Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The sims 1 faces

JinkxJinkx Posts: 62 Member
Does anyone know How the sims 1 faces are made? I have a feeling those are real pictures of people.... or are they custom made?

Comments

• MMXMMX Posts: 4,426 Member
    Considering how cartoonish they look, I'm sure it's the latter.
    9d1z2m12k175.png
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    It varied. The EA versions were custom made by the devs. However, various modders got into the act and developed a software program than enabled players to import pictures of real people and put them onto their sims. I know because I had it and used it. What I don't remember is whether it was availabale in packaged retail form at game/software shops or if it was online. There was a similar one that enabled players to take any regular photo/picture on their computer and make it a framed picture to put on their sims' walls. Had a lot of fun with that one, and likewise don't remember now if it was store bought or not. That game had a lot of add-ons, some by Maxis, some third party.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Around the sims has links to programs that were used but most of them are not working anymore.

http://sims1.aroundthesims3.com/news/faq_special_skins.html#create

The sims resource also still has all their downloads available, you can check maybe they still have active links to tutorials and software used.

• JinkxJinkx Posts: 62 Member
    Maybe you guys don't understand my question. But my question was if the base game faces are based on real faces? for example, is the Bella goth face an import of a face in real life, or is t drawn?
    Only one of the developers could accurately answer that, but based on the import faces I did I would say that all faces, other than player made imports are drawn as generic faces. Probably used some sort of creator tool, an earlier and more primative version of what was available to us in TS2 and following. Doing real people without their consent can lead to legal difficulties.
  • zero35zero35 Posts: 99 Member
    edited May 2020
    Y01NM4.jpg
    try The Sims Creator from The Sims Complete Collection
    Now that you put it up, that looks familiar. Thank you! Dumb question, maybe, but is Complete Collection still available somewhere and will it run on XP if it is? I doubt WIn 10 is an option.
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    edited May 2020
    Now that you put it up, that looks familiar. Thank you! Dumb question, maybe, but is Complete Collection still available somewhere and will it run on XP if it is? I doubt WIn 10 is an option.

Amazon has it on new condition.
    Complete Collection is compatible with Win10,tested on win10 2004
  • SwanSong93SwanSong93 Posts: 240 Member
    Can someone post the pictures of all available faces in Sims 1? I couldn't find it anywhere.

The desktop that we used in playing Sims 1 is already broken.
    SwanSong93 wrote: »
    Can someone post the pictures of all available faces in Sims 1? I couldn't find it anywhere.

The desktop that we used in playing Sims 1 is already broken.

you email address,if you need i will send