Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Funerals, please! And graveyards!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I built a graveyard in my current save. Any sim that dies on a community lot in the presence of my sims is having their headstone moved to the graveyard, and the family urns are going in the underground crypt.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    As I said in my other thread. I just want to know where the Sims died and where their urns are so that I can put them in the family graveyard on my cemetary lot. I play rotationally with ageing on and I can find the elders dead and no urns or gravestones to be found on their lot when I go back to them again. This becomes a huge problem when playing and building up a Save over several months or years.

It could be that Graveyards and most of the above wants might come in a Supernatural pack. I hope so anyway.
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited February 2019
    The urn is enough for me. I would just have like a small get together upon my sims death most likely and have the sims who knew them celebrate their life. I wouldnt mind if they add funerals , but thats just a tad morbid for me personally. And i actually want to be cremated myself so symbolization of burials arent interesting to me.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2019
    Having Graveyards would be a great way to not have ghosts, that are tied to the urns, automatically culled. That or maybe every townie that dies in-game and is not present in the active lot has their urns moved there automatically. It would be a good way for rotational players to control the dead. If they care about that sim they take the urn and choose to not culled the npc ghost.

Grimm Reaper could rarely hang out there too.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Here for graveyards! Yes, I can and have built my own, but it would be nice to have tools to get the grave there - even a simple move to graveyard option like in S2 would work for me. Maybe add it as a lot type too. Not too sure on funerals...never played a Sims game with them lol.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2019
    Here for graveyards! Yes, I can and have built my own, but it would be nice to have tools to get the grave there - even a simple move to graveyard option like in S2 would work for me. Maybe add it as a lot type too. Not too sure on funerals...never played a Sims game with them lol.

TS3 has funerals.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

TS3 has funerals.

I'm aware of this, however, I have never played S3. :)
  • Options
    SimmerBoiSimmerBoi Posts: 134 Member
    I too would really love a funeral pack. I'd even be happy with a gamepack if it had more umph to it. @Stina1701A I'd also like to see a death related career. I could see the career being Funeral Service, with a split between Mortician and Funeral Director. Maybe one of the career rewards is a phone that directly calls Death and that you can use to invite him over.

Here's what I'd like to see in a gamepack like this:
    1. Funerals as a Social Event
    2. Graveyards as a lot. Mausoleums as a structure for them (for housing NPC graves like in TS3).
    3. Séance Tables for talking with the dead. Cause phones don't cut it.
    4. Funeral Homes as a manageable business, or a funeral service career. Preferably funeral homes as a manageable business.
    5. Mystic career that can split between Psychic Advisor (with a rare chance of dying from your head exploding) or Medium.
    6. Lots of options for formal dress for all age groups.
    7. Maybe an expansion of the ghost state? Give them specific places to haunt, particular habits or obsessions, or specific ghost types like banshee, weeping spirit, guardian spirit, poltergeist, etc.
    8. And all the other great ideas others have said on this thread like will creation, friends bringing by food after the service, etc.

This is everything I need
    The séance table and mystic career would be AMAZING
  • Options
    Silent_DecaySilent_Decay Posts: 12 New Member
    More death positivity in general. People dont realize that this is our only certainty in life, we should embrace it. Also, any reason for more victorian inspired things?
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited February 2019
    SimmerBoi wrote: »
    I too would really love a funeral pack. I'd even be happy with a gamepack if it had more umph to it. @Stina1701A I'd also like to see a death related career. I could see the career being Funeral Service, with a split between Mortician and Funeral Director. Maybe one of the career rewards is a phone that directly calls Death and that you can use to invite him over.

Here's what I'd like to see in a gamepack like this:
    1. Funerals as a Social Event
    2. Graveyards as a lot. Mausoleums as a structure for them (for housing NPC graves like in TS3).
    3. Séance Tables for talking with the dead. Cause phones don't cut it.
    4. Funeral Homes as a manageable business, or a funeral service career. Preferably funeral homes as a manageable business.
    5. Mystic career that can split between Psychic Advisor (with a rare chance of dying from your head exploding) or Medium.
    6. Lots of options for formal dress for all age groups.
    7. Maybe an expansion of the ghost state? Give them specific places to haunt, particular habits or obsessions, or specific ghost types like banshee, weeping spirit, guardian spirit, poltergeist, etc.
    8. And all the other great ideas others have said on this thread like will creation, friends bringing by food after the service, etc.

This is everything I need
    The séance table and mystic career would be AMAZING

I think that's going a bit too far for me and I wouldn't buy that sort of pack but would leave it to others unless I could opt out of a lot of it. It's getting too much into real beliefs and religions for me unless it was treated very carefully. I'd prefer my supernatural to be more of the Grimm's Fairy tales or Sinbad the Sailor variety and more fun.
    I still want cemetaries though and ghosts. Do we have poltergeists already?
  • Options
    IggIgg Posts: 275 Member
    The Sims 4: Get to the Afterlife.

Grave Robbing: You click on the gravestone and select the "Rob Grave" option. You get a randomly generated object that "belonged" to the departed. While you posses this object the ghost will haunt you. Haunting ghost will have more abilities than normal ghosts. They can start fires and break stuff, but they can also mess with your sims needs and give your sim a Scared or Haunted moodlet.

Sims cannot raise friendships or romance with haunting ghosts.

When you get tired of the ghost's antics you can either return the object to the grave or rat the ghost out to the Grim Reaper, who will come and collect the ghost.

Bind Ghosts to Headstone/Urn: When a sim dies off the active lot you don't get a gravestone or urn. If you hold a funeral for a sim that died off lot, then that ghost will get bound to the gravestone/urn.

Grim Reaper Apprentice Career: You apprentice for the Grim Reaper and when a sim dies you get called there and make the decision of whether or not the sim dies.

While in the Grim Reaper Career, you sim is immortal and doesn't age.

After leaving the Grim Reaper Career your sims can't kill other sims, but you can nudge them to the critical stages where they are endanger of dying.

Ghost Counselor Career: A stay at home career where ghosts come and you counsel them and help them cope with how they died. Eventually the ghost will no longer be tormented/uncomfortable by how it died.

The After World: A Sixam type world with an afterlife theme where a sim with level 10 in the Necromancer skill can visit.

Necromancer Skill: Other than the ability to raise the dead I don't know what things a necromancer skill would include. Maybe you do.

• Options
    rachelwolferachelwolfe Posts: 110 Member
    Many of the suggestions here wound up being done in some form in the Paranormal stuff pack, thankfully (excellent stuff pack, by the way! Well done, gurus!), but we still don't have graveyards or funerals. Sims team, the next time you do anything even remotely creepy or death related, PLEASE ADD THESE! They are much needed just for regular gameplay, as people here have discussed. Thank you.
  • Options
    ServalServal Posts: 21 Member
    Funerals and graveyards would make the game so much better! Seeing a sim I have played since a baby just turn into a pot of ash after many hours in-game is so anti-climatic. Adding graveyards could also make visiting graves a propper part of the game, so the memorial of my matriarch doesn't just feel like an object with no other use than making my sims sad for a while after mourning them : ( New interactions could also be added to the graves, things like "Share a story with passed sim" or "Complain about problems" while sad, etc, as many people do actually talk to the graves of their passed loved ones. Being able to bring candles or flowers to the graves would make me so happy.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I want there to be a tomb you can explore
    more for sim kids and more drama please