Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can the Packs discussion page be broken up? Too many packs being discussed in one place.

There are like 40 dlc now and the packs discussion is all over the place. Can they be broken down? The search tool also doesnt work that great. In maybe one of these ways:
1)
Expansion packs discussion
Gamepacks discussion
Stuff packs discussion
Kit packs discussion

2) Before posting a thread, the user gets to choose which pack the discussion is focused on. They will choose one or more of the dlc the discussion applies to (multiselect option). Then when a simmer visits the discussion page, they can filter by topic, choosing one of the packs or more (and a "all" button) and the page will sort the thread discussions by pack.

3)
Cottage Living, City Living, Eco Life pack discussion
Seasons, Jungle Adventure, Get Famous discussion etc (multiple titles listed at the beginning of each
The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I have wanted this forever, because if I have a question about an older pack, it would never be answered when it falls to the bottom of a page never to be seen since so many other discussions are going on about other things and those rise to the top. I don't know why this site doesn't break them down like the old TS3 site where we could find an easy answer or discussion about a particular pack.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited July 2021
    It used to be just as you described, but they merged all of the packs into one big group I wanna say a year or so ago. Idk why they did this, I feel like it was because people weren’t putting threads about packs into the right categories and then mods would have to move them.

If someone put a discussion about weather in the Stuff Pack section, but it actually belongs in the Expansion Pack section, then a mod would have to move it. One big “Packs” category makes things easier for them.

I believe it was around the time they got rid of some forums like ones for Australian/New Zealand players.
    Post edited by Chazzzy on
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I admit I was confused about where to put the discussion I made about a Kit because there is no Kits category. When you open the game, Kits have their own section, separate from Packs. I think I just put it in General Discussion.