Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your Sims 5 make or break features

Comments

• ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Emerald811 wrote: »
    IngeJones wrote: »
    I would be put off if the objects were not in proportion to each other or the simmies. It's been turning me off this currrent game since the beginning. And if venues were unrealistically empty, which isn't a problem in TS4 but was in 3. Also if the sims went super unrealistic and had grotesque bobble-heads etc, which hasn't happened yet in the sims but you can find it in other games.

Your computer's CPU determines how many townies and tourists appear in your TS3 world's community lots. When I had my old 2014 computer, I only would an average 12 to 16 in each lot. But now that I have a new computer with a much more powerful CPU, I have tons of townies and tourists in every community lot. So I don't think that is a problem anymore as people upgrade to the newer computers. However, TS3 was still a lot of fun for me back in the day with my old computer!

Here are some pictures of my current world on the latest computer:

Screenshot-61.jpg
    Screenshot-10.jpg
    Screenshot-115.jpg
    Screenshot-51.jpg
    Screenshot-97.jpg

My TS3 worlds now are so lively and I absolutely love it! So if TS5 turns out to be online with more and more lootboxes and microtransactions, people have this wonderful and extremely fun option of TS3! <3

I heard you can meddle with the CPU's limits in the files as well, there's a specific file you can change in the Sims 3's thing, I can't remember the name of it exactly, that if you raise the numbers in it, it makes your lots less empty and allows more sims to populate the lots you're on.
    When I did this on my -somewhat weak but still playable- laptop, it made lots and the world as a whole less barren AND it didn't make the worlds any more laggy (Well not anymore than they can be in my laptop). So it's not a Sims 3 thing, it's the computer doing that, but it's easy to fix.

(if someone knows the name of the file I'm referring to feel free to state it to me because I'm not good at memorizing those things!)

Yeah, when I was setting up my freshly installed TS3 to my new computer, I know I changed some stuff in some files - but that's from following the guides. I don't remember if I adjusted the CPU limits though but it's great that you pointed this out! It's probably in one of the popular guides like the ones from Steam or from NRAAS. Those are the main 2 that most TS3 simmers know about.

• GothicKing13GothicKing13 Posts: 47 Member
    Make:
    The Sims 2 + all the best things from Sims 3 and Sims 4. Living/Swimming and Building(Island Living) on the Ocean. Off The Grid Lifestyles, etc...

Meh:
    Open Worlds (I do NOT miss how laggy the Sims 3 could and WOULD become... if the world was like Sims 2, but with loading times of Sims 4 and travel wise where you could leave YOUR HOME lot at say, 5pm and get to the community lot by 5-ishpm and return home around 10pm and it actually be 10-ish pm I will be happy. Instead of Sims 2 returning to the previous 5pm that you left the lot at.

Break:
    If Sims 5 was to take the route of become another "Sims Online" I simply DO NOT CARE what features are included in the game... EA could give it to me free of charge and offer me $500 and I still wouldn't load it up.
    With every deed, you are sowing a seed... though, the harvest you may not see
    Make:
    The Sims 2 + all the best things from Sims 3 and Sims 4. Living/Swimming and Building(Island Living) on the Ocean. Off The Grid Lifestyles, etc...

Meh:
    Open Worlds (I do NOT miss how laggy the Sims 3 could and WOULD become... if the world was like Sims 2, but with loading times of Sims 4 and travel wise where you could leave YOUR HOME lot at say, 5pm and get to the community lot by 5-ishpm and return home around 10pm and it actually be 10-ish pm I will be happy. Instead of Sims 2 returning to the previous 5pm that you left the lot at.

Break:
    If Sims 5 was to take the route of become another "Sims Online" I simply DO NOT CARE what features are included in the game... EA could give it to me free of charge and offer me $500 and I still wouldn't load it up.

Open world doesn't cause lag, it's improper routing which is fixable. Even when I had my old 2014 game, the worlds ran just fine as long as the routing was fixed. Even the Isla Paradiso world from the Island Paradise EP had very little lag when that world was fixed. So it would be great if TS5 has open world with Create-A-World included at the outset so we would be able to build worlds of all sizes large and small in all kinds of environments. With that kind of system, it would be flexible and scalable enough to be able to play in different computers.

I really can't help but advocate for open world. It is so amazing to be able to explore the entire world and not just the lots only. To be able to travel it from one end to another and take in the sights. I also love it when my sim explores, sees a beautiful setting and just be able to take out an easel and capture that setting in her painting. Also love being able to camp anywhere, even off-lot. Plus plenty of land to be able to place lots wherever you want in the world.

I also found that I tend to send my sims out more to use what's in the world. For example, I never or rarely buy my sims any gym equipment. I'd rather send them to the gym to work out. I have them go swimming at the beach or at the pool club instead of creating a pool for them at home. I also tend to have them eat out more or go to the arcade instead of buying arcade machines for the home, etc. because there are no loading screens to break the immersion and flow of the game.

I also love story progression/town dynamics. It really makes it feel like your part of that world through your sims. I love that the town grows with them.

Another plus for open world is that you can manage your sims concurrently wherever they are. It took some time getting used to that, but I found my own groove, my own routine of managing multiple sims at once. But I really love and prefer it - no time or needs disparities like TS2 and TS4. The gameplay just flows much more smoothly.

In closed worlds such as TS2 and TS4, I found myself wanting to stay home more because of the loading screens. I would often times give my sims larger lots so I can fit in as much of the activities that would have been in the world, into my home lots so that they wouldn't have to leave the house. The time and needs disparities among my sims get pretty annoying. Another reason why I keep them at home.

With open world, you don't waste the world at all. You get to use and interact with of ALL of it unlike with TS2 and TS4 where you can only play in or edit certain parts of it. So it's more bang for your buck.

I hope that EA/Maxis will implement open world. I know that the competition is pretty much going to. So if they can do it and that Maxis has done it before, then Maxis can do it again and do a better job of it since this will be their second effort.

• GothicKing13GothicKing13 Posts: 47 Member
    To each their own, with or without lag... TS3's open world system still didn't hold an awe value with me for very long. I mean there was worlds I could play with 0 lag what so ever and worlds I couldn't go near. Whether or not the open world system was to blame doesn't really matter to me. I wasn't that much a fan of the open world system.

If we could have a world the size of a Sims 2 / Sims 3 world and then make it say the "neighbor hood scheme" like it is now so we can still look around then I'll be happy.
    With every deed, you are sowing a seed... though, the harvest you may not see
    To each their own, with or without lag... TS3's open world system still didn't hold an awe value with me for very long. I mean there was worlds I could play with 0 lag what so ever and worlds I couldn't go near. Whether or not the open world system was to blame doesn't really matter to me. I wasn't that much a fan of the open world system.

If we could have a world the size of a Sims 2 / Sims 3 world and then make it say the "neighbor hood scheme" like it is now so we can still look around then I'll be happy.

No worries, I tend to promote open world regardless of who I'm responding to! :)

Now to my general promotion of open world for the rest of the readers and to EA/Maxis:

I'm pushing for open world, because it would include smaller neighborhoods for those who want it. But if it is only small neighborhoods, then it cuts out the the simmers who want to be able to make or explore larger worlds.

Doesn't EA want more money by making a The Sims 5 game that can attract all players? A flexible open world system that can create all kinds of worlds and neighborhoods will do that.

Plus I have to keep mentioning that the other competitors are making their games open world. I already have my heart set on buying their games because of that (and of course many other factors).

• B13_p02B13_p02 Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="king_of_simcity7;d-989494"]What would make you buy the game or just put you off?

[b]Make[/b]
    Open world
    Realistic life like Sims
    Multiple life stages with some gradual aging
    CASt
    CAW built in
    Cars that you can actually drive in
    Busy and I mean BUSY community lots
    Fully fleshed out features
    [b]OFFLINE[/b]

[b]Break[/b]
    Compulsory online gameplay
    Compulsory updates
    Closed world
    Gender neutral Sims
    Scripted game player
    Restrictive building tools
    No world building or editing
    [/quote]

I'd like to see CC on consoles and ability for a way to upload your photo in the game so you can make a accurate sim of yourself, also I would like an uncensored option, for those of us adults who plays the game , also how about making expansions cheaper, maybe a season pass where you can get new updates, expansions, etc. Included
  • B13_p02B13_p02 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey 😊😊
  • SimThoughts96SimThoughts96 Posts: 16 Member
    Make
    1. Better Age Groups
    - Height presets or gradual growth should be added to the youngest age groups.
    - Actually do some research on humans under the age of 25 before making the next set of age groups.
    - We need a group between toddlers and children. 4-7 year olds are adorable and it’s sad that they don’t have their own age group.
    - Phases for all age groups. They’re not just for kids.
    - Adults, mid-life adults, and elders should get new traits when aging up too
    - Toddlers should have aspirations too.
    - Give each age group a different aspiration. Interests and life goals change with age.

2. Better LGBT+ CAS Options
    - Pick your sims’ pronouns or just default to using they/them for everyone.
    - Assign sexualities to sims.
    - Gender clothing preferences should include masculine, feminine, both, and neither.
    - I want randomly generated townies to LGBT+ at least some of the time. I’m really annoyed that the randomly generated townies are always cisgender and their preferred clothing choices always align with their gender.
    - Coming Out shouldn’t be a necessity in the real world, but would be a great addition to the Sims.
    - Let the players dictate the extent to which they should be present in the game under gameplay options.
    - Random Presence of LGBT+: Townies and offspring sims will be assigned LGBT+ features randomly.
    - Manual Presence of LGBT+: LGBT+ settings won’t be administered to anyone unless you administer them.

3. Miscellaneous
    - Open Neighborhoods
    - Better Autonomy
    - Color customization, but not to the same in-depth extent as Sims 3
    - Clothing for ALL GENDERS
    - More clothing options for young sims

Break
    - Online Multiplayer
    - Subscriptions
    - Potty Training: It’s a waste of time because sims will wet their pants at least 95% of the time later in life anyways.
    - Open Worlds: I hated the open worlds of Sims 3 because it's easy to lose control of the mouse and lag is a problem.
    - HIGH CHAIRS: They are a huge pain. Booster seats that toddlers can climb into independently would be better.
  • TheAlyssa4LifeTheAlyssa4Life Posts: 4 New Member
    Well, just by what you said here's my list!

Make
    Open world
    Cars (Please come back.)
    Busy community lots
    Actual gameplay features
    Color Wheel
    Gender neutral Sims (We need enby options.)
    More stuff like Newcrest (Having an empty town is so useful for challenges.)
    OFFLINE (I'm fine with the gallery, I find it way easier to handle than the exchange. But please, don't make it multiplayer.)
    NO MORE BATUU

Break
    Closed world
    More advertisement packs/pack for a pack (I have not forgotten First Pet Stuff.)
    No world editing
    Battle Pass
  • TheAlyssa4LifeTheAlyssa4Life Posts: 4 New Member
    > @king_of_simcity7 said:
    > What would make you buy the game or just put you off?
    > Break
    > Gender neutral Sims

Umm...if you mean it's a break if it's an option and not just "all sims are gender neutral" I am definitely going to block you.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2021
    I'm not going to buy TS5 if it is like your Break list. I don't have to have open world but a bigger open neighborhood would work for me, plus much more than 2-5 houses in each which was ridiculous in TS4 but if it's any thing like the Break list you posted..I'm out. ETA: Lol I forgot I already answered on page one, just add this statement to my list.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    Make:

Meh:

Break:

Open world doesn't cause lag, it's improper routing which is fixable. Even when I had my old 2014 game, the worlds ran just fine as long as the routing was fixed. Even the Isla Paradiso world from the Island Paradise EP had very little lag when that world was fixed. So it would be great if TS5 has open world with Create-A-World included at the outset so we would be able to build worlds of all sizes large and small in all kinds of environments. With that kind of system, it would be flexible and scalable enough to be able to play in different computers.

I really can't help but advocate for open world. It is so amazing to be able to explore the entire world and not just the lots only. To be able to travel it from one end to another and take in the sights. I also love it when my sim explores, sees a beautiful setting and just be able to take out an easel and capture that setting in her painting. Also love being able to camp anywhere, even off-lot. Plus plenty of land to be able to place lots wherever you want in the world.

I also found that I tend to send my sims out more to use what's in the world. For example, I never or rarely buy my sims any gym equipment. I'd rather send them to the gym to work out. I have them go swimming at the beach or at the pool club instead of creating a pool for them at home. I also tend to have them eat out more or go to the arcade instead of buying arcade machines for the home, etc. because there are no loading screens to break the immersion and flow of the game.

I also love story progression/town dynamics. It really makes it feel like your part of that world through your sims. I love that the town grows with them.

Another plus for open world is that you can manage your sims concurrently wherever they are. It took some time getting used to that, but I found my own groove, my own routine of managing multiple sims at once. But I really love and prefer it - no time or needs disparities like TS2 and TS4. The gameplay just flows much more smoothly.

In closed worlds such as TS2 and TS4, I found myself wanting to stay home more because of the loading screens. I would often times give my sims larger lots so I can fit in as much of the activities that would have been in the world, into my home lots so that they wouldn't have to leave the house. The time and needs disparities among my sims get pretty annoying. Another reason why I keep them at home.

With open world, you don't waste the world at all. You get to use and interact with of ALL of it unlike with TS2 and TS4 where you can only play in or edit certain parts of it. So it's more bang for your buck.

I hope that EA/Maxis will implement open world. I know that the competition is pretty much going to. So if they can do it and that Maxis has done it before, then Maxis can do it again and do a better job of it since this will be their second effort.

I agree that there's no reason that people need to suffer lag in TS3 any longer. Generous application of NRaas mods largely eliminates lag.
  • tqmztqmz Posts: 2 New Member
    > @king_of_simcity7 said:
    > What would make you buy the game or just put you off?
    >
    > Make
    > Open world
    > Realistic life like Sims
    > Multiple life stages with some gradual aging
    > CASt
    > CAW built in
    > Cars that you can actually drive in
    > Busy and I mean BUSY community lots
    > Fully fleshed out features
    > OFFLINE
    >
    > Break
    > Compulsory online gameplay
    > Compulsory updates
    > Closed world
    > Gender neutral Sims
    > Scripted game player
    > Restrictive building tools
    > No world building or editing
  • tqmztqmz Posts: 2 New Member
    I would definitely like a more realistic Sims gameplay, but I would like to play as a single player too!
    It would have to be more adult play for me to buy the next Sims. I've bought all the Sims from the start,
    but I think I need 16+ game play now.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited July 2021
    Make
    •Can create own neighborhoods
    •Attraction system that works and matters
    •Rich lore or tools for me to create my own. Like the story album feature from TS2.
    •Great Artsyle. Sims 4 has the perfect artstyle imo. I didnt play sims 3 for 6+ years because theyre ugly. Thank god they mske up for it in gameplay
    •Consequences. Choices that matter, memories that matter, personality that matters. I want my sims dynamic.
    •Do us black simmers right. Dont make us pay for dlc for good hair, dont make us have to protest for good hair, dont make us only rely on cc for good hair. Respect us please

Break
    •Lack of control/option for traditional lifestyle players. Like if you want to choose your pronouns, but dont make everything ambigious for everyone. Not everyone plays or lives that way. Or like in get famous you dont get to choose the sex you play opposite as for romance scenes. Give me control on how my sims live. Dont force other lifestyles just like simmers wouldnt like other lifestyles forced in the games. Let us choose

•Invasive occults. I want dlc, but i want them in their own packs. If there must be occults tied to all dlc, i dont want them forced into my game. Make them seekable, not right in front.

•Only online or only multiplayer. I wouldnt mind co-op, but not multi-player focused only.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    edited July 2021
    Just read this morning that EA has signed a deal to include video ads in some of their PC and console games, similar to the ads in mobile games. https://www.pcgamer.com/this-company-is-putting-video-ads-in-games-and-ea-has-already-signed-up/

So...

Break:
    • video ads in my game
    • the possibility of EA adding video ads later
    • even a toggle switch that lets you turn video ads on or off (with in-game perks incentivizing you to leave them on) because my Sims getting free stuff every time I watch an ad would break the immersion for me
    • me having to give money to a company that does things like this
    Edit: Apparently the source for the article I linked (Axios) was inaccurate and EA isn't putting video ads in their games. But it would definitely be a dealbreaker for me if they ever did.
    Post edited by Archivist on
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • EarcatEarcat Posts: 461 Member
    edited July 2021
    TheSims5 must have
    single player
    open neighborhoods
    create your own neighborhoods
    color wheel
    make your own non player characters
    CAW
    control your pets
    babies are not objects
    toddlers

Break
    being online
    multiplayer
    gender neutral sims
    ads
    subscriptions
    Post edited by Earcat on
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    What would make you buy the game or just put you off?

Break

Gender neutral Sims

I'm sorry what? Please elaborate as the way you phrased this is offensive to me, as I am Trans and have many nonbinary/gender-neutral friends. Why would gender neutral Sims be a dealbreaker? Unless you mean its every sim being gender neutral, in which I can partially agree with you, albeit with heavy reservations.
  • EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    edited July 2021
    Subscriptions, always online and micro-transactions would be the biggest break by far. that's what they're doing with mobile Sims games so why would they want to bring it to the PC version. I played plenty of online MMOs in the past but life simulator have never been the main focus so I don't know how they're going to make it work to please every play style. I get that some Simmers want to have the possibility to invite other Simmers into their game, even though I'll never use that feature just like I never used Simport in S3. Never saw the Sims as a competitive game so I hope they're not going in that direction for S5.
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    Make:
    -All life stages or progressive growth system
    -Cars, motorcycles, bikes, etc...(transportation)
    -Larger number of selectable and selected personality traits (three is not enough to make a unique personality)

Break:
    -MMO style game play
    -Online only game play
    -phone/tablet only game play
    -V/R only game play (I wouldn't be able to play it at all. With my eye condition Virtual Reality causes massive headaches)

I agree with having NO microtransactions and subscriptions and the game should NOT be always online.

• CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    edited July 2021
    Definitely need to un-tether it from any online demands beyond say, letting people optionally access online for the gallery type features. I find that's a nice thing.

Honestly - the open world vs non is a tough situation. I think both systems have shown some great potential but I'd be in favor of another open world experiment if they can honestly shore up the problems with routing and performance. Especially if they can find a way to still do things like gate sectioned off portions of the game to allow for active job gameplay.

Beyond that? Put CASt back in and spend more time allowing for stronger natural world progression. For all the flaws and hiccups I found Sims 3 had, the feeling of natural growth and world development as you played certainly trumps the rather weird and sterile feel that 4 can have at times in that vein.

Nitpick? Make things that should be round actually round in game instead of this weird "It's a round plate/cup but it's kind of just a pretty octagon instead" >.>

I think the only genuine break here is any kind of forced online connectivity and player interaction. It's not the core design of the Sims games and should not be slapped in.

Edit: And please for the love of all llamas, make hair physics a thing please. LEGO hair should have died years ago and there's no reason to not go all out for the hair physics/clothes physics.
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    edited July 2021
    MAKE
    • Open World
    • World/Town Editor (like TS2 and 3)
    • Strong traits (like in Sims 3)
    • Cars and streets
    • Build/buy with freedom similar to TS2/3
    • A real map (not the illusion map that we get in TS4)
    • Hopping between worlds to visit (able to visit any world without moving houses)
    • Sass and liveliness as seen in sims 2

BREAK
    • Online/multiplayer (gallery is fine)
    • Gender neutral sims
    • Emotion triggering traits (as in sims 4, a happy trait merely makes a sim feel happy)
    • Restrictive build/buy
    • Controversial and divisive political themes in game

The open world should be a success as computers have come a long way since 2009. Especially as long as the devs balance functionality with graphics.
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    *Multiplayer done right. No forced online play, no MMO-style play. Instead, it being more like games like Minecraft and Satisfactory with their private online match/LAN connections. Think S4MP, but actually implemented INTO the game from the start. And this means not being forced into having to have an internet connection to play, keep all the single player aspects Simmers have come to know and love!

I see where you're coming from, but my concern is that if a multiplayer is implemented, the devs will be so focused on multiplayer functionality, that we will lose functionality in the main game. Once it becomes an online game, that is the direction the game will go in. And it will take a lot of work to maintain it. Maybe LAN will work.

Remember Simcity 2013. The series went in that direction and it was a mess. Also there will be a day when the game is antiquated and the servers will be shut down, making a multiplayer game useless.

The Sims series has worked so far. Don't change it!
  • skybird14skybird14 Posts: 90 Member
    Make:

- More freedom with the ability to place lots of differing sizes. I hate being tied to specific lot sizes and placement.
    - Better neighbourhood customisation.
    - Colour wheel for Build/Buy or at least furniture that is easy to match.
    - A better range of everyday clothing that suits ALL AGES. Without CC, I find the choices are rather limited for anyone other than teens/young adults.

Break:

- Online only, subscription based gameplay.
    - Multiplayer without the option to opt-out.
    - Scripted, storyline-based gameplay.

There are other aspects of The Sims that I would like to see in TS5 and others I wouldn't mind being left out but these are the things most important to me.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    Make:
    Cartoony graphics
    Humor
    Wacky gameplay
    Lots of Sims appearing on community lots
    Possibility to choose what gender a Sim is attracted to.
    Cute toddlers

Break:
    Open world (NO THANK YOU)
    Too realistic graphics (creepy)
    Huge worlds and lots (unnecessary for me, I like it small and cosy)
    Online multiplayer :#
    Color wheel without enough preset colors
    Creepy toddlers

• waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    edited July 2021
    What would make you buy the game or just put you off?

Make
    Open world
    Realistic life like Sims
    Multiple life stages with some gradual aging
    CASt
    CAW built in
    Cars that you can actually drive in
    Busy and I mean BUSY community lots
    Fully fleshed out features

In other words, you just want The Sims 3 all over again.
    I will go with Open World, Realistic Sims, Gradual Aging, Create-A-Style or some kind of officially produced program for making custom content, Create-A-World or some way to create unique neighborhoods and worlds and experiences, cars with detailed animations like in The Sims 2 or the ability to drive to places like in The Sims 3, and maybe, fully-developed features.

Busy community lots for all the lots at the same time would be a nightmare to process for the computer. Just imagine all those high-poly Sims roaming about town!
    Break
    Compulsory online gameplay
    Compulsory updates
    Closed world
    Gender neutral Sims
    Scripted game player
    Restrictive building tools
    No world building or editing

A small open world would be nice.
    I am going to root for a Sims 2/3/4-style Build Mode, because there are things that I like from each game.