Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toilet Pranks

Is there a way to stop my Sim from pranking her own toilet?
"Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame

Comments

• kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    that's a thing with sims with the goofball trait, now. they'll prank objects that can be pranked... though it's mostly the toilet. and even if they live on their own... and then they get upset that the toilet is pranked...

currently to my knowledge, the only way to stop it is to remove the goofball trait from the sim (it seems 'unbreakable' got removed from the toilets that used to have it. and even the pottymouth 2.0 will blow up in your sim's face after they prank it)

honestly, surprised a mod for it hasn't been made yet... at least not one i found with a casual search
  • waxesnostalgicwaxesnostalgic Posts: 38 Member
    If you have MCCC you can disable the action with an autonomy scan on the toilet. I don’t know of a mod specifically for that though.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I ran into one of my sims doing this and I just turned autonomy off because it was annoying. Yep, she just wanted to prank her own toilet. Removing autonomy ended that.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    edited July 2021
    Boo, oh well. I just removed the trait. No more pranks on the toilet. It was great for increasing the handiness skill though. Thx y'all.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited July 2021
    joRN1414 wrote: »
    Boo, oh well. I just removed the trait. No more pranks on the toilet. It was great for increasing the handiness skill though. Thx y'all.

you can make them dislike mischief then they will do no mischief on there own
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member

that is very cool, thank you.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    sadly, making a sim dislike something won't actually stop them from doing anything related to that activity... i just double checked that with one of my goofball sims. made her dislike mischief but she still went and pranked one of her apartment's toilets on her own. and didn't even get a negative moodlet about it like tends to happen when sims do things they hate
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited July 2021

That’s a great idea! 🎉
    It’s annoying though as who would prank thier own toilet? 🤔🤦🏼‍♂️.
    Hopefully they’ll fix the glitch.

If only there was a dislikes getting glasses of water or autonomous flirting for my Sims. 😭🤦🏼‍♂️.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    sadly, making a sim dislike something won't actually stop them from doing anything related to that activity... i just double checked that with one of my goofball sims. made her dislike mischief but she still went and pranked one of her apartment's toilets on her own. and didn't even get a negative moodlet about it like tends to happen when sims do things they hate

well then thats a bug they aren't suppose to do things on there own that they dislike
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    I made a new sim yesterday with the goofball trait, and the toilet pranking is driving me crazy. She can't walk past any toilets without pranking them
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »

well then thats a bug they aren't suppose to do things on there own that they dislike

No, that was never the case. Sims will do things they dislike.