Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Henford-on-Bagley World Discussion Thread

Comments

• netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Without going back through loads of posts on this thread and others does anyone know who the other game changer is who built the lots? I’ve seen the videos for Devon bumpkin, hey Harrie and Claire Siobhan I don’t know who the other game changer is who built for this pack to see their build videos.
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I hate breaking up the adorable gay elderly couple that comes with the game. But I'm tempted to make them best friends, and not lovers, so they can date the Crumplebottoms.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    logion wrote: »

Only four lots that are empty, the rest seem occupied already. :/

If there was any more unoccupied lots there'd be nothing there...
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    netney52 wrote: »
    Without going back through loads of posts on this thread and others does anyone know who the other game changer is who built the lots? I’ve seen the videos for Devon bumpkin, hey Harrie and Claire Siobhan I don’t know who the other game changer is who built for this pack to see their build videos.

@netney52 It's Thomas TV. One video of his is up already.
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    edited July 2021

It looks to me like Bramblewood has the non-occupied starter lot next to the waterfall and a rental lot at the bottom of the hill. Old New Henford has an unoccupied lot next to the empty lot. Finchwick has 2 unoccupied lots. That would be a total of 6 available lots, if I am seeing this correctly. 2 available lots in each neighborhood. Or was that changed after the GC had their go?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    I thought the world was absolutely gorgeous. So peaceful and serene with all the wide open spaces. Can't wait to bike around and explore.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Monet11 wrote: »

It looks to me like Bramblewood has the non-occupied starter lot next to the waterfall and a rental lot at the bottom of the hill. Old New Henford has an unoccupied lot next to the empty lot. Finchwick has 2 unoccupied lots. That would be a total of 6 available lots, if I am seeing this correctly. 2 available lots in each neighborhood. Or was that changed after the GC had their go?

IMO I think each neighborhood/sections need like 1-2 more lots. Old New Henford in particular could easily fit more farm size friendly lots. Kind of wish the south left side of the Bramblewood forest had another lot or two besides the occupied public one.
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    I thought the world was absolutely gorgeous. So peaceful and serene with all the wide open spaces. Can't wait to bike around and explore.

Agree. I loved watching Iron Seagull's video of the ambient noises. It was so relaxing that I almost fell asleep during the sunset. lol
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    logion wrote: »

Only four lots that are empty, the rest seem occupied already. :/

If there was any more unoccupied lots there'd be nothing there...

Yeah...I guess you are right.
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I’m so confused by the Scott family.

It looks like they have a house in the world
    But they are also listed as the bar owners on the community bulletin board

Do they own the bar? Do they autonomously walk over there and start pouring drinks?

Do they give out quests? Are we giving out quests as them?

• GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    That forest park lot in the Bramblewood is going to be where my spellcaster is going to live. Shame I have to delete that park but the other lots in that area are just far too small and too close to each other for him to be truly happy there! I really wanted him to live at the top of the waterfall but it’s only 30x20! Too tiny!!! I think the 64x64 lot is where I’ll end up placing my Croft Manor as well.
  • HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    imhappy wrote: »

Do they own the bar? Do they autonomously walk over there and start pouring drinks?

If they are unplayed, they'll be the npc guides for the bar lot. And every major character does seem to have their own unique quests. But if you actually play the household, they'll despawn as the bar NPCs and someone else will now "own" the bar and manage the quests. That'll happen with every one of the named NPCs if they move into a household. I think they're the only ones who can be played from the world map and become that way. Which does explain why most are just normal townies and can't be played as naturally.

Also the Crumplebottoms are immune to this and will not die. (Somehow)
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Jennifer_Jennifer_ Posts: 42 Member
    Handel wrote: »

If they are unplayed, they'll be the npc guides for the bar lot. And every major character does seem to have their own unique quests. But if you actually play the household, they'll despawn as the bar NPCs and someone else will now "own" the bar and manage the quests. That'll happen with every one of the named NPCs if they move into a household. I think they're the only ones who can be played from the world map and become that way. Which does explain why most are just normal townies and can't be played as naturally.

Do you think that if you cheat and edit them in CAS they’ll change from being NPCs? Would like for them to continue owning the bar, but edit their appearance.

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member

Thank you for posting this map here. This is exactly what I need to prepare the some lots in advance.
  • Jennifer_Jennifer_ Posts: 42 Member
    Do we think the Cordelia Falls refers to Anne of Green Gables?
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    Jennifer_ wrote: »
    Do we think the Cordelia Falls refers to Anne of Green Gables?

I think this is meant as a reference to princess Cordelia. She is mentioned in some object descriptions in sims 4 and maxis created her on the gallery. Princess Cordelia is part of sims lore.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I love the map! I think there is a perfect spread with smaller and larger lots, and I like that the two most rural hoods seem quite open. I still play families n all my worlds, so I can't focus on building up 10-12 new families in a new world anyway, so I'll probably focus on 1-2 households per hood of Henford world, and keep just a few of the premades until I need their lots. I appreciate the village vibe without needing to spend lots of lots for community purposes. I think I will like this solution, but I do worry a bit for the weather - if they get lots of rain the town square might be a bit less busy. I also wonder how the weekly fair will react to rain storms etc.

Re Cordelia Falls, I too think it refers to Princess Cordelia Thebe. It suits my story perfectly, because in my game Henford-on-Bagley is pretty close to Britechester, they are both England inspired, and Princess Cordelia is also mentioned as being involved with some of the University of Britechester buildings. I don't reallly know what the princess did in the water falls, but I'll make up a story :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited July 2021
    There are no Pee Bushes in Bramblewood close to Cordelia Falls. I hope we can place some.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    And say that I thought Sunlani was small...
    Lu4ERme.gif
    Just finished watching Devon Bumpkins video. He built the pub and the house on the 64x64 lot. Both are awesome. And he's so entertaining. 🥰
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    I'm pretty sure HoB will become my favorite world. :)
    When Island Living was released I got stuck in Sulani for a long time and didn't want to play in any other world for a while. I'm quite sure the same thing will happen with HoB... and I don't mind it, not at all.
    Same. Brindleton Bay had been my favorite since Seasons released but that's about to change. 🙂
  • chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    Handel wrote: »

That's a slight disappointment but thankfully it doesn't sound like it ruins the gameplay, just renders it slightly pointless to set playable households as pub owners....

It does make me hope that one day venue ownership will be possible. I've wanted to be able to own my own bar in game for years!
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Just finished watching Devon Bumpkins video. He built the pub and the house on the 64x64 lot. Both are awesome. And he's so entertaining. 🥰

I'd never heard of him before but decided to go look since he has got such an appropriate name!

I found out that I absolutely adore his builds, they are perfect <3