Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wedding Pack

I think it would be a great idea to add a pack dedicated to weddings. In my mind it would be a stuff pack, but I wouldn't know.
Here's what it would include:
-more ceremony types
-a wedding officiator
-more wedding dresses and tuxes
(or maybe something else)
-the ability to choose wedding attire and pick wedding rings
-being able to plan the wedding down to the cake
-making planning a fun thing to do with couples
-different moodlets for wedding-related stuff
-having wedding traditions you can follow (or not)
-honeymoons
-being able to invite people your sim may not know but their fiancé does
I could probably think of more things, but this is what comes to mind. Feel free to add more.

Comments

• EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    edited July 2021
    I agree with having more wedding clothing as choices. Here are some wedding dresses and tuxedos I like.
    15-simple-wedding-dress9-cc-sims4.jpg

51-gqr-Jo-CGL.webp

SC4-119492-MAIN.jpg

tumblr-pir3bt-MH4-M1w6snh8o5-1280.png

Wedding-Dress-7.webp
    edited July 2021
    I also agree on picking wedding rings AND the ability to choose wedding attire and pick wedding rings, too, as well as having places to have a honeymoon in (maybe a Greece-themed world?). I also have more images I hope you like.
    003cb5c1583432ec46afd5ae13c6892c-all-black-suit-fashion-photo.jpg

2005-Bafta-Awards-3oe-Fnwof-V1-Zx.jpg

Sanrio-Characters-Badtz-Maru-Image007.webp

And, of course, I have pictures of wedding rings I hope you might like too.
    2AZ5430.jpg

6eabb3e6485018a4cd044f7884eeea0a.jpg

M870-M7-14-R.jpg

wrm-sr1036-yg-8.webp
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    Yes! I really wish they would do a wedding pack. I would be good with this as a game pack or stuff pack. Maybe as a game pack we could get a world with some amazing wedding sites.

I would add
    -veils please!
    -cake tasting and ability to have a cake shop, cake decorating skill etc
    -wedding party, select sims for wedding party and outfits
    -photography options including wedding party
    -option to walk down the isle with parents
    -first dance
    -couples dance skill to add additional dance types

I love the idea of wedding traditions and honeymoons! They should definitely update to include people both people getting married know.
    edited July 2021
    How about the ability to choose an option of veils OR tiaras? Just something to think about. And have the tiaras come in both rose gold, yellow gold, and bronze and the veils come in sizes short, medium length or long and flowing? Just a suggestion I'm making. Oh yeah, what about bridesmaids and groomsmen as well? Can't have a wedding without brides and groomsmen.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    yes please yes the wedding is severely lacking in the game from dresses to decorations.
    I would like an option to pick best man and maid of honor so after the wedding they can do a toast.
    I would love more wedding gown options along with wedding veils options and more ring options especially for the female sims with engagement ring and wedding band.
    I would like for sims to "show off" ring once they get engaged to others.
    I would like for the sims to ask parents blessing like in the sims 3.
    I would also like dance with parent and the first dance.
    different cake options with layers and different designs.
    Celebration after getting engaged and the actual ceremony we have more celebration with the cake cutting then the ceremony that seems so wrong to me.
    I would also like drama like your ex may have a chance to stop the wedding.
    wedding food like we can pick our food at the wedding for the caterer instead of them cooking nothing but pancakes.
    edited July 2021
    We could have different wedding theme such as beach, country/western, Las Vegas, French, and a Greek style wedding theme. Anyway, I found some wedding cakes that I like that I hope everyone does too:
    Charming.jpg

Charming-bl-UE.jpg

sunflower-wedding-cake-ideas-178784.jpg

sweet-pink-floral-wedding-cakes.jpg

wedding-cake-sweet-260nw-299102366.webp

edited July 2021
    And here are some more cake designs that I hope people will like:

4d5c9fca37d4540063d49df98a6b3659.jpg

maryjane-cake.jpg

unnamed.jpg
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    edited July 2021
    I would prefer a wedding pack with the sims team working with CC Creators to create the dresses, tuxes venues etc. over a pack claiming to be in "touch with nature" and it being a fantasy farm pack.

I would like to have bachelor and bachelorette parties. Social options like show off your ring for our sims. Have a wedding planner as a career option and so much more. Maybe having different reactions to the ring depending on their personality. I love the idea of my sims going shopping for a wedding dress. Going to cake tasting events etc.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • CangwenCangwen Posts: 220 Member
    drakharis wrote: »
    I would prefer a wedding pack with the sims team working with CC Creators to create the dresses, tuxes venues etc, I would like to have bachelor and bachelorette parties. Social options like show off your ring. Have a wedding planner as a career option and so much more.
    I'm always up for collaborations.

These are bridesmaid dresses that I think would look GREAT in a wedding pack:

a-few-good-clicks.jpg

Gold-Mermaid-Bridesmaid-Dresses-For-Teenage-Off-Shoulder-Women-Long-Wedding-Guest-Dress-Party-Vestid.jpg

H4fbdf16187cc4c608e4ac53b11e13921-T.jpg

25-ac43db6b-d926-435a-a9c5-fcffc2a7a8ef.webp

Charming-blue-chiffon-flounced-off-the-shoulder-long-A-line-bridesmaid-dresses-1.jpg

fb13995f6be3e2ec63dbbc0f725ac874-original.jpg

edited July 2021
    I want to see more than just western style weddings. I'm not criticizing y'all, just something to keep in mind.

Oh, also there tends to be more stuff for women than for men in CAS. I don't like that.
    edited July 2021
    drakharis wrote: »
    I would prefer a wedding pack with the sims team working with CC Creators to create the dresses, tuxes venues etc, I would like to have bachelor and bachelorette parties. Social options like show off your ring. Have a wedding planner as a career option and so much more.

I disagree, I think as Sims 4 game players I think that we DESERVE to have a CHOICE, to pick out the dresses and tuxedos the game will have as well. After all, we Sims 4 players who DON'T do custom content DESERVE to have a say when it comes to picking out the dresses, tuxedos, cakes and other features, because we're paying for the game. The custom content creators already created stuff for some of the expansion packs, it's time for the Sims 4 game players who aren't custom content creators to CHOOSE what bridesmaid, groomsmen, brides and grooms will have in the game. Custom Content creators ALREADY contributed to houses in "Snowy Escape", but this game is NOT just for Custom Content creators, the game is for EVERYONE who likes playing the "Sims" series, whether they prefer Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4 or all the expansion series or just a few of "The Sims" series so technically, EVERYONE deserves to be able to pick out the bridesmaids, brides, grooms, and groomsmen outfits for the "Sims 4" expansion pack.

HOWEVER, I do agree with you on the bachelor parties and bachelorette parties, that the wedding pack game needs to have that feature.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited July 2021
    I want to be able to have your male sim propose to you for traditional players. I dont like always using cheats to control him or having the woman propose. Id like an interaction "talk about marriage" that if you have a high enough romantic and friend bar tbeyll ask if right now is a good time to settle down. Then later automously they will ask you out on a date and propose to you
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
    edited July 2021
    I want to be able to have your male sim propose to you for traditional players. I dont like always using cheats to control him or having the woman propose. Id like an interaction "talk about marriage" that if you have a high enough romantic and friend bar tbeyll ask if right now is a good time to settle down. Then later automously they will ask you out on a date and propose to you

But what about male/male couples and female/female couples? I totally forgot about that. They deserve to be able to propose too, not just male/female couples. The way we have it now is totally LGBT friendly, and I like that. I think the game should remain LGBT friendly. I also like being able to choose who becomes husband and wife, or wife and wife, or husband and husband.

3ee653240dfeb28a8ae7026ea153147e.jpg

rw-same-sex-wedding-guor-rocha-photography.jpg

rs-17782-grays-624-1373650211.webp

Did you know Queen Victoria proposed to Prince Albert? Also, it's good to mix things up.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited July 2021
    @EliteGirl

I said for traditional players but I also can't imagine the game not adding it for your partner regardless of the sex. I want to be able to have my partner propose should I wish for storytelling

@Cangwen
    Yeah thats great and all, but I want the guy to propose, theres nothing wrong with that
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I liked the picture they gave us in an recent update that featured two indian ladies wedding portrait. I think it would be nice if they added different wedding options, not just American backyard wedding arch. Also I would like a ceremony where you get to exchange lays of flowers instead of rings, and would be nice if wedding guests brought flowers, gifts or gifted cash envelopes. It would also be nice if we could order in advance the menu for the wedding. I hate it when the caterer comes and decides the best wedding menu is salad and no cake. Ans speaking of rings, I hate it when if the female proposes, the male ends up wearing the big solitaire diamond rock ring. I think males should be wearing something with a more manly design.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I think in a pack like this there will definitely be more feminine cas items than masculine. Like how many variations of tuxedos could they make. When there is so much more styles of wedding dresses.
    Cangwen wrote: »
    Oh, also there tends to be more stuff for women than for men in CAS. I don't like that.

Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,770 Member
    I think a stuff pack would be the right size for something like this. The dresses and suits would be gorgeous, but also it'd be great if they had wedding clothing and jewellery etc. more geared towards various cultures as well (similar to what crocabaura said) since it'd be good to have a breadth of 'styles' you could have for your wedding, depending on the Sims you're playing, or the story you want to tell (if that makes sense). Also yes a variety of wedding cake would be amazing! more fancy ones and multi-tiered and such instead of just plopping a wedding topper on a single tiered plain white cake.

I don't know if such a thing exists in-game, I'm 99% sure it doesn't - but you know how you get the graduation photo after uni? It'd be cute to get a similar thing given to you of your Sims after they marry, like a cute romantic wedding photo of sorts. (I know we have the camera in-game, but I mean, a photo that isn't just a double selfie). Would be a sweet memory to put up in their house or something.
    they/them or she/her
    edited July 2021
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I liked the picture they gave us in an recent update that featured two indian ladies wedding portrait. I think it would be nice if they added different wedding options, not just American backyard wedding arch. Also I would like a ceremony where you get to exchange lays of flowers instead of rings, and would be nice if wedding guests brought flowers, gifts or gifted cash envelopes. It would also be nice if we could order in advance the menu for the wedding. I hate it when the caterer comes and decides the best wedding menu is salad and no cake. Ans speaking of rings, I hate it when if the female proposes, the male ends up wearing the big solitaire diamond rock ring. I think males should be wearing something with a more manly design.

How about the option of choosing a ring OR flowers? That way people can have a choice on what to choose for their sims wedding. It would be nice if the guests bringing gifts or gifted cash envelopes. I agree there needs to be more themes for weddings such as a luau, country, beach, Greek type wedding, etc.
    How about these flowers for the wedding pack? What do you think?

81x-UVba-D6u-L.jpg

81x-UVba-D6u-L-AC-SL1500.jpg

daisy-types-for-gardens-1316051-01-abec54c485ba434587b7786f6a7c5bab.jpg

e-Ltz-Xy-WRx-GUO34-Krd-I1-KC2-VLSYd-Q3-AYKA2-Cvj3ni.jpg

f6179e6cf97afc69b04dcc3ff95f5325.jpg

forgetmenots-header-1600x1067.jpg

Quick-Guide-on-How-to-Plant-Forget-Me-Not-Seeds.jpg

edited July 2021
    I also found a few more:

03.jpg

12191936-narcissus-flowers.jpg

88545A.jpg

Colorado-Changeable-Waterlily-Flower-Plants-for-Ponds-Ltd-4.webp

• Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I do like when someone said the option to talk about the future, Also I would like the npc to propose to your sim if the relationship is high enough.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

great idea @StrawberryYogurt
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    edited July 2021
    Well, can we pick the location of the date where the Sims go out on the date and propose? I mean, us players should have a say in where our sims go on a date to propose, because the point of “The Sims 4” is to choose and play how we want to. And who will propose in the lesbian relationships and in the gay relationships? I am just wondering these questions.