Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fix for Cows?

So I purchased Milkin' It Dairy Corral and I've noticed after awhile The sims will get queue up to "Play Tic-Tac-Hoof" or other actions and the cows and the sims will get stuck standing there. Unmoving and frozen. Only way to fix it is to delete and rebuy the Cow and Reset the sims, which is only a temporary fix until it happens again. My game is completely updated and there is no CC conflicts. It just keeps happening and I don't know how to permanently fix it. Is there a mod I can use or anything?

Thanks!
angrycat.gif

Comments

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    My suggestion is to remove it via the launcher and redownload it. There may be something wrong with the original download that you're using - maybe a bit of corrupted code during transfer.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Summerbear5Summerbear5 Posts: 643 Member
    Thank you for your suggestion, that is something I've already tried prior to posting and it's still broke =\
    angrycat.gif
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,919 Member
    The ccmerged file might be corrupt. It is in DCBackup folder and does get corrupt occasionally. To make a new one you need to slightly change the name of your sims 3 folder so the game generates a new Sims 3 folder. Then install ALL of your premium content from the store. Then delete the ccmerged file thats broken and replace it with the new file. Restore the name of your Sims 3 folder and launch the game and see if it is fixed. That file controls all of your installed premium content.
    Is there another way to generate a new ccmerged file? That sounds like a lot of work. I have a lot of Sims3Pack files
    angrycat.gif
  • Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    This guide will tell you how to fix it or you could scroll down to the bottom of the guide and download a pre fixed file.
    Is there another way to generate a new ccmerged file? That sounds like a lot of work. I have a lot of Sims3Pack files

You only need to install the Premium Content. Or if you find a file someone has shared and they have the exact same premium content that you have installed.
    Karritz wrote: »
    You only need to install the Premium Content. Or if you find a file someone has shared and they have the exact same premium content that you have installed.

Ok thank you! I went through this process so hopefully it's fixed.
    angrycat.gif

Ok thank you! I went through this process so hopefully it's fixed.

I hope it's fixed too. I was a bit worried you would come up with problems using the downloaded ccmerged files as they work for some people and not others.
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    I've had no issue with Nona's ccmerged file. I just recently cured my own game crashing because ccmerged got corrupted.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    I hope it's fixed too. I was a bit worried you would come up with problems using the downloaded ccmerged files as they work for some people and not others.

It seems to be fixed so far! I'm so excited! I did end up going through the process using my own clean ccmerged file (which I also made a backup of)

angrycat.gif

It seems to be fixed so far! I'm so excited! I did end up going through the process using my own clean ccmerged file (which I also made a backup of)

Excellent. Having a backup is always good. The only reason the file should change is if you add new premium content to your game.
    So I had another episode today. Cows are broken again! :'(
    angrycat.gif
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited August 2021
    If the issue still seems to be with the ccmerged file repeatedly seeming to go bad, there is a trick to fix that after replacing it with a fresh one that I didn't see mentioned here prior. It assumes you have the Mods\Packages framework in play.

Keep your ccmerged (replaced, fixed, regenerated) where it usually is in DCBackup, but put a copy of it into Mods\Overrides and clear the caches. It is possible that due to a timing issue on startup, the file is not really being read from its original location even though it needs to stay there. The second location in Overrides will force it to be read at a different point, later during the startup procedure.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    edited August 2021
    igazor wrote: »
    If the issue still seems to be with the ccmerged file repeatedly seeming to go bad, there is a trick to fix that after replacing it with a fresh one that I didn't see mentioned here prior. It assumes you have the Mods\Packages framework in play.

Keep your ccmerged (replaced, fixed, regenerated) where it usually is in DCBackup, but put a copy of it into Mods\Overrides and clear the caches. It is possible that due to a timing issue on startup, the file is not really being read from its original location even though it needs to stay there. The second location in Overrides will force it to be read at a different point, later during the startup procedure.

Thank you, and exactly which caches do I clear? I don't want to do the wrong ones.

EDIT: I found a tutorial, so I should be good to go. Thanks for the tip @igazor
    angrycat.gif
    It's broke again
    angrycat.gif
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    When the issue happens, does it help to reset the corral with NRaas MasterController? (Click on the ground of the lot, select NRaas > MC > Object Reset > Not Inventory, and select the object.) You can also reset the sims with DebugEnabler. (click on the sim, NRaas > DE > Options: Smartphone > Object > Reset), which just clears their queues and resets their postures in place instead of the more invasive MC or resetsim options.

I'm not sure why the object keeps breaking, but one thing I've noticed about the game is that some actions break or the sims doing them reset when I've saved, quit, and reloaded in the middle of the action. I don't know if that applies to you, but if any sims are interacting with the corral when you quit, that might bork the object in the next play session, even if you don't see anything wrong right away.
    Once I reset the Sim the corral seems to reset as well, but them as soon as the next sim queues up an action with the corral they will become frozen. I basically have to reset the Sims and then sell and rebuy the corral for it to be temporarily fixed. I never tried resetting the corral so I will try that. This very last time I noticed a Ghost sim was stuck so I reset the ghost sim and then shortly after my playable sim got stuck.
    angrycat.gif