Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like a "My First Farm Animal" Stuff Pack?

Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member
edited July 2021 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
As the title says...

I wouldn't mind a stuff pack dedicated to an expansion, like with the Pets expansion with its stuff pack. o:)
Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
Post edited by EA_rephii on

Would you like a "My First Farm Animal" Stuff Pack? 92 votes

Yes
30%
crocobauraBluegayleMichelleWSimburianmystang1972ldmarkoBabykittyjadeRoxygirl0987blueyblueskyfoxybillySheriSim57FreezerBunnyCowplantRedShoe7Zimz4Hearts4umrs_starkeyLady_EarthSharoniaRouensimsnetney52 28 votes
Yes
5%
Chicklet453681SERVERFRADaWaterRatAdmiral8QArarine 5 votes
Justine Keaton
18%
imhappyIsb917JestTrusekojranaDaraviCAPTAIN_NXR7MaggieMarleyWinifred_WillowChadSims2EvaliynScobreCeridwenMDianaSimsColton147147JediMuppetlogionpermanentrose 17 votes
Where's the no option?
45%
auroraael14alexspoom13WrenryPlayerSinger2010TheSpotted_Ckeekee53NivyxDarkLady2788LustianiciataydevKhrisstynephantasmkissjheyjuneicebixtersbenson2006Sindocatsnoepjes1210SimmerMarsDoloresGreyAngelEb95 42 votes

Comments

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited July 2021
    Yes
    I actually use MFP more than C&D. I really like the stuff in that and do not mind the principle of DLC for DLC. Certain themes do not and cannot be serviced well enough with just one pack.

The only problem with MFP was the bedroom set. No matter how you look, it looks cut. If it was simultaneous development the full bedroom set should have been in C&D and other stuff moved to MFP.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Where's the no option?
    Shouldn't expansion packs be complete in themselves? I don't understand breaking off a piece of an expansion to sell separately.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    Justine Keaton
    I dunno, maybe? I never used MFP a lot, I thought the cage became boring pretty quickly, but maybe taking care of a farm animal is more fun.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I would like horses and while I would have liked them in this pack, I'll still want to add them.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited July 2021
    Yes
    Yes just to see the epic meltdown of the community. That aside I do like the my first pet stuff pack and not too fussed it requires other dlc in the game.
    Post edited by netney52 on
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited July 2021
    Yes
    Shouldn't expansion packs be complete in themselves? I don't understand breaking off a piece of an expansion to sell separately.

You see, that's the debate. People against it tend to see it as a license for EA to short change the players and whittle down packs for more profit. People for it tend to see it was a way to get more content for already explored themes that would not come otherwise. It is like the kit debate, honestly. New niche content v. Stripped pack stuff.

Charitably speaking, people that want these types of packs do not want to be ripped off. Just more content, even at the risk of getting less purchasing power per dollar.

Just like, charitably speaking, you have nothing against me or others that want this content. You just do not want to risk it being abused to devalue your dollar.
  • afternoonbaboonafternoonbaboon Posts: 252 Member
    Where's the no option?
    Hahaha... Is that a supposed to be a rhetorical question?
    WweQvgh.gif

we love you kathleen hanna
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Where's the no option?
    As much as I like the farm theme, I don't care for it TOO much in the sims.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Yes
    Sure, they could bring horses in such a pack.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Yes
    I still maintain that the only real problem with My First Pet Stuff was that it came out right after Cats and Dogs. If there had been 2-3 packs in between, it wouldn't have annoyed as many people. Still some, but not as many.

DLC for DLC doesn't bother me if they're revisiting older packs due to new ideas or getting the budget approved to explore things they had to cut originally for either budget or time reasons. But even if the add-on couldn't have fit within the budget of the original, releasing them back to back feels a bit ... off.

I mean, DLC for DLC isn't exactly a unique to EA thing. I've been dealing with it since the dawn of Splatbooks for TTRPGs. Seriously, look at the old D&D releases. Core books + Campaign setting Box sets + expansions for the campaign setting. And while I haven't played D&D since 3rd ed, I'd be surprised if they completely abandoned that model, because other companies certainly haven't.
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    edited July 2021
    Where's the no option?
    As long as they make a game pack for horses, I think that + Cottage Living will be enough farm content for me. I don't think we need a stuff pack for it. After we get horses I'd rather they focus on other themes. We still don't even have Werewolves or Fairies yet.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited July 2021
    Yes
    I will say yes because I love animals and want more of them.
    Post edited by Sharonia on
  • WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    Where's the no option?
    Only if it was a free patch.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited July 2021
    Where's the no option?
    Nah

well unless its dragons :lol:
    or horses maybe yeah that could be a thing I would maybe find slightly fun to have back as well
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Yes
    Maybe, if the stuff pack came with Horses, Pigs, Western Wagons, a Blacksmith Career, Animal Husbandry Skill &
    Old Western Wears.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Justine Keaton
    I rather see Justine Keaton.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    Yes
    Yes, because I can let them roam free and be a nuisance to others
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,775 Member
    Yes
    "My First Horse" stuff Pack.. hopefully made by SimGuruConor.. release buy to me. :D
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Where's the no option?
    I hope they would have learned their lesson after MFPS.
  • Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    Where's the no option?
    No, i don't like DLC for DLC, i wish they include it all in a single expansion ;)
  • Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    Justine Keaton
    My choice speaks for itself lol!
  • Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    edited July 2021
    Yes
    netney52 wrote: »
    Yes just to see the epic meltdown of the community. That aside I do like the my first met stuff pack and I'm not too fussed it requires other dlc in the game.
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I still maintain that the only real problem with My First Pet Stuff was that it came out right after Cats and Dogs. If there had been 2-3 packs in between, it wouldn't have annoyed as many people. Still some, but not as many.

DLC for DLC doesn't bother me if they're revisiting older packs due to new ideas or getting the budget approved to explore things they had to cut originally for either budget or time reasons. But even if the add-on couldn't have fit within the budget of the original, releasing them back to back feels a bit ... off.

I mean, DLC for DLC isn't exactly a unique to EA thing. I've been dealing with it since the dawn of Splatbooks for TTRPGs. Seriously, look at the old D&D releases. Core books + Campaign setting Box sets + expansions for the campaign setting. And while I haven't played D&D since 3rd ed, I'd be surprised if they completely abandoned that model, because other companies certainly haven't.
    Pretty much because of these reasons (yes, I'm lazy, so instead of typing out my own answer or the same but in my own wording I happily just copy paste and plagiarize quote some other peoples' comments o:))
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    Yes
    I would like to see sheep and pigs added. And maybe a few crops like hay, corn, oats, and oranges.

And I’d like to see a gamepack with horses.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I don’t buy packs for the name alone. It’s a meaningless question since no specifics were given on what the hypothetical pack includes.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Where's the no option?
    NO! It is the principle of it all. I still have not purchased my first pet stuff.