March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS5 in VR

catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
edited March 2022 in Off Topic Chat
VR is all the rage. Will TS5 be in VR?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I wish <3
    Someone did make this video and had me fooled for a bit until I saw its player made ;)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHaCyDJ1FHA
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I saw something on TV about it.
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    I don’t think the target audience knows much about VR let alone owns the necessary equipment. They would decrease their potential customer base significantly if they went this route. TS5 will probably only require a potato computer like TS4.
  • desnpdesnp Posts: 29 Member
    i hope they don't add it in vr that sounds so boring and the gameplay would be so lacking
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    edited July 2021
    I hope not unless it was optional. I can’t play vr or most first person games because of motion sickness.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    They could always do an offshoot VR Sims game.
    #Team Occult
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    I hope not unless it was optional. I can’t play vr or most first person games because of motion sickness.

I don't know what VR is, but first person play is also out for me for the very same reason. Besides, I'm not into multi-player style games.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited July 2021
    Probably never gonna happen, you need a good computer unless it's a standalone VR headset and VR headsets are also very expensive.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    I don’t think the target audience knows much about VR let alone owns the necessary equipment. They would decrease their potential customer base significantly if they went this route. TS5 will probably only require a potato computer like TS4.

hahaha well said :)
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited July 2021
    if you want sims in vr you can literally just turn off the computer and go live like bruh what is even the point
    I can’t play vr or most first person games because of motion sickness.

also this. and i don't even really like playing first person cause its just annoying to me

then again i really don't care what they do with sims 5 anymore tbh cause I don't really think I'm gonna end up playing it unless its shockingly good right off the bat which tbh i don't see happening

id rather they just keep improving 4
    or do fun spinoff
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I don't want it in the Sims personally. It's not something that I feel the game needs and I wouldn't like to see development time wasted on it.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member

Nah, what would be the point?

*wonders how some of our (my) favorite mods will work with this... 😇
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    VR is all the rage. Will TS5 be in VR?

I am 47. VR has been All The Rage 5 times since I bought my first PC.
    Still not buying a VR headset until you can get a top model < 50 dollars. I am not paying more for a headset than what my computer cost.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Oh, please no.

As much as I enjoy VR games, I like watching my little Sim-ants scurry around. Aaaand the only place/time I have ever had motion sickness in my life is VR, so it takes a lot of prep, constant head-bobbing, and a time limit to play.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I remember hearing about VR back in the 1990s. It's a bad idea. VR causes seisures & brain damage with long time use.
  • baddazonerbaddazoner Posts: 573 Member
    edited July 2021
    VR is still insanely expensive and requires a pretty high end computer to run properly - even the cheapest headsets and still around $300

if they added VR it would be an option in the settings but i don't see them bothering as VR is still a niche group and no where near mainstream enough. The steam hardware survey shows only 18 or so % of users have a headset

most people who play the sims i doubt have high end or even mid range computers
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,411 Member
    I have no interest in this at all. I think VR makes sense in first person mode but I don't think it will add much in a game where you see the world from above.
  • ZorgaZorga Posts: 613 Member
    No no no. I play with sims, I am not a sim myself!
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Zorga wrote: »
    No no no. I play with sims, I am not a sim myself!

But how do you know?…🤓
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited July 2021
    I doubt it, they added first person mode to 4 a few years ago and the game really doesn't play well like that. You'd need a heavy overhaul of how the game actually plays to make it work well on VR... Technically with this first person mode though you can probably already play VR if you know how to get the screen onto a headset, but it's not great.
  • waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    Just imagine.

The Sims 5 is a virtual reality Sims game.

Humans just put on their VR headsets and interact with objects and other Humans/Sims.

Humans can also create a fictional Human Sim, create the House by moving physical objects like brick and mortar, and allow the Sim to walk into the House and examine it. The Human creator can also turn on the stove and burn the house, killing the Sims.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I don't really want it. I find VR suited to first person games. Not so much third person, and certainly not anything that requires a lot of UI like the Sims. If it's some sort of novel, optional, isolated, extra DLC, fine. However, VR is going to bump up the required PC specs and throttle the management side of the game.

Plus it is still prohibitively expensive in my opinion, especially for the game quality and quantity available.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I can’t wait until this comes out.