Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    bhaXpM1.png
    Expert Results - BnS 147 - Empty Nest

@Jazmi1396
    2Z3DUHr.png
    Small Nest looks like a lovely home for Robin and Wren. The porches along the front and side look like a wonderful spot to sit and enjoy the day. The flowers you chose for the exterior are a nice soft contrast to the columns along the porches. I love that little sunroom with all the flowers and hanging planters. Robin and Wren will love the little garden patch as well. Adding their art throughout the house adds a nice personal touch. All the windows in the house are perfect for letting in more light and enjoying all the wonderful views.

Suggestions: The sunroof seemed a little unnatural for such a beautiful exterior. Reducing the overhang of the glass and adding another regular piece along the front will help it look more realistic. A more in-depth explanation can be found Here

@Alisim19
    gt1r477.png
    Stonehill Cottage is a cute little spot for the Nestlehuts. The backstory of keeping just one plot of the land helps set the tone for the house. The landscaping on the lot is very well done, the lane leading up the house is adorable. The little pond and well go well with the cottage theme. The inside of the house looks like a fairy tale cottage. I hope Robin and Wren find time to relax in their new cosy living room, it looks like the perfect place to curl up.

Suggestions: The yard, while darling, looks a little bare in the front right corner, maybe adding some decor or a little garden plot will help fill the space and give the family more to do, or centering the build a little more will help fill it some more.

@Pinkusfamily
    oNnMnkB.jpg
    Rustic Residence will work perfectly for Wren and Robin in their downsizing! The shrubbery along the outside of the house help add to the wooded cottage home feel. The wood tones and brick wall make the house feel warm and inviting. Thats a nice spacious sunroom, perfect for intimate meals or enjoying the sunshine. The garden being against the sunroom on the outside is a nice convenience so they won’t have to walk far.

Suggestions: I like the brick wall in the main room, however switching up the wallpaper in other rooms will help add some distinction between rooms and help those rooms match a little more.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @Alisim19
    jfuNzTG.png

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    Thank you @BuildnShare , for the feed back and kind words on my creations.

Congratulations to all the winners !

I am always so amazed of the creativity in this forum !

Diane Pinkus o:)
  • Jazmi1396Jazmi1396 Posts: 116 Member
    edited July 2021
    @BuildnShare Thank you for your kind evaluation! For the skylight you showed I think I need a small room on the second floor, and unfortunately I didn't have a place here. But you’re right, the way I did it wasn’t really beautiful.
    @AliSim19 your cottage is so gorgeous! ♥
    @Pinkusfamily I really like your enthusiasm! ♥
    Post edited by Jazmi1396 on
    bhaXpM1.png
    Expert Results - BnS 148 - Spring Designer Showdown

@Jazmi1396
    YWyQS3C.png
    Fantastic work with Spring Designer Showdown, you really have spruced this place up beautifully. Great contrasting exterior finishes, the burnt orange gives a warm glow to this modern design and the sloped roofing by the windows adds much interest. I love the bar and bbq area under the pergola and you have provided just the right amount of greenery to break up the decking. Very thoughtful to have loungers in sun and shade and the chess nook is a lovely feature. Wonderful use of terrain tools to create a sunken basement and your use of moo is awesome, love the aquarium design. You have also mastered platforms to create many unique and interesting spaces, my favourite being the yoga one, very Zen looking.

Suggestions: The only thing that concerned my was the layout of the basement where in order to get to the gym, guest room, etc has to be through the laundry room.

@Clousinators
    oPyFz3z.jpg
    Beautiful façade to Spring Designer Showdown, the traditional style blends in really well with it’s surroundings. The different levels of terrain at the front enhance the build and the bbq patio is a wonderful place to sit and watch the world go by. Love the ‘frothy’ planting, really adds attractiveness to the home. Going inside you have made good use of moo and I especially like the mirror design in the hallway. The additional windows provide lots of light and airiness to the open plan living areas, fantastic curtain arrangement here! Lovely spacious basement family room with plenty of fun activities for everyone, the blue really makes this room pop and I love the sectional couch design.

Suggestions: Add more interest to rooms by using more than one wall texture, ie mix it up with panels or have a stone feature wall for example.

@Pinkusfamily
    ndwRj6O.jpg
    Wow, you really have worked wonders restoring the exteriors of Britechester Housing to their former tudor state which fits in perfectly with the town. Awesome idea to transform this house into student accommodation and you have truly nailed this with all the Uni flags and banners, etc. Fantastic outdoor areas with so many activities for the students to enjoy and keep fit at the same time. The interiors are spot on for a student house using older style furnishings and décor with plenty of clutter to make the place look lived in and not too tidy. Bright and cheery bedrooms and I really like how you’ve designed these to match each student’s interest/personality. The basement really is a bonus, especially the mini theatre room and I love the folding doors of the gym which open out to let fresh air in.

Suggestions: There’s not much I would change about this build other than the terrain paint under the patio table at the back side. The ‘patchwork pavers’ or one of the other stone/grass ones would maybe look more natural if softened at the edges and blended in.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @Pinkusfamily
    Td7Tvzj.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    Thank you @BuildNShare .

Congratulations to all winners !

Again, I must say I am in awe of all the creativity here !

You made my day !

Diane Pinkus o:)
    edited July 2021
    HVCdrRO.png

Established Results - BnS 149 - The Hawthorne Project XII

@icanhassims
    iuKY2bz.png
    Tiny Modern is a wonderful starter home for an aspiring young teacher or artist. Nice use of lot traits, this with the tiny home benefits will have Elspeth maxing her traits in no time. The garden around the house looks so lush and helps add some depth to the yard. The easel and chess table look nice in these areas. The black counters and chairs on the first floor go well with Elspeth’s style and give the room a modern look. The desk on the second floor will provide a wonderful view while doing work or teaching. Good job fitting so many skill items in the bedroom, a little snug but still looks like a relaxing room to learn in.

Suggestions: I felt like maybe the house needed some kind of “living room” space. Maybe a loveseat or just a chair away from a table will help it feel more homey and give Elspeth more places to relax.

@KitelDesigns
    aNLhpjN.png
    This is a cute little cottage. The flowers out front add a nice pop of color to the house. The fence along the front and side go well with the exterior of the house. The lot traits you added will help Elspeth gain skills and save some money. I like that you’ve hidden the bin from the front view with some bushes, and added a camera to the front door so Elspeth can keep an eye out if anyone comes looking for her. While the living room area is small you barely even notice, and it goes well with Elspeth’s style. The loft bedroom provides nice views of the first floor and the backyard, the easel by the window will have plenty of inspiration.

Suggestions: The theme of the house seemed to be a little mixed at times between rustic cottage and modern. Sticking to one or some cohesion between the two styles will help give the home a more put together look.

@pammiechick
    CGYFBjU.png
    Tiny Living Treasure looks like a nice home to relax and get away. The raised terrain gives some depth to the lot and helps section off the different parts of the yard. The exterior of the home has a nice modern/eco feel. The roof patio will give beautiful views of the surrounding lots and ocean and it has a grill to cook up more fruit. The large windows help open up the inside and make it feel more spacious. The half walls between the kitchen and living room are a nice divider while still keeping the space open. That is a wonderful little workspace for teaching kids online or drawing inspiration for new projects.

Suggestions: Make sure you double check the requirements. You were missing a few of the skill building items required in Hawthorne Project builds.

@AfterMidnight
    uaCt5dc.png
    Elspeth’s Container Home looks like it's right up her alley. The containers go well with the surrounding areas. The large window in the living area helps brighten up the space and makes it feel larger. The ladder placement helps add a divider between the living space and work space. The work space is nicely decorated and looks perfect for teaching from home or just getting work done. More big windows upstairs keeps the house looking bigger. You captured the feel of Cosmic bathroom well in the two upstairs rooms. The backyard matches the house well and the fence will help add some privacy so she can relax by the fire or work in the garden all day.

Suggestions: A few more rugs throughout the house will help some spots in a few rooms not look as bare.

@Becka28
    gUgCPrK.png
    Simple Starter looks like a great place for Elspeth to get started on her career. The landscaping around the house looks fantastic, the pathway up the front looks great with the exterior you have chosen. Extending the roof out to make a front porch for more skill building is a nice idea. The kitchen looks spacious and has plenty of storage. The living room feels very bright with the wall paint and windows on both sides. Good job incorporating style from the Cosmic Clean bathroom throughout the house.

Suggestions: The house had a nice bright feel throughout but still lacked a little in decorations. Maybe even a few small personal touches of Elspeth would help her feel more at home.

@MaryKup
    JsLi6Ky.png
    Elspeth absolutely will feel comfy in Comfy Cubby. Very nice flowers around the house and in the backyard. The glass roof in the backyard is nice to keep the chess table and easel covered but still let in all the natural light. The bright wood tones and red accents in the living room go well together and look modern. Adding the backsplash on the wall in the kitchen helps define the space. The bedroom continues the red modern look nicely. Elspeth will like the modern amenities in the bathroom. Good job giving each area of the house its own space with decorations.

Suggestions: Make sure you stay under budget. The lot cost in addition to the gallery cost will be a bit too much for Elspeth’s initial 20,000 budget.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @AfterMidnight
    2nd Place goes to .... @icanhassims
    3rd Place goes to .... @Becka28
    LVn3uS0.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

Room Challenge

@icanhassims
    t1x8RUq.png
    Sleek and Clean looks like a new more relaxing version of the cosmic bathroom. The shrub wall looks nice with the blues and greys in the room.
    And the winner is .... @icanhassims
    s9pu1qx.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    edited July 2021
    Congratulations to everyone! I so enjoyed looking at the houses for Elspeth
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Congratulations to all!

Funny thing--I made two houses. In the first one, I put in all of the skill items and didn't think the build was special enough so I redid it and forgot all about putting those in. Smh... :lol:

Thanks for the comments and judging!!! <3<3<3
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    fcuRqPI.png
    Starting Out Results - BnS 150 - Before and After

@Lissykin
    wPUpeVr.png
    Whitewood Manor is a beautiful home! The original build is very well done and the addition of the sunroom and flower garden in your renovation only make it even more elegant. The new flooring in the main floor compliments the style of the house nicely and you have done a great job of adding artwork and clutter to make the house really feel like a home. You have added so many nice details in your renovation that just enhance this home’s beauty. Well done!

Suggestions: Your kitchen seemed to have quite a bit of extra space. I would recommend moving the table more to the center of the room or adding an island to fill the area. Also, I find taking your pictures in summer is always the best way to highlight your landscaping. Using the cheat “seasons.set_season 0” can change your game to summertime.

@ForeverTuesday
    S4zfhmm.png
    Giving Nookstone Starter a Moroccan style renovation is a wonderful idea! Although the shape remains the same, you would never guess that it is the same house. The transformation of the interior of the home and the backyard is simply stunning. You have added so much color and life in your renovation! All the little clutter details throughout the home suit the style of the house well and it was nice to see that you took advantage of the new courtyard view by adding the open arches in the main living space. Beautiful renovation!

Suggestions: One thing I noticed is that one of your windows in the bathroom has a wall through the middle of it. It may have looked nicer to leave that window out.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @ForeverTuesday
    tk1dhL0.png
    3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    HVCdrRO.png

Established Results - BnS 150 - Before and After

@KitelDesigns
    dPmZvek.png
    You did a great job with your renovation! You covered all of the items that the judge mentioned before (your slideshow was much better and your garden looks more alive now! The art looks more complete with the frames too) The new siding definitely looks more natural with the browns instead of the red tone and the moschino windows match well. The walkway to the front patio looks better coming up to the middle of the house. The decorations on the front porch area look nice with the large flowers lining the area. The eldest daughter’s room has a nice relaxing feel while still showing her interests in cooking. The youngest kids room is adorable with the wall decorations and the layout with all the toys. The addition of the desk area and little tv space is a good use of space in the A frame. The use of shelves makes a nice entertainment center. The upstairs room was renovated nicely, each space is designated but still cohesive with each other. You can definitely see how much your building style has grown since your original, great job!

Suggestions: The main hall seemed a little dark, some decorations on the wall or along the floor might help liven the space up. Also the windows in the bedrooms were placed a little high so that they clipped through the ceiling, holding alt and moving it down slightly will help get some precision placement.

@icanhassims
    yKaEt3T.png
    The Guy Orange’s Second Chance home renovations look awesome! The judges mentioned more decorations to make it look lived in and update the backyard and you covered both of those items. The change of paint on the outside of the house gives it a little splash of color instead of just white walls, and the new windows match the shape of the house better than the rounded windows. The new layout of the first floor is a great improvement! It helps make it feel more spacious. The room looks a lot brighter with the new wall paint and furniture. The living room area has a nice modern feel with the wall mount tv and shelving on the walls. The big window in front of the desk will allow for nice views and lots of sunlight. The new bedroom has a much more relaxed feel with the brighter colors. I love the new backyard. There are plenty of activities and you placed them nicely amongst the shrubs and trees. I like that you can see that your style has kind of stayed the same, you’ve just fine tuned it now.

Suggestions: The area around the chess table in the bedroom still seemed a little bare, maybe switching the wall paint to something softer than brick or adding some curtains will help make it more homey.

@SimTresa
    HqS49KX.png
    Morning Glory Farm is looking much better after its renovation! The landscaping really brings the lot alive and helps it look more realistic. The wrap around porch is a nice new addition. Having defined walkways up to the house and around to the back also help give the house a more detailed look. Sims will enjoy having a backyard with a nice sitting area and a new garden! Inside the house I like that the living room is open to the hallway upstairs. The blues used in the kitchen and living room areas go well together. The room feels like it has lots of natural light from all the windows. The bookcase and chess table are a nice idea to fill the corners by the stairs. Nice use of shelves to make a bookcase in the office. Nice warm red tones in the master bath. The new master bedroom looks much better and also has nice warm tones. Both of the kids' rooms are cute and have nice themes. You’ve made some awesome improvements to this home!

Suggestions: If you prefer to have no windows on one side of the house maybe adding a few taller trees in the yard will help cover a big wall, otherwise a window or two will help it not feel so stark. The dresser placement in the girl’s room was a little off. Maybe placing it further back against the wall or replacing it with a smaller one would look more natural. I don’t have all the packs so I didn’t see all the wood blocks when I placed the lot but I worry it wouldn’t be the same for everyone else.

@JojoMOMSTER
    FmoXHpm.png
    Luv Shak 2.0 is looking even more lovely. Placing the lot in a different world really helps it look right at home. The yard looks better fenced in for privacy. Placing shrubs along the fence and exterior walls of the house are a nice touch and help blend the house in with its surroundings. The new layout is nice for keeping the main living areas close together. Making the inside more neutral and less yellow is easier on the eyes and helps keep the cottage feel throughout the room. The bookcase in the living room is a nice way to accent the wall. The bedroom has a nice modern feel to the cottage theme with a few of the items, it works well in this room. I’m not sure if cottage-glam is a thing but it is what comes to mind with this bathroom. The backyard is perfect for someone who wants to lounge around outside all day. You picked the right things to upgrade, the house looks great!

Suggestions: A few items in the living room (fireplace, bookcase, etc) are a little too modern for the heavy cottage theme that was in the rest of the dining and kitchen areas. Replacing them with a different style that is more cohesive would really complete the look.

@becka28
    DwX13SX.png
    Small improvements on this small home went a long way. The fence and extra shrubs in the front yard help make it not seem so empty. The wall plants and canopies help add some personality to the house as well. The roof looks much more smooth. Adding art to reflect the sim’s heritage is a nice touch. The living room looks much more cohesive with the new curtains and recolored coffee table. The new kitchen looks so much better and matches the new pink tones in the living room. The child’s bedroom feels more relaxing. The new layout does help it feel more lived in. Adding a shed is also a nice personal touch to go along with the sims job. You did a great job at upgrading the house and adding personal touches for the sims that live there.

Suggestions: Adding a few more shrubs along the exterior wall of the house in the backyard will help make the space a little more inviting just like the front yard. Even though it is a shed, giving it some siding or lighter wood would lighten the look and match the main house more.
    [copy/paste as many of these ↑ as you need]

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @jojoMOMSTER
    2nd Place goes to .... @becka28
    3rd Place goes to .... @simtresa
    3idRPUg.jpg

3gHHX7s.png
    Room Challenge

@KitelDesigns
    vj3bhRT.png
    This renovation makes it look even more like an authentic dorm room. The new desk looks better and matches the room more. Replacing the bed with a bunk bed and adding a chill spot underneath helps make the room seem bigger.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @KitelDesigns
    vEEOxbO.png

3gHHX7s.png
    Sim Challenge

@KitelDesigns
    GeKpTY3.png
    I like the slight adjustment of everyone’s hair tones, they look more natural. Everyone’s style looks like it matured with them over time.

@icanhassims
    N9Kxdcw.jpg
    The new outfits are a nice upgrade on the same style the sims had before. I like that you changed their personalities as well, just like in real life.

3gHHX7s.png
    s9pu1qx.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    Thank you @BuildnShare and congratulations everyone on your beautiful reworking of your builds.
    bhaXpM1.png
    Expert Results - BnS 150 - Before and After

@Clousinators
    E0gcxca.jpg
    Thank you for your comments about your goals in this refresh/redesign. Per your goal in this redesign/reno. I agree that your landscaping is an improvement and does blend in more with the surroundings. The color changes (lighter and fresher green tones and lighter in general) add a nice, airy feel, which is peaceful and refreshing. Your roofing improvements are very nice as well. This allowed for increased interest & texture – plus it’s tastefully done. I love the combined use of the glass ceiling showing in the rooms and lighting via the new side windows above! Creative and attractive, plus it keeps you from having the open/empty feel in the room’s ceiling and from having overpowering light.
    Love the new home decor items throughout the interior! Your remodel is lovely, bright/airy, and functional. It also makes beautiful use of the location, and the large windows are wonderful!

Some general comments: I see a great deal of improvement in your slideshow ‘abilities’ as well. You increased the number, angle, lighting, commentary and detail, and quality so much from before! Nice – and so helpful for judging!

Suggestions: I was thinking that the grassy area on the back deck may seem a bit more realistic if come manner of distinguishing the area was added… like maybe the super-low fencing that the pet/sims can walk over… or possibly experimenting with platforms. With MOO on I experimented, and a one-level down platform can be used for the area and the pet and Sim can use it to step down into the area. Then the ramp, circle, and plants can be rearranged in a manner that the Sim and dog can use them for training. (I tested it and it seemed to work fine – though my dog did leave a rainbow poop on your lovely deck. Silly dogs!)

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @Clousinators
    5SuJsGt.jpg

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    Thank you! All the helpful comments from judges have helped my building skill grow along the way :smile:
    I hadn't thought about turning the grass area into a platform but that is a great idea!
    EVxjqb3.png
    Master Results - BnS 150 - Before and After

@AlJay
    z4PCIzH.png
    Overseas Rescue Redo is a fantastic renovation of your previous container development. The exterior wall textures look very realistic and blend in well with the surroundings of Oasis Springs. Beautiful garden centerpiece in the front courtyard which enhances the units greatly and it’s good you have moved the play area to the rear for the childrens safety. Love the landscaping at the back which is very pretty and provides a wonderful privacy backdrop. Fabulous layout of each of the containers which are decorated and furnished to perfection. I really like your choice of colour combinations and how you have designed each unit to suit the respective family.

Suggestions: The only suggestion would be to add more childrens clutter to the playground, perhaps toys, etc to make it look a little less tidy and more used.

@AIRIS6962
    J8JMny5.png
    Jardines de Abril is such a beautiful name for this wonderful remake of your previous entry. The Alhambra has always been a favourite place to visit and it’s good to see you have really captured the beauty of the palace within such a low budget. I absolutely love all the tiling and warm colours of the interiors, this is so perfect for Oasis Springs and the way you have taken the flooring to the front courtyard makes the build flow well. Gorgeous landscaping at the front with very attractive flower beds and the water features are cool and refreshing, adding tranquility and peace to the area.

Suggestions: Maybe the addition of a picnic bench and bbq would be good in order to satisfy any hungry visitors.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @AlJay
    Jt0kRGo.png
    3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    Thank you @BuildnShare :)
    fcuRqPI.png
    Starting Out Results - BnS 151 - Summer Designer Showdown

@tatselk
    8MIlsj4.jpg
    You have designed a beautiful mission style home for the Vargas family! The exterior of the house is very well done, suiting the mission style that you have chosen very nicely. The wood details along with the landscaping really give the home extra interest and the outdoor family area will be enjoyed thoroughly, I’m sure. The interior of the home is very spacious and has a well-designed layout. All the vibrant colors that you have used for the décor look wonderful and it is nice that you even added a play area for the children on the covered deck. Well done!

Suggestions: The upper cabinets in the kitchen seemed a bit high. I would recommend lowering them slightly and also adding a different wall texture behind them, possibly using some tile or something that looks like a backsplash.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @tatselk
    JVpEzpo.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

Room Challenge

@tatselk
    Lx0Gyjm.jpg
    Boho Bonding is a very nice living room! You have thought of every member of the family when designing this one. Adding a desk for the parents to use and a toy box for the kids is an excellent idea. The colors you have used along with the wall decorations are very well chosen and suit the room nicely. Your living room is a room that the whole family will feel comfortable in. Nicely done!

Suggestions: I don’t even know what to suggest, I think your room is perfect just the way it is.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @tatselk

JVpEzpo.jpg

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    HVCdrRO.png

Established Results - BnS 151 - Summer Designer Showdown

@icanhassims
    5BjlqkQ.png
    Modern and Contemporary is the perfect style for the Smiths. Great job using their favorite colors throughout the entire house. The exterior is a nice cool blue with a few nice blue and purple flowers. Good window choices to help give even more of a modern feel. Inside the home, the entry room has a nice choice of wallpaper with cool colors and designs. The layout of the room and the big windows give the room an airy feel. The living room is nice and cozy and the music room will be a great spot to practice. The bedroom is very relaxing and has a nice selection of art on the walls to match the atmosphere and style of the home. The pool in the backyard is the perfect size for Casey and Emily, and the lounge chairs under the umbrella are a lovely place to relax.

Suggestions: Casey and Emily like to cook, I think maybe they should have a stove top somewhere too? The pool and lounge chairs look like a lovely spot, they just need some definition. Adding some terrain paint as a floor, or using the rest of the remaining budget for some floor tiles will give sims something nice to walk on.

@KitelDesigns
    DGXzE0s.png
    Your remodeled home looks very cool and cozy. The blue brick looks nice with the light pine wood. The flowers look nice lining the walkway and the front of the house. The entryway has nice access to both the kitchen and living room. The living room has a nice cool blue color and the pine helps brighten the space. Plenty of seating is nice incase they have others over. Good idea to have a small desk in the corner of the living room. The gym is awesome. The teal colors match very well and the greenery on the wall and windows is a nice touch. Plenty to do in the small space. The kitchen continues on the cool blue tones well with the light pine. Good use of space under the stairs and in the attic spaces! Lovely back deck and yard with a nice pool for more exercise. Big windows in the bedroom for lots of natural light is a nice touch.

Suggestions: In a couple places bushes were clipping through walls, holding alt while moving an item can give precision placement to avoid this weird glitch. Don’t forget to take some photos during the summer as well so we can see the plants when they are the brightest.

@pammiechick
    IcEQKwf.png
    This Contemporary Gem is the perfect size for Casey and Emily. The exterior has a nice mix of natural tones with an edgy look. The terrain paint in the front is a nice way to save on the budget. Good job making the kitchen/dining/living areas all in one room but giving a nice distinction between the areas. The stone modern fireplace wall is a nice centerpiece for the room. Good mix of blues and greens in the decor and in the kitchen cabinets. The grey wood goes well with the blues in the bedroom, helping it feel more relaxed. The master bath continues this style well and feels spacious. The gym upstairs will be put to good use by both Sims I am sure. Good use of space giving them a guest bedroom but also putting a few activities/skill building items in there. Great use of platforms throughout the house and the back patio!

Suggestions: The house seemed a little bare in a few spots, a few cheap pictures or plants in the bigger open space will help make it feel more finished.

@MaryKup
    w7ybgUY.jpg
    You have built a lovely home for the Vargas’s. The flower gardens in the front and around the porch are a nice homey touch. Good job filling the yard with different areas full of things to do. The lounge in the middle of the pool is a very nice touch. Having a private he shed will be nice for his important spy work. There is a nice boho feel all throughout the house and you did a good job at decorating and making the home feel cozy. Nice private office for Zahra to get some reading or writing done. The little nursery nook in the master bedroom is a nice idea. The kids' rooms have plenty of decorations with their own private space for each child.

Suggestions: While the style is boho, some cohesion in matching between rooms would really bring the house together. The slideshow was a little hard to follow at first, add as much description to the photos as you would like, that way us judges don't miss anything!

@Aquacatt
    hO8O2I0.jpg
    Casey and Emily are sure to love your rebuild for them. The blue flowers along the exterior help soften the modern architecture. The pool and basketball hoop in the back will give them some outdoor activities for nice days. The skylight in the kitchen is a nice touch to let in more light. The kitchen is nice and big so that both sims could cook together and it looks ultra modern and sleek. The living room continues the sleek modern look but is still inviting, and the reading nook behind it is a nice touch. The indoor gym will help both sims stay healthy and active. The bedroom is nicely decorated as well.

Suggestions: Not much to suggest, maybe just changing a few of the wood tones on the exterior to match the black and blue used throughout the rest of the build.

@AfterMidnight
    lEr4Eqv.png
    Azalea Casa is perfect for the Vargas’s. The house has a nice mix of mission style items and boho style items to accent. The exterior of the home uses brighter colors and is very welcoming. The main living room and kitchen, while using dark wood tones, still has a slight boho feel. Nice use of space with the reading nook and shelf under the stairs. The living room will be a nice place to gather with all the large windows and comfy seats. Good idea with the two offices, making one smaller so Zahra can have more room to write from home. All of the kids rooms are already full of toys to keep them occupied. The back deck is lovely and bright and has a nice view of the entire yard. The yard is also full of activities for the entire family.

Suggestions: Being a little more selective with furniture will help everything match the mission/boho style a little more, a few of the items felt a little too modern (I know there's not much selection with some furniture items)

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @AfterMidnight
    2nd place goes to .... @Aquacatt
    3rd place goes to .... @MaryKup
    MxbtHtG.jpg

3gHHX7s.png
    Room Challenge

@icanhassims
    SGL5gj4.jpg
    I like the neutral and green colors mixed together for this room, it gives it a nice relaxing feel. The room is small but decorated perfectly so that it doesn’t feel cramped. Style in the room is cohesive with each other.
    mq1Rn5d.png

3gHHX7s.png
    Sim Challenge

@icanhassims
    9jIxcP6.jpg
    You did a great job of bringing Casey and Emily to life. You matched their traits to what was listed and giving them blue and green outfits to match their likes was a good idea. I also like that you gave them some muscle definition since they are both into living healthy lives. I think they will both get along nicely.
    And the winner is @icanhassims
    mq1Rn5d.png

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    bhaXpM1.png
    Expert Results - BnS 151 - Summer Designer Showdown

@Jazmi1396
    HQ8thIl.png
    Summer Designer Showdown is a very beautiful traditional family home which blends into the surrounding area really well. Excellent choice of exterior textures, finishes and fenestration which compliment each other wonderfully. The pretty landscaping enhances the façade and the carport at the side is a great addition. Lovely spacious play area for the children, the sandpit looks very realistic. Great pool design, I can almost hear the refreshing sound of the fountains and I love the well laid out veggie plot. The interiors look very cosy and comfortable, Zahra will enjoy her home library and Ricardo will love his secret office. Gorgeous bathrooms, the Moroccan style adds to the boho vibe and it’s good to see the family have prepared a baby area in readiness.

Suggestions: Just a personal preference but I always think wooden floors look better placed horizonally next to the main entrances both inside and out instead of vertically.

@Clousinators
    ZofACuB.png
    Brindleton Bay is a great location for Larson Family Home, a gorgeous traditional style house with a very neat and pleasing façade. Beautiful landscaping at the front which enhances and uplifts the build. The rear deck is a great place to relax, dine alfresco or partake in some activity within view of the wonderful pond. Well laid out veggie plot and the basketball court will provide the children with lots of fun. I really love the contemporary interior design of the living areas and the light palette of the study, a very soothing place to read in the lovely nook you have created. The counters separate the kitchen and dining room perfectly and the games room is a little haven for the family to come together, very nicely cluttered and with plenty of activities.

Suggestions: I would have liked to see more detail/clutter in the back garden such as toys, flower pots, etc or even a few flower borders. This would make the area look more attractive and lived in.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @Jazmi1396
    c2oZfvz.jpg

3gHHX7s.png
    Sim Challenge

@Clousinators
    qIzwTtu.png
    The Larson Family are absolutely fantastic, love all their outfits. The children seem to have settled in with their guardians very well and it’s so lovely to see them enjoying all the activities in their new home. The only suggestion would be to give Jamie a few different hairstyles.

And the winner is .... @Clousinators
    5SuJsGt.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    EVxjqb3.png
    Master Results - BnS 151 - Summer Designer Showdown

@AlJay
    FeufKkQ.png
    What a lovely and open modern home! This home would be fantastic for a couple who is very interested in fitness and health/cooking! The color choices inside and out lend themselves very well to the functionality and design of the home. The design is stunning and includes all they need. The use of pillars is a strong accent for the patio area and the style of roof and wall openings is attractive and clever – making it both semi-sheltered and semi-open. Love the recessed seating area in the pool! The vertical garden is also a great choice for this couple and build.
    Suggestions: Two bikes so they can bike together! I can definitely this couple biking together. Perhaps consider some type of curtain or blind option on the glass door (or at least a suggestion of it) in their bedroom since it opens to the semi-open patio area and is on the ground floor)?

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @AlJay
    Jt0kRGo.png

3gHHX7s.png
    Sim Challenge

@AlJay
    kKx0zVQ.png
    Oh, my goodness, this couple is so darn cute! I love their clothing and their outfits even complement each other! Great work, and thanks for the slideshow of this adorable couple!

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is…. @AlJay
    Jt0kRGo.png
    3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    Thank you @BuildnShare! LOL re: missing stove. I totally thought the oven under the counter would be enough! Oops :)
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    @Jazmi1396 I love the exterior of your summer showdown house!!!
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    Congratulations everyone! Your homes all looked so beautiful!
    Thank you @BuildnShare You are absolutely right, bikes would have been such a great idea!
  • Jazmi1396Jazmi1396 Posts: 116 Member
    @Jazmi1396 I love the exterior of your summer showdown house!!!

Thank you! ♥
    AlJay wrote: »
    Congratulations everyone! Your homes all looked so beautiful!
    Thank you @BuildnShare You are absolutely right, bikes would have been such a great idea!

Yes, all homes, rooms and households are beautiful!
  • KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    Thank you for your critiques and suggestions. I was wondering if the established people were going to hear anything about our Empty Nesters or Spring Showdown builds? It is no pressure, I was just wondering as i have been itching to hear back about those ones? @BuildnShare

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top