Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What have you done with the Goths?

Comments

• JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    Total newbie to these forums and to Sims 4 so... looks like I lack the edit post function to fix spelling above.

I did make their mansion haunted.

Forgotten Hollow has the one lot on the bottom left that is a tiny building - and that spot just seems like a natural fit for the Goths.

As for other pre-made families, I've barely touched them.

I did totally mess up the Caliente family at one point. Somehow when I turned the game on there were babies over there and the guy in there was the father... I'm not sure how that happened, need a daytime talk show host to get the story on that one I guess. ;) ...because I hadn't played them yet - so I copied them into my library from a new game and then replaced them with that untouched copy.

The idea of deleting the premade families hadn't really occurred to me yet. Was worried I might mess up some 'story' somewhere if I did.

But, even if I do, the Goth's will most likely be on the keep list.
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    I haven’t done anything with them to be honest. Although I still really like them because they’re classic sims.
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited April 2021
    -From the gallery added a Gunther and Cornelia Goth. Like I did in sims 3, he became a vampire and Cornelia a spellcaster.
    -Replaced Mortimer with a sims 1 version of himself. Pale skin, thinner face.
    -Married Cassie to J Huntington because he wants her money. Their daughter a spellcaster.
    -Married Dina Caliente to Alex because she wants his money. Their daughter a spellcaster.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    I edited them for my starter save. They are mostly background characters for my sims, friends or co workers. But they are one of the few maxis sims I like to keep around.

Here is what I did
    - change their name to Goth. For some reasons their names are translated in the Dutch version of the game. Now Bella is called Bella again and no longer Cora. I like their names match the names I read on the forum here.
    - turned them into spellcasters. For some reason this just seems to fit.
    - added in Gunther and Cornelia Goth for the family tree. They are deceased but their graves can still be found at the cemetery
    - gave the goths a toddler daughter: Rosetta. The devs once did this in a life stream, I think it was to show toddler stuff. I like the idea and wanted an additional toddler for my toddlers to play with.
  • MEW8313MEW8313 Posts: 6 New Member
    I haven't played them yet but I think that I will today when I stream!
  • readerbug2readerbug2 Posts: 31 Member
    I put Bella in the Secret Agent career with Nancy Landgraab. The two of them are bitter arch rivals at work. In another save file, I turned them all into vampires (Gunther Goth, Cornelia Goth, and Agnes Crumplebottom too). I rebuilt their house as a massive southern mansion, and they're part of one of the old vampire families with the Bjergsens in Windenburg. And they hate the Landgraabs in this save file too.
  • JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    Here we go, the Goth's, moved over to Forgotten Hollow where the house became haunted;

0jHIXHT.png
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    edited April 2021
    The Goths are one of the few premade families I still actually play in my main save, but I have a large rotation and haven’t played them lately.

When I bought the Vampire pack I moved their house to a 30x40 lot in Forgotten Hollow. Mortimer became a Politician. Bella is not currently working. I was going to have them buy a place called the witches brew ( retail ) in forgotten hollow and may still do that. I want Bella to learn how to make Garlic Wreaths and and candles. But, I am also thinking of getting them a Seance table and moving Ulrike Faust into the house so Bella, Casandra, and Ulrike can perform Seances because I’m wanting Ulrike to do the Paranormal career.

I put Mortimers parents graves in a side yard of their house ( I didn’t make, download, or play his parents, but I thought he should have their graves.). Cassandra has a Siamese kitten ( like her Grandmothers cats ), and Alexander has a rat, if I ever start aging my sims I’m thinking of making Alexander a spellcaster. And possibly marrying Cassandra to Caleb. I am also thinking of playing the Charmed family a bit, having the young couple marry and have a daughter, playing them till the daughter becomes a child and having Alexander and her become friends and eventually marry. So far those are my plans for them. I do hope we get a goth clothing stuff pack or kit, though kits are kind of small.... I want Cassndra in all goth clothes.
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited July 2021
    Mortimer Goth had an affair with Dina Caliente. It resulted in a son called José Caliente. He was neclected by both of his parents. When Dina moved out to marry Bert Alto she left their son with her sister Nina. As her family grew she sent him away to the Goth household, but his father was already dead. José currently lives in Oasis Springs with his girlfriend Elvira Capulet. He works as a secret agent.

Bella Goth was faithful to her husband until his death parted them. Shortly before turning into an elder she had an affair with Don Lothario. She was pregnant with twin girls. She named them Adora and Coralia Lothario.

Cassandra Goth became a scientist and got married to Georg von Sonnenburg. However, she kept her last name. After her parents died the Goth clan moved to Forgotten Hollow. There Cassandra lives with her husband and their two children Simeon Lot and Malvina (twins). Their first set of twins just finished university: Cornelius still lives in Britchester where he studied. His sister Jael Corona moved next door to her parents. She brought her boyfriend Robert Chase M.D. whom she met at university. Jael Corona studied Fine Arts. She has been interested in music ever since she was a little child.

Alexander Goth got married to Carlotta Ramirez-Goth. Adora and Coralia can stay there until they reach young adult status. Adora works as a babysitter on the weekends and her sister works at a retail store. Alexander's and Carlotta's son Konstantin Goth is the exact same age as his aunts. They get along very well. Konstantin is a teenanger. He is preparing for university. He'd like to go to Britechester where he wants to study History. His best friend is Kiyoshi Ito. Coralia's best friend is Clementine Lobo. Konstantin has a younger bother called Aaron Goth. He just turned into a child and immediately developed interest in music (violine) like his cousin Jael Corona. Alexander is best friends with his uncle Michael Bachelor and his cousin Lars Bachelor. He works as a writer like his father used to. Alexander published his first book "The story of Julia von Spinnweb" (Bella Goths original German name in "The Sims").
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited July 2021
    Bella and Mortimer are still happily together.
    Cassandra became a spellcaster and is now engaged to Morgyn Ember.
    Alexander is now a teen just trying to figure out life.

The last time I played with them I made their home a haunted lot and had a lot of fun with it.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    I deleted Bella's family & kept Bella. Then I renamed her last name to Bachelorette based on sims 3 Bella Bachelor.
    I have Bella in each of my Game Saves & have her dressed in the timeline she's in, plus it's always in red.
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    Mortimer, Bella, and Alexander have been largely ignored. I suppose if I ever need their house (or the lot it's on) for something, they'll meet some suitably grisly and probably hilarious demise, but for now, they just live in that Addams Family-lookin' weird house.

Cassandra, meanwhile, got aged up and turned into the world's resident "woohoo worker". Single male sims who find their fun and social needs under stress from too much work/whatever goal I have them reaching in-game call up Cassandra, invite her over, and have a good tumble to feel better about life before dismissing her and going back to work.

She's a one-note character, and so many of her former clients are now happily married and faithful...
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    I don't really play with premades.
    So they all died out.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I created my own Goths who are distantly related to the originals - Stefan and Gunilla. The originals died out a while ago so I said that an estate attorney tracked Stefan and Gunilla down. They wear a lot of black and live with cats with names like Archibald and Artemisia. Gunilla plays the piano a lot and Stefan paints. They both went to university while living at home, Gunilla in fine arts and Stefan in economics, I think. Stefan is now a university administrator. They are gothic, live without television and prefer Spooky Day. Right now they have twins.

I just wanted to play with something slightly different but connected to the originals. They are fun when I play them.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited July 2021
    I have already answered the topic but I'm kinda updating it. I haven't played the Goths myself but they have been involved in other things and spiced up my game.

Mortimer. My "main" sim Axel accidentally started a romantic interest relationship with elder Mortimer cuz I forgot enchanting introduction was considered flirty. Because it was Mortimer and not some random boring townie, I just decided to roll with it instead of ignoring it and thus Axel's characterization changed from faithful to faithful-ish, someone who flirts around but never goes further than that as long as he's in a committed relationship. His wife btw repeated the same mistake later (how was I supposed to know "Impress with video game prowess" in contextual menu was romantic?) so now I RP them having this mutually open-ish relationship in which flirting is fine. So, thanks Mortimer, I have had way more fun with the game because this opened a door for many future chuckles.
    Mortimer later died of old age, thanks to me still being stuck in my ways of playing TS3 and keeping the aging on for everyone (I kinda regret this now), but Axel had no qualms flirting around with his ghost instead. Mortimer's family didn't seem to mind.
    Sadly though, just yesterday I noticed that since I had a longer pause from visiting the Goths, Mortimer's ghost now seems to be gone from my game thanks to the stupid relationship culling.

Bella, Cassandra, Alexander. They have all aged up. Bella is an adult while Alexander and Cas are young adults. Alexander is pretty hilarious with his Erratic and Gloomy traits. He likes to get naked in the rain and then forgets to put his clothes back on. I'm actually considering pairing him up with one of my sims though haven't decided with whom.
    I had switched back to my TS2 type of rotational play so they stopped aging and pretty much just chilled around doing nothing... minus Axel occasionally poking around. At one point, when Mortimer was still around as a ghost, he half-accidentally made Bella and Cas smitten with him too (Alexander was passed out on the floor, I'm sure he'd have joined otherwise). I was testing the whole Vampiric Allure thing while having no idea how it worked in practice. I thought I had to target a specific sim or something. Nope.
    Later someone in the forums actually made me realize the Goths would make great vampires so Axel decided to make them all his offspring and finally be done with the whole Vampire Family aspiration.
    Bella's default dark form was pretty rad (minus some stupidly random outfit) so I left it as it is and only added back the outfit and makeup (and jewelry once I remembered). Meanwhile Cas looked like a Klingon. I still haven't decided Alexander and Cas' final look but I gave them all the same eyes for that family vibe.

sUR2eZL.jpg
    Post edited by Thrior on
  • wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    Nothing since sims 1 😅 I've never been a fan of pre made or legacy. I tend to let them just be in the background until I need their lot and then delete them. The only pre made that gets used, customized etc, in my game is Diego Lobo. I never remove him and never plan to.
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    I don't play with them actively. I invented some characters who are distant cousins of theirs (actually they are remakes of characters I had in Sims 2 who actually were offspring of the Goth family), and these cousins live in their house, modernizing it and brightening it up over time.

I let Mortimer and Bella be NPCs. Cassandra grew up, got married and had some kids but then she got purged from the game by culling. I recently downloaded a gallery makeover of her and aged her up to the correct age, pretending that she and her family had moved away but now she has moved back to town on her own with a new look under mysterious circumstance. Bella and Mortimer had a couple more kids, one of whom is also grown up and has a family, the other one is still a child and lives with Bella and her second husband after Mortimer died. Alexander married a beautiful young lady I had imported from the gallery and they had a son. She was tragically killed by vampires, their son Alexei is a teenager, and Alex is remarried and just had another child. I'm good with just letting MCCC do what it wants with them for the most part.

This is Mortimer and Bella's third child through MCCC, grown and pregnant at the beach with her own first child. I just thought she looked great with that bathing suit and jewelry, rocking her bout-to-burst belly:

zinlcQ3.png

My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    In my game I brought the Goths from 4 into 3 along with their house

Screenshot-140.jpg
    Screenshot-41.jpg

It's one of my sims favorite places to steal from
    Screenshot-141.jpg

Aaand this is Bella in my Sims 4 game, inspired by Sims 2 Bella :)

Ewc-Ar12-WEAE20pl.png
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    Wow @Thrior, how did you managed to make Cassandra Goth a Klingon? That's so cool. B)
  • JasGabrielleJasGabrielle Posts: 17 Member
    First I evicted them and left them alone but my version of Vladislaus Straud kept running into Bella, so now they're married happily and Mortimer is lost. Plot twist!
  • Coraline_029Coraline_029 Posts: 71 Member
    They're in unplayed list
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited July 2021
    My Goths are still living together in the same house they started out in, as a family of noble artists with good publicity who are secretly criminals.

Bella: Graceful painter by day, corrupt triple agent by night. Also leader of Studio Donna, a club for female artists.
    Mortimer: Bestselling author by day, interstellar smuggler by night. Died of hypothermia a few years ago and is now a ghost.
    Cassandra: Virtuous violinist by day, criminal hacker by night. Has a little fling with Malcolm Landgraab who is also a criminal.
    Alexander: Beloved actor by day, bloodthirsty vampire by night who breaks into people's homes to drink from them.

I'm thinking about turning their home into a haunted mansion, making it seem like they're haunted by the ghosts of their past because of their criminal activities.
  • sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    Widow Bella was turned into a vampire by my grandmaster vamp Griffin Morecombe. She now reigns as matriarch of her family in Willow Creek. She is a minor actress, as the main character for a children's show. She just started dating Bjorn Bjergsen. He's also a newly turned vampire (also by Griffin) Ever the eternal wingman and hopeless romantic, Griffin set them up on a date.
    Mortimer Goth reached fame as a notable journalist. He is also a born wizard but never mastered his magical talent. He entered his senior years with grace and dignity. Well actually, he was having an affair with another woman. Bella still loved him and they reconciled. He went out with a bang when he died during a woohoo session with Bella.
    Cassandra got her music degree from Britechester and is a concert pianist. She is also a mid level witch. She married her high school sweetheart Wolfgang Munch. Who was raised by his uncle Simeon. Wolfgang turned his life around and like his wife Cass, is a mid level wizard. He works as a detective. They have a son together and still live in the old mansion
    Alexander is currently an emo teenager who just started high school.
  • ButterfreeguyButterfreeguy Posts: 633 Member
    In an old, deleted save, I sent the Goths to Sulani. Mortimer got lost in the depths of the Sulani jungle and got infected by plants. I turned his skin green and had Bella look for a way to cure him.

Then I lost interest in the save and deleted it.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    don't play the goths. hate their ugly black house. think i'll just delete them and their house
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱