Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help. How do I build a room in an apartment building?

FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
My interior designer is supposed to build a Game Room addition for her client but the client lives in one of those high-rise apartment buildings and for these kind of assignments you can't even recolor anything or delete anything and you certainly can't move walls or add floor tiles (which is required). This has to be a quality control oversight by someone. I suppose my sim will just have to bail on the job and take a hit to her reputation and of course no money?

Comments

• desnpdesnp Posts: 29 Member
    i had this same problem. what i did was just renovated one of the rooms instead of adding a room. the client still loved it and my reputation improved heaps and i got paid double the initial gig pay :)
    definitely an oversight by the sims team, hopefully it's fixed in a future update
  • FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Well, I tried to renovate the existing room but it wouldn't let me add anything OR delete OR edit anything like recoloring so I thought I'd just play it cool and pretend to have made changes when I hadn't and I thought I was going to pull that off but in the end the client wasn't that dumb. She wouldn't pay me for simply using her kitchen to make a meal, watch her big screen tv and take a nap and then call her back.
  • desnpdesnp Posts: 29 Member
    thats unforunate :/
    in future gigs i suggest not accepting any room additions for apartments until they fix this glitch
    best of luck :)
  • SweetviSweetvi Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm having a bunch of trouble. Please move this because I cannot post PERIOD unless I'm in someone else's forum. I was TRYING to use a mod called Awesomemod, but so far, it has NOT lived up to its name... It does NOTHING. I can't even sign onto their website, and there is NO ONE to contact about issues. (unless you are signed in.)

Also, I installed Late night, and got none of the content.

Also, ALSO.... interested in what the answer is for the OP... XD (I'm not a total jerk, I at least wanted there to be SOME relevance to my post.)
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Sweetvi wrote: »
    I'm having a bunch of trouble. Please move this because I cannot post PERIOD unless I'm in someone else's forum. I was TRYING to use a mod called Awesomemod, but so far, it has NOT lived up to its name... It does NOTHING. I can't even sign onto their website, and there is NO ONE to contact about issues. (unless you are signed in.)

Also, I installed Late night, and got none of the content.

Also, ALSO.... interested in what the answer is for the OP... XD (I'm not a total ❤️❤️❤️❤️, I at least wanted there to be SOME relevance to my post.)

You might get more response if you post in the TS3 Forum section, it's still really active and there's helpful people on it who might be able to answer your questions.