Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4: Coastal Lifestyle EP

FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
edited May 2022 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
New coastal world
Santorini-inspired world based on Santorini, Greece and Greek cliffside towns.
Intrepid-Travel-greece_santorini_oia_ss-464541938.jpg
6d.jpg

House boats
Sail around the coast with your own personal house boat! Live directly off the sea by catching fish. But don‘t get swallowed by the Kraken!
ts3_islandparadise_houseboat.jpg

Cliffside lots
Enjoy an amazing view of the sea at sloped terrain lots right at the cliffs. Build awesome cliffside balcony houses!
zexA6Zw.png
4-C7-F3-C0-B-4-DD0-42-EA-B0-A8-B56-BC62525-D2.jpg

Hotel resorts
Manage your own hotel resort complex.
You can fix up an old abandoned hotel, buy an existing resort or build a new one.
65557636.jpeg

Scuba diving in the Mediterranean Sea
Find amazing places directly under the Mediterranean sea, such as ship wrecks, coral reefs and sunken ruins. Beware of sharks! You can actually SEE & control your Sims while scuba diving. Also find new types of fish that you can put in a huge aquarium.
ts3-islandparadise-launch-04.jpg

Skills & Artisan crafts
Make your own pottery with the pottery wheel.
Craft stone sculptures of Sims and objects like ancient Greek artists with the Sculpting skill.
Glass blowing to craft glass furniture & jewelry.
p4-4-1391x695.jpg
Pottery wheel
MTS_Michelle111-1216518-PotteryWheelDarkwood.jpg
Greek pottery
Griechische_Vasen%2C_1898_vintage_poster_of_ancient_greek_pottery_styles.jpg
Sculpting
atuaU76.jpg
a256aFi.gif
Post edited by FreezerBunnyCowplant on

Comments

• EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    No offense but pottery, houseboats, and an Greece style world already have been suggested. Just letting you know.
  • DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 292 Member
    Wouldn't be against it if pack did something new like added hotels and maybe possibility of living on stuff like yachts.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I have just been thinking that they haven't fully done coastal style. I'd be interested in the Greek theme. Another that they haven't actually done is the type of coastal in the American southeast. They did a New England theme and a more Hawaiian/Polynesian theme but they have not done the style of coastal found in the warmer American southeast such as in North and South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Bermuda and other areas with coastlines. It is a popular contemporary style:

coastal-living-room-2444801-25513-1.jpg

c3f39cf8a22398d22e0644a2594cf17f--beige-living-rooms-beach-themes.jpg

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.onecms.io%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F24%2F2020%2F06%2F06%2Fgettyimages-525981286-2000.jpg&q=85

pink-and-green-preppy-decor-quadrille-sisal-rug.png

espadrille_beach_front_xl.jpg

front-house-patriotic.jpg?resize=650%2C929&ssl=1

5-20DesignMain.jpg

BanksChannel-1.jpg

gallery-hawaii2.jpg

While they have done some American styles, that one has not really been added. It is not really like New England especially with the wider white beams, the warmer colors and the different type of nautical/beach style. I could see that as a kit at least or possibly with a different beach. Along with that, we have not seen Caribbean style.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited July 2021
    EliteGirl wrote: »
    No offense but pottery, houseboats, and an Greece style world already have been suggested. Just letting you know.

That‘s why I think combining them into an EP sounds like a great idea! A nice Greek blue & white cliffside coastal world with new crafting hobbies and houseboats is awesome!
    shutterstockRF_1022534983.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,111 Member
    We can have goat in that expansion? I mean, goat is part of the mediterranean/greek culture
    Mak27 wrote: »
    We can have goat in that expansion? I mean, goat is part of the mediterranean/greek culture

Yes that would be possible! Especially since we already have the groundwork for animals in Cottage Living, so adding goats wouldn‘t be so hard!
    a256aFi.gif
    edited July 2021
    Well, I would like to have a world based off of Greece, with pottery and houseboats, but I don't like the crafting options because that would be too hard (no offense) except for the pottery wheel. The pottery wheel seems cool.
    edited July 2021
    Well, I would like to have a world based off of Greece, with pottery and houseboats, but I don't like the crafting options because that would be too hard (no offense) except for the pottery wheel. The pottery wheel seems cool.

Pottery wheel also fits Greek culture since ancient Romans used to do pottery on a pottery wheel
    amphora.jpg?w=558
    Sculpting is another thing ancient Romans did so it would fit to Greek culture. Especially sculpting and immortalizing Sims.
    image13-7.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
    I hope we could get actual diving in this pack, where we can explore places below the sea like in Sims 3
    SNReviewEEduiken7.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Wow, some of those pictures reminded me of the movie "Momma Mia".
    edited July 2021
    Don't forget including gondola boats, since in Greece you can ride the gondola boats, eat pasta and pizza at a restaurant, and get your sims' portrait done by Sim artists, visit coliseums like the ones from Rome? I have seen a Greece like world mentioned in the Sims 4 thread by someone in the "The Sims" forum.
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    Don't forget including gondola boats, since in Greece you can ride the gondola boats, eat pasta and pizza at a restaurant, and get your sims' portrait done by Sim artists, visit coliseums like the ones from Rome? I have seen a Greece like world mentioned in the Sims 4 thread by someone in the "The Sims" forum.

You may be thinking about Italy, which would also be an awesome idea
    edited July 2021
    MichelleW wrote: »

You may be thinking about Italy, which would also be an awesome idea

Thanks. I totally thought Greece was like that too. I think I got the two confused.
    Post edited by EliteGirl on
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,018 Member
    That‘s why I think combining them into an EP sounds like a great idea! A nice Greek blue & white cliffside coastal world with new crafting hobbies and houseboats is awesome!
    shutterstockRF_1022534983.jpg

I really like you suggestion. I would love a world based on the pictures you’ve shared.
    Thank you 😊🎉

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Personally, I would love an Ancient Greece with Mythology Immortals, Creatures, Hercules & Xena. :p;)
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Personally, I would love an Ancient Greece with Mythology Immortals, Creatures, Hercules & Xena. :p;)

Maybe we could get a centaur occult or werewolf?
    a256aFi.gif
  • bloodydarkanglbloodydarkangl Posts: 74 Member
    I would a Greek themed world, but dedicating a whole expansion pack to beach/coastal lifestyle would cause major backlash since we already have Island Living (which had its own issues).
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    I like the idea of a greek world, but we already have coastal worlds with Brindleton Bay and Island living. That and Island Living is lacking, so I'd feel ripped off if I had to buy another EP to get real scuba diving.
  • ChillGarboChillGarbo Posts: 27 Member
    if they come up with a mediterranean theme pack it would be nice to plant and olive and make our own olive oil also wine making could be nice to have back.
    ChillGarbo wrote: »
    if they come up with a mediterranean theme pack it would be nice to plant and olive and make our own olive oil also wine making could be nice to have back.

Awesome idea!
    a256aFi.gif
  • bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    I love the idea of a Greece inspired world. It would be so lovely to have the blue and white buildings with the pink flowers. I'd especially love to see it terraced like that. They really do need to give us an underwater world that allows us to follow our sims when they scuba dive. I hate that diving is a rabbit hole in Island Living. Like seriously? They couldn't have made the underwater area its own neighborhood? If they do eventually give us the ability to follow sims underwater then they need to patch Island Living to make it possible there as well. Houseboats are definitely something I'd like to see come back. This is silly, but the news foods they would add make me happy as well. You can't have a Greek pack without baklava, gyros, dolmadakia, halva, spanikopita, and lamb souvlaki. I used to go to the Greek food festival in my town, and it is *chef's kiss*. Maybe this pack could also be the return of nectar making? I dunno. There is so much I still want from this game, and I'll admit that I feel like they wasted a lot of time and resources on that stupid Star Wars crap.

I've been wanting worlds modeled after Greece and Morocco for a long time now. We got the Moroccan kit, which is beautiful, but I want the world too. It doesn't really fit in with what we have right now.
    I really want cliffside terrain lots like the beach lots in Sulani, but without the water.
    80164-E40-99-C4-43-FF-BB3-E-94863-DE3-FEC3.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
    I hope the world looks like this with a cliffside village
    Santorini-Urlaub-Oia-Hotels-Erfahrungen.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
    I also hope we‘ll get sculpting back. I want to be able to immortalize Sims in stone as a statue like in Sims 3.
    129471412.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
    Hammocks would fit into this pack theme as well! I want hammocks from Sims 2 to return!
    E8rHjllXMAM6HwN?format=jpg&name=large
    We just got hammocks in Sims Mobile, I‘d like to have hammocks in Sims 4 as well!
    a256aFi.gif