Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    Hello there, I am not new to the Sims games but I am new to the forum, I've used other forum sites before, so I know my way around them pretty well, I am mostly here to meet people and make friends with similar interests. I love the Sims, and been playing a lot of the 4th installment, its a bit obessive at times, lol, so anyways, thanks for the warm welcome to the site, you can call me John, that's what most people know me as, I have my very own custom sim that I will add to my profile picture as soon as I become a full member. Thank again. sul sul. :)

Hello @JohnTheSim96 :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    I hope you will enjoy reading the forum threads, meeting and chatting with fellow simmers, and enjoy posting about what is happening in your game.
    Playing the Sims can be a bit addictive! It is great seeing what is happening next in the lives of our sims!
    Happy simming! :)
  • JohnTheSim96JohnTheSim96 Posts: 43 Member
    Oh, hey, I forgot to actually fully introduce myself, I mean I did say my name but I didn't really tell you my age or where I am from and what not. I'm a 25 year old male, living in the United States of America. My live is pretty boring at the moment, I mostly just sit at home on my computer, and lately been playing a lot of the sims. I had a job at one point but with covid and everything its been tough on me, I spent five years of my life at one work, and then another for not even a week. That's about all I can think of right now, if there is anything else you want to know about me, feel free to send me a message, sul sul.
    edited June 2021
    Oh, hey, I forgot to actually fully introduce myself, I mean I did say my name but I didn't really tell you my age or where I am from and what not. I'm a 25 year old male, living in the United States of America. My live is pretty boring at the moment, I mostly just sit at home on my computer, and lately been playing a lot of the sims. I had a job at one point but with covid and everything its been tough on me, I spent five years of my life at one work, and then another for not even a week. That's about all I can think of right now, if there is anything else you want to know about me, feel free to send me a message, sul sul.

Hello @JohnTheSim96. I am sorry to hear that you lost your job as a result of COVID. I send hugs to you <3 I am glad that you are enjoying simming, which would be a helpful break from all that your real life is holding.
  • Trin_611Trin_611 Posts: 31 Member
    Hi, @rosemow I am technically a new member of the Forums, but I have been a simmer since 2014. I am currently in college but my love for the sims hasn't died. In my free time, which is not as often as I would like, I hop on a play a little bit. It is a nice escape from the real world sometimes.
    Trin_611 wrote: »
    Hi, @rosemow I am technically a new member of the Forums, but I have been a simmer since 2014. I am currently in college but my love for the sims hasn't died. In my free time, which is not as often as I would like, I hop on a play a little bit. It is a nice escape from the real world sometimes.

Hello @Trin_611 :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    Simming is a very nice way of helping you to take a break from the stresses of your college studies. It is also fun and enjoyable to do!
    I hope your studies continue to go well.
  • MagicKaitBallMagicKaitBall Posts: 21 Member
    Oh hello, you can call me Magic. I have joined becuae I'm really interested in a lot of sims challenges and I want to interact with this community. I've lurked on these forums for a while so I thought it was time to create an actual account so I can respond
    Oh hello, you can call me Magic. I have joined becuae I'm really interested in a lot of sims challenges and I want to interact with this community. I've lurked on these forums for a while so I thought it was time to create an actual account so I can respond

Hello @MagicKaitBall :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to posting on the forums!
    Sims challenges are great! They encourage us to play the game in new ways than we may usually play it, and we discover new things. I hope you will enjoy chatting with fellow simmers as you post on the threads.
  • Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    Hi everyone,
    I'm new here (not new to Simming though, I've been playing the game since it first came out!), still trying to get my head around how it works here so please bare with me. :)
    I've joined to hopefully inspire me to play challenges and to challenge myself with building (something I don't normally do, I'm more into game play) and finding inspiration and friends here.

I do have one quick question that concerns me. When signing up it signed me up using my personal email through my Origin account and can't seem to change this. I've checked a couple of profiles to check that emails aren't visible and they don't seem to be. Could someone please confirm that emails aren't visible to other users? Thanks for any replies!
    Lulu29 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    I'm new here (not new to Simming though, I've been playing the game since it first came out!), still trying to get my head around how it works here so please bare with me. :)
    I've joined to hopefully inspire me to play challenges and to challenge myself with building (something I don't normally do, I'm more into game play) and finding inspiration and friends here.

I do have one quick question that concerns me. When signing up it signed me up using my personal email through my Origin account and can't seem to change this. I've checked a couple of profiles to check that emails aren't visible and they don't seem to be. Could someone please confirm that emails aren't visible to other users? Thanks for any replies!

Hello @Lulu29 :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been simming since the original Sims 1. You would have lots of special memories of fun times spent simming over the years.
    I hope you will enjoy reading the forum threads, discover new simming challenges, enjoy looking at fellow simmers’ creations, and enjoy chatting with other simmers on the forum threads about your sims.
    No one else except yourself can see your email. It is okay :) Your email is completely private.
  • Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @Lulu29 :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    > It is very nice that you have been simming since the original Sims 1. You would have lots of special memories of fun times spent simming over the years.
    > I hope you will enjoy reading the forum threads, discover new simming challenges, enjoy looking at fellow simmers’ creations, and enjoy chatting with other simmers on the forum threads about your sims.
    > No one else except yourself can see your email. It is okay :) Your email is completely private.
    > Happy simming! :)

Hi rosemow,
    I definitely do have a lot of happy memories with this game. One of them is playing with an old family friend on the weekends. She was really into decorating houses on there and would spend hours doing so. She's now gone onto decorating show houses in real life for her career and has made it into her business! Funny how she first started on the Sims all those years ago lol. :)

Thanks for confirming about the email!
  • CalicoShoesCalicoShoes Posts: 6 New Member
    Sul sul! I'm a fairly new Simmer, having started with the Sims Medieval last summer in 2020. Then I got into TS4 and have become obsessed with my new favorite game! The pandemic/lockdown got me back into games for the first time since childhood, really. I actually owned the original Sims game but never played it because... I'm an idiot, I guess? lol I really wish I would have played so I'd have all those memories and experienced how the game evolved through the years. Oh well!

I live in Virginia, U.S., and love history, YA fantasy, podcasts, cute animals, astrology, dnd, language learning, travel, and karaoke. I'm currently teaching myself French and would say I'm at an A2 level.
    Lulu29 wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @Lulu29 :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    > It is very nice that you have been simming since the original Sims 1. You would have lots of special memories of fun times spent simming over the years.
    > I hope you will enjoy reading the forum threads, discover new simming challenges, enjoy looking at fellow simmers’ creations, and enjoy chatting with other simmers on the forum threads about your sims.
    > No one else except yourself can see your email. It is okay :) Your email is completely private.

Hi rosemow,
    I definitely do have a lot of happy memories with this game. One of them is playing with an old family friend on the weekends. She was really into decorating houses on there and would spend hours doing so. She's now gone onto decorating show houses in real life for her career and has made it into her business! Funny how she first started on the Sims all those years ago lol. :)

Thanks for confirming about the email!

You’re welcome :)
    Sul sul! I'm a fairly new Simmer, having started with the Sims Medieval last summer in 2020. Then I got into TS4 and have become obsessed with my new favorite game! The pandemic/lockdown got me back into games for the first time since childhood, really. I actually owned the original Sims game but never played it because... I'm an ❤️❤️❤️❤️, I guess? lol I really wish I would have played so I'd have all those memories and experienced how the game evolved through the years. Oh well!

I live in Virginia, U.S., and love history, YA fantasy, podcasts, cute animals, astrology, dnd, language learning, travel, and karaoke. I'm currently teaching myself French and would say I'm at an A2 level.

Hello @CalicoShoes :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you started simming by playing the Sims Medieval and now you are also enjoying playing Sims 4. The lockdown has brought many people to start simming, as it is fun, enjoyable and allows us to take a break from real life snd all that our lives and day are holding.
    It is great that you are learning French.
    I hope you will enjoy reading and posting on the forum threads.
  • plutoplumbobplutoplumbob Posts: 47 Member
    Hello! I'm new to the forum but I've been playing since the Sims 3 when I was young. I'm from Canada and currently in university. I've always loved playing family-orientated games and going through multiple generations with my sims. I love history, reading, and listening to music. Can't wait for many awesome discussions with you all! :)
  • SylphicAriaSylphicAria Posts: 2 New Member
    Heya! Though new to the forums, and Sims 4, I’ve been playing since Sims 2! I love creating Sims (though lots have always been my bane) and I’ve even made CC back in Sims 3. These games have always been a good way to destress for me and I could easily lose myself for hours in the Create-A-Sim alone. Mermaids are apparently my new favorite thing (though I miss werewolves and fairies) and I’m happy to be back to Simming!
    Hello! I'm new to the forum but I've been playing since the Sims 3 when I was young. I'm from Canada and currently in university. I've always loved playing family-orientated games and going through multiple generations with my sims. I love history, reading, and listening to music. Can't wait for many awesome discussions with you all! :)

Hello @plutoplumbob :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    It it is very nice that you have been simming since Sims 3 when you started playing it when young. I hope your University studies are going well. You would enjoy playing The Sims as a restful break from the stresses of your studies.
    It is very nice having sims families and seeing the interactions between generations of family members. It is lovely seeing sims progressing through the different age stages.
    I hope you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers on the forum threads.
  • PhoenixKingfisherPhoenixKingfisher Posts: 11 New Member
    Hi all!
    I'm Phoenix, I've been playing Sims since the spring and joined to ask a question about building since I have an issue. I guess it'll have to wait til tomorrow. This forum has been very helpful with the questions I've had in the past so maybe I just need to search better. Hope you're having a great day!
    Hi all!
    I'm Phoenix, I've been playing Sims since the spring and joined to ask a question about building since I have an issue. I guess it'll have to wait til tomorrow. This forum has been very helpful with the questions I've had in the past so maybe I just need to search better. Hope you're having a great day!

Hello @PhoenixKingfisher :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you started simming this year. Simming is enjoyable and fun!
    When you are a full member you will be able to start your own thread in the builds section of the forums and post your question there.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-gallery
    You need to have 25points and 15 posts before you can become a full member and can then have an Avi picture, post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly and have quotes appear in grey boxes . This thread explains about it.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/978073/new-members-guide-welcome-to-the-forums#latest
    You receive a point each time another simmer presses like or awesome or insightful on a post that you have posted in a thread created by another simmer.
  • shenandoah_valleshenandoah_valle Posts: 20 Member
    Hello, I'm Pete. Been playing the sims since sims 1, happy to be here
    Hello, I'm Pete. Been playing the sims since sims 1, happy to be here

Hello @shenandoah_valle :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you have been simming since the original Sims 1. You would enjoyed spending many fun and happy hours over the time playing, creating sims and building homes and venues in the game. Simming is enjoyable!
  • shenandoah_valleshenandoah_valle Posts: 20 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @shenandoah_valle :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    > It is great that you have been simming since the original Sims 1. You would enjoyed spending many fun and happy hours over the time playing, creating sims and building homes and venues in the game. Simming is enjoyable!

Thank you :)
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @shenandoah_valle :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    > It is great that you have been simming since the original Sims 1. You would enjoyed spending many fun and happy hours over the time playing, creating sims and building homes and venues in the game. Simming is enjoyable!

Thank you :)

You’re welcome :)
  • SandyLee149SandyLee149 Posts: 65 Member
    Hello, I'm Sandy. I love the creativity that comes with Sims. I also find it relaxing. I enjoy building a lot. One day soon I'll find the nerve to actually upload a lot. I really appreciate players who take the time to post tips and such for no other reason than just to be helpful. I may be new to the forum, but it will be nice to know where I can ask questions when I get stuck or don't understand something. :-)
    Hello, I'm Sandy. I love the creativity that comes with Sims. I also find it relaxing. I enjoy building a lot. One day soon I'll find the nerve to actually upload a lot. I really appreciate players who take the time to post tips and such for no other reason than just to be helpful. I may be new to the forum, but it will be nice to know where I can ask questions when I get stuck or don't understand something. :-)

Hello @SandyLee149 :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you building in the game. Building is a very enjoyable way of expressing our creativity through the game! I hope you will upload a build that you have created soon. Simmers would enjoy having it in their game.
    It is great that you are finding the forum threads helpful :) There are many simmers that will help you if you have questions or game problems
  • Cave_PunkCave_Punk Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi all! I've been lurking here for quite some time and has just made an account to ask about something I couldn't found anywhere lol I loved playing The Sims since the 3rd game (I wanted to play the 2nd but my pc back then was not really strong enough for it and I'm too young to buy my own) I'm working as an illustrator and I'm from Southeast Asia.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top