Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Singing Pack

I didn’t want to post this because I don’t want to get people’s hopes up, but every time I go to the sims sessions festival I keep having the same feeling. am I the only one feeling that after the festival they may bring a singing pack of some kind?

Comments

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I could see a music pack, but not really singing. They'd have to strip it from CL and it isn't as inconsequential as Photography was to GTW. I am not really reading anything into Sessions, though.
  • desnpdesnp Posts: 29 Member
    > @Calico45 said:
    > I could see a music pack, but not really singing. They'd have to strip it from CL and it isn't as inconsequential as Photography was to GTW. I am not really reading anything into Sessions, though.

agree, I'm thinking the sessions was more of a fun update for those who can't pay for expansions and things. would be cool to have a music-themed pack though!!
  • ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member
    Hope so! I want bands and instruments. I would like the band to have a singer guitarist or just a singer.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Calico45 wrote: »
    I could see a music pack, but not really singing. They'd have to strip it from CL and it isn't as inconsequential as Photography was to GTW. I am not really reading anything into Sessions, though.

Honestly, singing is something I wouldn't mind paying for twice. That is, as a skill included with a theoretical band pack in addition to being available in City Living. Kinda like how Tents are in both Outdoor retreat and Snowy Escape.

I mean, personally, the skill itself isn't all that key a part of what I do when I play in San Myshuno (I don't do karaoke very often with my sims), but I can see where it might be for others.
  • gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    the funny thing is before cottage living I thought bands or generations was going to be next well we will just have to wait and see
  • dallymunoz21dallymunoz21 Posts: 99 Member
    I’m sorry if singing was the wrong choice of words, I just meant a music or band pack in general
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited July 2021
    i actually feel that maybe november ep is music related and they just didn't want to miss out on summer festival promotion possibility

really see them be like " we heard you like moosic well here is some more" with it

personally would probably be interested though as long as its not just pop and singers like bands jazz freaking heavy metal hmm maybe
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I really thought this was teasing a music pack. Yeah, we had karaoke. We have guitars, pianos and violins. We don't have a playable musician career though. As I think about it, it seems obvious that it would be a gig-based pack. I dropped out of TS3 when Showtime came out because I really disliked Katy Perry in that era and it seemed like everything was about her at that time. I actually mellowed out about her later but I remember literally thinking, "Too much Katy Perry, I quit." As long as they don't make it too much about any one musician or style, I think it will be popular.

There's obviously already a lot of music but it's also a very popular theme. I could see it happening. It also might be cool if you could somehow create the songs.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    i actually feel that maybe november ep is music related and they just didn't want to miss out on summer festival promotion possibility

really see them be like " we heard you like moosic well here is some more" with it

personally would probably be interested though as long as its not just pop and singers like bands jazz freaking heavy metal hmm maybe

That tracks to me, like they did the festival for marketing without needing to rush out a music pack that isn't ready. I had a similar thought.

Whether it's a pack that's relatively soon or not, I feel like it'd be weird to go to the effort to put in a functional stage of sorts, program crowd reactions, etc., and then not use it for anything other than an event.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I didn’t want to post this because I don’t want to get people’s hopes up, but every time I go to the sims sessions festival I keep having the same feeling. am I the only one feeling that after the festival they may bring a singing pack of some kind?

I sure hope so or later make the music festival permanent.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I’m really hoping we get a music pack soon. It’s my top wish. I’d love to have my Sims really perform together and do an active music career. Of course I would want new instruments too, like drums, cello, harp, saxophone, and theremin.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    I’m really hoping we get a music pack soon. It’s my top wish. I’d love to have my Sims really perform together and do an active music career. Of course I would want new instruments too, like drums, cello, harp, saxophone, and theremin.
    Yeeess :#
    Idem! Please Maxis
  • YBNS2468YBNS2468 Posts: 240 Member
    I hope so!! 👌🏼😃 and I'm sure we will get a
    Music EP at some point...😊

The-Sims-4-EP-14-Pop-Roll-Box-Art-Front.png

The-Sims-4-Pop-Roll-Render.jpg
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    edited July 2021
    I think the fact they can bring those aspects to the game through an update as a temp event, they certainly have the ability and what they need to make a Superstar/Showtime pack.

I've also believed that they will eventually put some kind of showtime pack out. I think it will be similar to Get Famous but with bands, groups, an actual singing career....
    WbUrFQm.png