Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• sassytxbratsassytxbrat Posts: 225 Member
    Mia Patina
    July 9
    Week 10 Saturday

2021-06-27-08_52_08-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1
    ~Teresa~
    My Sims 4 Gallery // EA ID: TSmetana
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    July 5 - Del Sol Valley - Meet & Greet Social Event

fan-meet-and-greet.png
    After the exciting news of Sakura's pregnancy, they got ready to head to Orchid A Go Go for the Meet & Greet Social Event. This was something that Sakura's agent had suggested so that she would get more exposure and increase her fame. Her agent had told her it would only be for a few hours.

They arrived, and almost immediately, Sakura was surrounded by fans. She couldn't believe how many sims had actually come out. And, of course, they wanted her to pose for pictures, which she gladly did.

giving-jeb-an-autograph-tues.png

Sakura saw Jeb and shared the news that she was expecting, and that they were moving to Evergreen Harbor when the baby was born. Jeb was super excited to hear the news. He reminded Sakura that he was from Evergreen Harbor, and lived in the Grims Quarry neighborhood, so he knew the place well.

Jeb told Wolfgang that he thought that most of the Green Technicians worked in Port Promise, because that was an area they were trying to revitalize. Sakura thanked Jeb and actually signed an autograph for him.

AND-CLARA-FOR-AUTOGRAPH.png

EVERYONE-EXCITED-ABOUT-SAKURA.png

Sakura went into the lounge, and even more fans were there calling her name.

MELODY-CAME-TO-MEET-AND-GREET.png

Even her friend, Melody, from the Plumbobs, was at the event! Sakura went around and chatted with everyone, thanking them for coming to the event.

doing-a-musical-number.png

Since she had so many fans there, she decided to do a musical number for them.

throwing-simoleons-at-sakura.png

Some of the fans liked it to much, they were throwing simoleons at her. That had never happened before.

After chatting with a few more fans, someone asked her to dance, and suddenly the place was hopping.

rocking-the-house-down.png

summoning-grilled-cheese.png\

After that workout, Sakura was hungry. And then I remembered she could summon a grilled cheese sandwich, which is exactly what she did. Ahhh...grilled cheese never tasted so good.
    fan-meet-and-greet-done-sakura-tues.png

sakura-showing-a-bit-2nd-trimester.png

And Sakura is now in her 2nd trimester, and my gosh she's showing a bit.

orchid-a-gogo-meet-and-greet.png

Once the Meet and Greet was over, Sakura decided to stay for a few more hours as there were so many fans. She and Wolfgang took to the stage and performed for everyone.

posing-for-papparazzi-in-meet-and-greet.png

And it seemed that word had spread that there was a celebrity at the lounge. She even had a paparazzi start taking photos of her, so she decided to pose for them. When she did that, they were really thrilled and kept shouting her name to look this way and look that way.

bribing-to-leave-weds.png

Another hour had passed, and she was starting to get tired. Two more paparazzi came into the club, but Sakura was just too tired to pose for them, so she just gave them some simoleons instead and told them she was really just too tired, and asked them to leave.

go-now-leave.png

And it looks like the paparazzi have found a new sim to adore. Sakura gets a new fame quirk. Paparazzi Darling.
    fame-quirk-sakura-paparazzi-darling.png

Wolfgang came over and saw how tired she was looking.

ty-wolfgang-weds.png

Wolfgang: "Sakura, it looks like you could use a back rub. Luckily I am here to give you one," he said as he rubbed her shoulders.

Sakura felt tired, and it felt like her feet were swelling in the shoes she had on and her skirt seemed to be fitting tighter. Sakura put her hand on her stomach and where it had been flat when the evening started, now it almost felt like there was a little baby bump there. Wow! So fast?

my-gosh-dear-look-at-you.png

And it seemed that Wolfgang noticed she had a little baby bump, too.

Sakura: "Wolfgang, would you like to feel the baby?"

Wolfgang looked at her and nodded his head, "I'll be very gentle, Sakura. This is truly amazing, my love. And your stomach is so warm. Just keeping our little one all warm and snuggy inside..." he said as he put his hands gently on her stomach.

baby-you-look-amazing-weds.png

Wolfgang told Sakura that she looked so beautiful. Sakura smiled at Wolfgang. Only a sim who truly loves you would tell you that you look amazing when you're pregnant and your feet are swelling. Wolfgang really did love Sakura.

Sakura: "Wolfgang, no matter how famous I get, I will always love you..." and with that she gave him a kiss.

Wolfgang: "And I will always love you, Sakura. Come on, I don't want you to get tired. Let's go home..." he said as he took her hand in his and led her out the door.

i-love-you-wolfgang-no-matter-how-famous-i-will-be.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

During the Meet & Greet, my game crashed and I had to re-play it; however, Wolfgang was in a different shirt the second time. I had created a nice outfit for him, and then when it crashed, I just used one of the outfits he already had (the one with the long red shirt). I wanted to use the photo when he was feeling the baby, and then realized that he was in another shirt. Oh well! Anyway, she finished her Meet & Greet and all is well again.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited July 2021
    July - Day 9: "People always tell you who they are, you just have to listen."

oUh4LzL.png

Notes
    sIBsjZ4.png
    Essa returned from work the next day with yet another promotion! She was now a Level 6 Machine Modifier with more pay and less hours. Best of all, she'd earned more vacation time as well. Congrats Essa!

mblXqF0.png
    Inna showed up again, walking through the front door from...somewhere. Essa was able to meet her this time since Josh was busy looking for treasures in a dumpster across the street. The girls were napping.

FJAhR77.png
    "Josh tells me you showed up here a couple days ago and refused to give your name."
    "That's correct. Such a lovely understanding young man. And so handsome!"

561Sm3k.png
    "Please forgive me, I mean no disrespect, but... are you crazy or something? Why would you choose to be a ghost separated from your family over living again to be with those who love you?"

6eOXmEH.png
    "Ah, but I was not really alive, was I? You know I was/am a vampire, correct?"
    "Of course I do, no other being except a vampire would burn to death from the sun. But you still lived, you loved, had a family. Really the only difference is you need plasma instead of food. But that's really your 'food.' Come on."

qfcwE9l.png
    "Well, yes, I had a good life, love, laughter, wealth, a family, many friends and...immortality. Or so I thought."

eTx07gv.png
    "However, you can not know what it's like to live as a vampire unless you have been or are one yourself. I did not choose to be a vampire, it was thrust upon me. My mortal life and all the joys and pleasures that it entails was taken from me. No longer could I bask in the warmth and light of the sun that I so loved. I became a creature of the night, a monster who feared the sun, forced to drink plasma for sustenance."

HJvkmi2.png
    "Now I carry the warmth of the sun inside me, I don't need plasma, I don't need anything or fear anything, I'm free to just...be! I can go anywhere, do anything, dance in the rain, sing to the sun, and play as a child for however long I wish with no responsibilities. It's wonderful to have such freedom! At least for awhile. I do miss my family and wish to return to them. But, just not yet."
    "I can't say I understand, but I can see you're happy. Just know that I can give you back your life whenever you're ready. I only need to know your name to cast the spell."

LXBiyYX.png
    "Ah yes, that's right, you are a Spellcaster. My child loved a Spellcaster, but it was not meant to be. Is this lovely woman your Mother?"

J3BWeeT.png
    "Not biologically, but she helped raise me and I call her Mom. Her name is L. Faba. She's a Sage, as is my real Father, Simeon Silversweater in the portrait beside her. Next to him is my honorary big brother, Morgyn Embers, also a Sage."
    "You have such a lovely family including your young man and two precious daughters. I always wanted a daughter...May I ask you a question Essa?"
    "Yes of course."
    "It's a request really. I am curious about the appearance of the second floor of this house. Would it be acceptable if I were to take a look around? I will understand if you would rather keep your private quarters off limits."
    "Well sure, we have nothing to hide. But, you're a ghost, you said yourself you can go anywhere you want. Why haven't you just went up there on your own?"
    "I was raised to have manners, to respect the privacy of others and ask permission for such things."

KobQzS1.png
    "Oh, it's very nice up here, cozy without too much clutter to gather dust. I quite like that aesthetic. My own home is filled with many rare, beautiful, and old expensive objects we've acquired over the centuries. What a lovely knitted rug. Did you make it yourself?"
    "Yes, Josh and I both love to knit. We've made many things, most things really to furnish this house. We came here to live a quiet, simple, self-sustaining life."
    "My Mother tried to teach me to knit, but I could never get the hang of it. She wasn't a very patient woman."
    "I could try to teach you, if you'd like. I don't mean to brag, but I'm a master at the craft...and patient."
    "I know, I've seen you with your children. Yes, I would quite like to learn. If you have the time?"
    "I have time. The girls are sleeping and Josh is busy. Let's sit on the bed. We don't have a couch yet and it's the best place to sit side-by-side...well it's the only place." Essa said and laughed.

G4BmT0p.png
    "Uh, will you be able to hold the knitting needles? They won't...fall through your hands or anything will they?"
    "I may look transparent to you, but I'm still capable of holding things."
    "Okay."

GXC2s5U.png
    "I can cast the yarn on the needles, but I always freeze up at this point. Would you do the first few rows and let me watch you?"
    "Of course."

JYbr0R3.png
    Essa gave back the simple scarf she'd begun and showed Inna how to work the yarn in neat rows to form a line. Inna fumbled her way through a couple stitches, dropping a few and Essa patiently showed her the correct way to do them until finally Inna was getting the hang of it.

"That's close, but here, the yarn goes over this needle, under that one, loop it around and..."

TsNxXGH.png
    "Oh! OH! Look! I'm doing it!" Inna exclaimed with excitement. "This is fantastic. Knit one, pearl two, knit one, pearl two..."
    "Yes, there you go, you've got it now."
    "Indeed! I'm actually knitting! Perhaps I'll knit a scarf for my Grandchild now!"

5E9hJY8.png
    "Thank you so much for teaching me how to knit properly. You are a very patient teacher."
    "Aww, you're welcome! I'm happy to help. Just ask and I can show you how to make all kinds of knitted things, okay?"
    "I will, yes. It will be nice to bring something home with me, something I made with my own hands for my Grandchild."

gxVaJkX.png
    "I fear I've taken up too much of your time and should probably go now. I hope we can always be friends Essa."
    "Me too! I'd like that!"
    "Goodbye for now, I shall return." Inna disappeared in a puff of smoke with Essa standing there in stunned amazement. Did she really just teach a vampire ghost how to knit? Life was sure weird sometimes.

ILY6K7N.png
    The next morning Essa called into work and took a vacation day, which gave her the next three days off. She spent some time with the twins as they went through their daily morning routine giving Josh a break to go dumpster diving. She hadn't been able to get the ghost lady out of her mind. Who was she? All she knew about her is that she was a very old vampire, her 'child' loved a Spellcaster and she had a Grandchild. Not much to go by really. Hopefully soon she would be ready to return to her family.

wzFCsYq.png
    Josh returned with various treasures to sort through and most of all a variety of bits and pieces for use on the Fabricator or in making candles. Essa went upstairs to make some much needed objects, while Josh tried using some flashcards to teach Josee shapes. Jessah was learning her shapes by playing with blocks in the playroom.

"What's this Josee, can you tell Daddy what shape this is? I told you before, do you remember?"

CfdsH0g.png
    "Uhhhh, a scare?"

HlhzGVx.png
    "Yes, yes, very good Josee, it's a square! That's my smart little Sweetpea!"
    "Scare, scare, scare! Yay!"
    Josee yelled clapping her hands and cheering for herself.

NmWgbw8.png
    The family spent the entire day doing things together with the girls learning all kinds of new and exciting things. One of Jessah's favorites was an old TV show they all watched together about a silly talking horse named Mr. Ted. Josee loved spending time with her family, but she mostly liked going off on her own to read a book, play with blocks or tell stories to Blarfy.

All too soon it was time for the girls to go to bed. Josh and Essa went outside to tend to the garden, crickets and bees while they slept.

hXT5sEg.png
    Unfortunately, the bees again attacked Essa while she was harvesting soy wax from their soybean plants. They were still grumpy even though Josh had treated them the day before for mites.
    "Ahhhh! Why are you attacking me? I didn't give you mites. Stop! Ahhhhh!"

Of course they didn't listen and Essa ended up with several stings that needed attention. She went inside and put some salve on the wounds before going upstairs to work on the Fabricator once again. Josh followed and crawled into bed to get some much needed sleep.

ugQTNBl.png
    What was Essa making today? The Eco-Matic Smog Vacumm! It was a concept machine she'd drawn up the plans for herself. Essa had a feeling it was the very reason she'd been promoted. Tonight she would make an actual prototype to test. She was extremely excited for it!

I am too! I've purposely not let Essa or Josh use their Spellcaster powers to cast repairio on burnt objects making it a rule she would have to make and use this machine instead! Anything they find dumpster diving now has the potential to be a useful object for their home! They've been recycling all burnt objects up to this point. I couldn't believe she got this approved after only doing one concept drawing! Most of my other Sims had to wait until around Level 9 in the career after doing multiple drawings.

jkLWMdg.png
    Suddenly a swarm of bees came swooping into the bedroom and attacked Josh as he slept. He yelled and jumped out of bed, swatting at the insects in anger.

"AHHHHHH! They followed us up here Beautiful! Okay, that's it! I'm getting rid of the bees tomorrow! We don't really need the honey, or the wax now that we have soybeans. Say your prayers bees! AHHHH! Go away!"

The bees finally flew back to their hutch and Josh got into bed. Essa soon joined him after checking on the girls.
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    *Updated my July 9th post above! I'll post comments/replies next! :)
    @SoulGal7
    Oh good job Sakura paying off that Curator! ;) Wow! Congrats to Wolfgang for his promotion and topping out his career! Congrats on getting the job in Evergreen Harbor too! :) Oh man, Sakura is just so innocently sweet! <3

"You know what this means, don't you?"
    "That we'll need to buy more peanut butter?"

^ Love that! <3 Anyway, Congratulations to the impending parents! :) Aww man, I love Rosie, she's a sweet robot. I understand why she can't stay though. Probably the very reason why Frank and Bendy moved out. Love the cute song Sakura made to celebrate the occasion!

Aww. very cool how Jeb got an autograph from Sakura. :) Oh, yeah, that's right, he lives there! That'll be nice for them to have someone they know already live there. Very nice Melody showed up to give Sakura her support! Oh! Baby bump alert! Code Red! hehe Love the 'feel the baby' animation, it's especially sweet when the Daddy-to-be does it. I did not even notice Wolfgang's shirt had changed. Bummer your computer crashed! Glad all's well that ends well though. :)

@Permanentrose
    Good idea what you did to simulate Rowan at the store. Did you try putting the bassinet in household inventory then placing it on the retail lot? Guessing maybe you did and it was just a bassinet with no Rowan. I've never had a baby at a retail lot, so I wasn't sure if it would work or not. I've had children and up there, but not babies or toddlers. I just knew Jules wouldn't be able to give birth on a retail lot. Whoa! Ruby's always looked skinny as a child, but stretched out like that she looks like toothpick. o.O Fantastic Jules and Sofia got the rocket finished and Sofia took it on it's maiden voyage. Very cool! :)
    Mia Patina
    July 10
    Week 11 Sunday

2021-07-04-08_20_18-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

~Teresa~
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Update 189 - The 50 Mile High Club

QVaVqe5.jpg
    Everybody loves baby Rowan. He's been a very chill baby, but I think I owe much of that to Jules' super efficient baby care :)
    7h7Ij8F.jpg
    6ojmuip.png
    PQlciOd.png

I decided to focus on the rocket since taking care of Rowan and going back and forth to the retail lot was kind of a pain.

So Sofia took Jules up in the rocket after preparing her and training her for space travel. Jules had such a knack for it that Sofia was sure she'd be flying the rocket on her own in no time.
    KYV2Fcv.jpg

Successful landing!
    lm1nKxg.png

"That was so amazing!" Jules told Sofia.

"You really have a knack for stuff like this," Sofia told her, grinning back at her. "We always have job openings at my lab if you ever want to the join a career in science," Sofia offered. "I think it could really be a good fit for you!"
    0kaIl0p.png

After some more training, Jules got pretty good at launching the rocket on her own, and she found that there was a lot she could do with it.
    7QcXatS.png

She even convinced Emmett to have a little bit of fun with her, which he was more than happy to agree to ;)
    lxT1rKj.jpg
    aFqUgX6.png
    O6pgm90.png
    T17z1AN.jpg
    lVOUfQT.png
    16HCi40.png

Meanwhile, Ruby was having her own extraterrestrial encounter. Ruby had told Zane about all the aliens that had visited their retail store recently, and he decided that it was about time he let Ruby know about his own identity.
    sJtptVP.png

"This isn't freaking you out too much, right?" he asked nervously.
    Iu3DXQa.png

Ruby assured him that she was glad he had trusted her enough to share this with her. He'd always be the same old Zane to her, alien and all :)
    XDAylbu.png
    tJJKUrI.png

He led her over to a patch of grass so they could stargaze together. He pointed up at the sky, directing Ruby's gaze to a particularly bright star in the sky. "That's Sixam," he told her. "My home planet. One day, I'll take you there."
    tqMprOl.png

Getting ready for a time jump
    So I was feeling ready to do a time jump, so these are a few behind the scenes things I did to get ready for that.

First, Jules got promoted in the culinary career to the point where she got that aspiration ding, so she was able to quit.
    WCRnbJP.png

So then I had her join the scientist career. She will officially start in one of my next updates.
    WFwbjZP.png

Also shocking for me, I know, but Rowan is already going to age up! I just want to get them all officially back to the retail store and the only way to get him over there is to age him up.
    UN1uJH6.jpg

And since Rowan is aging up, it seemed like a good time to age Ruby up too :) Ruby finished one of the custom aspirations I was doing with her but the other one was just more involved and I decided I couldn't keep prolonging aging her up - she completed all 4 base game aspirations and got those reward traits.
    Sbud1Eg.png

I will reveal their aged up looks tomorrow :)

I should have some time to catch up on comments in a bit!
    edited July 2021
    July 6 - Del Sol Valley - Dinner Party

very-hungry.png
    It was Wednesday and Sakura and Wolfgang were both awake early. It was 4am, and Wolfgang suddenly realized that he had not completed one of his job tasks, and had to go and give a guest lecture at the university. Sakura said she would go with him so she could use the research machine and do some research on logic. Apparently she needed more logic for her painter's career.

some-fan-going-crazy-on-campus.png

It was still dark when they arrived, and Sakura was suddenly hit with nausea. Oh gosh! Morning sickness. Maybe coming with Wolfgang wasn't such a good idea, but the feeling soon passed. [Note: I realize it's the lighting, but Sakura looks like she's green from feeling nauseous. lol]

Sakura was greeted by a fan who was so overcome at seeing Sakura that they fainted right in front of her. Oh gosh! Sakura was just not used to this happening to her. The student soon got up and walked away rather dazed at having seen a celebrity on campus.

someone-fainted-in-front-of-sakura-weds.png

Even though Sakura had tried to dress-down and look like a student, her plan of not being recognized hadn't worked so well. Maybe she would try a different disguise next time.

dressing-like-a-stident-so-noone-will-recognize-her.png

There was still a bit of time before the lecture, so they both worked on logic together. The time sped by and Sakura was starting to feel hungry.

wolf-and-sakura-do-some-research-on-logic-weds.png

Wolfgang headed off to the lecture and saw Bryon on campus and stopped for a moment to chat.

bryon-at-foxbury-weds.png

With Wolfgang gone, Sakura decided to head down to the cafeteria and get something to eat. There were two choices for breakfast, and she ordered both of them. It looked like she was eating like Wolfgang now.

sakura-is-a-little-hungry.png

Having finished off those two dishes, Sakura was still hungry and got herself some more fruit parfait. Hey...fruit parfait is healthy...and Sakura was really hungry. Well, she was eating for two now...so she had to feed the baby, too.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Back at home, Rosie was tending to the bees...

dang-bees-they-still-hate-me.png

Apparently, she had seen how the bees were always stinging Wolfgang and Rosie was determined to put a stop to it.

servo-shaking-the-bees.png

Rosie: "Bees! I.Am.Your.Ruler. Obey!" she was making sure that these bees weren't going to sting her! She shook those bees and disturbed them.

robot-moodlet-from-bee-box-weds.png

Oh yeah! These bees know now! Don't mess with Rosie. [Note: This was an autonomous action by Rosie and I just chuckled when I saw her disturb the bees and then get this moodlet.]

And Rosie also decided to do a little painting while Wolfgang and Sakura were away. Very nice...whatever it is.

weds-interesting-painting-servo-is-painting.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

After they got home, Sakura changed and both she and Wolfgang went about their day. Tonight, Wolfgang and Sakura were holding a dinner party, and there were a lot of guests coming. Some were work colleagues of Wolfgang's and Sakura's and some were friends who were coming for a visit. In the afternoon, Sakura decided to hire a massage therapist to come to the house. Although Wolfgang was very attentive and gave her lots of massages, her lower back was constantly in pain. And since tonight was the dinner party, Sakura was hoping that hiring a massage therapist would help.

sakura-hires-a-massage-therapist-for-her-aching-back-weds.png

so-relaxng.png

So while Sakura got a massage, Wolfgang worked on up-grading the rocket. [Note: Yes, the "deed" was done, and not sure if it was too late, but Sakura was getting a fertility massage.]

weds-wolf-working-on-rocket.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Sakura dressed with care for the party, and then as the time approached, she wasn't feeling that great. It was her stomach again. The baby had been active a lot today and all that movement was taking a toll on her insides.

night-of-dinner-party-sakura-is-feeling-bad.png

Sakura put her hand over her stomach and talked to the baby, "Oh akachan (baby), I feel you my little one," she said and then the baby stopped kicking. Sakura smiled to herself and still couldn't believe that she and Wolfgang had a baby growing inside of her. Life was really a miracle.

making-rack-of-lamb-party.png

Even though they had hired a caterer, Sakura was never sure what the caterers would serve. So, Sakura had started cooking early and was making rack of lamb for dinner.

look-at-these-two-together-still-in-love-party.png

Wolfgang had come inside to change and they took a picture together before the party. Oh my! They look so good together.

wolfgang-i-dont-feel-very-well-party.png

Sakura suddenly felt ill again.

Wolfgang looked worried, "Sakura...is it....is it time to go to the hospital?"

Sakura: "Oh no, Wolfgang, the baby is just very active today. Must be excited about the party, too."

The party started and guests were milling around outside and not coming in. Huh? {Note: I realized that I had locked the doors so no-one would just barge right in, so I unlocked the doors again.]

Maybe they were all just admiring Wolfgang and Sakura's house. Sakura goes outside and serves some drinks at the party. No...she is not drinking wine, just serving.

serving-drinks-for-party.png

Of course, now they all come running knowing FREE drinks are being served.

jeb-in-bag-againn.png

And there is Jeb, wearing a bag over his head again. Poor guy, he does have some issues.

cassandra-and-melody-and-bryon-in-back.png

And there are Cassandra Goth, Melody and Bryon. Oh fashion faux-pas...Melody and Cassandra are wearing the same dress in a different color.

jules-is-catering-and-failing-again.png

Jules is catering...and failing again. She hasn't made one single food item yet. So it's a good thing that Sakura already did. Jules does like to chat at parties, though.

everytione-having-a-great-time-and-sakura-baking.png

Everyone is having a good time, and Sakura realized she hadn't made a dessert. She must just have baby thoughts on her brain. But, being the wonderful hostess that she is, she makes a cake. Jules....watch and learn girl!

Okay, well, Jules might not cook, but at least she cleans. Thank you, Jules.

she-might-not-cook-but-she-cleans.png

More guests...Sakura doesn't even know all their names, but she is pleasant to everyone. She does chat with Kenzie, though and finds out that she and Jeb are living with his parents in Evergreen Harbor.

more-guests.png

chatting-with-guests.png

playing-dont-wake-the-llama-with-melody-and-bryon-jeb-watches-on.png

Wolfgang, Bryon and Melody decide to play "Don't Wake the Llama" game outside. Jeb was supposed to join them, but instead, just watched. It must really be an addicting game, because it is winter and cold out. Oh well. Gamers...who can understand them?

wolfgang-won-the-game.png

And the game is over and Wolfgang wins! Oh Wolfgang...you are so lucky! But could you just try not rub it in too much to your guests?

cleaning-up-after-the-party.png

While Wolfgang is playing the game, Sakura is autonomously cleaning up the dirty dishes. Wolfgang! Your wife is heavily pregnant...go and help her!

servo-is-sad-because-he-lost-dont-wake-the-llamma.png

Rosie decides to play with Bryon...and lost a game. Oh my gosh! I have never seen Rosie cry before. She is so sad with little tears coming from her eyes.
    gold-earned-on-dinner-party-thurs.png

The party is over and Sakura gets a gold for the dinner party. Yes!

jules-tries-to-redeem-herself-AFTER-the-party-is-over.png

Jules decides to redeem herself and starts making food AFTER the party is over.

Jules: "Well, you know, I was just so busy chatting with everyone, I forgot I was here as a caterer. So, yeah, working on food now. I mean party left-overs are the best...right?" And Sakura agrees as she helps herself to a plate of butternut gnocchi. Tastes great, Jules!

sakura-now-3rd-trimester-thurs.png

And Sakura is now in her 3rd trimester. Whoa! That's a baby bump! And the last of the guests depart...that would be Bryon...and they call it a night.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

While waiting for the baby to be born, I was trying to have Sakura and Wolfgang finish up on some odd milestones in some aspirations. One of the things Sakura had to do for the Master Chef Aspiration was to "Earn silver at a dinner party event," so that was the reason for having one. Both Wolfgang and Sakura are also working on the Nerd Brain aspiration. Wolfgang has to max logic and upgrade 5 objects. Sakura has to Launch or upgrade a rocket 5 times, achieve level 10 logic skill & fix or upgrade 5 objects. I am trying to have them at least complete the rocket ship portion, as they won't be using a rocket ship in Evergreen Harbor.

Sakura is also working on her last milestone of the Lord/Lady of the Knits Aspiration. Sakura had already completed 5 legendary knittables, but the game doesn't recognize them, and so 5 more are required. Sheesh! This Aspiration takes a long time to complete. Luckily, she is knitting items to be used in their home in Evergreen Harbor and onesies, so that helps, too.
    edited July 2021
    Hi All - other comments coming soon. Have a great day/night!

@permanentrose -
    Hope things are going well at school. Read that you had two tests to take so I am sure it went well. Lovely update. Congratulations on completing the Grilled Cheese Aspiration and heading off into space. And that woohoo in the rocketship is the best. I love all the hearts. I love the stream of hearts following the rocketship. Who knows...a future update might tell us you're preggers again! lol And Ruby has found out that her friend Zane is an alien. And he wants to take Ruby up to Sixam when they are older. Is that foreshadowing...Ruby and Zane a couple perhaps? And congrats on the milestone for the Master Chef career and for getting a job as a Scientist. And baby Rowan is looking for adorable in his crib. What? Age up already? Wasn't he just born? Oh my! And now Ruby will age up, too. But congrats to Ruby for completing all her childhood aspirations. Great job! Can't wait to see what these kids look like because they are so adorable now.

@Karababy52 -
    When I read your update when you first mentioned Inna Cents, I blanked. lol But then I remembered the whole Strangerville episode and how this unknown vampire had died in front of their house. And she got out of her urn, while it was in your personal inventory? That was so bizarre! And teaching a ghost to knit. That has got to be a first. I wonder what will happen when Inna learns that Essa is the Spellcaster that her son was in love with? Hmmm... The twins look adorable and so cute! Love how both Essa and Josh are spending time with them. Great work on the eco-matic smog vacuum. Yes! And the bees come into their bedroom and torment Josh! lol I thought that was funny. Sorry, Josh!

Congrats to Essa for getting a promotion to Machine Modifier! I have played ahead...so just a question...I know with Wolfgang as a Green Technician, he can work at home. Does Essa just choose to go to work, or is this not an option for her yet? Also, do you anything about dumpsters on your own property? Because I have one on their lot in Evergreen Harbor, but it is not generating any trash, so maybe it's not for a home lot., Anyway, if you know the answer...thanks :)
    @Karababy52
    Toddlers hugging each other is the cutest thing <3 Also toddlers hugging adults is pretty darn cute too. Love that hug with Jessah and Josh. And I thought of a way to remember your twins' names, as long as they keep their favorite colors - Josee has two Es and so does green, so that's my quick way to make sure I don't mix them up now :) You toddler dialogue is super cute too :) Really fun just to see your pictures of family life with these guys. I do adore toddlers so much, even if they are some the neediest sims in the game :) Also "Dabny" had me cracking up :D Are you playing with autonomy on? Just wondering if your toddlers are mostly choosing what they do or if you are primarily directing them.

Love those colors when the fabricator spills paint on them haha, always thought that was a fun animation to see in other people's screenshots. Hahaha, too funny that you caught Jessah about to make a mess, great screenshots of that moment, and nice little commentary, make me laugh ;) Nice work with Essa's job and the aspiration too! And Josee telling the bear a story was such an adorable moment too!

And there's Inna popping out of the inventory again. Even if it is a glitch, you've done a good job adding it into your story! Good story too about why she still hasn't given her name and choose to remain as a ghost for now. I wonder if Essa will end up piecing together who she is from the clues she is giving about herself now though :) Also Essa teaching her to knit was very sweet. I also liked your reference to the TV show Mister Ed. Loved that show growing up. My mom used to show us all the 1950s/60s sitcoms - I think my favorite was I Dream of Jeannie, though really there were so many good ones that I have such fond memories of. And oh man, those bees are out of control! I wish there was a way to keep them happier, but it seems like no matter what you do, they tend to end up enraged.

I did try to put Rowan in the inventory, but the only way to do it is if you bulldoze a lot or move the family to another residential lot, and if you try to exit build mode, it won't let you with a baby in the inventory, so even though they are objects, it won't let you move them like normal objects. But not being able to run the store normally did make me age Rowan up pretty quickly, at least for me haha. He was probably a baby for about a week in sim time, but I wanted to make it look like more time than that had passed in my updates.

Also I'm sorry if I miss stuff in your updates or forget, might become more likely these days, my brain is on overload with getting back into school/study mode, and I'm totally prepared to be more absent minded and forgetful about other things as I try to keep my life straight right now haha.

@SoulGal7
    YAY! So excited for Sakura and Wolfgang and their honeymoon baby <3 I can't wait to meet the baby and see what you name them!! I might have missed this somewhere, but is there another reason that Wolfgang needs to build another servo and they can't take Rosie with them other than that he belongs to the studio, or did you just want to build another one and make that a plot point? Nice work with the Get Famous aspirations too!

I really love Sakura's outfit in that meet and greet update! And look at that cute little baby bump <3 Seriously I love seeing all the babies our challenge sims are having these days, makes me so happy to see the next generation. And great idea to summon that grilled cheese sandwich! I'll have to remember that option for the future now too.

Funny moodlet Rosie got from disturbing the bees, never seen that one before! Loving the shots of Sakura's growing belly too! A massage was such a great idea too while Sakura is pregnant. And of course I had to laugh at Jules failing at her catering job again :D Jules does love her parties haha. But too funny that she decided to cook AFTER the party :D I always forget about that Llama game, cool to include it, and I enjoyed the tears on Rosie's screen face haha - servo facial expressions are cool.

I know, it's crazy Rowan is aging up already, so unlike me haha, but like I said, there's just not much to do with babies so a time jump made sense so I could get them back into the retail lot. I played for like a week with him as a baby, even though I only did three updates with him as a baby, so he's been around for a bit haha. And I will say that you definitely caught onto my plan for Zane and Ruby, especially now since they will both be teens :) And I will just tell you flat out right now that Jules isn't pregnant. I actually flagged them both for no more offspring for the time being, but I might change that in future, but for now, I'm content with just having two kids :)

@Skeilah
    Loved seeing Emmett in your updates - one of his traits is music lover, so it does make sense for him to sneak off to a concert. I know you needed an excuse to have him there all alone and sneak off there, but I do hope Jules wouldn't really be mad at him for wanting to go to a concert haha. Still, great to see him. And Ruby in my game is getting aged up for tomorrow's update, so now you can have her show in your game as a teen friend for Kristine as well. I love that you made the concert a gift for Kristine too!

Nice Sulani pictures too and good job with that aspiration! Excited for the alien babies to be born <3
    @permanentrose - A bit of a spoiler - When they get to Evergreen Harbor, I was going to do something like @Karababy52 is doing - a modified Rags to Riches. So, because parts are always needed to upgrade Rosie, I thought it best that she has to "stay behind" because the studio owns her. I wanted to focus more on the Eco lifestyle aspirations. And sometimes I have to purchase upgrade parts from the computer, like robot parts, so didn't want to do that when I was in Evergreen Harbor. I want to focus on the bits and pieces parts that they need for the fabricator. Just so you know, Rosie is still living at the house in Del Sol Valley. I moved Julia Wright (one of the uni premades), who is in Physics, so hopefully Julia will take care of Rosie. I haven't decided as yet if Rosie will make a re-appearance and be part of their household again. But she might, quite possibly in another world.

@Karababy52 -More spoilers! I had thought about your idea for Evergreen Harbor of a modified Rags to Riches, and really like this idea. So I am planning on doing that, too. However, I decided to keep everything they have from their personal inventory, all of their reward items, as well as any gifts they may have received. Sakura also had some free debug items in the household inventory which she has had since Mt. Komorebi, so I kept those as well. But, yes, they will be starting with a bare bones house and making the furniture that they can from woodworking and fabricating. In a few updates from now, you will have a chance to see their very empty house with what they start with.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,869 Member

@Karababy52 ,
    Yes, more than I hope to find the stan , I now hope I find time to play. I may cut the days for very short updates, and get them out faster that way.. If only I would know how to make it short :joy:
    -- Oh, haha to that first pic :D I had one with Kat at dumpster save, she did not look as cheerful with all the paint at her :D Oh and yep, that table does need more garlic! *nods* :joy::D
    -- I love the title of your post <3 Congrats to Essa for promotion :smiley:
    Inna.. nice that Essa meets Inna.. she does not remember her tho? I mean she saw her at least once, tho back then Essa had other things on her mind :) And those clues, come on Essa, you are smart lady, you should figure that out :) Remember that one time at Windenburg, she was dancing in there, with her husband.. :p Sweet that she did teach her to knit :) She will knit something cute to Seth :) And ah,I would of not kept those bees either!
    @permanentrose ,
    -- Haha to that comment of Emmett, about wasn't ruby a bit taller now :D Great job for finishing that rocket! And awesome pics from the fly!
    -- Congrats to Jules for getting that aspiration done, and that 50 Mile High Club , not bad either :D How sweet between Ruby and Zane :smiley:

@SoulGal7 ,
    -- Glad to know the Meet & Greet finally ended well, sorry to hear about crash. Hi Melody! Oh she really showed those paparazzis! :)
    --Nice dinner party :) Glad to see everyones sims again :) Funny how Jules started cooking after party :p

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina

So, trying to do short updates for now.. well at least their next day helped, as I gave up searching her stan, and as the title tells.. well it tells everything :D

Melody , Mona , and Malcolm.

Day 26, June

LlMCRSE.png
    The one when almost nothing happened.
    VKShtZA.png
    Melody painted and painted..

EKHVedP.png
    Malcolm has now the music genius aspiration, his free day from work.. he thinks he can play, he does not! Mona agrees with watcher here.

fWfnSu5.png
    Mona had several chats with all 3 huge .. things.. :D

BlsX3oc.png
    Yes, pink one, her own, lovely as usual.

fOrodv2.png
    Hey hey, why are you cranky with the brown one??? Looks like your mom wants to know it too!

hGRTbJ9.png
    Naah, naturally she acted like a little angel to her mommy.

HClvjdC.png
    Honestly, this was whole day.. if not counting eating and pottytrain/needs stuff.

b8Zwl2r.png
    uDaPV63.png
    So.. to sleep they go..

cyBqjqH.png
    sGbLAhY.png
    I was just zooming around the hood.. what is Max Villareal doing there with his bike at 2am??

tZJdhb8.png
    But then, they both woke up..

5nI5GEl.png
    Melody: "Okay, it is time to get this baby on the way!!!
    Malcolm:"Hospital, at once, where is the phone???!!"

o3kWGJ3.png
    HtKNBqv.png
    Calm down! I will send you to hospital to get the babies!
    Melody: "WHAT???!!!"
    Ooops.. I mean..
    Melody: "NO! Tell me!"

LlMCRSE.png
    Fine, you are having twins...
    .......!!!!!!!!!!

July - Day 10: "Let me love you a little more before you're not little anymore!"

svDOu97.png

Notes
    3l379Er.png
    The next morning while Essa made a couple children's beds on the Fabricator for the twins, Josh played with the girls. He asked Jessah again if she'd like to play with him. This time she agreed!

HG9LBW8.png
    She giggled and laughed, chortled and screamed, loving every minute of it!

UdTWHn5.png
    Josee stood by with her arms crossed and a big sweet knowing smile on her face watching them.

7wr4Us7.png
    "What number is this Jessah?"
    "Free?"
    "No, not three. It's the very first number ever. Which one is that, do you remember?"
    "Uhhh, thoo?"
    *sigh* "No, not two, two comes right after this number. What number is the first one? You know this Baby."
    "Don' know, don' know." Jessah said in frustration kicking her little feet into Josh's knees.
    "Yes you do, you said it a minute ago. What number is this? Come on, you can do it."
    "Don' wanna. No, no, nooooo!" She then stood up staring at Josh who was still holding out the card.

odkUV8j.png
    "It's a ONE Jessah, a one, this is one, number one, one, one, one." *eye twitch*
    "Dabny eye funny."

Uh, Josh? You okay there Buddy? o.O

cQtNVrS.png
    Essa finished the children's beds and also made a new bed for she and Josh since they had built up a supply of bits & pieces from all the dumpster diving she's been doing. Josh upgraded it while Essa fed the girls and got them ready for bed.

While they were doing that I thought I heard something out front of the house and noticed Frank had come for a visit.

vWPiPJv.png
    Unfortunately, the poor robot had broken down. He must've gotten tired of waiting for someone to open the door and started to leave. He didn't get far.

"Aww man, Frank! I've missed you, good to see you, but not like this. Don't worry Buddy, I'll fix you right up! Then we can have a nice, long visit."

ZXcoiQf.png
    Without a word once he was fixed, Frank hovered away.
    "Uh, okay, well, come back anytime."

qJCHydu.png
    (Not even a thank you. That's gratitude for you I guess.)

I'm sorry Joshie. Hard to hear anyone knocking, I didn't see him until it was almost too late. Maybe he was late for work or something?

(Yeah, maybe.)

We need doorbells soooo bad in this game! Gah!

(Hey, what's that sound?)

X3Jr7ot.png
    The sound was Essa using the Eco-Matic Smog vacuum for the first time on a desk she'd found in a dumpster. See the black dust and dirt coming off of it? She'll be able to make a desk at some point. But she needs to learn the recipe from a Master Creator first. They've not had a chance to visit the Maker's Space yet where they usually hang out so she can enthuse about fabrication. Once she makes one, they'll recycle this desk.

YqYqQtI.png
    After transportalating the now repaired and clean desk upstairs, Essa made a chair and placed Josh's computer on the desk. She took some time to order a few things she couldn't make and then played a game of Sim Scuffle. Josh took a turn playing on it afterward and then they went to bed.

hzUAvoN.png
    The next morning was the second Sunday of Summer. It was also the last full day the twins would be toddlers. Essa went on the deck to tend to the garden and check on the crickets and I noticed something that made my heart sink. The crickets were gone. The bug house was empty! Last night they were 'thriving' and 'well fed' so there was no reason why they would just be gone, or leave. Great...

It will stay empty now until Essa needs it for the Master Maker aspiration. Creeps me out how they have to 'hug' and coo at the bugs anyway. Seeing them crawl all over the thing is creepy too in my opinion. Yick!

5ZtHu5q.png
    She went back in the house and into the playroom to see Josh and Jessah having fun playing dolls together. Aww, so cute!

d5IMwZ7.png
    Josee was again talking to Blarfy, she loves that stuffed bear. But she eagerly agreed when Essa asked her to play. I love this screenshot, the way they're lovingly looking at each other and how it looks like Josee is touching Essa's chin so sweetly. :)

qoWBtL1.png
    They had a great time together and Essa got a moodlet for 'they grow up so fast.'

naxPuar.png
    Afterward it was time for the girls to take a nap, so Essa put both of them to bed and read them a story.

fjFK2jW.png
    Josh was in the kitchen making a Honey cake for the twins' birthday tomorrow.

3RVDj9x.png
    Both of them wanted to check out the Maker's Space, so they called up Kat to see if she could come over to watch the girls for a couple hours. Luckily she was home and said she would be right over.

hYRkEZL.png
    She arrived moments later since she lived just a block away and knocked to be let in.

"Come on in Kat." Josh called out.

D4M0I3A.png
    Here's a better look at Kat Cave standing on their front porch before she went inside. She's been a little modified from the Maxis premade version, but not her physical characteristics. Just hair, make-up, accessories and wardrobe.

uT3vRhC.png
    Uh oh...

Extra
    VeXAqLJ.png
    I don't know why I didn't notice this until now, but LOOK! Both girls have pointy ears! What? How? I LOVE it, but...will they keep them? How is it possible for them to even have them? Aren't ears genetic? Neither Essa or Josh or anyone related to them have/had pointy ears. The only reason I can figure for this is because they're both Spellcasters. Perhaps when the game created their looks using both parents physical characteristics and other random assets, like ears, the Spellcaster ears were available to them so it chose those. Maybe?

What's even more confusing is I looked at them in CAS after seeing their pointy ears and they don't have them in CAS, only in live mode. Gah! I hope they keep them! I guess I'll find out when they age up tomorrow. Cross your fingers! 🤞

Comments/replies on all your lovely updates coming up next! I hope y'all had a great day! <3
    @permanentrose
    Cool, rocket finished and she completed the Grilled Cheese aspiration! Congrats on that AND being the newest member of the 50 Mile High club. :D Aww, such a cute friendship, and maybe more for the future between Ruby and Zane. :) Looks like she's very close to being a Fresh Chef now, cool! Oh nice she joined the Science Career! You're going to love it! Looking forward to seeing Ruby and Rowan aged up in your next update. :)

Clever idea on how to remember names! A lot of people use different methods like that to remember things. I know I do. ;) So yes, Josee will always love green and Jessah will love pink. That might change as they grow older, but for now it'll work. ;) Love toddlers too, they're SO well made and just adorable! I used to think they were very needy too until I played the 100 Baby challenge and learned all the tips and tricks for caring for them. It's a breeze now! ;)

All my Sims have no autonomy, except for rare occasions when I decide to give them a 'free' day to do whatever they want, like that one update I did when they were living in DSV. :) I'm having fun making up how the toddlers 'talk,' it's fun! Glad you're enjoying it too. :)

Thanks about Inna! It was such a fun surprise having her show up, even if it is a glitch. Essa just might figure out who she is, we'll see. She already thinks she looks familiar, so something might finally jog her memory. I wondered if anyone would catch the Mister Ed reference. It's the first thing that I thought of when I saw that old black and white show on the 'Oldies' TV channel. hehe Yeah, I think there's a glitch with the bees. They become irritated/Enraged and the option to treat for mites which takes care of that very, very rarely becomes available. It should be there right away, but it isn't. They don't have the bees anymore now though, so not a problem. ;)

Aww, darn, bummer about Rowan not being able to be on the retail lot as a baby. Oh well. At least we know now it's not possible. No worries about forgetting things, it's cool. You have a lot on your plate right now. :)

@SoulGal7
    (I apologize for this super long reply, but it answers some of your questions in addition to just comments.)

Man, I am with Sakura. It is weird when Sims faint over your celebrity Sim. :D I love how much she is eating now, that's so realistic while preggers. :) Yay for Rosie showing the bees who's boss! I hope it works to keep them from stinging Wolfgang, but I doubt it. Essa and Josh got rid of their bees. I'm pretending they took them way, way out into the woods and set them free then gave away or recycled the bee hutches. ;) Very cool painting by Rosie. I've never seen that one before. If I remember correctly, you can change the pregnancy results right up until they give birth. Here's another hint, have her watch the Kid's Channel, that's supposed to help with having twins/triplets too. ;)

Oh and there's a lot trait, 'on ley-line' that will help with having twins/triplets too, but that usually only works if they have the babies at home, not in a hospital. However, I'm not sure how true that is because that was the only thing Essa and Josh had to get twins, the on ley-line lot trait and she had her twins in the hospital, so maybe that's been tweaked to allow twins/triplets to occur at the hospital too. Or, I guess they could've just been lucky and were going to have twins anyway. I have no idea. :D Does she have the Fertile reward trait too? Just trying to help you out if your goal is to have multiples. ;)

Sakura looks so pretty in her party outfit. Wolfgang is very handsome too! Oh dear, poor Jeb, bag on his head, barefoot, ripped pants, yeah, he has issues alright. :D Okay, Jules didn't cook, but she did clean-up. I guess that's helpful at least, right? ;) Aww, breaks my heart seeing Rosie with the tears! That's so sad, but so cute! Never saw that for Frank or Bendy. Oh sheesh, now that they got Gold and the party is over, THEN Jules cooks. hehe Ooooo! Sakura looks as big as Essa was with her twins in the third trimester! Crossing my fingers for you/her/them! :D

Aww man, bummer about the 5 Legendary knittables not counting for the aspiration. If that is the last milestone to complete that portion, I personally would use a cheat to complete it since she already DID do the task. It's not fair for her to have to do it again. I would do that for any milestone if it's the last task and I personally believe it would not be cheating! Here's the cheat just in case you want to do that. It's easy to use. Just make sure you're playing with Sakura and not Wolfgang. Turn on testingcheats then put the cheat in the cheats box and hit enter. Voila! Milestone complete.

Aspirations.Complete_Current_Milestone

Another hint - Highlight and copy the cheat text, then click in the cheat box and hit the control (Ctrl) and V key to paste it there. A lot easier than trying to type the code in by hand. ;) You can't simply paste test in the cheat box for some reason.

Yes, somehow Inna was able to get out of her urn even though the urn is in their household inventory. That's not supposed to be possible. It's a bug. Unless they've tweaked that rule to allow ghosts out of household inventory now, but I don't think so. I thought the bees attacking Josh in the bedroom was funny too! But, they won't be doing that again. ;)

Yes, Essa can stay home and work if she wishes, but I've been sending her because promotions are much faster that way. At least in my experience. About the dumpsters, they will not generate trash unless you have the 'Reduce and Recycle' lot trait.

The only other way to get dumpsters to have the option to dive for deals is to 'seed' them. What that means is instead of washing dishes, put them in your Sims inventory or directly in the dumpster. That way they can usually dive at least a couple times and maybe get some good stuff. Also works with trash intended for indoor trash cans. Put the trash in their inventory, or straight in the dumpster instead.

Same goes with trash that generates after repairing an object. Search the pile for upgrade parts first, then put the trash pile in the dumpster or their inventory to use later. Lastly, putting trash from home in the dumpster at a community lot (or any dumpster) works to 'seed' it too. I like to do that when the dumpster says it's empty so they can keep diving for deals a little bit more. ;) Also, if they are at the community lot and there are trash piles around the dumpster, have them pick those up, or just drag them to their inventory to use later. Sometimes if the dumpster is full, while they are diving, a pile of trash might be 'pushed' out. Pick those up and use them too! Trash gets thrown out of dumpsters when Sims woo hoo in it too. ;)

Yay! I'm so glad Sakura and Wolfgang will be doing a modified Rags to Riches in EL too! That's so cool! Yes, I kept all their personal memorabilia too. Or most of it. They sold a lot of stuff, but I kept the most important things like; photographs, special paintings, their awards/trophies, a few of Essa's ROM collectibles, all the spell/potion Tomes, Josh's computer, one harvestable each of their plants because they were Perfect and I just could not sell them all, skill books they bought, Inna's urn, of course, Essa's easel, paint supply cabinet, etc. Just stuff like that. Most of it just sits in household inventory waiting for when they move again.

@Ellupelluellu
    Sounds like a plan. I know what you mean about trying to cut what you write short, it's NOT easy to do. At least for me. :D Love the Fabricator fails, they're so funny! The only thing that bugs me about the dye bomb is that there is NO pink dye! :D HAHA about the garlic table! Thanks about the title, I thought it was fitting for the update. :) Oh yes, eventually I have to believe Essa will remember seeing Inna in the nightclub and the pub. She knows she looks familiar, she just can't place where she saw her yet. Seth will be very happy his Grandma is back whenever she returns and the knitted gift will be especially memorable as a result. :)

Oh man, you say nothing happened in this update? Uh, yes it did!! First of all, Mona talking to all the stuffed animals is just adorable! I love it when the twins do that, especially Josee, I have a feeling she'd do it all on her own if she had free will. :) Wonder why she was yelling at the brown one? Weird. Uh oh, look behind you Honey, Mommy's not too happy with you doing that. :D Awwww, okay, that screenshot where she's cuddling with Mommy is my favorite of this update! Well, except for the daily pic/last pic! :D You let the cat out of the bag there Watcher and Melody is in shock right now. hehe Perfect screenshot for the moment. ;) I can't wait to see the twins soon!
    Update 190 - Growing Up

suyhAEd.png
    Here are my aged up cuties!

Rowan already looks like a little clone of Emmett. I was really happy he got Emmett's gorgeous eye color! He rolled the Silly trait, which I think is very fitting since his dad is a goofball :)
    vbLXSm6.png?1
    iIH9w8b.png?1

And here's Ruby! I used a height slider to make her shorter for now, since I wanted a sort of "preteen" stage before she was too grown up. If I get too annoyed with any clipped animations though, I might just make her a normal height. We shall see :)
    PHZr1Qf.png
    pf4o0gt.png?1

Here are the traits and character values Ruby aged up with, if you were curious:
    Here are the traits Ruby currently has (a few of those are traits from CC/mods if you don't recognize them, not sure why there's a blank one either.) She initially rolled the 'evil' trait which I refused to keep, and then I just decided I'd pick one for her, and cat lover seemed like a fitting one for her :) She is also starting off with the Lady of the Knits aspiration since she has such a good foundation in knitting.
    jl27rrW.png

Here are the character values Ruby aged up with - something I really haven't touched with her, this is all just what has happened naturally through gameplay :)
    YxgJf0Z.png

Also, Ruby got a little birthday present! (Another reason I chose the trait I did :wink:) His name is Dill, since I thought it would be cute to have his name match Pickle's ;)
    YhRxtDZ.png?1

I found Dill on the gallery and wanted to credit his creator. I aged him down for my game.
    enheV6f.png

And there's really no story for today. I just got a couple cute in game shots to add to this post :)

Love these playing animations <3
    lb2103u.jpg
    Z2Go48k.jpg

Ruby and Rowan already have such a good relationship. I'm sure Ruby will start going through horrible mood swings and might not always be so sweet, but let's enjoy the moments that she is pleasant :)
    y0j7v5K.png

Ruby and her kitten <3
    lf6GQGi.jpg

Rowan loves the pets too!
    Mesq4SC.png

Poor Dill, he does not look like he's enjoying this as much as Rowan :D
    Rcod7x2.png
    X6OLBBh.png

I honestly was going to wait to add another pet to this house until they moved to Brindleton Bay, but looking at these cute kitten screenshots, I regret nothing ;)
    Tv2Uu57.png
    jtUZcBt.png

Don't worry, Jules will be back next update, I just had a lot of cuties to share today and poor Jules got pushed to the back burner for now haha.

---
    I mentioned this in a reply to @SoulGal7 yesterday, but thought I'd mention it in an update too. I flagged both Jules and Emmett for no offspring for the time being. Now that I've added a kitten to the household too, this household is getting pretty large and I just didn't want any more surprises quite yet. Ruby has also been flagged for no offspring, since I do have teen pregnancy enabled in my game, as you know since Ruby is a result of that HAHA. I really didn't want a repeat teen pregnancy storyline, and I'm not sure what Ruby's teenage years will bring yet with her love life, but she will be flagged for having no offspring until she is a young adult :)
    Mia Patina
    July 11
    Week 11 Monday

2021-07-04-09_07_04-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1
    ~Teresa~
    July 7 - Del Sol Valley - 24-Hour Charity Live Stream - Part 1

we-need-to-give-more-so-our-children-are-well-cared-for.png
    It is Thursday. Sakura had to work from 10am - 3pm today, and she was hoping that this would be the day she gets a promotion. Wolfgang was off today and wanted to work on his logic and rocket science skills. He was determined to complete some tasks before they moved to Evergreen Harbor.

Sakura had some time before work and was just starting to knit a onesie when Mortimer Goth just barged right into their house.

Mortimer: "Oh, Sakura, I apologize. Cassandra asked me to come over because she thought she lost one of her earrings here. I just happened to be visiting the art gallery downtown and told her I would come over and look for it. But it doesn't seem to be here. Bye...."

mortimer-goth-just-walked-into-their-house.png

Sakura just stared after him, "Wolfgang!" she shouted, "Could you ensure that the doors are locked again. Mortimer Goth just walked into our house and left again." Wolfgang immediately put the security latch on the doors and couldn't believe that sims would actually do that. Sheesh!

And then it was time for Sakura to go to work.

why-are-you-going-to-work-sakura.png

Wolfgang wondered why Sakura was going to work because when she came home, her back was always sore. He was worried about her. Her boss didn't seem to have lightened the load on her because she was pregnant. He expected her to do the same amount of work, and that included lifting heavy canvases. Wolfgang wanted her to take family leave, but she wouldn't think of it.

Sakura: "Wolfgang, I will need some time off when the baby is born because we'll be moving to a new town. I have to get the house organized."

Wolfgang told Sakura that he would help her get the house in order before he started his new job, so she didn't have to worry about that. But Sakura was rather strong-willed and insisted that she could still work at her job.

sakuras-back-is-killing-her-after-work-thurs.png

And sure enough, when Sakura got home, her back was killing her. No promotion. But thank goodness Wolfgang was a caring husband and was already waiting for her ready to give her a massage. He was really the best!

as-soon-as-the-baby-is-born-were-heading-to-evergreen-harbor.png

Sakura had grabbed the mail when she arrived home, and there was a letter addressed to her from a fan. Oh my gosh! What a sweet letter for Sakura to receive. This is what she needs, not those horrible calls she gets because of her public number.

letter-from-an-adoraing-fan-weds.png

ahhh-sweet-letter.png

And Wolfgang got a great call, from a very adoring fan.
    fan-call-wolf.png

And they also got the bills. On a Thursday? Maybe it was because of the holiday. This house was gorgeous, but the bills! Yikes!
    mail-on-thurs-bills-due.png

When Wolfgang had found out about his new job, Sakura had searched the rental house listings in Evergreen Harbor and actually found a house in Port Promise that was a bit unusual. It was a home made from a shipping container. Apparently, it was great for the environment because you are essentially reusing metal resources, and the containers can be converted into a comfy and affordable living space. She had spoken to Wolfgang about it, and he told her that his new company even gave their employees a discount if they lived in one and fabricated their own furnishings. It was called eco-living and the bills would be far less than they were now. Sakura thought about it and with Wolfgang's handiness skills and her gardening skills, it sounded like a good idea. She even found some nice listings for rent.
    shipping-views.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Sakura got a call from her agent who wanted her to do a 24-hour Charity Live Stream. It was for a children's charity, and her name just popped into his head when this offer came in. Seriously, who better than Sakura to host this? Her agent said she couldn't pass it up. Afterall, she was expecting, and that would appeal to her audience, and her agent felt that sims would donate even more to the charity because Sakura had a vested interest in it. Sakura thought about it and decided that she would do it.

Sakura had never done a live stream for a charity before, let alone for 24-hours. Her agent told her that if she needed to rest or eat or use the restroom, that she would have a 2-hour break. Sakura thought that sounded good.

sakura-starts-24-hr-charity-event-thurs.png

She decided to wear the dress she had on last night and thought she looked really nice. And so it started. About halfway through, Sakura realized that perhaps wearing the dress and high heels wasn't the wisest choice. Her feet were starting to hurt, and she thought her ankles were swelling up again. Perhaps she should take a break and change. But she waited because the donations were just rolling in, and she didn't want to stop now.
    stream-for-fame.png

Sakura: "Every simoleon you donate will help a child in need. In fact, if you donate $10K simoleons, I will send you this wonderful hand-knitted onesie made by me. Yes! This onesie was going to be worn by my own child and it is of legendary quality." The charity hadn't told her to donate anything to raise simoleons, but apparently it worked, because almost immediately someone donated the $10K.
    for-every-simoleon-received-there-will-be-a-drawing-for-a-onesie.png

Sakura: "Thank you so much to the wonderful sim for donating that $10K. Your onesie is on the way. You are truly the kind of sim who values and cares about the children of the Simworld. I am going to take a short break, and will return. But please keep donating."

Wolfgang is keeping himself busy, too. After doing several space flights and getting his logic to level 10, he completed the Nerd Brain Aspiration. Go Wolfgang!
    space-ufo-fruit.png

And Wolfgang is still at it and is now working out. [Note: He's working on the Bodybuilder Aspiration now.]

WOLF-WORKING-OIUT.png

Sakura changed into another outfit and some flat shoes. Her fans are waiting for her and she doesn't even have a chance to take a 2-hour break. Well, it is for charity, so she starts streaming again. But, oh, her back is just killing her.

help-a-child-out-if-i-can-stand-here-for-24-hrs-you-can-donate.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

One of the perks that I chose for Sakura, was the 24-hour Charity Live Stream, which is under the Media Production. I have never chosen this perk before, so didn't know what it was about. But literally, your sim does a vlog for 24-hours. They can take up to a 2-hour break for their needs and then continue. Completing a 24-hour stream will give you a large amount of both Fame and Reputation. That is what I was hoping for Sakura, as she was very close to being a 4-star celebrity.

I actually did a reno of the Maxis built The Shipping Views lot In Evergreen Harbor, which is pictured above. However, this is not the build that I used for them to live in.
    edited July 2021
    July 8 - Del Sol Valley - 24-Hour Charity Live Stream - Finale

ITS-TOO-LATE-WOLFGANG-ITS-GOING-TO-HAPPEN-HERE.png
    Sakura had been going all night on the Charity Live Stream, and it was now Friday. She was hot, she was tired, she was hungry, and her back was the worst it's ever been. And she had to pee. She needed a break.

Sakura: "Thank you again, everyone for your kind donations. And to the wonderful sim who donated $10K simoleons, your bear beanie is on the way! I am going to take a short break, but please, keep those donations coming!"
    hat-donation.png

Sakura headed into the kitchen and she took a moment to have something to eat. Yep, leftover cake from the party.

Wolfgang joined her and she tells him that she only has a few hours left to do on her Charity Live Stream. Wolfgang is definitely giving her the look of love, as he can't believe how wonderful Sakura is, and how much she is doing while she is pregnant.

Wolfgang looks closely at her, "Sakura, I have to go to the university to give a guest lecture. It will only be for a few hours. I hate to leave you...especially since I know that you could have the baby at any time..."

hioney-i-gotta-go-give-a-speech-at-uni-come-with-me.png

Sakura: "Wolfgang, you go ahead. I am fine. I have to finish this Charily Live Stream. And you have been so good hanging around, packing and preparing for the move and the baby. Everything's good and those Engineering students love you. So, go...go and do that guest lecture. I will call you if anything changes..."

Wolfgang looked at her intently, "Well, alright. You do have my cell number, so call me if you need me. I have that hospital route memorized and your bag is all packed. Now if you can't get me on my cell for some reason, call the university and they can track me down. Sometimes we have to go into the "aerospace wind tunnel" and there is no cell service there...."

Sakura: "Wolfgang, you worry too much. Nothing will happen. I am going to finish this Charity Live Stream and then tonight...well...maybe we can...um...you know...spend some time together..."

Wolfgang looked surprised: "Oh? I mean it's been awhile since we uh...and with you expecting, I wasn't sure that we should...um...you know...I didn't want to hurt the baby..."

the-look-of-love-wolf-at-sakura-heavily-preggers.png

Sakura smiled at him, "You are so silly...we can still do "that" when I'm pregnant and you won't hurt the baby..."

Wolfgang: "Okay then, we'll have a nice evening together. I will make us some dinner and give you a nice back rub...and I'll be very gentle..."

Sakura: "Wolfgang, you are always very gentle with me..."

Wolfgang: "That's because I love you so much, Sakura and I never want anything to happen to you...or the baby. Don't forget. Call me if you need me..."

Sakura nodded. She then got a text that her fans were waiting for her and she had to get back to her stream. And with that Wolfgang got dressed and headed out.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

It had been a few hours since Wolfgang had left, and suddenly, Sakura had a sharp pain in her stomach. It was not like the stomach queeziness she had experienced before. This was different. And then she heard what sounded like a pop, followed by an immediate gush of very warm fluid. She was now standing in a puddle and her face paled.

Sakura: "Oh my plumbobs! My water just broke!" she said shouting into the camera.

WOLFGANG-HELP-ITS-TIME.png

Sakura immediately called out for Wolfgang, and then remembered he was at the university giving a lecture. She quickly dialed his cell phone and there was no answer.

Sakura left a message, "Wolfgang, it's time. My water broke. Come home NOW!"

She was still live streaming and looked into the camera, "If there was ever a time to give to help the children, it is Noooooowwwww!" she said as the first contraction hit. This was the worst pain she had ever felt.
    gone-into-labor-notice.png

Sakura had only a few hours left to finish this Charity Live Stream. She couldn't stop now. She had raised so many simoleons for the children, and look at all the donations that were coming in. She had to try to continue until Wolfgang got here.

Sakura tried the university switchboard and they said they would find Wolfgang.

University Switchboard Operator: "Sakura, we're all watching you live now. You are an amazing woman continuing with this Charity Event even in labor. I've been calling all my friends to donate...."

Sakura: "Okay, thanks...it's for the children...but please...find my husband...he needs to come Hoooommmmeeee!" she said as another contraction hit.

Sakura to her audience: "The children are our future...and this charity means a lot to me...or I wouldn't be standing here right now in labor trying to raise simoleons! So give to the children!" she said and then another contraction hit, this one seemed to be stronger. She had started timing her contractions and they were four minutes apart already.

Sakura: "Breathe...1....2....3...4...," Sakura thought, "Just breathe...Oh Wolfgang, please come home soon...I need you here..."

Sakura didn't know what to do. It was now too late to call a taxi...she would never make it to the hospital in time. Wolfgang was not here and she hadn't heard from him. Sakura felt another contraction come and knew that the baby was wanting to make its entrance into the world.

Sakura felt like crying. Here she was going to give birth to her baby alone and at home. And then she saw Rosie. Oh my gosh! Of course! Wolfgang had programmed a sub-routine into the RoboNanny Behavior Mode for just such an event.

Sakura to her viewers, "I am going to take a little break now to have my baby, but keep those donations coming in. I am counting on you!"

giving-birth-fri.png

Sakura then went into the living room and spoke to Rosie, "Rosie! Activate RoboNanny sub-routine Nooboo Now!"

Sakura spoke softly to the baby:"Hold on, little one...we have to get things ready for you..."

Rosie went into action mode: "Nooboo.Now.Activated. Sakura.Stay.Calm. Boil.Water. Get.Towels. Sterilize....Sterilize..."

Sakura could do this. She had to rely on Rosie. But she just wished Wolfgang was there. And suddenly the door flew open and Wolfgang ran in looking frazzled.

Wolfgang: "Sakura....oh my gosh! They found me...I was in the wind tunnel. I ran all the way to the car and I think I broke every speed record coming here. Oh my love, I'm so sorry. My cell battery was low...I couldn't call. But I'm here now. Come on...lets get to the hospital..."

i-will-have-to-have-the-baby-here.png

Sakura looked at Wolfgang and kept the steady breathing up trying to speak, "Too late...baby coming...Rosie...activated...Nooboo Now..."

Wolfgang: "Oh Sakura..." he said sadly and understood that it was indeed too late. Thank goodness he had done that sub-routine program. He went to help Rosie, but she had everything under control. All he could do now was stand by and give Sakura support.

Wolfgang was in anguish himself seeing how much pain Sakura was in. He shouldn't have gone to that lecture. He should have stayed here with her, and then they could have gone to the hospital. He just hoped his "Nooboo Now" program worked and Sakura would be alright.

Sakura: "Oh my plumbobs! Wolfgang...the baby...the baby...I'm about to give birth to our baby..."

have-the-baby-here-what-do-i-need-t-do.png

And with that, Sakura gave a huge push...

DURING-MY-CHARITY-LIFE-STREAM-FRI.png

STREAMING-THE-BIRTH.png

And like all great celebrities, Sakura is streaming the home birth...

...and the baby was born...a boy...oh look at sweet Rennard Munch...!

oh-you-previous-bundle-of-joy.png

...um....but wait...

wolfgang-where-are-you.png

Sakura had a panicked look on her face, "Wolfgang...I think there's another baby in there..."

OH-MY-WORD-THIS-HURTS.png

...and whoosh....another baby boy arrives in the world....sweet Kenji Munch...!

yours-doing-great-honey-im-here-now.png

twins-congrats-sakura-and-wolfgang.png

there-they-are-twins.png

Twins! Oh my gosh! Congratulations to Sakura and Wolfgang! And don't they just look so adorable in the onesies that Sakura knitted.

Wolfgang came over and kissed Sakura on the cheek, "Sakura, my love...I never expected this! Twins! And it's a good thing we picked out a few names. I am so happy...I love you so much..."

Sakura: "I never expected this, either. And twin boys...would you have been as happy if they were girls?" she asked.

Wolfgang: "Oh Sakura...boys or girls...as long as they are healthy...that is all that matters...I would love them just the same..."

are-you-okay-sakura-i-love-you-fri-birth.png

Sakura looked at Wolfgang, "They're so precious, but I have to get back to my Charity Live Stream. Thirty minutes and I am done. I don't want to go back...I don't want to leave them right now..." [Note: From the look on Sakura's face after she gave birth to twins, I think she is in shock. But Wolfgang...ahhh...he is giving her such a loving look.]

sakura-in-shock-after-birth.png

Wolfgang: "Sakura...they'll be fine...I'll be fine...and Rosie will help me....go and finish...you've worked hard for this...this is the best Charity Live Stream they have ever seen..."

Wolfgang: "Rosie. Activate RoboNanny."

Rosie: "RoboNanny.Activated. Feed. Cuddle. Rock. Coo." and Rosie immediately went over to one of the twins and gave the baby a bottle.

robo-nanny-servo.png

Wolfgang: "You see, everything will be fine. I'll be here looking after the twins, too. I need to get to know...my sons..." he said teary-eyed.

look-at-this-bald-little-head.png

Wolfgang picked up Kenji, the second son, "Kenji, little one...you are our little surprise. We thought we were just having one...but you were hiding back there. And don't worry about being a second child. I am a second child. You will get as much love as Rennard. Do you know what your name means? It's a Japanese name...and it means intelligent, strong second son. And that's what you will be. And we're going to call you Ken for short. And Ken is a German name that means handsome, royal oath...and you, my son...are very handsome. Look at that bald little head...so cute...I love you, little Ken."

oh-just-wait-until-grandma-see-you.png

Wolfgang picked up Rennard, the first son, "Rennard, little one...you are such a strong little fella and look at you...smiling at me already. You are so smart...just wait until your Grandmother sees you. Oh you are going to be spoiled. And you have a brother, Kenji, so you have to be good to him. Do you know what your name means? It's a German name...and it means rules with counsel. So, yes, that is what you will do, and be very compassionate and wise. And we're going to call you Ren for short. And Ren is a Japanese name that means lotus...water lily...and you...my son...will probably take to the water like a fish. I love you, little Ren."

So Sakura went back to the Charity Live Stream and the half an hour passed by so quickly. She thanked everyone for their donations and signed off. [Note: Look at Sakura...her stomach is flat!]

and-right-back-at-it-after-the-birth-what-a-woman.png

finished-her-charity-stream-even-did-it-in-labor.png

proud-parents-with-twins-fri.png

these-are-happy-babies.png

Wolfgang and Sakura spent the rest of the evening together cooing over their precious bundles of joy, Ren and Ken Munch. They were so overjoyed with the babies and were so in love with each other. They were looking forward to a future in Evergreen Harbor with their new family.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

I don't have a mod to tell me what Sakura was having or how many she was expecting. So, I had picked out a name for the first baby...it was going to be named Niklaus...but then when the second baby notice came up, I had to go and look up baby names. lol So temporarily they are named Niklaus and Nikko. They were going to be nicknamed Nikko and Nikki, but they sounded more like Greek names. So, with a bit of research, I came up with their real names listed above. I wanted to have names that were of Japanese and Germanic origin, so I felt that these two names worked the best. I can only change them when they are toddlers, though, which I will do.

Sakura had nearly finished her Charity Live Stream, if she had quit, it would all be lost. And I never wanted to do one of these again because they take so long. So, I waited until the timer for her labor was down to 30 minutes and had her take a break. She then went back afterwards and finished. Wolfgang actually did go to the university as a guest lecturer, which was part of his job requirements. Then when I saw that he was finished the lecture, I had him come back home. And of course, he freaked out the minute he walked in the door! lol By then, it was too late for Sakura to go to the hospital or she would have delivered in the reception area. So, she just had her babies at home, with the help of Rosie, of course! lol

There is actually such a thing as a "wind tunnel, which is normally a part of the Engineering Department. Read more about it here.
    @Karababy52 ,
    No idea why Mona was angry to that one, maybe she does not like color brown :D
    -- They have some nice family life there <3 I loved the pic of Josee , the one where she stands her arms crossed :smiley: Hi there Frank! How are you? Ahh , you left.. Oh Kat! Why so mad?? :D

@permanentrose ,
    -- Rowan indeed looks like mini Emmett :smiley: Ruby looks very much as both, Jules and Mario :) Cute pics about the kitten. <3

@SoulGal7 ,
    -- Congrats for the twins!

• miss_eulenaugemiss_eulenauge Posts: 250 Member
    edited July 2021
    Finally an update again! Yay! I promise, we'll get these kids aged up before August... :wink:
    What do you think of the house, and of Mark's emotions?

The Pen Pal stuff will get clearer later on, but the foundation is there already. I'm so excited about it! :smile:
    last update | Overview post&rules
    Update 31- Bridgeview

B6L5ZTo.png

Sarahs Diary
    Sarah: "Greg, would you check the house listings online and call the major about options?"
    ERtVz5C.png
    Greg: "Hey Sarah, I have work to do! Deadlines! You always tell me not to slack at work, I’m just listening to you!"
    Sarah: "Dear, I have to work too, and I’ll check the newspaper and call an agent. After that letter from the city we have to find something fast. You saw for yourself they want us out in the week after New Year’s because the whole building structure is unsafe!
    Please, help me out here?"
    Mark: "Mom, do you really think Dad is gonna take care of this and find us a new home in just a week? He won’t care about any of it, just as always!"

Mark's angry words lingered in the room as he angrily left. "I'm going fishing with a guy from school!"
    Sarah sighed, and watched her son stomp across the street. Where had it gone so wrong? Was it Greg, not doing enough? Or teenage rebellion?

She was snapped out of her thoughts when Connor tugged her hand. "Mom, I can't find the on-switch for my Camera! Help me!"

Across the street, Mark's friend Rafael was already waiting for him.
    But then... he noticed something. What was that sign?! "To rent"?
    aob6G0j.png
    What a beautiful house! So big! I could have my own room, perhaps invite Payton over without being ashamed... Let's face it, Dad is never gonna do something in time. But I can help Mom out at least...
    Thank you very much to @IllusoryThrall for building this shell for me and landscaping it! It's come out amazing. The base shell can be found under #Thrallredeems on the Gallery. My finished version will go up too once I have furnished it.
    Rafael: "Hey man, what're you looking at?"
    9oVTs1c.png
    Mark: "That sign says the house is for rent... Do you know where I can ask about that?"
    Rafael: "Well yeah, but why?"
    Mark: "Well, the city wrote a letter saying that our house is basically too old and crumbling down, so we have to move out, like, now, so it doesn't crash while we're still in it. And then they will rip it down and somehow... perhaps... completely rebuild?
    Quite worried about that, actually. Dad's kinda a dunce, and I've lived with him long enough to know that he'll never be able to find us a new home during the holiday season... Wouldn't be surprised if he completely forgot."
    Rafael: "Aw, man, that sucks. But actually, I think my Dad works in real estate... heard him talking about this house. I think it's a bit too big and old-timey for most modern families. But with all your siblings, and that crumbling-down-thing, he could be able to help you out.
    Let's just go see him, I forgot my fishing rod anyways."
    Mark: "Wow, thank you, buddy. That's cool of you! Tell you what, while we're at your house, I'll help you with that Chemistry Assignment, ok?"
    sUvxw6W.png
    What if I screw this up? This could be our only chance for a real home...
    p94IslQ.png
    Mark: "... and that is why I wanted to inquire about the home at 15 Bridgeview Lane. How could my parents go about renting it, if they are interested?"
    Mr. Dorsey: "Well boy, it's not that simple. My boss would have to approve, they would have to demonstrate that they are financially secure enough to pay rent... But if that works out we'd probably schedule a visit for your parents, and if they sign the lease, I assume that the city officials will help you take care of the moving process and the financial details."
    2cWPLki.png
    Rafael: "Come on Dad... you could at least mention it at work, and give Mark some contact info... It really isn't their fault that the city is forcing them to move right in the holiday season, and so fast!"
    Mr. Dorsey: "Well... ok... I suppose I could mention this during lunch break... You continue to be so nice and responsible, young man. And make sure your parents don't waste this opportunity!"
    arF3Lsm.png
    Meanwhile, Connor and Miles were bonding over his new camera. Taking some selfies, letting Miles take photos of the moon the day before... Sarah painted and revised a lot to get some money for the move.
    KSZU6fB.png
    R4IBv14.png
    GfUGUEe.png
    HkSRzn4.png
    She also had a little talk with Miles, who never really told stories from school or talked about his classmates...
    gjYR208.png
    Sarah: "Hey, Miles. How is it going at school? You know, I didn't have many friends at school either. But I had a few people I was close to, and had a great time anyways. How are your classmates? Who do you like to play with?"
    Miles: "Dunno. They don't really want to play with me. I don't want to either! They are weird and annoying anyways. Bah. I'd rather read books.
    Sarah: "Aw, come here, kiddo. I'm sorry it's like that! Hm... I have an idea... How would you like finding a nice kid to talk to if you want to? You could write letters to each other if you don't like talking that much. We did that in school once, and I hear that there's websites for that nowadays."
    Miles: "Letters? Like in "The Land behind the Mirror", where Prince Falorian and Jonah write each other through the magic well?"
    Sarah: "Yes, just like that, only without Magic. Jonah didn't like the kids from his school either, but Falorian was nice to talk to, right? You don't have to decide now. I'll write you down how to find the website and then you can just sign up if you want to. :)"
    "Land behind the Mirror" was a short story I wrote in second grade and kept building upon and revising until 9th grade, where I ditched it to try building a whole world together with my brother... :heart:
    vkImXBM.png
    And Greg, although frustrated and bored, finally finished setting up a client's website. (he's been working on that for, like, 8 hours...!)
    But when Mark returned home, Sarah put her tablet to the side and went to talk to him about his frustrations.
    WfqnaxY.png
    Mark: "...really, Mom, I tell you! You only have to call that number and explain the thing with the letter, Mr Dorsey said so! He told me he'd speak to his boss about that. But you gotta hurry... I'll show you a picture."
    IlDDB31.png
    Sarah: "Oh Mark. I told you to leave this to us adults. I'm not sure whether I like you going around and asking for favors for me... And what it the house is too big and we don't have the money for it, or can't hold your promises? But still, thank you. This sounds good, and I'll really check it out. I've been browsing the newspapers, but holiday season just isn't the time to move."
    B8WaDNI.png
    Sarah: "Thank you for doing this. You're such a nice, helpful boy. Don't worry, your Dad and I will figure this out."
    l8Z2DFn.png
    Later that evening...
    Greg: "Hi Sarah! What did you talk about to Mark? Everything ok?"
    Sarah: "Well, that depends. He's ok, but for some reason he thought it neccesary to take care of finding a house for us himself - apparently he didn't exactly trust you to get the job done... I really wish you'd step up to your role as Dad and do stuff with the kids, and not just sit at the PC all day long!"
    RPRJI62.png
    Greg: "Hey, I looked on the internet for houses too! Anyways, what's this house like? How big is it? When can we look at it?"
    Sarah: "I already called the number Mark gave me. They wanted the number of that city representative to make sure the financial details would work out, and if that's taken care of we can go for a visit in the next few days, and then move right after the twin's birthday already - and just in time!"
    XbDKic8.png
    Upstairs, between everyone getting ready for bed, Miles still thought about his mother's words. Letters were just like a Diary - only that a nice person was on the other side and answered, and helped you figure stuff out and not feel lonely... Right?
    But what if the other one wouldn't be nice? Surely it would be really easy to just forget about it if you didn't have to see that person every day, right?
    Perhaps he'd look for that site. But after the others had gone to sleep.
    HNqdzhW.png
    pen... p... a... l... Penpal! Is that how you write it? And... Enter!
    "Simpal - Penpals from everywhere"? Well... sounds like it...
    vvokOKR.png
    "Simpal" wants to help everyone connect and find a friend. Due to legal reasons and security concerns, you must be at least 16 years old.
    If you'd like to participate and find a friend, please fill out this application to tell us and potential pen-pals a little about yourself and make sure to provide contact information.
    Hm... That sounds like what Mom said. Kinda. But I'm not 16, and if it's unsafe under 16...?
    What is that? An Ad!
    psU3ZmN.png
    "Letters around the world - LGBTQ+-friendly pen pals"? And a picture of a girl my age... Ash says: "I felt very alone, without anyone to talk to. I didn't know who I wanted to be, and if I was even in the right body. Letters around the world has helped me to find people with similar troubles that I could talk to. They helped me be myself and find my way in the world." Well that doesn't sound bad... Can I click on it? Yes?
    "Letters around the world" wants to help children connect with each other, especially ones who are in the process of figuring out their identity and/or sexuality. We aim to ensure that everyone has a friend to talk to and seek advice from, even other Sims in your life aren't as easy to talk to about personal problems. And of course, you'll just be able to chat with your pen pal, have a good time and find a friend for life!
    During the sign-up process, Adults will verify the information given and will always be available in the case of problems. All Nationalities, Identities and Sexualities are welcomed, and Action will be taken immediately and severely to chastise harassment. In this way, we are able to ensure that Minors will always be safe when using our pen-pal service. Information on the Sign-up process can be found at the bottom of this page.
    none of these actually exist, though it is important in Real Life too to ensure your own safety when giving out contact information on the internet.
    Gu9cecr.png
    Well... Mom didn't mention any LGBTQ, and I don't know if she would agree with the identity stuff. But it sounds really nice that they think that kids can just figure out who they want to be, like the girl in the ad! And it says "safe for minors", with adult verification and all that! I don't think she'd object... and I don't have to tell her about the stuff with different sexualities... right?
    I think I'll go to sleep now and fill that out tomorrow when everything is gonna be super chaotic again. Might be nice. Perhaps.
    B6L5ZTo.png
    Downstairs, Sarah couldn't sleep either. She looked at the photo Mark had given her and wondered whether that was a wink from heaven to better their situation, or whether it would blow up in their faces.
    It looks big. Enough space for all of us... perhaps less bickering... I only hope it'll be old enough to still be affordable! And that the city is really going to help us out with the costs. Well, I guess we'll see about that.

Characters, Lot, Gallery
    Gallery (Sims and houses): Hashtag #onemonthoneworldoneyear, Name "One Sim - Fam. Britton". My gallery name is Noctuara.
    Parents: Sarah and Greg Britton. They live on the 20x15 "Comfy Cubby" in Bridgeview, Newcrest.
    Kids: Sophia & Mark (Twins), Miles, Connor, Amelia & Rachel (Twins)
    • Greg Britton - Greg is an adult who has a strong interest in Gaming and Computers and is quite a Geek. Unfortunately, he also is a bit slobby and mean. Due to his history, he is a bit troubled, has Bad Manners, is Irresponsible, Argumentative and Insensitive. But he can be nice as well... if he tries his best... (and I help him by x-ing out all his autonomous mean&mischievous interactions from the Parenthood traits) He was working in business, but hated it. So he enrolled for a Programming course and is now a freelance programmer listed with an agency. On the side, he participates in Novice Tournaments.
    • Sarah Britton - Sarah on the other hand wants to be the best parent possible. She is very neat, good and loves being with her family. She found a job as Freelancer Artist to try and keep her family afloat. After six babies, she went into early menopause and is now infertile.
    • Sophia Britton - The firstborn, and the twin of Mark. She is a teenager already. She continues to prefer doing things alone, mostly being outside gardening.
    • Mark Britton - The secondborn and the twin of Sophia. He is a teenager as well. He likes being outdoors at the river catching some fish, or taking a nap to recover after all the work fishing is.
    • Miles Britton - The thirdborn. He is a child already. His fun-loving personality is overshadowed by some gloom, and he aims to uncover the secrets of simkind at his science table.
    • Connor Britton - The fourthborn. He is very energetic and outgoing. Connor wants to travel and discover the world when he grows up. In preparation, he likes to take photos and write his pen pals.
    • Amelia Britton - The fifthborn and the challenge Sim. She is a very easygoing baby who often gets lost in the shuffle of this crazy household.
    • Rachel (Rae) Britton - The sixthborn. She is a very needy babie who cries a lot, firmly claiming her place among all the other kids. Greg dotes on her, partly because he got to name her after his very first video game heroine - Rae.
    others:
    • Gary Whelan, a friend of Greg from high school. Lives on "Oak Alcove", 20x15, Bridgeview. He is a Bro, Geek and Active. He works as a Game developer.
    • Fam. Aldrich, the neighbours and friends of Sarah. They live on the 30x20 "Fernpark" in Bridgeview. Elderly Pamela lives here with her Grandchildren after both parents died in a plague at young years. Pamela loves to Garden, cook at spend time with her Grandchildren. And if she had the time (and I the money), she'd love to learn to knit. Readhed Alexia, already a Young Adult, is the image of her mother. She loves to paint, channeling all her emotions on the canvas. She feels heavily responsible for her younger siblings, Tessa and Joey (twins). Tessa loves to make crafts like her big Sister and is very creative, while Joey has a lot of Energy and is very much into sports.

Schedule (subject to change)
    This schedule still seems like a good idea, but I have to post noteably less due to RL constraints, so we'll see. I might try to get the Challenge Sim aged up until the 14th-20th of June, then use the rest of June and the whole July (?) for the toddler stage and see how it goes. The MCC settings will be adjusted as I feel neccesary.
    I am planning to play for 14 months ingame. 4-5 days as baby, 2 weeks as a toddler, 1 1/2 months as a child, 3 months as a teen, 3 months as a Young Adult, 3 months as an Adult and 3 months as an Elder for the Main Sim.
    For all others, I will use these MCC settings, starting on 1st of June, so it roughly works. (Combined, the Teen, YA, Adult and Elder stages are exactly 365 days right now).
    • Pregnany: 5 days
    • Baby: 7 days
    • Toddler: 14 days
    • Child: 45 days
    • Teen: 90 days
    • Young Adult: 93 days
    • Adult: 92 days
    • Elder: 90 days
    This might change when I get a feeling for the challenge. I will possibly extend this for a next Gen, or extend the YA and Adult stages, if I get Brindleton Bay and subsequent other worlds. And if I manage to stick around that long.
    I will start playing in Bridgeview (Newcrest) with a big family and the Baby No. 5 as main sim. I will move neighborhood each month, alternating the worlds. This starts as soon as the Main Sim turns teen.
    I want to work on roughly two aspirations per month with my Main Sim, or, better said, on about 3 goal sets of the "Master Simmer" challenge to try and get all achievements - mainly because with my current packs there are 38 goal sets - 3,1666 per month. (See Rules).
    I think with normal play, I'll never get there! But with so much time to stretch out the skilling, it might work. And it will definitely keep me from getting bored. ;)
    Post edited by miss_eulenauge on
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
    time zone: Berlin, Germany - EA Gallery ID: Noctuara
    July 9 - Del Sol Valley - Farewell - Saturday - Part 1

never-worry-about-being-second-i-ws-second-talking-to-baby-fri.png
    It was Saturday, the last day of winter and Talk Like A Pirate Day. Wolfgang and Sakura were still feeling rather euphoric over the birth of the twins. There was no second bedroom in the Del Sol Valley home, and Sakura absolutely forbid Wolfgang to put the babies in the walk-in closet so they could hear them if they cried. They would just keep the door open to their bedroom and the twins would be in the living room. Plus, Rosie was on night duty as the RoboNanny, so everything should be fine.

feeding-baby-sat-before-they-leave.png

What a good Dad Wolfgang is. When Ken started crying, Wolfgang practically ran from his work area to come and look after him. Now that was sweet. I think Wolfgang might have a soft spot for Ken, being the second child, as he has already become good friends with him.

look-at-that-smile-what-a-cute-smile-you-have.png

Of course, he does have to pick up Ren as well, and is rewarded with a smile. Ahhh....

Sakura, meanwhile, was doing some space launches in the rocket ship. She even found a space rock in her travels.

what-a-landing.png
    space-rock.png

The moving truck was scheduled to arrive later today and so they had the morning to get the twins ready and pack whatever was left. They took turns looking after the twins who were very good babies.

nothing-like-waiting-until-the-last-min-reading-a-parenting-book-while-in-labor.png

While the twins slept, Sakura took some time to read a parenting book while Wolfgang did some final enhancements on Rosie. The studio was coming by later today to pick Rosie up, and Wolfgang also informed them of the "Nooboo Now" sub-routine. The studio was so impressed with this addition, which had already been tested "in the field", that Wolfgang got a bonus. Wolfgang was really going to miss Rosie, especially for all she did to help Sakura with the birth.

servo-at-level-4-enancement.png
    raise-for-wolfgang.png

Wolfgang, of course, called his mother to tell her the news and she was ecstatic. After chatting with Wolfgang, she spoke to Sakura and offered her congratulations. Mila couldn't believe that she now had two grandsons.

mila-to-sakura-baby-conrats.png

Wolfgang calls his boss at Obscure Logistics and thanked him for the opportunity to work on a robot for the studio. Wolfgang's contract was now over.
    quit-mech-engineer.png

Wolfgang then contacts his new boss at Lean and Green Co-op in Evergreen Harbor. He will start as a Device Savant and because he has a university degree in Physics, he gets a sign on bonus as well. He starts tomorrow at 9am, which doesn't give him much time to help Sakura. But apparently, the company also has a work-from-home program, so Wolfgang thought he might take advantage of that on some days. Luckily for them, Wolfgang's company also had a daycare center for their employees.

wolfgang-enters-green-technician.png
    green-technician-career.png

Sakura was fortunate to be able to keep her job and had applied for a transfer to an Art Studio in Evergreen Harbor. She started work on Monday from 10am to 3pm.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Wolfgang feeds Ken and Ren before they leave while Sakura uses the restroom.

oh-its-okay-you-can-have-it-all-so-hungry-for-someone-so-tiny-niklaus.png

Wolfgang couldn't believe that it was just yesterday that these two were born. Was it just his imagination, or were they getting bigger already.

Wolfgang to Ken: "Did you grow overnight because that tummy sure looks big. Ahhh...but no, you are still so tiny...look at those little fingers..."

look-at-your-lil-nikko-getting-so-big.png

Wolfgang to Ren: "My, my, my you are a hungry little fella for someone so small. It's okay, you can have the whole bottle."

And Wolfgang becomes Good Friends with Ren. And then it's time to go. Farewell Del Sol Valley.

its-almost-time-to-go-with-the-twins.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    @SoulGal7
    That was too great that Sakura had to give birth during her lifestream! A memorable birth for sure! AND TWINS!!! Jules is basically the only challenger not to have twins now haha. Such a nice reason for picking their names - I love that their full names and nicknames both have Japanese and German origins. Ken and Ren are cute matching names too - I wonder if they will end up identical! How long are you planning to keep them as babies for? Nice set up for Evergreen Harbor too! And I can't wait to see Mila get to interact with her grandsons <3

@Karababy52
    Toddlers playing in the rocking chair is one of my favorite animations! Lots of other super sweet moments with Josh and Essa and the girls too! I can't believe they're already aging up - can't wait to see their makeovers <3 Oh hey Frank! And bye Frank, LOL. Nice that Josh could get him all fixed up even though he didn't hang around. Wonder what Kat's in a mood about...and is that a little cliffhanger you left for us, curious to see if there's more to angry Kat stomping into their house.

And nice observation about the girls' ears! I wouldn't have noticed if you didn't say anything - I've had vampire and alien toddlers with pointed ears, but they are usually so much more prominent than those subtle little points on your girls' ears. I hope they stay too! Such a fun unique detail to notice!

I can totally agree with how doing a 100 baby challenge really does help toddlers feel less stressful!

@Ellupelluellu
    Even short updates are lovely, and you add in such fun commentary that even the simplest moments are entertaining in your game. Love little Mona and her attitude - it's so fun to watch her interact with everything in your game! And now it's baby time!! Love that you as the watcher have been interacting with them, Melody's face in reaction to the news that she is having twins was priceless! Can't wait to meet them!

And yes, I noticed how much Ruby is a mix of Mario and Jules too. I wonder if Rowan will get a bit more of Jules in him as he ages up too.

@miss_eulenauge Welcome back! Glad you found some time to play!

@SoulGal7 ,
    -- YAY , you guys have a great travel to Evergreen Harbor!

@permanentrose ,
    Thank you :) I originally wanted to do it like that, the watcher-way, as I do not have to figure out the rhyme or reason why they will move so often.. they just do as I tell them to do :D

Melody , Mona , Mike , Melanie and Malcolm.

Day 27, June

Y6Y3hsi.png

The one with twins
    HLLkkM3.png
    That time again, hi Josh!
    u323gIf.png
    4aYno1a.png
    Looks like 4 days ago.. oh it was!
    R4nDjp4.png
    At least he IS running at right direction...

nr2OU0i.png
    Melody signed in.
    0e46vSY.png
    n9bG71i.png
    Malcolm: "Why aren't they here yet!?! And why is that skeleton staring at me.."

0WtTq3N.png
    Malcolm: "Finally!! What took you so long???"
    Josh: "She is having twins, she cannot run like lunatic.. you.."
    HkiSbdv.png
    Malcolm: "What did you said???!! TWINS???"
    I told you! Do you listen? NO!

mjJUGg6.png
    itQJMKo.png
    All went fast and nicely.. meet Mike and Melanie!

Hzb4aLl.png
    Melody: "Thank you!! Again!"
    Josh : "Always a pleasure! :) At least I am not getting any pranks from your dude."

lKeDwyn.png
    XHzOkBR.png
    Speaking of.. he was doing that to Sakura!

QnyJ2Zs.png
    Bryon: "I am invisible.. invisible.. I am not here... "
    Anyway, the trip to hospital ended happily!

tqfIJMO.png
    However, there was one, back at home, who was not happy!

Y6Y3hsi.png
    Poor Mona was not so chearfull to have siblings so soon, she wanted to be the princess of the family!

l9P2zi9.png
    Gladly mommy managed to comfort her and assure her that she will always be their princess <3 Now she just has a little prince and princess, who will be looking at her as an example.

Note: as I kept Melody pregnant longer than game default, when she was expecting Mona, I will age Mona up few days earlier than I was originally going to :) Not nearly yet, anyway :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top