Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Renovate My House...

Comments

• JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    I like your version @icanhassims, the outside is very authentic to the decoy and the colours inside are pretty and cohesive.
  • icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    Thank you so much @JojoMOMSTER! Your build is so cute!
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
  • nali272nali272 Posts: 431 Member
    Thanks for Participating!!!

@icanhassims - Beautiful minimal landscaping and exterior color choice. Love how much you were able to get in that small backyard. Liberty will enjoy that hot tube. The 2nd floor is a lovely calming layout. I love all of the greens and tan/browns you choose. Adorable reading nook with a fireplace and great choice in the placement of the office off of it. Wonderful laundry room. Nice 1st-floor bathroom so that guests do not have to go upstairs. The spatial layout of the 1st floor is amazing, although the space is small it does not feel cramped. Again the colors are calming and help with the overall feel of the open floor plan.

tHCa8UC.jpg

@JojoMOMSTER - The landscaping and exterior color are wonderful. The table and chairs will come in handy for the days that liberty wants to sit outside. Liberty is delightfully surprised that there was room to add a side porch. The shiplap-looking walls are an excellent throwback to the historic nature of the other houses on the block. But all of the furniture and décor choices read transitional! The master suite is great. I like the kitchen counter layout and the built-in computer desk. The living room is spacious and the guest will enjoy the downstairs bathroom.

kFApZ0O.jpg
    Try my challenge - make these builds better. (star the page for notifications)
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    AsPQsz5.jpg

The RMHCathouse Briefing:

Background - Henry Kits has had a busy life and is now retiring. Unfortunately, that life did not foster a life partner or children so he adopted some cats. While he was busy working he also ignored the repairs needed for his home. Now that he is retiring and did nothing with his money he wants to renovate his fixer-upper. The house was added to over the years so it really does not have a style. It is up to you to find one for it.

Gallery Lot ID: RMHCathouse BUDGET: $125,000 Lot size: 30x20 Floorplan: 2 story 2bd 1ba Lot/World I used: Sporting Space, Brindleton Bay

Gallery Link: Cathouse

Household Gallery Link: Henry_Kits

Exterior style:
    Hodgepodge - please create one for the current build.

Interior style:
    Traditional - you may add rooms or expand current ones.
    (Any removed trash, plumbing, walls, and floors do not count toward your budget. Any windows, doors, appliances, and furniture do count towards the budget. If there is already a pool on the property, shrinking or removal count toward your budget.)

Landscape Style:
    Cat friendly.

Issues to resolve / things to know: (MOO is on)
    • Clean up the yard and make it cat friendly
    • All of the basics, kitchen, dining, living, maintain 2 bedrooms add a 2 piece bathroom downstairs if possible. Keep office.
    • Increase the size of the kitchen.
    • Find or create a room for the cats and their things.
    • Create a place in the yard for reading and relaxing.

Gallery TAG: #RMHCathouse - Things are getting a little busy for me so I am going to expand the due date DUE 7/30/21
    r5SfsXv.jpg
    kGkrfxA.png
    S50OLmk.png
    843O3n5.png
    5cnSyjo.png

Slide Show: https://imgur.com/a/ytAg7lq
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    That is a fun new challenge! thank you for your comments on my Rowhouse build.
    Thank you for the lovely comments, @nali272!! And, being a cat person myself, I'm looking forward to this new challenge! :)
    @icanhassims & @JojoMOMSTER , you are welcome. I hope you enjoy the next one too.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    Origin ID: icanhassims
    Link to the gallery: Cathouse Remodel
    Do you want feedback from anyone? Sure!
    Link to more photo/slideshow: https://icanhassims.weebly.com/cathouse-remodel.html
    Leftover funds: 69,853
    Construction Notes: The color light green seemed to be the only consistent part of the build, so I decided to try and stick with that as a color palette. I went for a comfy, homey vibe so that both humans and cats would feel at home, including several places for the cats to relax and play. In fact, I built a separate building in the backyard to be used as a cattery! It's a two-story building with plenty of toys and sleeping areas to accommodate all a cat's playful and sleepy needs. A small back porch was included as part of the kitchen extension, allowing room for a BBQ (and what cat wouldn't love scraps from that!). There is also a lovely backyard reading spot under a tree with hanging laterns. A natural pond was uncovered during construction, and additional natural coverage was planted to complement it. In addition, several planters filled with various forms of catnip were added to the front of the house, to keep those cats going crazy.
    Pictures:
    07-04-21-11-49-05-am_orig.png

Other sides of the build:
    07-04-21-11-49-25-am.png
    07-04-21-11-49-49-am.png
    07-04-21-11-50-16-am.png

Top-down views:
    07-04-21-11-50-46-am.png
    07-04-21-11-51-10-am.png
    07-04-21-11-51-15-am.png

Few other screenshots:
    07-04-21-11-37-17-am.png
    07-04-21-11-45-54-am.png
    07-04-21-11-47-32-am.png
    07-04-21-11-48-02-am.png
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    Very nice @icanhassims I love your picnic area under the tree!
    Thank you @AlJay! <3
    Wow @icanhassims the cats got a house all to themselves!!! :D Cannot wait to look inside.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    @nali272 my cats would loooove to have their own little playground. Hahaha
  • msmunkiemsmunkie Posts: 36 Member
    @icanhassims my cats would love to have that sunny, safe house! Sticking with the soft green turned out to make a very peaceful colour palette.
    Thank you @msmunkie! It really does look like a cat paradise. lol
    Origin ID:AlJay2000
    Gallery name & Link: For the Love of Cats
    Do you want feedback from anyone? Sure!
    Link to slideshow: RMH - Cathouse
    Total Cost: $75,305.00
    Notes: I chose to give Henry's house a Victorian style. Using rich woods on the interior and green as the color choice for most of the house. The former office was left as it, but has been turned into a dining room (I had trouble fitting everything in on the first floor). The office was moved upstairs into the cat's bedroom, that way he can write his book in the company of his cats while they lounge or play nearby. The property is fenced to keep the cats in (if that is possible) and there is a koi pond and a butterfly garden in the front yard for the cats to enjoy. The back yard has a cat tree house and an obstacle course if Henry ever decides to train any his cats.
    Pictures:
    wQ6vgJT.png
    zhOCFjn.png
    Exterior
    Left side
    gMKjL3B.png
    Back
    d3aaAms.png
    Right Side
    jgeDxJg.png
    Overhead Views
    eGRjwZO.png
    jUL6YRM.png

That is a super cute home @AlJay
    Thank you @jojomomster :)
    Wow, @AlJay , it doesn't even look like the same house... cannot wait to tour it.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    Thank you @nali272 !
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    RENOVATE MY HOUSE RMHCathouse
    Origin ID: PINKUSFANILY
    Do you want feedback ? Yes Please
    Amount of funds used: BUDGET: $125,000 Gallery cost $ 105,922 left over funds $19,078
    Construction Notes: I had fun creating this house. I enjoyed making it Cat friendly. I don't build enough with Cats n Dogs in mind, or in BrindletonBay for that matter. We changed the exterior style to make it a Victorian style . Totally changed the landscaping style and made the whole lot outside & in Cat friendly right down to the lot trait of "Cat hangout". Inside tried to keep to the original layout, extended the kitchen to make it bigger so it would fit a table for sit down dining. Added a small bath to the main floor as requested. There are now 2 rooms for the Cats, one on the main floor with windows from floor to ceiling. The other cat room is also the extra bed room on the 2nd floor. The back yard has a nice patio with a BBQ and a nice seating area for reading and relaxing.
    Link to more photos Album
    Link to the gallery: " The Cats Meow "

217583833_3055614671325270_8403093644982626908_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=F_u3eYPSEncAX8peuDn&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=9095aaeff5e9f0cecd2f0b63b1ac8ca0&oe=60FD28F7
    218320762_3055629617990442_8388916640825551742_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=gNtuNV0mYdwAX90OrFW&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=986162a413f843b8f9bcbf509343049d&oe=60FC6742218094558_3055630391323698_2133258862029580340_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=65s3IUmh93UAX8ddjla&tn=PGtiaGoc-kCh7r_m&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=58b9e362908b30f85733968582f69f84&oe=60FD09DD218311770_3055665324653538_6419745418785679941_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=RXq2nt9y3DIAX91Z01i&tn=PGtiaGoc-kCh7r_m&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=09fc861af4a289aa5a06b99e16fee8a6&oe=60FC0520218123511_3055666154653455_6656499637826275299_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=FaSs7ZEVrrcAX9YzLEq&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=5b16eba739eeb8ae51bcba03d8b94880&oe=60FC16E9218316274_3055698697983534_7290975863018893146_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=ygR6_WxpBqEAX8-vZtj&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=9bbe9662d6cfa4608e7ba1dd35259a5c&oe=60FD3A65

@Pinkusfamily from the pics it looks like a beautiful home. cannot wait to look inside.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    9Ma7C8N.jpg
    For participating in RMHCathouse challenge…

gtwlUer.jpg

@icanhassims - The exterior design has a beautiful color scheme. The mint green really pops. Nice addition of all the different zones around the yard. The rocking chair on the front porch is adorable. Henry will enjoy reading books under the tree with the rugs and I think his cats will enjoy that area too. The cattery appears to be the cat's meow! lol. It is great that they have their own entry. The interior green color scheme is just as beautiful. The Upstairs layout is awesome, Henry thanks you for the extra bathroom and the water closets. Any future guest (or owners) will enjoy that secondary bedroom and bathroom. Wonderful expansion of the kitchen and creating a dining space. The sliding back door to the patio is the feature he didn't know he needed. Did you expand the study, for some reason, it looks bigger? Better but bigger! Fantastic ½ bathroom addition on the 1st floor. The living room is just right for Henry. He will enjoy sitting there watching TV or on the couch in front of the fireplace reading a book or napping.

@AlJay - The Victorian style is a great match for this house. The exterior color is timeless. The different zones in the yard will be used by both Henry and his cat family. It is beautifully decorated. The cat tree house is so adorable. Loving the back porch addition! It will be a wonderful spot to chat with the neighbors or take a nap. The reading nook under the tree is a great place to read a book. Soooo the upstairs renovation, I am scratching my head on how exactly you did it, but it is a great reno. I like how you flipped the space, so it seems larger. The warm Victorian color scheme is inviting. All your CC art brings the spaces to life, especially in that dining room, wonderful use the round table there. Henry thanks you for the kitchen expansion and giving each cat their own food bowl. The ½ bathroom on the 1st floor will make Henry’s life easier and his guest happy. The living room is a cozy spot to watch TV, read a book, chat with guests or just enjoy the fireplace on a cold night. The downstair reno is just as gorgeous as the upstairs, I like the separations of the rooms without it feeling constricted.

@Pinkusfamily - The Victorian style is a wonderful match for this home. The mixed stone and siding exterior is an elegant blend. The stained-glass windows are not something that I would have remembered to add to the build if I was doing it, they are an ideal addition. The double-decker porch on the front of the house is outstanding. The yard is marvelously designed, and the different zones will keep Henry and the cats entertained all day. All the vines, growing up the house adds an old-world feel to it. The fencing with gates is beautiful too. The closed-in porch on the back of the house for the cats will be a nice place for them to play and get out of Henry’s hair while staying safe. The stained-glass windows in the living room are perfectly executed alongside the fireplace making it relaxing and cozy. The foyer is lovely, I like all the knickknacks. Henry’s thanks you for the 1st-floor ½ bath and the expansion of the kitchen. The tiling on the walls stands out in the design. Henry didn’t think about a gym, nice use of the extra space you created upstairs. And nice flip of the rooms, Henry will enjoy his sun-drenched master bedroom with the other set of stained-glass windows. It feels like it matches him to a T. Nice redesign of the former primary bedroom into a guest/cat room.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    AsPQsz5.jpg

The RMHCondo Briefing:

Background - The Hugo and Emery Adams family bought a 4 unit apartment building and would like to become landlords. They have decided that they will convert 2 units into their home and rent out the other two. They do not know if they want to go up or across for their unit and need your help making that choice. They have 2 children that will need to be accommodated for as well. You only need to do their abode for now, because the plan is to be able to live on the property while renovating the other units BUT if you have money left over to do a sprucing up that would be great.

Gallery Lot ID: RMHRMHCondo BUDGET: $125,000 Lot size: 40x_30 Floorplan: 2 story 12bd 4ba Lot/World I used: Rippling Flats, Newcrest

Gallery Link: RMHCondo
    Household Gallery Link: Adams Family

Exterior style:
    Condo

Interior style:
    They don't really have a style per se, He likes traditional and she likes things to be tidy and airy.
    • Any removed trash, plumbing, walls, and floors do not count toward your budget.
    • Any windows, doors, appliances, and furniture do count towards the budget.
    • If there is already a pool on the property, shrinking or removal count toward your budget.

Landscape Style:
    Condo

Issues to resolve / things to know: (MOO is on)
    • Determine if the reno will be a flat or townhouse style.
    • A master suite for Emery and Hugo
    • A bedroom for each child
    • If the condo is a flat the children can share a bathroom with guests. If the condo is a townhouse please add a 1/2 bathroom downstairs for guests.
    • All of the other essentials: kitchen, living, and dining room.
    • A community garden
    • A community laundry room somewhere on the property.
    • Fix up the pool.
    • Do some kind of landscaping.
    • Change the exterior color, but make it clear that that there a 3 units.
    • If there is any money left over and you have time, spruce up the other 2 units. (all the basic and make them one-bedroom units)

Gallery TAG: #RMHCondo - DUE 8/27
    v1YL31n.png
    BELUvUP.jpg
    ytP6KOk.jpg
    W9qq6gD.png
    k8Kv90n.png

Slide Show: https://imgur.com/a/AoEhxX3
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    Thank you for such a wonderful review @nali272! I actually didn’t re-size the study at all! Must’ve just been the different furniture I used. :)

Looking forward to this next challenge!
    Thank you @nali272 for your kind comments :)
    I've already got ideas running through my head for the next challenge, lol!