Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rotary Phones?

2...Next

Comments

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    I would like the options of having different style of landlines from the one in Mary Poppins either a wall one maxresdefault.jpg or 5790f3531f5d664dd3f7a03d3a2ac5df.jpg

Telephone1.jpg

and there's another style I can't really describe

6adMCGP.gif
  • NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    Okay, I should probably rephrase.

Who in this day and age, under the age of 50 still has a landline? C'mon people. It's the future.

I'm in my early 20s and I will never own a cellphone.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    I would like the options of having different style of landlines from the one in Mary Poppins either a wall one maxresdefault.jpg or 5790f3531f5d664dd3f7a03d3a2ac5df.jpg

Telephone1.jpg

and there's another style I can't really describe

I really need both of these. The black rotatry sets in the foyer of the Collonwood house. It just seems so empty in my game without it. One sets in the drawing room, too. There doesn't seem to be any other phones in the house (bedrooms) other than the one from the 1800's over in the closed west wing. A landline is so important to the type of stories I play. I also play S.H. around 1940 and Mrs. Hudson needs that phone.

One thing I hope for future games is they don't force all Sims to have gadgets in their pockets. That is limiting how I want to play what story. But they said they had moved on to the future past newspapers and landlines....middle America still has both. West coast/East coast just doesn't realize there are reg. folks who still use these things. Heck it was only recently we no longer had to suscribe to internet through the phone company anymore but could get internet through other providers. Geez.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • FrejaFreja Posts: 159 Member
    remember phones in TS1 series? when someone would randomly call your sim to tell about the weather, or lottery winnings. just needed to make it on time to answer the phone. pretty much impossible if sim was sleeping at the time the phone rang :joy:
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Past the half-century mark, and our household has no landline. (Also, we get a kick texting each other instead of yelling room to room sometimes.) But I would like optional rotary phones for my Sims, because they are not me and because rotary phones epitomize "landline". Also, I would like my Sims to sometimes get annoyed while waiting for the dial to turn back to start so they can do the next number. I'm sure I've lost hours of my life to that, hours I will never get back.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    East Coast still has landlines as well as newspaper still being delivered to households as I should know since I live on the East Coast. Our utility(phone/electric) lines in some areas are just underground instead on the poles where the power lines used to be. When new neighborhoods are built, they are all underground now while some of the older areas still have power poles. I see at least 3-4 times a day the Verizon people outside in my yard working on some of the larger boxes that houses people phone and internet lines. And I still see newspapers being sold in the store for those people who don't want to pay the cost of a 6 month to a year or 2 subscriptions. And if someone should describe for the newspaper, they do have the option of getting it delivered to the house or get the e-Edition instead. So the East Coast still have both despite what anyone thinks... ;)
  • AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    I do have landline but I never used it. It never ring either, but we still pay the bill
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • BbearBbear Posts: 55 Member
    Id love to have wall/home phones again! I know sims 4's smart phones are more current, but house phones and wall phones are still used, and they make cute and classic decor items :)
    <3 We have TODDLERS!!!
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    Isn't it funny how EA will come up with an eco pack talking 'bout save the planet, use less electronics, leave Earth resorces where they belong but forces all kinds of electronics on our Sims such as mobile phones lol.
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited July 2017
    Please bring back landline phones!

Remember, they also brought back the gaming consoles. :)
    a256aFi.gif
  • Cheese_babyCheese_baby Posts: 1 New Member
    BRING BACK HOUSE PHONES!!
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    There is this red phone booth in game now and hopefully they make this usable in the future. For our new country farm pack coming, it would be just perfect to bring back the beloved and very well missed landline ☎️
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    I have an amplified landline phone in my home because I'm hard-of-hearing.
  • EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    I agree that we need landline phones and wall phones.