Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• DeiraShadeweaverDeiraShadeweaver Posts: 647 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    Alright this is a story find that's gonna need a little explaining but it's got me beaming ear-to-ear. :mrgreen:sims3metries, it's a nice lil collection of three connected-ish TS3 stories by ivaneluna with a nice blend of gameplay and narrative and original townies (woop woop). Found randomly in the simlit tag on WordPress.
    Now here's the explaining: without going into an oral history of storytelling at Carl's forum (tempting though), there was a trend in 2014-ish of story-driven legacies. While it's my style too I'll admit that it waxes and wanes in popularity like anything else. Ivane was one of those writers but also one of the first to peace out and also delete her whole online presence including her legacy blog (SIGH). So I thought I'd never see her again until reunited by chance last night. Hope I wasn't too annoying...

I went and read them and they're really good! Now I really want to play TS3 again.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited July 2021
    okay i have time today so who do i write about noel with the broken heart .again. alec whos now coparenting with his ex alana who seems to love rylan but recently flirted with one guy then the very same day ran down her street to kiss another. i love theese people yes people cathtea calls them human but their complicating my story.
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,768 Member
    @friendsfan367 Maybe do a chapter for each situation- one for Noel, and one for Alec maybe? Or you could both POVs in the same chapter, but I know some people don't like doing that. And although they complicate your story in your eyes, CathyTea is right, it's those conflicts and interactions that make them feel human, and that's a good thing < 3
    they/them or she/her
  • squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    mtsPuo1.png
    Hey everyone! I apologize for no new chapters in June, I actually took the screenshots for two and then got really sick for over a week so it threw me behind schedule. I'm still not feeling the best after that, but I did manage to finish the first chapter I worked on, Chapter 104, which you can read here! The next few chapters after this one will be REALLY big, so I hope you can look forward to them!
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
    Made a modern restaurant which can be Downloaded here.
    Screenshots under spoiler cut:
    9DEl3Sk.png
    eeiTxYC.png
    qp0Eo1q.png
    they/them or she/her
    i never wrote imade cathta instead. oh that sounds weird. i mean i made a sim cathy larsen who based on cathtea. shes in my gallery if you want to see her .cathtea isthe one who does links remember?
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,959 Member
    I’m downloading Sims 4 via Origin on my new computer… it’s taken ages so far and I’m still on the base game 😩 Ugh…
    I’m downloading Sims 4 via Origin on my new computer… it’s taken ages so far and I’m still on the base game 😩 Ugh…

i know. i had to do it too. i thought that was bad then cathtea plays eso. elder scrolls online each pack takes hours to download so by the time i was done it was 2 or 3 days later,

ok downloading is the bad side heres the good when your all done you can play on a brand new computer. :p:)
    oh i almost forgot i'm actually proud of alana. when i leave her to her to do her own thing she kisses or flirts with guys that aren't rylan but i sent her to the festivel and she totally behaved herself. which is shocking cause she used beat ayden up when they were kids,
    Everything finally downloaded, and all my saves transferred successfully! Edges look a little jagged in-game but apart from that everything’s fine. I just need to change the anti-aliasing settings.
    I think I’ll start a “test save” to experiment with the Eco Lifestyle features. I’ll use it to create some characters to put into my other saves, so they have a proper family and background.

• Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    tenor.gif?itemid=3560203

Look at that, I disappeared again for so long, so sorry guys! Just letting you know I'm okay just really busy meeting friends again after getting vaccinated. Summer is in full swing over here in Europe :D Hope you're doing well!
    @Julyvee94 It’s probably good you did take a break, Creative Corner has been quiet save for my constant rambling in the WL. Going back to my main tabletop group very soon now that July 19 is planned to be the end of lockdown restrictions, but I’m very nervous about the end of lockdown restrictions if I’m honest. Crowds of people absolutely everywhere, I’m not sure how well I am going to cope with it (probably not well.) not to mention how busy work will be X_X
    they/them or she/her
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    12previews.jpg

Chapter 1.2. Heathcliff and Matty have a bad Christmas and someone else washes their hands because they've been filthy. (I'm running out of good outtakes and cut images)
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    SnowBnuuy wrote: »
    @Julyvee94 It’s probably good you did take a break, Creative Corner has been quiet save for my constant rambling in the WL. Going back to my main tabletop group very soon now that July 19 is planned to be the end of lockdown restrictions, but I’m very nervous about the end of lockdown restrictions if I’m honest. Crowds of people absolutely everywhere, I’m not sure how well I am going to cope with it (probably not well.) not to mention how busy work will be X_X

at my job i have to check people in and out i put a stamp on them when they arrive but most leave without me checking it and more since restrictions ended they tend to just leave so my job is kind of easy now,,
  • Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    I am not immune to the demands of work, family and must-do projects around my home either so I've been tardy on writing as well. BUT, here we are, the story continues and maybe if you're pining for some Sim Lit and haven't read any Sim 66 I present this...Chapter 112, You're Welcome

https://kelloggjkellogg.blogspot.com/2021/07/chapter-112-youre-welcome.html

4HniVHN.png
  • MagicKaitBallMagicKaitBall Posts: 21 Member
    I'm gonna make this it's own post once I become a regular community member, but I've created a Sims 4 writing challenge called the 100 story challenge! It is ambitious but so far I am having a lot of fun with it!
    i'm going to work on the benders a little later. i have a amazon order coming which is food, then work on part 2 of my cathtea project then the benders i don't want ayden breaking the save. lol if he doesn't feel like hs getting enough attention the save breaks,
    the cathy project is i made a cathy sim but i told her we could put a sim with itso today creating jim. i would explain who that is but cathtea does it better theres a story about a pizza night toward the front of the thread.
    I think it happened the night my boyfriend and I met... pizza party... the pizza AND the oven caught on fire, but we didn't really notice, because we were talking and by the time we smelled smoke, the hosts had put it out!

i found it this was the story cathtea told me when my sim colinforbes decided he wanted a stove without a cooking skill and died when i gave in.
    I’ve been experimenting with Eco Lifestyle features in a new save. Bridget and Sean O’Reilly live in Oasis Springs. Bridget is a freelance fabricator and Sean is a civil designer. Bridget is currently pregnant, and MCCC shows it’s twins, a boy and a girl. And they’re also Spellcasters… because why not :D:D
  • DeiraShadeweaverDeiraShadeweaver Posts: 647 Member
    My Wordpress reader is completely silent lately... Can you recommend me some legacies and stories to follow?
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    13prev.jpg

Chapter 1.3. Heathcliff doesn't let a new boyfriend get in the way of a spa day with his fellow daemons, however well that will go.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • JamesSims528JamesSims528 Posts: 151 Member
    My Wordpress reader is completely silent lately... Can you recommend me some legacies and stories to follow?

I've just started a new legacy :blush:. It's called the Campbell Countup (link).
    @DeiraShadeweaver
    - @BlackUndecimber ’s Britechester After Dark
    - @_sims_Yimi ’s Tales of Camelot are two stories I have been following since I got here and they are great.
    they/them or she/her

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top