Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What small update would make a big difference for you?

ยซ13456710
StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
edited July 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
What small update would enchance your game a lot?

I do not imagine a small update to be things like:cars, create a style, open world, so these are not things to be discussed. Something that would not merit a major change in the game.
The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
Post edited by EA_Jason on

Comments

• StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    One update id like is making sim bios. Id like to make a sim bio with no character limit. I want to view others' in the relationship tab. I want to be able to edit anyones from the relationship tab at any time. Anyone know of a mod that does this?

Id also like it if your sim has a chance of having a dream or nightmare each night. When your sim wakes up, they may have an inspired, energetic, dazed +1 moodlet depending on the dream. Traits can affect it too. Like if you have a jealous trait, a jealous sim may wake up from having a dream their partner was cheating. This can give a +1 angry moodlet

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    My most wanted feature is a way to totally control non played sims.
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    1. Possibility to stop spawning of random townies
    2. Possibility to change sims number per loading screen (less or more than 20)
    3. Better searching in the Gallery
    4. Weather control in buildmode
    5. More swatches
    6. More rabbit hole careers. Everytime I have a problem to choose something for my sims.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited July 2021
    Improvement to townie generation and their clothes. Have them wear more full body outfits (looks better), less accessories (or no accessories at all), no makeup (too easy to mess up) and try to get them to not wear such crazy color and clothes combinations (maybe get them to not wear socks too, they always look bad and no one of Maxis premades wears socks anyway).
    My most wanted feature is a way to totally control non played sims.

There is a mod that exists that let you do that called Control Any Sim on Mod the Sims, it works surprisingly well.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    These would include:

Adding an extension to Del Sol Valley since many of us have requested it.
    Making an ability to add lots where you want to the game if if those are in a new neighborhood, "Like that deco house? Click on that deco house and make it playable."
    Fixing the bugs in Dine Out restaurant service - this really needs to happen along with fixing the excessive clay ball spawning and the autonomous brewing of potions by guests if you have a barbecue grill.
    New romantic animations because these really need an update.
    Fix the pizza delivery - looking at you, Canadian bacon pizza. Add more delivery options including some that are not pizza.
    There was a bug with some staircases if they haven't fixed that.
    Let pets gain social skill by playing with each other so they aren't quite as needy at least if you have two.
    Very minor but if we could slightly lengthen the space for names, that would be great. Some of my sims have longer names.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    A toggle for pet autonomy like we have for sims. Even with the mod to control pets, they still have autonomy which makes it unplayable for me.
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Better autonomy or better priorities.

Why on earth has the mother on the other side of the house has to free the toddler from the highchair, when the father stands nearby and could do it, but he isn't allowed because this interaction is blocked by the mother who is on the way and who should originally do something else which is canceled. Same with the fridge, I told the sim nearby the fridge to get something to eat, but it was canceled in due of the nanny or butler who is far away, but who has decided it's now time to cook. My sim would has been gotten his snack even before they would have been arrived, but my sims has to wait, this is not right. Same with hungry toddler, who I have told to eat their fruits, but they can't because of the autonomy from other sims blocked this task.

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    edited July 2021
    - allow sims in active careers to visit their workplace outside of working hours
    - copy or link alien outfits to their disguise, similar to the vampires
    - separate facial piercings from earrings in CAS. I like to have both but don't like to see them jumbled into one category
    - allow to set lovers in CAS, not just married couples
    - move the favourite weather and favourite movie preferences to the new likes and dislikes
    - let us sort our sims contacts so we can have the sims with the highest relationship up front
    - allow a sim who organises a party to invite anyone known to the household, not just their personal contacts
    - make stuffed animals and kids drawing tables slot under loft beds
    A townie job manager, so I can assign various roles around town to specific NPCs.
    This would be great. I would like to have control over that part of the game
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    My top three updates to improve on current gameplay would be:

Vampires instilling fear when they feed without permission in front of other Sims or use offensive powers. It's silly that they just get relationship hits. Spellcasters should also be fearsome when they use aggressive spells. I want to see mortal Sims running and screaming when they witness these monsters. Especially the victims of these spells and actions.

A toggle to turn off sick pets. This was such a bad design. I love the pets but everywhere you go, every household I try to play, they're always suffering. It's like Covid for cats. Pet pandemic. Dear god, make it stop!

University dorms changed to freeze the progress of a household when I switch to play a different one. I don't want to return to the dorm to find all of my students being expelled just because I wasn't playing them. I want to be able to go back and finish their semester like I could in Sims 2. This has destroyed the University experience for me and it was one of my top favorites in Sims 2. I don't send anyone there anymore because I'd have to play through to graduation all at once while my other households rot. I want to be able to have Sims in different dorms at the campuses and switch which household I feel like playing.
    #Team Occult
  • JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    I'd like the ability to flag that townies and household sims from some worlds won't ever visit some other worlds.

Something I could set for each world - sims from this world are restricted to 'their own world' or 'can visit these 6 worlds' or 'cannot visit these 6' or 'can freely travel'.

And the ability to set a 'default outfit' for a world (MCCC sort of has this, but it only lets me pick the 'normal' outfits - ideally I'd want all the specific ones too like career, bathing, etc...)

I'd also love the ability to edit the 'default X' for special outfits like the outfit for each career. I can edit a specific sim's career outfit, but what if I want to say... edit the career outfit of all doctors, or all fishers, etc...

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
    I would like to be able to assign the NPC manning the various food stands, bars, coffee cart, massage table, etc. If placed on a lot, the NPC should come automatically. I would also like for my sim to be able to earn money by tending these objects. Also, the food stand NPC should not shout for customers while on a lot.

This would be good. I had a ghost become my pianist at a wedding and i wasnt happy. I dont like playing with ghosts.

Itd also be nice to work at the stands,seem like a nice parttime job especially for teens

• wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    The ability to assign npcs to certain roles and specific worlds. I have a lot of npc interactions that damage my played sims relationships
    Flirting
    Cheating
    Mischief
    Negative reputation from negative npc encounters
    If they could just work stalls, bars etc and not interrupt dates and pick fights that would be great. Be very very background characters that I could choose and assign.

Keep Del Sol in Del Sol. I hate the incite cheers and my Sim is compelled to watch.. at salty paws in brindelton.

My biggest issue is npc being to much in the foreground and would prefer them to be less...disruptive.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    - More whims
    - The ability to remove sims from conversations
    - Stop the sims from sitting down, standing up or switching chairs in between interactions they could be doing from whatever position they were already in!
  • aspernaspern Posts: 18 Member
    - turn-ons and turn-offs because current likes and dislikes have close to no effect on gameplay
    - improved whims
    - an ability to save face and outfit presets in cas

I know that mods can do wonders, just wish these things were in the game itself.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Mine would be to completely stop townies and my own sims that live in different towns from ever walking around neighborhoods they don't live at. I'd also make sure these same townies and my own sims never ever walk around anywhere when they are supposed to be at school or work.

Add fears and wants back.

Aspiration failure.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited July 2021
    A proper wants system with wants that are more specific to sim personalities.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    Wants and fears like the sims 2 that are based off your sims personalities and likes and dislikes. Also, memories. I want my sim to remember important events that happened to them throughout their life.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    An offline mode that doesn't require internet. For the current offline mode, I have to connect to the internet in order to turn it offline. Then, if I restart my laptop, it's back in online mode. So I've pretty much been keeping my laptop in sleep mode for a couple weeks at a time. (I've looked up many "solutions" that don't work.)
    Or maybe this is an Origin issue, but still. I don't always have internet access and I only got Sims 4 because it "worked" offline.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'd like for Teens to be able to gain Parenting skill if they do things for their younger siblings; currently they can't gain the skill till they age up to YA. I think it would be great for storytelling purposes (maybe both parents are workaholics so the teen has to do all the child rearing).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    Hello All Simmers!

Don't know about you all,
    Would Spiral staircases be to big of
    an update? Please, thank you,