but it really isn't, because all the worries that come with it just crush all creativity. I hope real life sorts itself out and you find your motivation again!
    @Mikezumi I can't play 3 at all anymore. On my desktop it crashes after a few minutes of playing and my laptop is so old the screen looks like it has glaucoma. It's got a white vignette on it. Ick.

Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    This is my current heir for the 4th and 5th generations, the first row is Aiden (Son of Felipe Jr and Kyle) and his wife Makenna, and the second row is their twin children, Afton and Renata, for the 5th generation I will pick Renata as I was longing for my generational family to finally have a girl.

51310575297_4bd96e8e02_b.jpgHeilman by Timur D. Zharkov, on Flickr

Afton is what I would call a simsychopath since he has Evil , Proper, Friendly and Charismatic traits.
    Renata is their biological daughter, she gets her eye colors from her grandfather; Felipe Jr though.. for some reason.
    ihavemultiplegamertags