Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims5

HoneydewHoneydew Posts: 520 Member
edited March 2022 in Off Topic Chat
I was just on face Book and it was advertising a sims5 is this true? If so would it be like next year or the year after since there just comming out with an expantion pack this month.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited July 2021
    According to certain sources, The Sims 5 is currently in development... but it's far from being released (well, unless EA decides to release it unfinished, which isn't entirely out of the question, given their history).

But, if it's similar to other Sims games, I'd say we won't see it being released for at least another 3-4 years.

I think I recall the gurus mentioning The Sims 4 has plans through 2025 (I can't confirm this, but I think that's what was said), so we shouldn't really expect Sims 5 to be released anytime soon.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Its not officially announced but rumored to be in the works.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • rhaliusrhalius Posts: 455 Member
    They would probably be better off creating a remaster of Sims 2 or 3, offering all of it in one package with bug fixes and full integration of all expansions with each other since all would be part of the base game then.

Considering the utter disappointment Sims 4 turned out to be where I kept having foolish hope it would be fixed, I don't have any faith in Sims 5.
    Little got fixed over the years, and a lot of those fixes where things previous sims games had from the start.
    That and sims have less varied personalities than the base game of Sims 1. Those five sliders did more than their watered down traits ever could.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    I have also seen those ads. Even a game store that offers to pre-order The Sims 5. For me, as long as the game hasn't been officially announced, the game stores advertising it are immediately suspicious.