Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Sessions: The Sims Event of the Summer

12345679...Next

Comments

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,916 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I had only heard of Glass Animals, but was excited anyway.

I thought it would be like City Living festivals; a large space full of interesting things, more Sims than usual, and enough to keep Sims busy until the entire thing disappears. This was smaller, had far less to do, and had maybe 8 Sims crowded around a stage big enough for a piano and two Sims. The most fun I had was making my Sims have tent woohoo, because I don't own any packs with tents.

That was acceptable, though. I'm used to disappointment.

But it changed my Sims' clothes permanently. I spent a lot of time setting up my world, dressing my Sims, and unlike festivals, I can't ask Sims to see outfit and have them change back because it replaced their clothes with the festival shirts. My current options are go back to a previous save and don't play again until the 8th (which is sad), or try to remember what all the Sims were wearing (which is frustrating).

TL;DR: I expected disappointment, lowered my standards further, and was still even more disappointed even though I didn't think it was possible.

Can't you just use "Change outfit"?

I was thinking this.... nobody changed into Tshirts at my festival but if they did I would use change outfit. I do it all the time for work clothes or situational outfits. No CAS necessary
    I forget about the dressers. I tend to edit Sims from the library screen. Sometimes mirrors.

I really miss the animations of Sims trying to open the drawers. In Sims 3 sometimes the Sim would pull hard and fall over!
    Sims 4 dressers end up to put plants or little nicknacks on so that’s why they don’t get used.

? You don't need the dressers at all. You just need to click on your Sim and use the command "change outfit" I make about five outfits of each kind for my Sims in CAS when I make my Sims and use the command all the time to change them.
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member

As I said in an earlier post on this thread, it's not a Music Festival, it's a park performance, but for this game and it's audience they kept it simple since most of the TS4 audience isn't going to know what a Music Festival is like.

When I was a little kid I thought seeing artists perform at parks was the coolest thing ever. I thought they were all superstars. Haha It doesn't take much to impress a seven year old who is obsessed with music. :lol: THAT is the crowd this event is catering to.

I think it was a decent effort by the devs, and I hope this means we may get bands in the future.

*Edited for typos. On phone.

it was better the second time i went with 15 other sims attending. realized that a real crowd would drag performance way too low on most PCs so they couldn't do a real crowd.

I'm confused though about you saying that most of the players of this game wouldn't know what a music festival is like. why wouldn't they?
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I love it, but yes sad it will be going away tonight.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited July 2021
    Sims Sessions is over, but just before the final bow, sims from my Not So Berry save got to enjoy one last show.
    jyn8gQi.png
    cVyOiI9.png
    JUInWQG.png
    ULJNhpX.png

Desmond, twin brother of the Pink Generation heir, proposed to his girlfriend.
    zwOoVh6.png
    sIE7BnH.png

Surprising and embarrassing his sister a bit.
    jFeS5VB.png

Abigail, the Pink gen heir, got on stage to show her skill with the piano. She has none. Her next door neighbour can attest.
    uXQDKmH.png
    NW2bnKI.png

The twins arrived back home inspired and satisfied.
    Until the next big event!
    QK4iJS8.png

Edit: Oops, thought this was the screenshot thread.
    Post edited by HopeyStarr on
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,024 Member
    edited July 2021
    It’s all gone 😭. I really hope they do a Sim Sessions again 🥺.

(Adding a block to stop NPC Sims buying and constantly wearing T-shirts! 🙄)
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,414 Member
    I only got to send two households there, but really enjoyed it. Probably wouldn't have wanted to send more as winter just began in my main save.

Alexander (4,5 star celebrity) playing after the official line up
    cSrt4m4.png

There's snow on the ground, but the kisses are hot
    znZ0H3t.png

Messing around while Glass Animals play
    IjH1S5r.png

Syren got excited about Bebe Rexha
    McyEoyp.png
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited July 2021
    vxSWVE4.png

Sims Sessions was a lot of fun for me and my sims. It makes me want a music pack even more.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    so, out of curiosity, i sent some sims to my festival space park (in san myshuno) to see if everything was still around and still worked... all the objects were still there, the two stalls worked fine (as long as your active sim paid for vendors to arrive) and i could even shift-click the stage and still get the artists to show up... except this time they just stood at their spawn-in point and never made it to the stage

i then went to magnolia blossom park to try and set up another debug stage there but didn't realize i had saved it midafternoon on sunday so the event actually started while i was there and worked just fine, though everyone had to use their umbrellas because it was raining
    artists showed up and sang, sims grabbed food and t shirts like normal. was actually rather surprised by that. and am wondering if it'll still happen next ingame sunday despite it technically being over

i had even tried to update my game prior, just in case (and also repaired it for unrelated reasons) so everything should be the most up to date version
  • Options
    Coraline_029Coraline_029 Posts: 71 Member
    Can we find the performers in the household management?
  • Options
    GonderGonder Posts: 2 New Member
    I've been super busy recently and didn't get to see it in time, sadly. Finally managed to get to Sunday in-game today only to realize the event is over. Would be cool if the next one went for a little longer.
  • Options
    rosenero10rosenero10 Posts: 536 Member
    THE EVENT OF THE SUMMER IS HERE! ROCK OUT AT SIMS SESSIONS
    Light up your summer with the hottest tracks from your favorite artists. Experience Bebe Rexha, Glass Animals, and Joy Oladokun for the first time all over again—in Simlish! Catch the live event from June 29 at 10 a.m. PT to July 7 at 10 p.m. PT.

Festival Activities

Shop the Festival
    Buy artist-themed merchandise, run your own craft sales table, or snack like a rockstar at a food stand!

yMw13O5.png

Camp Out
    Festivals are fun but exhausting! Get some sleep in one of the tents—or Woohoo to the music.

9KpAgQS.png

Enjoy the Show
    Gather around the stage to watch, dance, and cheer on the performances!

CBRO8ow.png

Perform on Stage
    After the performances, go on stage and keep the tunes flowing. Jam on the piano and sing your heart out.

NfThBJO.png

GETTING HERE

STEP 1

The Sims™ 4 is your ticket to the concert. Select the platform you'd like to buy it on here.

STEP 2

Practice your dance moves while you download The Sims™ 4.

STEP 3

Start the game and get your Sims rock-out ready.

This is like being the one kid at school who turns up on Monday and all the other kids in the class are talking about the party from the weekend.
    I'm not going to go on and on about it in a wild rant. But enough to say I didn't understand from any in-game prompts on the Home Screen what the nature of this "Sims Sessions" was all about.
    But I feel exactly like the kid who apparently wasn't invited.
    And don't be like all the other kids and tell me an invite to everyone was pinned to the classroom notice board!
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,892 Member
    edited July 2021
    I'm gutted, I wasn’t able to go, as it was over by the time my in-game week reached Sunday ;( Shame it didn’t go on longer.
    Post edited by Dianesims on
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member

It's not a matter of changing outfit, it's a matter of editing the clothing for every Sim who attended the festival. They are no longer wearing their previous clothing, as it has been changed. Unless I want Sims walking around my game forever wearing festival shirts, I need to remember what they used to wear, and re-set their outfits.

My options are go back to a previous save, or try to remember what all the Sims were wearing.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,024 Member
    edited July 2021

It's not a matter of changing outfit, it's a matter of editing the clothing for every Sim who attended the festival. They are no longer wearing their previous clothing, as it has been changed. Unless I want Sims walking around my game forever wearing festival shirts, I need to remember what they used to wear, and re-set their outfits.

My options are go back to a previous save, or try to remember what all the Sims were wearing.
    Yes, this what I meant.

The festival T-shirt replaces what was there before, so Sims who have one outfit for everyday will get the festival T-shirt. So I can use the dresser to change them into formal etc but everyday will be the T-shirt. Sims who had other everyday options I can swap easily.

So those Sims with one everyday top, it means going into CAS to change clothes. I don’t think I’d remember what they were wearing before, the style but not actual item. Just annoying as I didn’t ask for thier clothes to be changed! 🙄

Some Sims I will keep the T-shirt on. I had an idea like they can’t believe the Sims Sessions are over and are hanging on and won’t take the T-shirt off! 😂😂😂.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    so yeah... the sessions items are still found in debug and if you shift click the stage, you can still get the performers to perform. (you can also buy the shirts but have to spend $100 first to get a vendor to staff the stall once you put it on a lot)

made sure to include the date on this screenshot to show it was indeed done today
    076376088f3df771170376e608cdfbf5.jpg

also @Coraline_029 by default the 3 performers each have a unique hidden trait tied to their being performers... one thing all three traits seems to share is that it'll delete the sim from your game as soon as they leave whatever lot they're on. even if you've made them played sims.

that said, several people have uploaded their performers. you just have to download them and then probably remove their unique hidden traits to keep them around. (it's easiest to find those sims with the #simsessions hashtag on the gallery, though there's a lot of other stuff under it, too)
  • Options
    Coraline_029Coraline_029 Posts: 71 Member
    @kalaksed So that explains why I can't find them in household management
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,449 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    so yeah... the sessions items are still found in debug and if you shift click the stage, you can still get the performers to perform. (you can also buy the shirts but have to spend $100 first to get a vendor to staff the stall once you put it on a lot)

made sure to include the date on this screenshot to show it was indeed done today

That's good to know. I only managed to see the performance once in my game. Would be nice to be able to add the stage elsewhere in the world and have concert on demand. :smile:
  • Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,762 Member
    Aw, the festival's already over? Wish these one off events could last a bit longer. I understand why they can't, just may have had time to actually play this one if it had been just a few more days. Oh well.
  • Options
    susannesimssusannesims Posts: 128 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »

076376088f3df771170376e608cdfbf5.jpg

also @Coraline_029 by default the 3 performers each have a unique hidden trait tied to their being performers... one thing all three traits seems to share is that it'll delete the sim from your game as soon as they leave whatever lot they're on. even if you've made them played sims.

that said, several people have uploaded their performers. you just have to download them and then probably remove their unique hidden traits to keep them around. (it's easiest to find those sims with the #simsessions hashtag on the gallery, though there's a lot of other stuff under it, too)

Thank you for that insight!

Also, hidden trait?? Hmm, wonder if MCCC will add the ability to add that hidden trait to another sim. Custom performances and concerts with MCCC and the TOOL mod anyone? 😍
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,414 Member
    I'm happy if sims will keep the shirts on. That's what happens IRL anyway. You buy a band t-shirt and wear it all the time. It's not just something you put on at the festival! My boyfriend wears nothing else than band t-shirts. This will also give be the feeling that some of the sims got to attend the festival even if I couldn't play them :) Might edit some in case I want their regular outfit back.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I got to send three of my households there: I on the PC, and 2 on the PS4.
    Now that the first Sims Session Music festival is over. I wonder if they have plans for another in the future. And if so, I wonder who they'll get to appear at the second Sims Session Music festival.
  • Options
    GreylingGreyling Posts: 164 Member
    kalaksed wrote:
    > @greyling it absolutely is possible, but you'll be using cheats to do it (i know that some are opposed to cheats in general, even for stuff like this)
    > also, removing their hidden traits also removes the possibility of them performing those unique piano playing and bowing animations (at least for now. i'm still hoping modders somewhere will unlock those animations)
    > i'll provide a brief guide to that below, under spoilers

@kalaksed Sorry for the belated response, big birthday week in the family, but thank you so so much for your thorough and informative explanation on how to remove the hidden traits. I don’t mind using cheats that much, especially in a test save, I just wish the game would let you know if you’ve entered the cheat code correctly. But Bebe still seems to be hanging around so I assume I got it right.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top