Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Coronavirus: An EA Update

18910111214...Next

Comments

• simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    Numbers are rising again. This is scary and frustrating.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
    edited August 2020
    The virus is strong, a lot of people in the world prefer to spread the virus than wearing a mask.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    Every time I see someone post some factually incorrect comment online now I can't help but "yell" at them. I stopped being polite.
    On the 23rd, I will have had a cough and lowered lung capacity for 5 months.

I lost my patience with stupid a couple months back.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
    edited August 2020
    It seems the first wave is slowing down in USA, the number of new cases decreases.

In France we are back in March in term of number of new cases, the second wave is here, Paris lockdown will certainly happen in September it's one of the virus clusters.

When the people think it's over, it helps the virus to come back.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
    edited August 2020
    @LeGardePourpre I like the avatar. If I were savvy in that area, I'd put a mask on mine.
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    edited September 2020
    My hometown is in "Tougher Measures" with the highest infection rate in the country (104 per 100,000 people). We were supposed to go out of a local lockdown later this week. But the rise in cases is due to the young people going out partying and illegal Raves as well as not wearing face masks, however, we are doing everything to prevent a "second wave". Some people have a reason to not wear a face mask though, namely children, emergency workers and people with disabilities. Testing is increasing, and the government is regulary revising the quarantine list; plus with "Local Lockdowns" of worst-hit areas, but so far, no sign of a "Second Wave".
    Post edited by Sleepstar on
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited September 2020
    Still doing OK except these blasted allergies. Things here in my corner of the USA a rocky hope everyone around the world is doing OK!?
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

I was diagnosed with COPD yesterday. I'm 41. Don't smoke. Wasn't exposed to dangerous chemicals. I just got sick in March and it damaged my lungs forever.

Please continue to wear masks in public, social distance, wash your hands, use hand sanitizer, use your common sense. Yes it's annoying, but it could affect the rest of your life.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    I was diagnosed with COPD yesterday. I'm 41. Don't smoke. Wasn't exposed to dangerous chemicals. I just got sick in March and it damaged my lungs forever.

Please continue to wear masks in public, social distance, wash your hands, use hand sanitizer, use your common sense. Yes it's annoying, but it could affect the rest of your life.

I've been reading up on your story with dismay for the people still out there making light of the disease. I'm older than you are and have a lot of allergies and autoimmune arthritis and elevated BP and I really fear this disease, but the simple fact is, no one can blithely dismiss it and feel they are safe. If people really felt like their faith in God protected them from disease, they would have to pretend to themselves that even innocent blameless babies "deserve" the things that sometimes kill them. That takes some serious mental schism and an avoidant take on reality.

Horrible what you are now going through from this. I wish you strength and health, and some kind of peace of mind, though it can't be easy with the rampant denials and ignorance out there. I hope your husband tells any deniers he encounters, your story, in hopes of making them wake up.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    I'm on Trelegy now, a daily inhaled treatment. I'm doing pretty well, certainly coughing less and breathing better.

Everyone in our house is vaccinated. We still wear our masks when there are a lot of people, since they are saying there's a few variants going around that still put us at risk, but we go without them when we can.
    It was nice, yet weird, walking around Target sipping coffee. I said as much to my husband and he said if anyone has earned it, it's me. Lol. He did pick up some cheap plastic bracelets that say "vaccinated" on them though for us to wear so we'll feel less awkward when we are walking past people in stores wearing masks.
    I've actually been surprised to see how many people still are. I figured when stores started posting that vaccinated people didn't have to, that most people here would just say "screw it then!" and not.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited July 2021
    I've had my two AstraZeneca jabs but I'm still reluctant to go out often in the UK and when I do I take a taxi to get to the shopping centre. In our city they are properly sanitised and drivers very helpful when you have difficulties walking. There are so many people out there calling us sheep-le for wearing a mask. (I got plums for putting the whole word in therefore the - !) :o

One of our famous broadcasters did get it again after he thought he was safe (had his 2) and got a bit careless on an assignment but he wasn't as sick with it and had no trouble with his breathing this time, so it looks like vaccination, though not always 100% effective, does protect a lot. He probably got the Delta variant.

On the plus side, I myself didn't have any coughs and sneezes or flu in the past 18 months so it does pay to keep a well fitting mask on when going out- if you can.

Keep safe everyone. <3
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    @Simburian I too am from the UK and have had two AstraZeneca jabs (but I had reactions to both) and am being cautious as I already have scarred lungs from a previous disease. In fact, back in March 2020, I took redundancy and stayed home, not venturing out until I received my jabs.

Fortunately I live near the seaside so my parents and I go weekly in the motorhome and park up with a sea view, stick the radio on, play dominoes and walk on the sand, well distanced from others. I'm kinda worried the government is telling us all to just go back to normal soon and it'll spread again.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    @calaprfy I sympathise. I can see the sea from our local park but it gets too crowded when it gets hot. You just have to use your commonsense when others have none these days.

Happy news that England are through to the Euro finals tonight to cheer us up tonight. I live in Scotland and jealousy is rife here but as a mongrel of Welsh, English and probably more country extractions, I back them all!