Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I was pleasantly surprised with the sim sessions

2...Next

Comments

• BitterBubblyBitterBubbly Posts: 70 Member
    My sims just went to their first festival, and it was a lot of fun!

One of my guys had a keg in his inventory, so he put that out right behind the crowd in front of the stage, tapped it, and it was a PARTY! Even got to see Morgyn Ember tragically fail at a keg stand. :D

I wish there was some way to cancel the NPC townies who get up on the stage to perform AFTER the concert, though. NPC autonomy still seems to take priority over player directed actions for active sims, which is a real shame (as in, if an action you assign your sim happens to conflict with the autonomous action of an NPC, it's not the NPC's action that gets cancelled, it's your sim's action that gets dropped).

One of my sims is a Level 10 pianist, singer, and a songwriter, and I really wanted her to have a chance to perform one of her songs on stage after the festival...but there was no way to get her up there because the NPC townies (who didn't know how to play) claimed the stage for the entire night. :/

Other than that, my sims had a great time.

Oh, and another cool thing...they brought 4 toddlers with them, and the tots were able to use the tents to take a nap, so that worked out well. :)
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Actually, the City festivals did have that glitch of the festival T-Shirts not changing back. However, the devs did finally fix that problem about two years after City Living release.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    The 143 error code has completely stopped my longest running save dead in its tracks and it hadn't done that before sim sessions. I've tried every means to get it to work and the code doesn't go away. So yeah, i'll have to wait and see what happens to the save after sim sessions goes away. I hope the save isn't permanently stuck in this error.

So far i'm not impressed with this sims sessions now i have played it in another save, the autonomy is acting out several different kinds of bad and it's really destroying what should be a fun time for the sim. it's even worse for celebrity sims that are constantly picked on and end up posing for pictures or sims with high reputation from parenthood who just wonder into the area, as both of these immediately stop anything going on.

i've had sims going to the food truck to ask a vendor for food despite not being hungry, i've had sims head into a tent to relax and the autonomy wants the sim to sleep despite the fact the sim has so much energy left.

The nearby grills and outdoor picnic tables have issues, specifically when you grilled something and the sim puts the food on the floor instead of on the picnic table and other sims don't go looking to grab a few bite to eat from the grilled foods, they instead head to the expensive vendor for average quality food.

All in all i'll skip this sims sessions, it's been nothing but trouble and bother.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would! Love the bow and audience acknowledgement animations - they were a nice touch. My son was a bit wierded out by the unexpected-to-him Simlish acoustic version of Bebe Rexha's song :D But he's not a Simmer. Really, all I'd want more is a second song from each artist. And for the after-concert performances to please prioritize Sims with skills next time this is done.

@foxybilly I thought it didn't spawn at first too, but it's off in a farther corner, IIRC to the upper right of the more used part of the park. I suspect it's an uneditable area.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • BitterBubblyBitterBubbly Posts: 70 Member
    edited July 2021
    Well...unfortunately, I have to revoke the praise I originally gave the festivals. :(

Turns out if one of the sims you're not actively playing (if you're a rotational type of player) happens to show up at the festival and autonomously buys a t-shirt, the festival t-shirt permanently overrides the first every day outfit you set for that sim in CAS...so, their primary outfit is gone if they happen to buy one of those t-shirts. I replaced all the premade families with families I created, so having sims' primary outfits replaced by festival t-shirts was kind of a big problem in my game.

I was mildly annoyed with the resting/sleeping in tents obsession sims had at the festival but decided to overlook it. Now, however, my active family is doing the same thing with their beds at home. I'm having to fight them to keep them from going to bed all day even though their energy bars are full.

So, I'm having to revert to a save from before the festival happened to undo all of this. This time, I won't send them to the festival so my non-active families' outfits don't get overridden and my sims will stop trying to sleep all day when they're not tired.

*Sigh*
  • Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    I felt like checking out the little event and I have to say I really liked it. Not a huge fan of the t-shirt change on some of my sims but I can go back and switch them later. I use MCCC that pulls from my tray of saved sims and only got a "replacement" for the second performer. It was amusing since I have him as a musician in another save so it was kind of fitting. All in all, I like it. I hope that they have a Showtime pack of some sort in the future so we can have our own sims perform.
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    Well, I'm glad some simmers like it, I and my sims thought it was pretty lame. My sim happened to have a toy in his pocket and he sat down and played with it rather than watch the show. I think it was a really great concept, but it needed a little more "show" to the show. Sitting at a piano and singing, is really boring. I can hear the same thing on a radio. But points for something different and new.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    edited July 2021
    I recall grumbling because it needed a patch that offset my mods and set me back in my gameplay by a good two or three RL days. It's only a problem because once Cottage Living is out, I will be playing a different set of Sims, probably totally immersed in that game, too. Might be awhile before I come up for air. But, finally, the mods are all good, reinstalled and I sent my Sims to Uni. Even though I have no clue who these artists are, when the popup came, I went ahead and sent the students for a break. I should have realized it would eat up the rest of their Sunday. No studying occurred. But, the artists were very good and my Sims enjoyed themselves, even if Erik also drew attention. He signed autographs and did exclusive interviews while the acts went on. :open_mouth: He really wasn't trying to be rude to either his fellow entertainers or to his loyal fan base. But, it was fun. I will forego, however, any other concerts that may occur. It put my seven Sims woefully behind in their work, and the Term hadn't yet begun. It didn't help that all four girls came down with the flu, colds or allergies (curtesy of Private Practice). But, the good news is, they all passed that first Term. I don't know how …
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    edited July 2021
    Once I figured out why my t-shirt stand didn’t open. I put several of my top sims together in a household and sent them to the summer session. I bought t-shirts for the household so I can later change them into them, for everyday, sleepwear, hot weather wear, or party wear next time I play. I thought the music session was cute, loved the t shirts, and animations. Had my photographer take photographs to sell, and even got my painter to paint one of the performers, and a painting of my music performer on stage.. but do wish it wasn’t only in Sunday’s, I would have loved more of my sims be able to attend.
  • simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
    The outfits changing into these of the festivals... Doesn't that happen in San Myshuno and Mount Komorebi's festivals either? Nobody is complaining about that. 🤔

Part of my sim family showed up in pajamas lol
  • simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
    Loved it and I found myself laughing and happy to find my sims engaged and happy to be there.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    simplyzoe wrote: »
    The outfits changing into these of the festivals... Doesn't that happen in San Myshuno and Mount Komorebi's festivals either? Nobody is complaining about that. 🤔

Part of my sim family showed up in pajamas lol

Sounds legit as a festival option :D
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    edited July 2021
    I generally enjoy the Sims Sessions, aside from the townies' obsessions with their t-shirts. At first, I thought it was cool to see Sims who attended the event wearing their merch. That seemed realistic to me.

Then something dawned on me. If it's indeed the case that the eventgoers will wear their shirts as their #1 everyday option forever, then EVERY SIM who has checked out the show will be wearing one. That might mean that if I let a game progress far enough that Sunday rolls around again before July 8...and if different Sims attend...then more and more of the young adults in my Sim world will be rocking the shirts. Since I always see a few new faces in the crowd, the I Attended Sims Sessions Fashion Posse will grow ever larger.

My daughter, who enjoys re-dressing Sims very much, will be on call constantly. I haven't checked yet, but if the concert shirts can be used as workout wear or sleepwear, that might be a good use for some of them.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    It was a clever idea. They get artists to record songs for the game all the time anyways, so why not make something more of them like this