Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Henford-on-Bagley World Discussion Thread

Comments

• Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    There are no Pee Bushes in Bramblewood close to Cordelia Falls. I hope we can place some.

It looks like there are those little public restrooms out in the world in all of the neighborhoods, though.
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member

I plan on moving into the 30 X 20 town lot. I made a tiny house shell that needs walls for the interior doors because I wanted to save it as a room in my library. I plan on having a small farm with chickens, cow, and llama with some crops. It'll be like farm land that was mostly sold to the city but a small plot was kept back for a farm. So I'll have a farm in the city.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Not a fan of the style, but the pack really isn't for me; I have never liked the English Cottage look and all I could think of was the "Escape To The Country" TV series.. I just watched English Simmer's video on the world and it does look... boring to me. But then, as everyone knows by now, my taste in packs and worlds seems to run basically opposite of everyone else.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I really like the snail statue and the circle mound is interesting but was expecting a bit more from such a large feature than a simple game of hide and find. How did the huge statue end up there anyway?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    OschinSims

World Overview
    https://youtu.be/cxhSBX4AQl8
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited July 2021
    @Jennifer_ This is a known ability within the game as I utilize it all the time. You just have to make sure not to change their names and everything will be fine when you edit them in CAS. Also, make sure you unfavorite them after you leave CAS.
    Jennifer_ wrote: »
    Handel wrote: »
    imhappy wrote: »
    I’m so confused by the Scott family.

It looks like they have a house in the world
    But they are also listed as the bar owners on the community bulletin board

Do they own the bar? Do they autonomously walk over there and start pouring drinks?

Do they give out quests? Are we giving out quests as them?

If they are unplayed, they'll be the npc guides for the bar lot. And every major character does seem to have their own unique quests. But if you actually play the household, they'll despawn as the bar NPCs and someone else will now "own" the bar and manage the quests. That'll happen with every one of the named NPCs if they move into a household. I think they're the only ones who can be played from the world map and become that way. Which does explain why most are just normal townies and can't be played as naturally.

Also the Crumplebottoms are immune to this and will not die. (Somehow)

Do you think that if you cheat and edit them in CAS they’ll change from being NPCs? Would like for them to continue owning the bar, but edit their appearance.

Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Jennifer_Jennifer_ Posts: 42 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    @Jennifer_ This is a known ability within the game as I utilize it all the time. You just have to make sure not to change their names and everything will be bind when you edit them in CAS. Also, make sure you unfavorite them after you leave CAS.
    Jennifer_ wrote: »
    Handel wrote: »
    imhappy wrote: »
    I’m so confused by the Scott family.

It looks like they have a house in the world
    But they are also listed as the bar owners on the community bulletin board

Do they own the bar? Do they autonomously walk over there and start pouring drinks?

Do they give out quests? Are we giving out quests as them?

If they are unplayed, they'll be the npc guides for the bar lot. And every major character does seem to have their own unique quests. But if you actually play the household, they'll despawn as the bar NPCs and someone else will now "own" the bar and manage the quests. That'll happen with every one of the named NPCs if they move into a household. I think they're the only ones who can be played from the world map and become that way. Which does explain why most are just normal townies and can't be played as naturally.

Also the Crumplebottoms are immune to this and will not die. (Somehow)

Do you think that if you cheat and edit them in CAS they’ll change from being NPCs? Would like for them to continue owning the bar, but edit their appearance.

Ah thank you :D
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    @JemmaTheSimmer thanks I’ve never heard of him before. I had a look at his builds for this pack and so far I like his the most.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited July 2021
    Just finished watching Devon Bumpkins video. He built the pub and the house on the 64x64 lot. Both are awesome. And he's so entertaining. 🥰

For gameplay, they should have removed the kitchen from the pub. I understand why Devon wanted to keep it since he discussed this. Yet, as they said in the livestream, this is loosely based on English countryside.

Having a kitchen in the pub does not work for gameplay. I plan to delete that kitchen. I don't need Sims going into it to make food when they can order.

Having Gamechangers do the builds is the best idea ever that I hope continues. Although I'll be changing the builds to fit my vision, I'm happy EA is utilizing different gamechangers each time.
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,587 Member
    Yooooo, I found some really cool lore tidbits with part of the history of the town!!! Check it out:
    "Legend has it that deep in the Bramblewood Forest, a large, ghostly fox dwells. His name is 'Swiper' and was once the king of all the foxes in Henford-on-Bagley. He led a great reign of terror and thievery as he and his furry subjects tormented the people of the town for years; stealing all of their valuables, food, and beloved animals. It was only after a great mishap with an angry llama did the Fox King's tale finally come to a close. But unfortunately for the people of Henford-on-Bagley; their little bandit was not gone. His soul remains; haunting the lands and unable to move on. After all, there was still so much left for him to steal!

It is said that anyone foolish enough to wander the Bramblewood Forest at night might have the great misfortune of stumbling upon Swiper's ghoulish visage. But if they lock eyes with the spectral fox; they will be cursed. The ghostly fox king will follow you home, and haunt you; returning every night and attempt to steal whatever he can with his ghostly little paws. Many beloved animals and precious belongings forever gone because of the dastardly ghost. The only way to relieve oneself of his curse is to loudly shout the sacred chant "Swiper no Swiping!" three times and his soul will return to Bramblewood Forest once more."
    Someone has already recorded gameplay footage of it too.

Spoooooky stuff! :p
  • rachelwolferachelwolfe Posts: 110 Member
    I have two pieces of constructive feedback regarding the world: one which I hope the devs can implement before the final software drops and one which obviously just needs to be considered in future worlds.

The piece I hope they can implement: I saw in Deli's let's play that the graveyard in Finchwick is not accessible. If there is any way to do a last-minute change to make it possible for sims to walk to the graveyard and drop tombstones there, this slight change would integrate gameplay so much better. Please don't leave us with orphaned gravestones when there is such an obvious place to put them.

The piece for the future: I notice that in the neighborhood of Finchwick only one of the buildable lots is on the square proper (the Gnome's Arms), while the rest are slightly set back, implying that they are to be residential rather than commercial lots (as indeed they are in the version of the game that ships). This is exactly the same configuration the neighborhood of Wakaba had in the last world we got, and I have found it limits potential in both cases. Some of us are commercial builders and would appreciate having multiple lots directly on a commercial square, like we did way back in Windenberg. I have Get to Work and would have loved to have built a real bakery on the square where that immovable deco bakery is, or had my farmer sims own and operate their own grocery store in town rather than only having the option to use the grocery stall. I realize you want the pack to look good and work well for people who don't have other packs, but I would contend that even people who only own the pack and the base game might enjoy having both a pub AND a library in the town square, or even enjoy having residential lots smack in the middle of commercial districts, where they could build "flat above the shops"-style houses, even if it's only pretend. Having only one buildable lot in an obvious commercial district is very limiting, and I hope that in the future the devs will buck this trend they've started of doing that. I'm not necessarily even asking for an increase in the number of buildable lots; just their placement.

Thanks for listening to my constructive feedback. That said, the pack looks very good and I am excited to get it and start playing with it!
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    Yooooo, I found some really cool lore tidbits with part of the history of the town!!! Check it out:
    "Legend has it that deep in the Bramblewood Forest, a large, ghostly fox dwells. His name is 'Swiper' and was once the king of all the foxes in Henford-on-Bagley. He led a great reign of terror and thievery as he and his furry subjects tormented the people of the town for years; stealing all of their valuables, food, and beloved animals. It was only after a great mishap with an angry llama did the Fox King's tale finally come to a close. But unfortunately for the people of Henford-on-Bagley; their little bandit was not gone. His soul remains; haunting the lands and unable to move on. After all, there was still so much left for him to steal!

It is said that anyone foolish enough to wander the Bramblewood Forest at night might have the great misfortune of stumbling upon Swiper's ghoulish visage. But if they lock eyes with the spectral fox; they will be cursed. The ghostly fox king will follow you home, and haunt you; returning every night and attempt to steal whatever he can with his ghostly little paws. Many beloved animals and precious belongings forever gone because of the dastardly ghost. The only way to relieve oneself of his curse is to loudly shout the sacred chant "Swiper no Swiping!" three times and his soul will return to Bramblewood Forest once more."

I wonder how you watch foxes? James Turner couldn't figure it out.
    Simarchy

World Overview

https://youtu.be/47TXl8WRvGI
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,587 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »

Wait, do you think that post was serious? Click the link and I promise you all truth will be revealed!
    (It was a joke, in case anyone missed that)
  • Aleia1Aleia1 Posts: 68 Member
    Have we learned anything much about the familes in the occupied lots yet, particularly the Watsons? I want the big lot for a self-sufficient commune I'm planning so I will evict them. But if they are interesting or have a backstory linked to the other families in the village, I will move them to the second-largest size plot instead of just sending them to the unplayed sims folder.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,709 Member
    Aleia1 wrote: »
    Have we learned anything much about the familes in the occupied lots yet, particularly the Watsons? I want the big lot for a self-sufficient commune I'm planning so I will evict them. But if they are interesting or have a backstory linked to the other families in the village, I will move them to the second-largest size plot instead of just sending them to the unplayed sims folder.

@Aleia1 here's some info on the families.

HOB residents.

z6iGBe5.png

nV1o1L7.png

exZzCv3.png

olzT6Cd.png

Courtesy of SpringSims.
  • pendragon1980pendragon1980 Posts: 436 Member
    Hmmm I wasn't planning to keeping the Scotts but as owners of the pub I may have to.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »

Wait, do you think that post was serious? Click the link and I promise you all truth will be revealed!
    (It was a joke, in case anyone missed that)

I didn't click on the link. I just watched James Turner's video and one of the tasks is to watch foxes.
    Thanks @simgirl1010. I think I'll downsize the Watsons to a smaller lot because they sound quite fun. I'll add another room and get a bunkbed for the two youngest if I have to, and it sounds as if they're struggling financially so it's not ruining the story to move them down the road. I'll leave them where they are in other saves. I just really want to create a back to nature commune and that needs land and lots of bedrooms.

I wonder who Rahmi is having an affair with?! (Don't tell me anyone.) I like the sound of the rest of the families too, including the creature keeper who was such a terrible date.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Hmmm I wasn't planning to keeping the Scotts but as owners of the pub I may have to.

You can always evict them, which should leave them as the owners of the pub. In fact, if you play them or open up their household, they will no longer be the pub owners, so if you want to leave them as the pub owners, evicting them might be the best option.
  • pendragon1980pendragon1980 Posts: 436 Member
    Aleia1 wrote: »

I wonder who Rahmi is having an affair with?! (Don't tell me anyone.) I like the sound of the rest of the families too, including the creature keeper who was such a terrible date.

I'm putting money on the newly single lady in "a new start"

edited July 2021
    Deleted.
    Post edited by catloverplayer on
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,709 Member
    She said not to tell her. 😄
    Haha, I like both those prospects for Rahmi whose story sounds more promising than I hoped, especially if Thomas is neglecting her in favour of growing outsize vegetables o_0.

Maybe I'll find a use for the 'free love' nap in this neighbourhood though I swore off using almost all of the naps after they were so bugged. Question for anyone who's using EL naps now, will free love get stuck on any sims that visit Henford if I get my commune to vote it in? Is it worth the risk?