Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited July 2021
    July - Day 6: "Innocents - Two sleep, while one awakens..."

9QjNE7o.png

Notes
    VDy4dBH.png
    I took a ton of screenshots of the second story addition and other changes made to the house. Since there are so many, I decided to make a slideshow on Imgur instead of making them an update post. Once I have it finished, I'll post a link for anyone interested in checking it out.

Essa needed bits and pieces to begin using the Fabricator and to make more candles. Here she is using their new Recycler placed on the second floor balcony for the first time.

aBpPk4c.png
    The first project she attempts is a dining table, which is successful. Next up was a set of four chairs. The first chair went well, as for the second?

axrYSNK.png
    Not so much. The Fabricator decided to have some fun with Essa. What it didn't count on was Essa fighting back! She put up quite a fight. I was impressed!

HDae3fI.png
    But in the end, the Fabricator won the match and flung Essa out of the machine to land unceremoniously on the floor. Obviously she wasn't going to let some upstart machinery intimidate her from continuing to use it and went right back to making chairs.

uvtXAtD.png
    While Josh was busy outside taking care of the garden, bees and insects, I panned over to the girls room and got a BIG surprise! Not exactly what you want to see standing in your children's nursery. Somehow, despite the fact her urn is in household inventory, Inna Cents was able to appear in their home. How? I watched her to see what she would do and followed her when she floated out of the room and down the hall toward the living area.

GEY9XLJ.png
    She stopped right there and stared at Josh, who was so shocked to see her, he was frozen in place.
    "Hello Josh, remember me?"

eKG9Tou.png
    Meanwhile Josee needed to pee so being Miss Independent, she got up and went potty all by herself! Good girl!

Rx8K34U.png
    "How did you get here? Your urn is in storage a few miles away."
    "Oh my dear boy, don't you know? Wherever you go, I can find you. We're connected now. It was easy."
    "But...why are you here?"
    "I got bored stuffed in that dusty 'ol jar all the time and needed some fun."

a0jTKK0.png
    "Wait! Where are you going? What's your name? Do you have a family? Don't you miss them? We can't help you unless we know your name."
    "All in good time, my dear, all in good time. You will find out soon. For now, I rather fancy having a bit of fun. I want to play while I can. But I will tell you this, yes I have a family and yes I miss them. But they will be fine without me for awhile longer."

She disappeared after that and I thought she was gone. But, then I heard her laughing and giggling to herself. It was coming from the bathroom.

x0q7OFv.png
    She was haunting the bath tub. She didn't break it though, just had some fun with it. I heard the music which meant she'd left the tub, but couldn't find her again. Since she'd manifested in the nursery, I decided to look there one more time.

zAFdhFq.png
    There she was indeed, being shocked at Essa's Freezer Bunny in the forest painting. Why would a painting of a bunny peeking from behind a tree be so shocking to a ghost? Once again she seemed to disappear.

h5vOZGC.png
    Jessah woke up and needed to pee too, but unlike her sister, she needed help from someone. Daddy to the rescue.

gTbKpSF.png
    Josee had grabbed an Italian meatball from a platter Josh put out on the counter. Since he made the dish, it will never spoil being left there for the girls to grab a serving whenever they're hungry.

xuxilC2.png
    Josee? What did you do with your plate? She looks pretty proud of herself. Wasn't in her inventory, so I looked around the room and...

6uJUznL.png
    Jessah! How in the world did you get that up there?
    "Blabberblupbthhh"
    Translation - "I threw it. Pretty good eh?"

PxPSZhb.png
    There she is! Just chillin' in the rocking chair. It seemed she was going to stick around for awhile, but it was getting close to 6 a.m. now which is the time ghosts usually go back to their urns. Just as suspected, right on tme, Inna stood up and disappeared in a puff of smoke. I'm still perplexed how she got out of the urn. I wonder if she'll visit again?

hfi30Kt.png
    Josee went across the hallway to stack some blocks, while Jessah finally finished using the potty and grabbed her own Italian meatball.

PGMhwo7.png
    Instead of sitting on her bed, Jessah chose one of the poufs instead. Look how cute she is sitting there. Don't fall off the back of the pouf Honey! She had good balance though and ate without incident. I thought maybe she'd put her plate on that shelf, but nope. She put it on the new dining table in the kitchen.

hwLmdup.png
    Since Essa was still busy making things on the Fabricator, Josh changed the girls out of their bedtime onesies to their every day outfits. He took them both into the playroom after that to show them the dollhouse. It was getting close to time for Essa to leave for work, so with the two occupied, he went to tell Essa what time it was in case she'd lost track of the time.

"Nom, nom, nom."

I guess Jessah enjoys the taste of doll hair. o.O

s4KFB4V.png
    Since she's a silly goose, she put the doll away and laughed at herself. They're having a good time playing together.

rPkQ5gg.png
    Speaking of playing together, Josh found Essa getting ready to take a shower and...well...

csJAoYM.png
    Needless to say, Essa went to work with a big smile on her face. Josh went back to the playroom to check on the girls.

88d8DNX.png
    And thus ended my play session this time with Josh playing with Josee and Jessah stacking blocks. I'm sure they'll have a fun day with Daddy while Mommy works.

Comments/replies coming up next on all your great updates! Hope y'all had a wonderful day/night! <3
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    @Skeilah
    Oh, I love that house! It's unique, rustic, yet somehow still luxurious. :) I wondered if Naoki might get jealous of Bryon and Duane's friendship at some point. ;) Uh, guys!? Probably not the best thing to do with teens and kids nearby. LOL! *GASP!* Go back to hibernating Curse! Or better yet, stay until the Sun comes out. Muwahahaha! >:)

Great tan Bryon, ehh, most of it! ;) Kava party, cool! Duane's wife is cute! Not surprised Bryon has finished the first milestone already, this aspiration is very easy to complete. Good job though Bryon!

@permanentrose
    But of course he'd give his little sister a discount! ;) Aww man, Jules! Bonehilda was just trying to help out, she's not an intruder! :D I'm sure she'll forgive Jules. It's probably not the first time someone was surprised to see her and freaked out. :D So nice of you to get them married and give them triplet boys. They're cute!

Very cool children can write a book in a vanilla game. Seems I learn something new about this game every day. :) Oh yeah, I know all about the Super Efficient Baby care for Super Parents. I did a 100 Baby Challenge and learned about it then. :)

@SoulGal7
    What a wonderful Honeymoon! I love the Hermit's area, it's so pretty! Had some Sims stay in the Hermit's Hut while they were there after befriending them. Yep, the Hermit knows! I think Sakura suspects now herself! HAHA! I'm with Wolfgang, I'd take fish over beetles any day!

Oh thank goodness! So glad Sakura told Wolfgang about Kyoshi calling her, clean slate now, no secrets. :) Perfect way to start the New Year. Looks like they had a great New Years Eve/New Years! And YES! Wolfgang finally got to see Sakura's sexy outfit! Gah, he looks so cute sitting there in his tiger hat!

HAHA! Oh boy! I've had that happen before, except during the Romance Festival. I put a closet at the Karaoke bar and when my Sims were woo hooing, the fireworks shot off. I was so surprised, but pleased, of course. I wondered if that's what happened for them since, my couple's fireworks were shaped like a heart too! ;)

@Ellupelluellu
    Oh! That's right, he's a celebrity, forgot about that. :) Ah, okay, thanks for letting me know about the paintings. Don't have an occasion much to paint those emotional ones. hehe Nope, Josh is doing well taking care of the twins, no searching, he knows what to do. :)

Congrats to Malcom for finishing the writing aspiration! Now he's a lawyer eh? Cool :) Aww, little darling hugging Blarfy! Well see, Melody just wanted to be near Mona is why she ate there instead of at the table and then moved to it when Mona left. :) hehe SO glad I have autonomy turned off! Otherwise I imagine Josh would be doing the same thing with the twins! :D I absolutely love the play interaction with toddlers! Just hearing them giggle makes me smile. :)

LOL! Uh, nice heels there Joey! ;) Simeon looks so funny on the slopes! Love those paintings, so pretty! Landscapes are my favorite. :) Aww, Josh. Playing the concerned OBGYN again. So sweet! So glad they're friends. I LOVE Sandra's smile! Tsk, Geoffrey! Sheesh! Huh, I wonder who the heck is her stan? I hope you find out soon!
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Finally some challenge sims started showing up in today's update :)
    --

Update 186 - Customer Concerto

LTxNj32.png
    Once again, the store was open, and this time, Bryon wandered in to look around.
    oyP5imj.jpg

He chatted with Emmett for a bit but didn't end up buying anything.
    B5gfimF.png

And Sakura showed up too! Jules recognized her from her uni days, and the two caught up.
    OAPJ96V.jpg

And apparently Sakura is an engineer in this save!
    dh4TLZN.png

Sakura: "This is a really nice store you have here! I am an artist myself, and I love supporting other artists, so I'd definitely like to buy something."
    QdvYuWm.jpg

And she picked one off the dog and cat painting wall <3 (The paintings are definitely the most popular item in the store. I sell a few books here and there as well, but sadly no one has been interested in Ruby's knitted items :frowning:)
    25gEDEF.png

Well, Ruby is not easily defeated. Even though her knitted items weren't selling well, she still wanted to share her talents with the world (I have been playing with full autonomy on, so this was 100% Ruby's decision to play a concerto in the middle of a crowded store :D)
    XYPXvoY.png

I thought Sakura would leave after that, but she decided to go clean the toilet in the store, which ONCE AGAIN HAD BEEN PRANKED 😩
    5tv4CN9.png

And after that, she went to show her support to another artist. She watched Ruby for a while and even gave her a tip before finally heading out.
    lrMAROI.png

Other notable customers - Kaori, and Zane's mom. So many undisguised aliens wandering around here! Usually my aliens wear their disguises, so I'm not sure what's up with that, but hey, glad they feel comfortable being their true selves :)
    e4pLypk.png

The store had cleared out by now, and Jules and Emmett decided to close the store, but Caleb Vatore lingered for a bit, unnoticed by Ruby, who had been lost in her music for nearly 10 hours by now :D
    JNMVoG5.jpg
    Here's a link to a small slideshow of their home renovation including a 2nd floor loft/balcony. Not as many screenshots as I thought since I cut out a lot of them. Hope y'all like it and have a wonderful day/night! <3

Hunters ECO Haven 2nd Story Renovation Slideshow

@permanentrose
    Very cool Bryon and Sakura visited the store. Of course she bought a painting! In my Bakery/Art Gallery store called, Artsy Tartsy, the paintings were always more popular than the baked goods too! Funny how Sakura cleaned the toilet, very nice of her to do that! Of course it was pranked, guessing Emmett is responsible. hehe Wow, generous of Ruby to play for 10 hours! o.O Poor kid must've been starving/tired/have to pee or something after all that time! Now that's a music lover! ;) Hopefully someone will buy one of her knitted creations soon! I love Jules' outfit, so cute! Caleb looks so different with that hair! Fun update! :)
  • sassytxbratsassytxbrat Posts: 225 Member
    Mia Patina
    July 7
    Week 10 Thursday

2021-06-27-07_43_04-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1
    ~Teresa~
    My Sims 4 Gallery // EA ID: TSmetana
  • IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    Willow Creek: Day Two - Another Party
    07-04-21_8-09-09-pm.jpg
    Jaz woke up for the second night in a strange bed, and felt an overwhelming sense of disorientation wash over them. Only this morning, there wasn’t even a familiar face to count on. They weren’t alone, but it felt like it, because Jaz didn’t know any of them other than the rudimentary details – like names. Jaz slipped out of bed without waking their room-mate, and headed downstairs. Jaz hoped someone they knew would be in the kid’s chat room, but no dice on that one. Sighing deeply, Jaz went back upstairs to get ready for school. Penny greeted Jaz cheerfully, and offered to help Jaz organize their stuff in the closet. Jaz shrugged, and declined, not wanting to show how depressingly empty their small backpack of personal things really was.
    07-05-21_6-46-47-pm.jpg
    From downstairs, there came a clear call to breakfast, and, realizing that once again they were going to get a hot meal before school, Jaz hurriedly stuffed their feet into their worn out sneakers and tried to tie them while running for the stairs. Giving up, they just were careful to not trip, and grabbed a plate of Eggs and Toast.
    07-05-21_6-48-04-pm.jpg
    Everyone headed for the living room, which seemed odd when they had a REAL dining room, but who was Jaz to say? At least tying the shoes was finally accomplished, then food quickly disappeared. Jaz tried to help with dishes, but was summarily shooed out of the kitchen to head to school. Feeling even more disoriented, Jaz grabbed their school books and followed their foster siblings out of the front door.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    In Del Sol Valley, Marnie’s phone rang:
    07-05-21_7-24-07-pm.jpg
    “Hello??” Marnie replied, grateful that at least her phone was actually working again. Finding out it was the bank definitely wasn’t the best “welcome back” to phone calls, however.
    07-05-21_7-26-41-pm.jpg
    Marnie listened, and the longer the phone call went on, the more her face fell. So much so, that the actress woman who ran the shelter seemed to feel the negative emotions and came in to investigate.
    07-05-21_7-41-41-pm.jpg
    “Are you okay, Marnie?” she asked after Marnie hung up the phone.

“I am. I guess.” Marnie replied, “Just not a nice phone call. More things going wrong.”

“Oh? I’m so sorry. What is it this time?” the woman asked sympathetically.
    07-05-21_7-42-29-pm.jpg
    “The bank was just calling to let me know the house was foreclosed upon and if I can’t pay the balance due by next week, it goes up for auction. Apparently Bennie hasn’t paid a single payment on the mortgage since we moved in. There’s nothing I can do about it. I will be homeless – and jobless – after I leave this shelter.” Marnie stated matter-of-factly. Looking away, she followed it up with a muttered, “And since I’ve lost the kids, I’m not sure it matters anymore.”
    07-05-21_7-43-19-pm.jpg
    “Oh, sweetie. Even though the kids are in care, you know you could always work to get them back! What can you do? What are your skills?”

“Cleaning? Feeding kids? … and apparently I’m not all that good at that, either.” Marnie said drily.

The actress gasped, and asked, “Nothing else? Hm. Well, there’s plenty of things you can learn to do here. And I suggest you take advantage of Dr. Altman, a local therapist who donates her services here once a week, talking to our guests when they need someone to talk to. I can set up a time for her to meet with you, if you’d like.”

“Oh. Well, I’ll think about it…” Marnie said, then turned to look at the front door, where someone was knocking.

The actress answered the door, then turned to Marnie. “It’s for you, honey.”
    07-05-21_7-49-13-pm.jpg
    Marnie looked in shock as none other than Bella Goth walked through the front door jauntily. “Marnie, sweetie, am I glad to have finally found you!” she said, holding out her arms as if to hug her.

Marnie dodged her, and went to sit down in the TV room, leaving room for Bella to sit beside her. “How are you, Bella? Better since Cassandra’s violin was found, I’d imagine?” Marnie commented.
    07-05-21_7-49-25-pm.jpg
    “Oh, sure. Things are much better now. Although I’m terribly sorry about Benji. And then Bennie leaving you high and dry. You poor thing. I wanted to stop by and give you an offer.” Bella said, then paused to give Marnie a chance to respond.

“… An .. offer?” Marnie said, suspiciously.

“Yes. I’ve been looking for a housekeeper. We’ve also been talking about putting in another bedroom or two on our house, to accommodate the baby, and possibly to house live-in help. I know you’re good at cleaning, and .. well, without the kids, I figured you would need something to do. We could offer you room and board as well as some money for the position. You would have time to yourself, too, for improving yourself and working to get your babies back.” Bella stopped, and took a nervous breath, looking expectantly at Marnie.
    07-05-21_7-50-17-pm.jpg
    “Bella….” Marnie sighed again, then continued, “I’ll definitely need to think about it.”

“Oh. Um, of course.” Bella said, looking extraordinarily disappointed, “I just figured, since your home was going up for auction.. you would need a place to stay…”
    07-05-21_7-50-41-pm.jpg
    Marnie looked at Bella, considering what her friend had said. “How did you find out about that?” she asked, unhappy that her business seemed to be all over the town.

“Oh, I went to your house to see you… and I found the foreclosure notice. So I called the bank, and they told me the rest. I also was able to find out where you were. I hurried right over. I mean, obviously, we’d have to wait to move you in until either Cassandra goes to college next year, or the addition is done, but I wanted you to have some hope of a home coming soon.” Bella said, blithely.

Trying hard not to show their annoyance, Marnie mumbled something about being tired, and that she would definitely think about it. “I’ll.. uh, call you.” Marnie finished, and got up to retreat to her cottage where she could be alone for a while.

Bella sat there for a moment, looking rather confused at her friend’s obvious depression, and uninterest in the charity offered to her. Finally, Sophia Nelson left the company of the other two young ladies living with her, and headed over towards Bella. “Everything okay, ma’am?” she asked, curiously.

Bella dusted off her dress, and pasted on a smile. “Of course, Ms. Nelson. I really appreciate all you do for the women here. Can I offer you a donation?”

Sofia brightened immediately, and showed Bella to her office for a more private chat.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Back in Willow Creek:
    07-05-21_10-30-58-pm.jpg
    By the time Jaz got off the school bus, the skies had let loose. All of the kids piled off the bus and made a mad dash for the front door, all glancing worriedly at the sky.
    07-05-21_10-32-34-pm.jpg
    Jaz and Penny chatted after coming in through the door, but Penny then remembered her homework, and wandered away. Jaz shrugged, and went into the front office to check the computer. Having a computer in the home was still a novelty, and, after checking for Colin on the chat app, they got up, and accepted a bowl of fresh salad from Layla.
    07-05-21_10-34-18-pm.jpg
    “Thanks, Layla. I am hungry.” Jaz said, then cringed at the clap of thunder from outside. “Yuck. I hate storms. How about you?”

“Actually, I like them.” Layla said, with a smile, then she rolled her eyes, “Most of the other kids are afraid of them, so my bed is often a safe place to hide at a midnight storm. At least it’s big enough for most everyone to hide under the covers together.”

Both turned to look as the phone rang, and then, amazingly, Wendy Judd came in with the phone, “Jaz, phone call for you!”

Looking very confused, Jaz answered the phone timidly. “Hello?”

“Hiya sis! How is your new home??” Myles asked, then, without a pause, “I have the best home, in fact, my new foster parents are letting me throw a party for my birthday tonight! Can you come?”

Jaz paused, then asked Wendy. They had never been invited to, or even had, a birthday party. Jaz didn’t really want to go to Myles’ … but who knew when they’d ever get another opportunity, so they’d better ask. Wendy agreed, and called Matt in, asking if he’d be willing to drop Jaz off. Matt agreed, as well, and asked where the party was.

“Myles? Where’s the party?” Jaz asked, obediently.

“The Landgraab house, in Oasis Springs. So, can you come? We’re going to play games, and have CAKE, and, yeah, it’s going to be GREAT!”

Confused as to why it would be at the Landgraab house, but unwilling to ask, Jaz turned and relayed the information to Matt. He looked as surprised as she was. “Sure, I can take you there. What time?”

Myles, who apparently could hear Matt, replied “6 o’clock, okay? I’ll see you then! Gotta go, I have other people to call!”

Jazz pulled the phone away from their ear, and looked at it bemusedly. “It’s at six, apparently.”

Matt nodded, smiled, and suggested Jaz go get ready, since that was less than an hour away.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Later, at the Landgraab’s mansion in Oasis Springs:
    07-06-21_8-43-19-am.jpg
    The fun and games had already started by the time Jaz got there, but clearly Myles had been waiting for them. He handed Jaz a controller without missing a beat, and Jaz was quickly swept up into multiplayer party games.
    07-06-21_8-43-45-am.jpg
    Myles’ whole club was there, and so was Phoenix, but Phoenix seemed to have mellowed out in the last day or two, because no mention was made of Jaz’s new gender. The party continued until they were called to the kitchen by a caterer.
    07-06-21_8-46-06-am.jpg
    Myles, who seemed to have adjusted easily to the high life, gathered all his friends, and ran to blow out his candles.
    07-06-21_8-46-15-am.jpg
    There were presents, and cake, and food.. and then they were handed “party favors.” Jaz’s head was spinning by the time it was nearly time to go. They bid their goodbyes to their brothers, and it wasn’t until Jaz got to Matt’s car that they realized they’d never asked exactly WHY Myles was at the Landgraab’s house.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Bonus Image:
    07-06-21_5-21-25-pm.jpg
    Myles’ teenage Makeover. He got the Perfectionist Trait, and the Curator aspiration. I will update this info to the cast of characters, along with his other outfits, in a couple of days.
    @Ellupelluellu
    Your paintings from reference are so nice! I have that mod installed that makes them really crisp too, but I always forget to use it. Mona is really cute. I wouldn't mind a bit if you had a full toddler update haha. Well, I'm sure you might soon enough with three of them around! I'm excited to see them and see what you name them :) Good luck finding your stan haha. Also I was totally loling at Joey's shows :D And I do always love seeing Jules, she is looking quite stunning in your game :)

@Karababy52
    I see we both had eerie visitors in our updates from yesterday haha. Well, yours is especially eerie, since you did nothing to summon her and she was in your inventory! I didn't know ghosts could do that, kind of cool, though also unsettling. The vampires who die from sunlight exposure look so cool with that orb too. Good that the girls didn't seem to be frightened of her - did they actually see her during their potty breaks, or did they fall back asleep? What skill/trait makes sims be able to cook food that doesn't spoil? Totally forgot about that nice little feature. I'll need to be cooking more with a toddler in my game again soon. Ruby has the forever full trait (and the steel bladder one) - which actually answers one of your comments about my post, she did get pretty tired after playing the violin for so long, but that's really the only need that gets low these days for her if I keep her social and fun ones up :) Hahaha, too funny with the look on Jessah's face after she "tossed" her plate up there. Shelves can be a pain for that very reason, I remember when I first started playing this game, I would get so frustrated when they would get that uncomfortable moodlet due to filthy surroundings and I could never find the cause - turns out they were just stacking dirty dishes on shelves out of sight haha. Super cute toddler pictures of them skilling and having fun - I bet they'll be best friends in no time. It's nice they have a sibling to grow up with :)

Your house is looking great too! It fits in very nicely with the style of this pack and world too. You must be bringing in the simoleons pretty steadily these days to be able to add so much on to your house!

edited July 2021
    July - Day 7: "Little Miss Personality!"

RlAZsRw.png

Notes
    FVXqHyE.png
    These two were having a conversation, but since they can't talk yet, I'll be writing what I imagine they said to each other as 'thoughts.'

(Why sad?)
    (I pee floor. Not potty.)

eqJlLZ5.png
    (I sad you sad.)

zuH59eN.png
    (Oo Oo Ah Ah! I monkey!)
    (You silly!)

And then they hugged, which is the Daily Post pic. :)

FtCatK9.png
    Josh reads Josee a story before nap time while Jessah listens. He'll clean up Josee's accident afterward and then put Jessah down for a nap too.

CXJfgIh.png
    He tried to read her a story, but she was too tired and fell asleep in the middle of it. Josh did some chores around the house while the girls napped. Obviously Essa had gone to work.

N0ZIsp5.png
    Josee woke up first from her nap and went in the playroom to hug Blarfy and tell him a series of stories. Perhaps about a dream she had. Yup, that's what happened, I totally did not make her babble, babble, babble at Blarfy to get her communication skill up. Nope, not me. ;)

2fY18fP.png
    Jessah woke up and had to pee real bad. Josh helped her out and she finally reached Level 2 and can now go all by herself.

FCTSGSx.png
    Josh dressed her back into her play clothes and gave Jessah a hug in congratulations.
    "You're such a good girl sweet pea. Daddy loves you so much."

Awwww....I'm not crying, you're crying! Honestly though, if I had to pick only one animation that is my absolute favorite in the game, this would be it!

nyyMmuL.png
    While Josee continued to talk, er, babble at Blarfy, Josh had lunch with Jessah and they had a bit of fun being silly together.

8lNvR2R.png
    Bath time!

Every toddler I've ever had splashed water on their parents and the parents would always get an angry moodlet for getting wet. Not Josh. He raised two daughters in another save and he didn't get angry then either. :)

YuCM271.png
    Nom, nom, nom...
    (Taste like chicky!)

4opzsBL.png
    Since Josee was still busy with Blarfy and they only have the one bear, Josh tried to teach Jessah how to talk.

"Daddy. Say Daddy. Daddy! Can you say Daddy sweet pea?"

N7LMHnK.png
    "Dabny?"
    "Eh, not quite. But good try."

GkxsAuS.png
    Look out, cover your eyes! It's a wild toddler in a purple diaper and pink slippers on the loose! *gasp*

Honestly, why is this censored? And where did those slippers come from? o.O Yarny looks shocked at least. ehehe

FXAKdJU.png
    Josee finally maxed the communication skill and can now 'talk.' She took a break to have some lunch and have a chat with Mommy who had returned home from work.

"Blarfy big bear!"
    "Yes he is! That's Mommy's smart little girl, yes she is!"

Essa went upstairs to make an Eco upgrade part on the Fabricator for her daily work task, while Josee played with the dollhouse.

ds8p4j5.png
    After her bath, Josh wanted to play with Jessah. He'd already played with Josee and had so much fun. He wanted to share that fun with her too. But...

F4imNBe.png
    She defiantly turned him down, shaking her head and fists saying, "No!" She had an angry red moodlet that said, "Don't wanna do that and you can't make me!" Or something similar.

Look at Josh's face, he's crushed. I have never, ever in all the years I've been playing with him seen him this disappointed. It kills me seeing that look on his face and knowing his own daughter put it there.

SDyD7Oa.png
    Such a cold, cold look on her tiny face. She doesn't care that he's sad. Not one little bit.

X1F5SJz.png
    Since Josh needs to discipline 5 times for the Super Parent aspiration, I had him try to do that for her defiance in a calm manner.

aIfqZr4.png
    She was having none of it and stomped her foot, balled up her little fists and glared at him.

"Alright, if that's the way it has to be. Go ahead, have your fit, get it out of your system."

3ztw1Ll.png
    Josh calmly walked over to the rocking chair, sat down and slowly rocked back and forth, back and forth staring straight ahead. He was purposely ignoring her.

FIerZkq.png
    Jessah threw a whopper of a temper tantrum! Stomping her foot over and over, shaking her fists, yelling and whining, throwing her head back and roared her anger. I thought she might even throw herself on the floor, but she didn't. Look at that face!

EkoUC6Z.png
    She bent forward staring right at Josh and gave out one final "AHHHHHHHHH!" before finally stopping. She looked at the floor as Josh got up from the rocker.

4NHmqCe.png
    "Are you finished? Do you feel better now."
    Jessah laughed, I assume in embarrassment (probably just because she's silly though) since she covered her mouth.

2INJd71.png
    Jessah ran straight into Josh's wide open arms when he knelt down and said, "Hug?"
    "I sowwy dabny. Lub dabny."
    "Okay, I love you too Sweetpea!"

Not much of Essa in this update, but I promise you'll see more of her in the next one. She's just been very busy working and when home, making things on the Fabricator or Candlemaking station. It's Wednesday in game now and the twins will age up on Monday. Unfortunately, Essa's next day off isn't until Sunday. She will be taking a couple vacation days to spend time with her daughters before they age up. :)
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited July 2021
    July 3 - Back to Del Sol Valley

oh-gosh-sakura-doesnut-feel-well-mon.png
    It was Monday and their honeymoon, unfortunately, was over. But, Wolfgang and Sakura had a wonderful time together and had already made plans to return to Granite Falls in the summer. They packed up the car and headed back to Windenburg to the Munch household.
    wedding-gift-to-wolf-from-sakura.png

Sakura was then able to give Wolfgang his wedding gift and when he saw the painting, he thought it was a very heartfelt gift. He kissed Sakura and thanked her. They then said their goodbyes to everyone and headed off to the airport.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

When they arrived back home in Del Sol Valley, it was cold and snow covered the ground.

back-home-in-del-sol-valley-it-snowed-honey.png

Before going into the house, Wolfgang just couldn't resist another kiss with Sakura. Although he knew they had to come back to the "real" world, he just wanted to linger a bit longer with Sakura. The time they had spent in Granite Falls had been very special, and they had talked about what they would do when Wolfgang's job in Del Sol Valley ended. Wolfgang was almost at the top of this career now, and only had a few more adjustments on Rosie the Robot for the studio. Soon, Rosie would be able to self-repair and then she would be ready.

came-home-just-in-time-to-tune-up-servvo.png

Wolfgang had done some job hunting on-line and had seen a position for a Civil Engineer job in a place called Evergreen Harbor. They were looking for a Green Technician, who could revitalize Port Promise, which was an industrial port, into a greener, nature thriving area. It would certainly put his university degree to work. He had spoken to Sakura about it, and she had been thrilled and had read that there were many opportunities for crafting, which she excelled at. And after visiting Granite Falls, and receiving their household bill in the mail when they arrived home, (a whopping $10K simoleons), they both agreed that a more off-the-grid eco-friendly lifestyle was what they both wanted. And so, Wolfgang had applied for the position.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    sakura-is-now-a-b-lister-3-star-celebrity-when-she-returned-home-bh.png

As soon as they got in the door, Sakura got a notice that she was now a 3-star celebrity. She was thrilled that sims thought she was "star" material, but Sakura really didn't like being in the spotlight that much. It took work, and some of those phone calls she got from fans were rather mean. She knew that if they moved to Evergreen Harbor she would have to give up her vlogging and making music tracks, but that was just a bonus that sort of came with this house, so she wouldn't miss it too much. Plus, she had read that were many community activities that she could get involved in.

cerebrum-and-all-nighter-fame-perks.png

{Perks chosen for Sakura are All-Nighter (Boost energy and host marathon charity streams), and CelebuSerum (Receive helpful potions in the mail).

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

rosie-is-happy-they-are-home.png

Once Wolfgang did her tune-up, Rosie let out a whoop. She was excited they were home. Ahhh....Rosie! Wolfgang hadn't even bothered to change, and grabbed something from the fridge. Wolfgang said the food on the plane was just not that great. He was hungry. Of course, the first thing that Wolfgang was interested in was getting something to eat. He actually had work in a few hours, and he had to get ready.

wolf-didnt-even-change-home-mon.png

Luckily Sakura had the day off, and she spent some time reading the Herbalism book she had picked up at the Granite Falls gift shop. She wanted to learn all she could so that when they returned in the summer, she would be able to make some natural remedies with the Hermit.

As she was reading, she was suddenly hit with a wave of nausea, but then her stomach settled. It had happened again. Ever since the wedding, Sakura really hadn't been feeling that well. She was sure it was just all the excitement from the wedding, and skipping meals, and lack of sleep. She would ensure that she drank more orange juice, to increase her vitamin intake, and to eat more fruits and vegetables, like carrots and applies. Yes, she just needed to eat better, and Sakura was sure that in a few days, she would be feeling just fine again.

sakura-is-not-feeling-well-mon.png

And if not feeling well wasn't bad enough, Sakura got this horrible phone call from having a public number. Sakura is right, sims can be so mean.
    how-horrible-to-get-this.png

respone-to-tick-tock.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Afterwards, Sakura got a pop-up from her agent about a vlogging assignment, and she thought it would be fun. All she had to do was make a TV Dinner video of her making dinner, and if she used the drone, she would get extra simoleons. It sounded like a good idea, since she needed to make some dinner anyway.

recording-video-tv-dinner-mon.png

fiolming-sakura-eating-her-meal.png

While Sakura was filming making dinner, Wolfgang was hard at work checking product specs on the computer and investigating equipment failures on the robotics table. He felt he was doing a great job keeping up with all the tasks that he decided to ask his boss for a raise.

cheling-product-specs-job-mon-wolf.png

investigate-equip-failures-mon.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Sakura continued her day, and then got another call. This time it was from Maxis Music wondering when she would be making another track. And it looks like Kiyoshi is working for them now. Did he somehow find out that she was with them and got a job with them so that he could call her? Although when he called this time, he was all business. But oh Sakura...why won't Kiyioshi just let go and leave you alone? Perhaps quitting Maxis Music was not such a bad idea afterall.
    kiyoashi-is-with-maxis-music-now.png

Wolfgang was done his work-from-home assignments in record time and continued to up-grade the cargo bay on the rocket ship.

wolfgang-works-on-rocket-cargo-bay-mon.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

For those of you speculating on Sakura's condition, at the wedding, she was actually hungry. Poor girl, I was working her so hard, I forgot to have her eat before the actual wedding ceremony. So, she just ate something from her personal inventory. So, no, she wasn't expecting then.

However...on their honeymoon, I did have Wolfgang and Sakura "try for baby", so...I guess we shall find out what's up. She won't be taking a pregnancy test to determine if she is pregnant or not. I did read that she will get a moodlet if she is pregnant or not, 24 hours afterwards...so perhaps we will find out tomorrow.
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    edited July 2021
    July 4
    zyG4ISF.png

Bryons Diary
    (Imagine that this concert is in Sulani too, although everyone knows that’s not the case, haha)

f71n9e2.png
    The kids and especially the teenagers would be in for a big surprise. Mom and Maria had something planned for them… A live concert of Bebe Rexha: Kristine’s favourite female artist, I should say.

We arrived early in the afternoon, since there would be some opening sets too.

F1z8wYG.png
    (Kristine) “Thank you so much, mom. You’re the best, really.”
    (Randi) “Ahhh, I already know that. Theehee!”
    (Kristine) “Pff-hahaha!”

IPIJ2bQ.png
    (Randi) “Hey, isn’t that Emmett?”
    (Kristine) “Now that you say so, yeah! I wonder why he came here all alone. I bet Ruby would’ve liked this too.”

TQF2z1Z.png
    The first opening act: Joy Oladokun.

GtFraD6.png
    Apparently Hana is a fan!

mHQ2Lr9.png
    And of course, I’m enjoying myself too.

YSTKbgy.png
    Second opening act: Glass Animals’ Dave Bayley.

GqVqizV.png
    Given that I stood near, I overheard the entire conversation between Kristine and Emmett.

(Kristine) “Hi Emmett.”
    (Emmett) “Kristine!! What’re you doing here?!”
    (Kristine) “Surprise from my mom. I didn’t knew you were a fan of these people.”
    (Emmett) “Ehh… Please don’t tell Jules? They think I’m on a business trip…”
    (Kristine) “Hehe, my lips are sealed.”
    (Emmett) “You’re the best!!”

84Sfitf.png
    (Emmett) “But for real, he’s so great!”
    (Kristine) “He is. But I still can’t wait for the main act.”

WnAxMK6.png
    (Kristine) “Can I tell Ruby that I’m with you? I could send her a selfie with us!!”
    (Emmett) “Hmmm… I think we can do that. But just tell her that you happened to be on vacation close to my trip and we bumped into each other.”
    (Kristine) “I didn’t knew you were so sneaky, Emmett.”
    (Emmett) “That’s what you get for being together with Jules, hehe.”

sTkNiTc.png
    Not much later, the main act came on stage.

gzS16Re.png
    Clapping and cheering everywhere.

7Tii9V9.png
    And of course, a beautiful performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-35_lpwfUk
    (I even recorded it on video, since I was enjoying it so much. Now you can all enjoy it with me!)

7uyxnrf.png
    (Bebe) “Thank you so much!!”

Well, that was a nice surprise, wasn't it?
    Post edited by Skeilah on
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    July 5
    0b9umlL.png

Bryons Diary
    The family went to the beach today after sleeping in a little bit. Almost everyone started digging in the sand… Everyone, except for Kristine and Randi.

(Kristine) “This family is still so weird. Luckily mom is sort of normal.”

3dxVhBg.png
    (Randi) “Oh, they’re digging! I wanna join!”
    (Kristine) “Never mind.”

OjTW9e4.png
    (Bryon) “Hmm… Nothing here either…”

oEaSXZz.png
    (Alex) “Hahaha, dad, your belly makes me laugh every time!”
    (Naoki) “You know, this was funny at first, but now it isn’t anymore.”

8smSbee.png
    (Bryon) “Heh, my butt feels warm, I wonder why.”

I3xtMx7.png
    (Bryon) “Let’s continue— Oh my, a woman!!”
    (Woman) "Ehh... Hi?"

zlvB8br.png
    Alex is having a lot of luck finding treasure in the sand... And he likes to brag about it.

FTEc0BQ.png
    (Bryon) “I need to follow him.”

EytjRM3.png
    Alex just keeps finding stuff. I’m not that lucky.

(Bryon) “Come on, this is unfair!”
    (Alex) "Hehehehehe."

0lcj2vF.png
    Let’s search a little more…

fzRXPP2.png
    After hours of searching.

zU0vw3t.png
    My phone rang. Johnny.

(Johnny) “Heyyyy, brother! Isaius and I already started our research, but this can be harder than we thought. Looks like she changed her name. We just gotta find out what her name is now.”
    (Bryon) “Thanks for keeping me updated. How’s Isaius doing?”
    (Johnny) “He’s doing great!! Wanna hear him?”
    (Bryon) “He’s with you?”
    (Johnny) “I’m with him, actually. His apartment is niceeeeee!! Can you believe that I’ve never been here before?!”

(Isaius) “Just give me that phone already. Hey Bryon, how’re you?”
    (Bryon) “I’m doing great, how about you?”
    (Isaius) “Well, I’m stuck wit that little brother of yours, but besides that, yeah, pretty fine.”
    (Bryon) “He’s something else, isn’t he?”
    (Isaius) “Sure is. We already got a good lead on project ‘Find cousin Chelsie’, but unfortunately she indeed happened to change her name. But we’re going to follow our lead and see if we get further.”
    (Bryon) “Nice. Please keep me updated. I was just about to have a barbecue with the family, so I’m going to leave you now.”
    (Isiaus) “Have a nice rest of your vacation. you deserve it.”
    (Bryon) “Bye!!”
    (Johnny) “BYE!!!”

yHtXpe4.png
    I had a little smile on my face as I was grilling stuff.

pzSY27Q.png
    Those brothers of mine…

pc41apD.png
    (Bryon) “If I’m right, someone here was a vegetarian, right? Better safe than sorry.”

qPEO3I5.png
    (Bryon) “Naoki!! You’re supposed to wait until I’m done!”
    (Naoki) “But this looks so good… And I’m so hungry…”
    (Bryon) “Ugh… Fine…”

YDxhwIl.png
    I finally finished making food when the sun already got down. We set up a little fireplace and made ourselves ready to eat.

xSZJ9IH.png
    (Hana) “Oh, this looks good!”
    (Randi) "Totally worth the wait."

wuAd3wV.png
    After the food, we sat together around the fireplace…

8pkXbGq.png
    But it started to rain…

ugutgaq.png
    And the fire went out.

Lgpwzdy.png
    (Bryon) “Well then… Time to go home?”
    (The rest) “Yeah.”
    July 6
    6tXXBXL.png

Bryons Diary
    It’s still raining in Sulani… Like, hard.

vQsOdac.png
    And for some reason, Audrey thought it would be a great idea to walk around in a yellow bear suit.

(Naoki) “I like it!!”
    (Audrey) “Of course you do!!”

wGVKX1P.png
    I decided to leave the family behind and walk around.

52Jw72G.png
    Yes, I like the rain. Nothing is stopping me from exploring the island!

xuwYJIP.png
    I eventually bumped into something that looked like a cave. Gotta explore that too!

66pTSoH.png

TJlbIbM.png
    When I returned from the cave, the rain had stopped. I spotted a buoy and decided to swim towards it.

yvXGdKU.png
    *blub blub*

KeUlzt1.png
    (This aspiration really is easy!)

(Bryon) “Maybe it’s time to go home now, or else they’ll worry.”
    Update 187 - Bouncing Baby Boy!

WFmBvhV.png
    Well there's really no build up for this but I was thinking it was about time Jules birthed this kid so here we go :D
    ---

"Ugh, I don't remember ever getting this big with Ruby! When will this kid finally come??!?"
    uGdmQGX.png

Apparently right now :D
    4g97xMf.jpg

"Jules, are you okay?" Emmett asked as he wandered into the kitchen. "Wait, is that what I think it is??? Jules, we don't have time for this, we need to GO NOW!"
    glzFqlM.jpg

Jules assured him that it wouldn't happen nearly that quickly, but she put down the mop and agreed that it was indeed time to go. They called Dell, who immediately came over to watch Ruby as they made their way to the hospital.

Yep, this looks about right :D
    8qzBIE6.jpg

Eventually Emmett got a grip though and was very supportive through the long and painful labor.
    bUF09rC.jpg

Until finally, their little boy made his appearance. Thanks Dr. C! (Whale onesie was made by @mcrudd so that he could match his nursery <3)
    j69NcIN.png

For a while, they just stared at him in awe, counting his little fingers and toes. "I can't believe he's ours," Emmett said over and over again, gazing at their little boy in admiration. "Welcome to the world, Rowan David Keyes."
    a23dRID.jpg

Once they were settled into their room, Dell brought Ruby over to meet her new little brother. (I just didn't take the time to add Dell to the family to get any screenshots, but we can assume she met the baby too. But really I just wanted to focus on our new family of four <3)
    iyKKT8K.jpg

And here is the moment of truth. How will Ruby react to getting a new sibling???
    t8ek9eW.jpg

Well, it's gonna be a little while before she can actually play with him haha, but yay for a pleasant reaction :)
    thERDf5.png

"Do you want to hold him?" Jules asked. Ruby nodded, too excited to speak. Emmett walked over with him and placed him gently in her arms, and once there, he promptly fell asleep. (I'm dying from the cuteness here 🥰)
    dbYWscd.png

Dell came a few hours later and brought Ruby to stay back at their house for the remainder of Emmett and Jules' hospital stay.

Rowan was getting fussy at this point, so Jules, who is maxed out on the parenting skill, did some "super efficient baby care." Gotta love these animations :D
    xZyB3EB.png

Nice catch ;)
    3gp91Mb.png

And here are some extra photos of Emmett already being such a cute daddy.
    57cUoxD.png
    9jF0iFa.png
    ecc7Ml1.png
    HgFeZvy.png

--
    For his name, I wanted something somewhat Irish since Emmett has Irish roots in his family. I also thought it would be nice for his name to start with R to match Ruby's, so that's where Rowan came from. David is Jules' deceased dad's name, so both Ruby and Rowan have middle names to honor her parents <3
    *Updated my July 7th post above. I'll get started on comments/replies, but might not be able to finish and post them until later today. I hope y'all have a great day/night! <3
    edited July 2021
    @Karababy52 Sorry just realized I wrote the wrong name for the toddler I was referencing in my comment to you. Still getting used to which one is which, I’ll get it soon, especially since I’m starting to see their personalities more in your updates as they appear more and more ❤️
    @permanentrose -
    Congrats on the birth of baby Rowan. Such a nice name. And Ruby gets a nice moodlet when she meets Rowan. Sweet :)

@Skeilah - Have to read some of your up-dates, but just wanted to mention one thing...
    Congrats to Naoki for another nooboo on the way...via alien abduction for real this time! Woot! Can't wait to see what the baby will be :)
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,874 Member

@Karababy52 ,
    Thank you :) It really annoys me that I do not know who the stan is :) I'm running out of options :D Hehe , yes you are most likely right about why Melody decided to eat at couch :)
    --Loved how the house looks, you are talented builder/decorator!
    --Haha, great pics of Essa fighting with the fabricator :p It usually wins, so far haven't seen a sim who won :p OMG, Inna, what a perfect coincidence! And so like Inna to spawn at nursery :D And play with that tub :p Haha, no wonder she left to work smiling :p
    --Aww, toddlers had a super cute day <3

@permanentrose ,
    Thank you :) Yes I really had to look twice when I saw Joey in front of the gallery :D And yes I love that mod, it may make paintings too realistic, but the default is something I do not like :)
    -- Nice that Bryon and Sakura visited the shop ! :) Ruby is future musician and writer, perhaps? :smiley:
    -- Congrats for the new baby! :)

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    Willow Creek: Day Three - Leadership
    07-06-21_9-00-01-pm.jpg
    To Jaz’s delight, the next day they were allowed to travel to Oasis Springs Desert Bloom Park for their club meeting. Above anything else, Jaz was really excited to spend some time with their best friend, Colin. It was hard to spend more than a few minutes together at school, so hanging out at club meetings was at the top of Jaz’s list of favorite things to do. After a big, relieved hug from Colin, they set out to enjoy the day.
    07-06-21_9-01-48-pm.jpg
    They played some soccer, swung on the swings, and then played some Space Pirate. Then, Jaz noticed one of the newest club members, Pierce, seemed to be trying to get Jaz and Elsa’s attention.
    07-06-21_9-02-55-pm.jpg
    Walking over to him, he hailed them enthusiastically, and asked them if Elsa had told them the news. Baffled, Jaz shook their head.
    07-06-21_9-04-31-pm.jpg
    “I’m afraid to tell you, I’m going to have to leave the club. I am very glad for the offer to join, and you guys are amazing, but I know it’s currently kids – only, and my birthday’s coming up this week.” Pierce explained. “If it’s okay with you, I’d still like to be friends, though!”

“Oh.” Jaz replied, taking a moment to take all the information in. “I’d forgotten you were older that us, Pierce! I’ve had such a good time getting to know you. Good luck in high school!”

“Thanks a bunch, Jaz!” Pierce replied, and wandered off to talk to other club members.

Elsa, who appeared to have other things on her mind, asked Jaz if they had any ideas of who could replace Pierce in the club, now that there was an extra spot.
    07-06-21_9-05-58-pm.jpg
    “Shouldn’t you be deciding those kind of things, Elsa?” Jaz asked, confused. “Aren’t you the leader?”

Elsa’s face fell. “Jaz, I really wanted to talk to you about that. I think, truly, you would be a better leader for the club at this point.”

“Wait. What??” Jaz asked, stunned. “You’re a great leader, Elsa, why would you want to step down?”

“Well, it’s no secret that I’m older than you by a year. That, and my parents are sending me across town to a private school, so I’m not sure I’ll be able to put my full attention into being a leader. I’m not leaving the club, and I’ll still try to make meetings on Saturdays, but.. yeah, I just think you should be the leader, not me. You’re the one everyone looks up to, after all.”

“I am?” Jaz squeaked.

“Definitely.” Elsa said, decisively, “I’ve already talked to everyone else, and they all agree you’re the best choice. So, what do you say?”

“Um… sure. I guess I can give it a whirl. At least I have your excellent leadership skills to pattern mine after.” Jaz replied with a smile, “I guess that’s why you were asking me who I thought would make a good new club member, huh?”

“Yep!” Elsa replied with a smile. “So, you have anyone in mind?”

Jaz thought for a moment, and then an idea occurred to them. “Give me a minute, I think I know who would be perfect.”

Jaz wandered away, made a quick phone call, then waited by the front of the park.
    07-06-21_9-12-18-pm.jpg
    “Get this, Penny.” Jaz said excitedly when their foster sibling, Penny Forrester, arrived at the park. “There’s an open spot in the club. Would you be interested in joining?”

Penny broke into a smile, “I can’t believe that you’re asking me to join, of all people. I’d love to!”

“Cool!” Jaz replied, then pointed out the other club members, suggesting that Penny go get to know everyone.
    07-06-21_9-15-09-pm.jpg
    Colin came over to congratulate Jaz on being club leader now, then, since nobody was around, he leaned in close to whisper, “So, we really need to talk, huh? My Dad got remarried and his new wife is already expecting. I feel like they’re replacing me and my other siblings, since we chose to stay with Mom. And.. seriously, what’s been happening with you to make you so cheerful? Is everything okay?”
    07-06-21_9-15-57-pm.jpg
    “Things are great. In fact,” Jaz said, waving Penny over, “This is one of my new sisters, Penny. Penny, meet my best friend of all time, Colin.”

Penny broke into a smile, and greeted Colin happily.
    07-06-21_9-16-36-pm.jpg
    “New sisters? Now I really need to know what’s going on!” Colin replied with a chuckle.

Jaz pointed at the chess tables, which were almost empty, and suggested a round of chess with some chatting on the side.

Colin readily agreed, and the two waved a temporary good bye to Penny, who seemed perfectly happy to go mingle with the other club members.
    07-06-21_9-18-33-pm.jpg
    Jaz insisted on catching up with Colin’s life first, and Colin spilled all the details. He even mentioned that seeing Jaz doing so well as non-binary was inspiring him to maybe pursue coming out as trans. Jaz broke into a smile, and ran around the side of the table to give him a hug. “That would be amazing, Colin! Congratulations!”

Colin hugged Jaz tightly. “Now, I absolutely have to know. What happened to make you so much happier??”
    07-06-21_9-19-18-pm.jpg
    Jaz launched into the whole sad story about Kayla Bliss and Gemma coming to the Malone’s “rescue”. Jaz expressed their worry about their other siblings, and even poor Marnie, in their new places, but especially how much Jaz was missing the twins.
    07-06-21_9-20-18-pm.jpg
    “Why don’t you contact Kayla, and ask for their numbers, that way you can check up on everyone. Maybe you can even go visit them sometimes?” Colin suggested.

“Oh, Colin, what a great idea!” Jaz replied, “I didn’t even think of asking her.”

The conversation continued, the chess game ended (with Jaz as the winner), and Colin and Jaz joined the other club members for some more playtime.
    07-06-21_9-21-22-pm.jpg
    By the end of the day, Jaz was exhausted, but happy. It had been a busy day, but by far the best part had finally been being able to catch up with Colin. After a big hug goodbye, Penny and Jaz headed home to Willow Creek, chatting happily about the day.
    07-06-21_9-23-41-pm.jpg
    Wendy had food waiting for them, and they watched some cartoons while eating. Then, with tired but happy souls, both climbed the stairs to go to bed.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Sorry I’m behind a few days, I’m working on catching up. I had a major inspiration slump this past week, and, on top of that, when I moved the kids to their new homes, I used the “adopt child” interaction on MCCC. Unfortunately, this resulted in EVERY relationship – family, friend, etc, being wiped from all the kid’s memories. By the time I noticed it, it was too late to revert the save. So it took AGES of painstaking work to fix the family and friend relationships for each and every Malone kid, which didn’t help my writer’s slump any. I’m happy to report, everything is now fixed, though, and inspiration is coming back (as evidenced by being able to finish writing this today. I will have another chapter up later, too.)
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Until finally, their little boy made his appearance. Thanks Dr. C! (Whale onesie was made by @mcrudd so that he could match his nursery <3)

Aww glad you like the little onesie <3

Sorry guys, no comments tonight. I have two tests tomorrow I’m busy studying for, but I read all your updates on my phone when I had some small pockets of free time today ❤️
    @permanentrose
    Ghosts aren't meant to get out of an urn in household/personal inventory. I guess Inna's special! ;) The twins did not see her. It's the Fresh Chef trait from completing the Master Chef aspiration. Ah, okay, I wondered how she was able to play so long without having to attend to her needs. I rarely, if ever give kids reward traits. They earn points, but it's usually not enough to buy rewards.

Josee's cheeky look made me laugh. :D I rarely have kids or full autonomy on (off in this save) so I always know what my Sims are doing since I watch/command them. :)

Yep, they're good friends. :) Thanks about the house! About their finances, in a previous comment I wrote:
    ...yes, they are doing quite well. Too well in fact. I think instead of selling the good stuff they find and can't use, I'll start having them recycle the objects to cut down on the simoleans after I build the second story addition.

Guessing you just forgot, no biggie. :) No biggie about mixing up the twins' names either. It happens, but yes, once they start having a unique personality, it'll be easier. :)

Welcome to the family baby boy Rowan! Nice name! I like how you decided on it. Glad Ruby is thrilled about him too. Man, that Super Efficient Baby care animation is so weird! I love it though, so handy! Aww, cute Daddy/Son moments. :)

@SoulGal7
    Back home again! What a lovely painting! So glad Rosie is almost updated enough to self-repair! Whoa 10K in bills! o.O Very nice way to segue into EL. ;) Congrats on Sakura's 3 Star status! Ah, nauseous again! I'm sure this time it means a nooboo(s) on the way and not hunger. ;) o.O Uh yeah, good thing she quit Maxis Music. Sheesh Kyoshi! Go away!

@Skeilah
    Well, well, Emmett showing up there on his own was surprising. Must be he didn't get to focus very much on the music when he was there with his family. lol Very nice surprise from Randi for everyone though. Bryon sure is looking good these days. :) None of my Sims saw the concert, but that's okay. It looked cool, but meh...

And there he is with a tan, very nice! So funny about the lady digging behind him. :D Cute how Alex keeps finding stuff and Bryon doesn't. Maybe if he wore his glasses he'd have better luck! ;) Nice call from Johnny and Isaius. Hope they find 'Chelsie' or whatever her name is now soon. I imagine Naoki is starving, he's preggers! Dang, bummer it started raining and still raining when they got back home.

hehe I love the 'I'm a bear' phase! Nice the weather cleared up for Bryon after going in the cave. This aspiration is extremely easy! The hardest part is the Kava party and they did that with ease! :)

@Ellupelluellu
    Gah! I hope you figure out who the stan is soon! That would bug me too! o.O Thank you so much for saying that about the renovation and my skills. Made me smile so big! *Hugs* <3 I would LOVE to see a Sim beat that thing. It's so cheeky how it laughs at your Sim after they get thrown out. :D Yes! I was shocked she got out of the urn, but it was so sweet how she manifested in the nursery! I loved how she 'played' with the tub too instead of destroying it! I'm seriously thinking about putting her tombstone on the lot so she'll come back. Have no idea if she will otherwise since that had to be a glitch. She's such a lovely ghost! Yep, they did! I'm having a hard time not showing just screenshots of them! o.O hehe
    July 4 - Del Sol Valley - Big News!

letter-in-mailbox-fri.png
    It was Tuesday and raining. Sakura was up early and it was back to work for her.

sakura-is-off-to-work-in-the-rain.png

While she was at work, she got a pop-up. Sakura had been working very hard on her paintings and really wanted to have an art exhibit to display her work. But, most of the museum curators said she was an unknown artist, and they didn't want to take a chance on her. However, one curator was interested, but just wasn't sure. She decided to offer him some simoleons as a "gift". And it paid off, as the museum curator hung up some of her paintings and got the word out. Soon art critics were praising her name as the hottest new artist in town.
    pay-off-a-curator.png

tues-nouveaur-artiste-sakura.png

sakura-is-def-pregnant.png

When Sakura came home from work, she wasn't feeling well again. But as before, the nauseous feeling quickly passed. And then suddenly she was hungry! Really hungry...like she hadn't eaten in days. When was the last time she had eaten? She had to really start keeping track of her eating schedule, and if she didn't feel better soon, she may have to visit the doctor.
    promotion-for-wolf-tues.png

promotion-details-wolf.png

Wolfgang was in a great mood when she got home. He got a promotion to Master of Machines, which was the highest level of the Mechanical Engineer career. Congratulations Wolfgang!

daling-i-really-feel-lijke-having-a-peanut-butter-and-pickle-sandwich-tues.png

After changing her clothes, Sakura took out some shrimp cocktail from the fridge, and they sat down together. Sakura told Wolfgang about her day, and then he showed her the letter he got from the mailbox. It was from Evergreen Harbor. He wanted to wait until Sakura got home to open it, and so he did and quickly read it.

Wolfgang: "Sakura! I got the job in Evergreen Harbor! They are flexible on my start date and want me to contact them as soon as I receive this letter to go over the details. Oh gosh! I'm excited! And they've included a list of some houses for rent in the area," he said letting Sakura look at the housing list.

Sakura: "Oh Wolfgang! That is terrific news! We have the Meet & Greet Event tonight, but when we come home, we should celebrate! But I'm still starving and was thinking of fixing myself a peanut butter and pickle sandwich. I know it sounds weird, but it also sounds kind of good. Do you want one?"

Wolfgang looked at Sakura strangely, "Sakura...what did you just say? What kind of sandwich?" he asked thinking back to a conversation he had with his mother before the Mt. Komorebi weekend.

sakura-what-did-you-say-wolf-tues.png

Sakura: "A peanut butter and pickle sandwich..." she repeated smiling, "You know, Wolfgang, I haven't really been feeling well since we got back from the honeymoon, and I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to worry. I just think I haven't been eating very well...and so maybe my body is telling me to eat peanut butter and pickles for some odd reason..."

Wolfgang sat there and just smiled and looked at her lovingly "Oh, Sakura...my dear Sakura...do you know what this means?"

Sakura: "That we'll have to buy more peanut butter?"

Wolfgang took her hands in his, "No, my love...well, maybe...but, Sakura...you're pregnant...I'm sure of it. Have you taken a pregnancy test?"

Sakura: "I'm pregnant? How would you know if I was pregnant? That doesn't make sense..."

Wolfgang: "Sakura, before I went to Mt. Komorebi with you, and thought you were pregnant then, my mother told me that when she was pregnant with me she got cravings for peanut butter and pickle sandwiches. I mean, have you ever eaten a peanut butter and pickle sandwich before or heard of it? You're pregnant Sakura! And look at your...um..." he said glancing at her boobs, "Your body is...um...changing...!"

Sakura looked at him in disbelief, and then went into the bathroom and took a pregnancy test. She came out holding the test stick in her hand.

Sakura looked dazed: "It's blue! It's blue!! Oh my gosh, Wolfgang. You're right! I'm pregnant We're going to have a baby!"

sakura-is-expecting.png

darling-i-think-im-pregnant.png

Wolfgang got up and came over to Sakura, "Oh Sakura, I'm so happy. I know this is a bit sooner than we thought we would start having kids, but we'll be fine. And with the new job in Evergreen Harbor, we'll move there as soon as the baby is born. A whole new start in Evergreen Harbor."

you-make-me-so-happy-sakura.png
    wolf-big-news-tues.png

Sakura: "Yes, that will work out perfectly since I was wanting to work from home in Evergreen Harbor doing crafting."

Wolfgang: "Oh Sakura, I'm so excited to be starting a family with you, my love, in a new place..." he said as he kissed her.

baby-ive-got-another-job-offer.png

Wolfgang: "I'm only sad that Rosie can't come with us. Even though I built her, she doesn't belong to me. The studio owns her. It's too bad really because I just updated her with the new RoboNanny Behavior Module. She would have been a wonderful addition to the family.."

robonanny-beahvior-module-wedss.png

Sakura: "Oh Wolfgang, you'll be able to build another robot again."

Just then Rosie came over and Sakura told her she was expecting a baby.

Rosie: "Babies.Cry. Babies.Eat. Babies.Poop. Babies.Sleep."

Sakura thought that the RoboNanny Behavior Module worked really well. Oh yes, Sakura was definitely going to miss Rosie.

you-look-so-thn-tues.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Sakura was so happy after taking the pregnancy test and finding out she was going to have a baby, that she just wanted to sing about it. And that is exactly what she did!
    baby-on-board-track-sakura.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,874 Member
    @SoulGal7 ,
    -- congrats to Sakura for the pregnancy! :)

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    July - Day 8: "Just another day in Paradise."

AW119a8.png

Notes
    Fe6Y8iH.png
    The next day Essa left for work and Josh got the girls up and dressed for the day. While they were occupied in the playroom, he went on the roof to upgrade the Dew Collector.

1g6wR0i.png
    One of the Wind Turbines broke down while he was up there so he fixed that too. They really, really need to upgrade those things soon. o.O I keep forgetting about them though. Out of sight, out of mind I guess since they're on the roof. Speaking of out of sight...

QHqueO1.png
    I caught Jessah outside in the side yard. She was supposed to be playing dolls with her sister, but had other ideas.

You were going to make a mess, weren't you?
    (Caught me.) *hehehe*

dWGEsY8.png
    Go back inside right now and I won't tell Dabny on you!
    (Okee)

Uj1qi0D.png
    So cute how they crawl up the stairs. :)

RB9B75b.png
    Essa came home from work with a promotion! She's now a Design Guru and has the ability to grow the meat wall. Congrats Essa!

ylFUiTK.png
    (Ugh! I need some fun!)

A1boUoT.png
    Josh is the first one to try out the new dining table. So how do you like it?
    "Mmm, it's delicious, could've used a little more garlic though."

CaqOFjH.png
    I meant the table.
    "Oh, that's very nice too! My Beautiful is very talented!"

OezJq8h.png
    Essa finally came inside while Josh was washing his plate. She grabbed her own serving and sat down with a heavy sigh. Josh noticed her tense mood and tried to make her laugh with a dirty joke.
    "Ha, that's funny." Essa said with a smile. She didn't laugh though. Josh on the other hand thought the joke was hilarious.

ugAoQnW.png
    "I have an idea for something fun to do."
    "Considering that joke and knowing you, I bet I know what it is." Essa said with a wink.

IYLkIn0.png
    You knew she couldn't resist Mr. Horn Dog.
    (The twins are napping, it's just the perfect opportunity. Why not take advantage?)
    Why not indeed!

NANmwD8.png
    "Thanks for the ride up on your shoulders Beautiful! How'd you get so strong!?"
    "You're welcome Babe. Must be those 50 lb. bags of compost I've been slinging around at work."

LNltZ0u.png
    While Josh has a little post-woo hoo nap, Essa checked on the girls and then got started on her daily task. While she was at it, she made a couple end tables, a dresser and a bookcase too! I checked the girls myself and didn't notice until I went back to Essa the Fabricator had been playing tricks on her again. She got dye bombed. I know from experience a shower won't wash it off, it has to go away naturally so didn't bother with that. By the time she was finished making those things the dye had disappeared. She went downstairs to play with the twins and give them some dinner.

Wp25Lpl.png
    The sink broke after she washed up the dinner dishes, so rather than have Mr. Fix-it do it, she tackled the job herself.

aL120uq.png
    She then took care of some weeds in the garden. Josh had already watered and fertilized it earlier in the day. However, I noticed he'd missed fertilizing the Plantain tree.

qfdg9qg.png
    I had him come downstairs since he was now refreshed from his nap and immediately after he fertilized it, this happened. *sigh* This was the fourth time in two days plants had reverted to a dirt pile. I didn't know why, it just out of the blue started happening. But I now suspect it was due to fertilizing and the bees pollinating them. Great... I cheated them back to a blossoming state each time. They depend on the garden for their meals in this world. The only harvestables sold are flowers; bluebells and snapdragons.

hIU0TWl.png
    Josh wore his beekeeper's suit to treat one bee hutch for mites and then took it off to collect honey and beeswax in the other. The bees must've still been annoyed from the mites and attacked him.
    "AHH! Bunch of ingrates! Maybe next time I'll let the mites get you. What do you think of that? AHHH! Okay, I didn't mean it. STOP IT!"

rHgnhVo.png
    While Essa read Jessah a bedtime story, Josee was busy telling a story to Blarfy.
    "...an they live happiwe eva afta!"

bzOR6vI.png
    "Uhhm...oh! The End!"
    Update 188 - Family of Four

jMICfvW.jpg?2
    Baby Rowan is now home! Well, only sort of. I could not figure out how to get him to show up on the retail lot, so I placed a copy of the store on their residential lot, just so it feels like he is properly living with them at the store even though it's just a copy of it. Here he is in his whale nursery <3
    ItJWoAg.jpg

And he often hangs out in his downstairs bassinet too while Jules and Emmett get some work done behind the scenes of the store.
    PvDk1mY.jpg

There's an MCCC setting that allows kids to help take care of babies, but since it's not an action supported by the game, the kids stretch out a lot when doing these actions (I like to use it since I like that the kids can help more with the baby, even though the visuals are wonky). Emmett's like, "Wasn't Ruby a few feet shorter just moments ago?" :joy:
    AN4clN9.jpg

Working on getting some new photos to hang up around the house :)
    g2ZtWsu.png?1

Sofia and Jules continued working on the rocket again as well.
    0YbwEcE.png

Lots of good progress.
    wUr0wDw.jpg

And then one day, they finished!
    1LEXbks.jpg

Sofia was very excited to take it on its maiden voyage!
    4fPyYQW.jpg

"Be safe!" Jules called after her, taking a step back as Sofia fired it up.
    FZIh4Xp.jpg

And she was off!
    pC6PLeb.png
    8CukDme.png
    RjeFgVC.png

Sometime later, she landed safely.

"That was AMAZING. Thank you so much for letting me use your yard space!"
    WZCj05z.png

"I need to do a few more safety tests and make sure we have enough fuel, but pretty soon, I think I'll be able to take you up for a ride too!"
    PN8xYC7.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top