Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you like Location based Aspirations?

Do you like Location based aspirations, like the ones from Island Living, City Living and Snowy Escape? For example, aspirations like Mt. Komorebi Sightseer, Beach Life, City Native.
Or do you think they should make different types of aspirations? I'm honestly just curious to see how many people like/ play with them.

Do you like Location based Aspirations? 153 votes

I love them! They help me learn about the new content in each pack!
18%
crocobauraBluegayledavidp0418JueJueimhappymcruddsimgirl1010cchant86wylmite1986Mindofymlmeadowsashcrash19emereRavager619blueyblueskySindocatannaliese39OnverserCharleyNoel9CASim1000 28 votes
They can be helpful sometimes.
23%
MichelleWdanacnbrettrhaliusIsb917luthienrisingakaniki0ChampandGirlieLoriTSpDoloresGreyMasonGamerModerateOspreyMDianaSimscalipossRedShoe7angelbearBhawkins0402Atreya33kaiwrysimspermanentroseGlacierSnow 36 votes
I hardly every use them unless I want the specific reward trait.
15%
ncisGibbs02Paigeisin5DarkLady2788YautjagirltaydevphantasmkissBabykittyjadefiercephoenix91LyrieQueenMercyEvaliynEnkiSchmidtbelpitaSuperCoolRachaelHopeyStarrCattyBetsyAuroraskiesPurpleHeather[Deleted User]Isharell 24 votes
I never use them and feel indifferent towards them.
13%
SikoahGraceMonet11TheSpotted_CBloosmoosekojranaKennziKaigeLizzychicagohalloweenchildSweetieWright_84BreazonaTomatplanteSimsSlayChicklet453681birdonawireLairaSeashoreLivianetney52SimmingalAyKooChaotatselk 21 votes
They're too easy and I dislike them.
5%
Akl500PDominicLaurencelogionGeralt_ofRiviaSharoniaGreenTurtleZoeyevestercarpe_diem 8 votes
They're a waste of an aspiration, I dislike them.
18%
auroraael14vancanuckfan86Nh6650BreeSashaMstybl95GalacticGalalexspoom13TheGreatGorlonSimplyToriHarukotyanbixterssnoepjes1210ParmaViolet87SummerStreakWinifred_Willowtexxx78ChadSims2bizuktagKyreRoenthenightcourt 28 votes
BURN THEM ALL!!!
5%
overoncatmando830A1waysAJSimKeatsScobreLiELFStrawberryYogurtNate_Whiplash1 8 votes

Comments

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I like any aspiration I can get. 😁
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    edited July 2021
    I like Mt Komorebi sightseer and the Jungle Explorer one from Jungle adventure. I like it when my sim can immerse themselves in a culture. The one from Island living felt a bit empty, there's culture there, but it doesn't feel like your sim will "go native" with the beach life aspiration. And I don't usually have sims actually live in San Myshuno (visit? Regularly. Live there? Not so much.)

That said, I wouldn't mind some additional aspirations as well that focus on other aspects of the various packs, but I understand that there's only so much that they can get done in the time they have.
    Post edited by DaWaterRat on
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Those are a do once and never ever do it again type.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    So, mine isn't up there. I like them more for personality aspect. Small town Sim that dreams of a big city life gets the City Native aspiration. Sims that aspire to live in or are bonded to Sulani get the Beach Life aspiration. Sightseerer seemed too tutorial-esque for me to really use it much.

I don't need a guide to the new content, much less in the form of an aspiration, but I do like the concept of Sims hungering for a lifestyle a new pack or world offers. I wish they were a little more tuned to that instead.
  • TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member
    I'm with @Rouensims, I welcome any new aspirations I can get in my game, I can never have enough of them - they allow me to create different Sims with distinct personalities. Also, there's a good way to motivate me to explore most features of certain locations.
    Feel free to download content from My Gallery
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    I love them, and like the flavor they add to some sims personalities, but with the caveat that I think it's best when Expansion Packs, at least, offer a location-based aspiration and at least one other new aspiration.

It's also key for me that you can finish an aspiration and then choose a new one. If we only had one lifelong aspiration, and/or couldn't change it, I would probably not use them.
  • HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 322 Member
    I’d much rather see a greater variety of aspirations, but if tutorial/location aspirations is all we’ll get, I’ll take them. Anything to give personality to my sims.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    edited July 2021
    Well I use them but I'm quite meh about them after ive done them once or twice cause well for one I don't always have my sims live in those worlds so its like i dont really feel like doing aspiration specific to them either cause it makes no sense

but tbh most sims 4 aspirations are not that fun to me in general like they just don't seem like life goals and lot of them involve just " buy this buy that go here go there raise skill points youd raise anyway and have trillion social events and know million sims and collect bunch of random item for no apparent reason

like i will literally just casually complete like 5 aspirations for each sim while doing nothing in specific about it and sometimes it includes these location ones

idk what the cottage aspiration will be but it was quite alarming seeing gamechangers accidentally completing stages of it while just chilling looking at new stuff

buut then again i really don't have expectations left
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I love them for certain sims, not for learning about pack though as I already know that stuff.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    In general they don't feel like aspirations. I mean, visiting big city x, y or z and experiencing all the cultural staples, can be a goal, but, it's generally not a thing people aspire to. These aspirations are more "practically" inclined and don't really focus on a big, long term personal development, which is what normal aspirations are more like. That said, the majority of aspirations in this game is fairly easy to achieve, so that ruin the "life goal" feel they ought to have.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    I don't really care for them. They don't really make sense for me as an aspiration, they're more of a vacation goal. An aspiration is to be like the best Astronaut in the world, or grow the largest produce ever and win the next 5 fair contests with them or something like that. I would rather they sit down and really work on giving us some poignant, useful aspirations, instead of some of the lame ones we've gotten lately. Lord/Lady of the Knits was probably the last great aspiration, and it even thematically had a great reward in that you could learn to make that monstrous sweater. The Bust the Dust ones and Snowy Escape ones though were really bad. They also keep cramming new ones into knowledge or location, and don't really work on other categories like romance or any of the other ones that only have 1-2 aspirations in them.
  • GreenTurtleGreenTurtle Posts: 153 Member
    I don't like these tutorial-esque aspirations. It takes the fun out of exploring for me.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    I like the trait that comes with the location aspirations, Home Turf. But other than matching the starting trait to my sims' personalies and farming some of the lower tiers for points when it is convenient, I do not play with aspirations (Yes, I miss out on the reward traits, but I just can't be bothered with the restricting structure.). For point farming the location aspirations are pretty good, except for the San Myshuno one that requires giving a key to a neighbor.
  • rhaliusrhalius Posts: 446 Member
    They are some of the better aspirations for the most part, which is not saying much for them though because most are pretty terrible.

I mainly hate it that it's all too easy and it has switched from being a life goal to just a check mark and you can complete all of them if you want to.

I rather have harder to achieve goals and have it affect the Sim's personality and whims more.

To me the perfect thing would be if a life goal of a sim is a more continuous thing.

Like you have the end goal which gives a crazy amount of lifetime happiness points, but they also get a few things that gives them more happiness points than other sims, stuff they could always do.
    Like for example the serial romantic getting extra happiness points every time they woohoo and a stronger buff afterwards, maybe even more so when it is with a new conquest they have not woohood with before.
    Or the super star athlete getting extra happiness points whenever their team wins.
    Or the mage whenever they win another duel.
    It would be a short list of things you never have to lock in as a wish or whim or such, but what's always there.

But as a counter to that, each life goal should come with greater fear of setbacks keeping them from their life goal.
    Like that serial romantic getting rejected for woohoo would hit them harder.

I suppose it would all be more of a life style.

I disabled lifestyles myself because I can't control that, and its handled poorly in game. Should be in CAS and should not change based on what Sims do.
  • TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    They're fine. The one thing I think they could improve on for all aspirations is that I wish each one offered a very unique reward that you can only get from completing that specific aspiration. All of the location-based aspirations - at least from my experience - have rewards that I can get from doing other, easier things in the game. This is another form of recycling that makes the game frustrating. Getting the Laid-Back trait is the same thing as using points to buy Carefree for my sim - so why would I be motivated to complete the Beach Life aspiration? Would've been better to maybe unlock a new location (maybe go behind the waterfall or into the cave and be able to get new collectables) or never get tired when doing Island Living activities or going to lots in Sulani.

This is why I'm mostly indifferent - I've had sims complete these aspirations but mostly because they were done with a more fruitful aspiration. I'd play them more if they offered something truly special.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited July 2021
    Most of them are too easy and feel like tutorials. Some location based aspiration goals can be fun to complete.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I quite like the aspirations generally so 'sometimes' for me. The location based ones I never touched. I only have city living that gives a location based aspiration and I have never given it to one sim.

The game desperately needs new aspirations (and more traits), but they need to be relevant for all worlds, not just one

I like the aspirations - location based ones are completely pointless, imo.

Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited July 2021
    I'm not a fan of the location based aspirations but then that's because I prefer aspirations to be more meaningful and not easily achieved.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I like most of the aspirations; especially the cool Mt. K athletic/location,
    Vampire/Spellcaster Knowledge/Outdoor & JTB Star Wars. B):p
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    BURN THEM ALL!!!
    My Sims have no aspirations, no morals and no hope
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I like the idea well enough. People do have goals to live in specific places. I'm not going to use it unless I really want to play in that place, though.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Love them. My Sims are working hard at becoming beach bums. Gotta eat that coconut.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    None of the options reflect my play style…

I believe Jungle Explorer, Archaeology Scholar and Outdoor Enthusiast are the location aspirations I’ve used most so far. I don’t do aspirations for the rewards really but only because they suit my sims’ character and/or the narrative I’m playing out with these guys. Because hey, if I want a reward I cheat a reward. 😇
    I spend a lot of time in The Jungle…in-game and …*glances over at back yard…😣….anyway, OP I haven’t done the ones you mentioned yet, but I think it’s good to have them available. I prefer adventure quests and I take my time exploring these. I have very little interest in rushing through aspirations by getting boxes ticked as quick as possible. It’s not how I can enjoy this game and for that reason I haven’t done many of them yet.

But…Perhaps one day I’ll create a dude to do that easy beach life aspiration. I’ll make him wear a ridiculous pair of Bermuda shorts, get him to drink Cupid Juice all day long, give him nasty sunburns and let him peer into the many sunsets until a gorgeous mermaid lures him into the ocean with her beautiful siren song and gets him killed by a Great White.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I like all aspirations, but I think I have finished only a couple or so of them with my sims. I tend to change them according to the story and gameplay progression, and sometimes I just ignore them completely.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    I guess this option fits best.

I choose aspirations for sims based on personality or storytelling. I've used the location aspirations for that purpose probably about as much as any other aspiration. I don't focus on trying to complete the aspirations much while playing. I tend to let them progress naturally by just playing my story.

My only criticism of the location based aspirations is that sims get a happy moodlet (from the "home turf" trait) while in their own home neighborhood instead of while in the world that the aspiration is for. So if my sim lives in Willow Creek and I gave them the Komorebi Sightseer aspiration in CAS, they will have a happy "home turf" moodlet while at home in Willow Creek and then lose the happy moodlet when they finally get to go to Mt Komorebi. This seems... weird.

Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".