Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The sims 4 Cottage Living Negativity thread.

Comments

• Options
    SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Onverser wrote: »
    scoed1227 wrote: »
    There will be no new careers. That is my official complaint.

This thread isn't up to the usual level of negativity. Where's the pitchforks? Only 10 pages? This is the smallest such thread in a while for being announced over a week ago.

Farming is a pretty highly wanted theme for a lot of people, so honestly even if they did farming absolutely terribly and it was the worst pack yet people would still be more positive than usual. In my opinion it does looks like a pretty terrible execution of farming (no pigs, horses or tractors, animals locked to objects, the world lacks country charm and just looks like Windenburg x Britechester 2.0 and it's a tiny world with barely any lots again). I think this thread will definitely grow when it comes out and the hype dies down and people realise how shallow it is...

The farming mod looks more fun, and better executed, so personally if I want farms I'll save myself the money and download that instead 🤷

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV8pGHfqCkE&ab_channel=Arnie-TheSimsPlus

No offence, but this is another mod that will crach your game, and it probably won't be updated after Cottage Living is released with official farm tools. Of course it depends how good the farming is in Cottage Living.

Are you speaking from experience, or just making a general dismissal? I'm honestly curious, because it looks pretty stable in the gameplay videos I've seen so far. But it just came out, so I don't know. If it is stable, then it looks amazing.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member

This thread isn't up to the usual level of negativity. Where's the pitchforks? Only 10 pages? This is the smallest such thread in a while for being announced over a week ago.

Farming is a pretty highly wanted theme for a lot of people, so honestly even if they did farming absolutely terribly and it was the worst pack yet people would still be more positive than usual. In my opinion it does looks like a pretty terrible execution of farming (no pigs, horses or tractors, animals locked to objects, the world lacks country charm and just looks like Windenburg x Britechester 2.0 and it's a tiny world with barely any lots again). I think this thread will definitely grow when it comes out and the hype dies down and people realise how shallow it is...

The farming mod looks more fun, and better executed, so personally if I want farms I'll save myself the money and download that instead 🤷

No offence, but this is another mod that will crach your game, and it probably won't be updated after Cottage Living is released with official farm tools. Of course it depends how good the farming is in Cottage Living.

And your proof of this is because ?
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited June 2021

The bugs and glitches this is causing is mountain high in the discord. So much the mods started deleting repeat complaints and told people to search first. He's a talented modder but all of his mods bring tons of gliches or crashes because he sort of abandons it and moves to the next mod. There's two I'm still waiting for 2 years later. Never heard of it again lol. He seems like a really cool guy but I don't mess with his mods anymore. But I do keep up to date.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    Hey @crinrict what other files should one remove besides the Mods folder and localthumbcache?
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    From the trailer I’m afraid the Grocery store is just a stall included in a store shell, like they did with Realm of Magic rather than a real store and lot type and I really hope I’m wrong because it would suck.
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    From the trailer I’m afraid the Grocery store is just a stall included in a store shell, like they did with Realm of Magic rather than a real store and lot type and I really hope I’m wrong because it would suck.

I think it was said somewhere that there is a stall (not a store).
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Well it sucks and it’s a huge missed opportunity.

Same with ponds freezing but sims can’t skate on them. Or Bunnies that you can befriend on not have as a pet. Or the number of lots for a farming EP!
    haneul wrote: »

• Options
    RebeccaThurstonRebeccaThurston Posts: 234 Member
    to me as a player some seem to be judging the pack before giving it a try so i see no point in being so negative as a player i see all the new content as a great addition to the game

I fully agree with this statement but we did wander into a complaint thread lol So it's probably on us!
  • Options
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    It would be awful if they don’t let us cook the rabbits, cows, and chickens!

I can't tell if you're serious, but the dev team already said they would never allow that. The rabbits are wild creatures to befriend, the chickens produce eggs, and the cows milk. That's all.

Yeah and the llama produce wool.This probably why we don't have pigs.Because there is nothing they are use for beside meat.

And hunting down truffle mushrooms!
  • Options
    bizuktag wrote: »
    The style is too cutesy for my personal taste. I don't play Disney princesses who make forest friends that help them sew dresses (no offense to those who want to); having wild animals bring my sim gifts just doesn't appeal to me.

One thing from the blog that particularly troubles me:
    In the forest, look out for wild rabbits, foxes, and birds. Earn their trust for occasional gifts and help in the garden.

Are the rabbits unable to be kept as actual pets by sims who live in other worlds?

LOL it might be worth it if it went along the Shrek style of fairy tale! :)
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I'm disappointed there are no careers in this pack. It seems like an easy thing to add in. They could have just added some rabbit hole careers.

The Village Errands just feel like a reskin of the Odd Jobs from Island Living.
  • Options
    Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    :/ Like everyone else wants fairies is the same for me but am not into farming or whatever tired in sims 3 got bored of it very fast unsure why this not part of outdoor living or eco both fit the theme. But, another pack could be used in one older pack and 12 lots once again a useless lot for me. I'll still buy it but ill play a few days or so'll go back to my old gameplay.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • Options
    summertaffy68summertaffy68 Posts: 211 Member
    I don't understand how there are so many complaints about something that just has a trailer out...and this is a major problem with the fandom. I get if you wanna complain after it's released but you're all just speculating what you'll be upset about. Strange.
    1500x500.jpg
  • Options
    doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    seems like a lot of recycled items, animations and ideas :/ sad how typical this has gotten over the years. along with “its too hard to make”.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    I don't understand how there are so many complaints about something that just has a trailer out...and this is a major problem with the fandom. I get if you wanna complain after it's released but you're all just speculating what you'll be upset about. Strange.
    It's not a problem at all. People should be free to complain or express worries, just as they're free to praise. Besides, we have enough confirmed information to go off of, so most of this isn't baseless speculation.
    I think we’ve seen and heard enough information to start thinking about the appeal of some the aspects. 🤔

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    mewo13mewo13 Posts: 60 Member
    I can be negative here, yeah? I actually have no problem with this pack. It's just absurd to me that we need to have a POSTIVE and NEGATIVE thread to have a discussion. That's just baffling. People can't handle opposing opinions?

Cool pack but I'm going to keep my expectations down, I've noticed a trend where the BETTER the world is, the less game play we actually get. The world here looks dope, I'm all for cottagecore, so I bet the gameplay will be lacking. Hoping it's not. Just trying to temper my expectations.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member

This is what they want tho, us going back and forth, so we remember it exists and consider buying it. If they wanted us to keep everything to ourselves until we've seen it, they could announce it the day it's released. Also, we already know some details about it because they've told us ??? So how can you say it's only speculation.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    mewo13 wrote: »
    I can be negative here, yeah? I actually have no problem with this pack. It's just absurd to me that we need to have a POSTIVE and NEGATIVE thread to have a discussion. That's just baffling. People can't handle opposing opinions?

Cool pack but I'm going to keep my expectations down, I've noticed a trend where the BETTER the world is, the less game play we actually get. The world here looks dope, I'm all for cottagecore, so I bet the gameplay will be lacking. Hoping it's not. Just trying to temper my expectations.

No, people on this board absolutely cannot handle differing opinions, which is why there already is someone in this thread complaining about there being a negativity thread.

Anyway, since there's only 12 lots, perhaps they did focus on gameplay. They're having gamechangers make the buildings in their worlds now apparently, so that should allow whoever is developing the pack to have more resources to devote to game play.

At least, we can hope.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member

The purpose of this thread is for simmers to voice any concerns or criticism they have.
  • Options
    EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member

Good for you, you're still hopeful after 72 packs that they're gonna surprise you with this rich, deep gameplay. The rest of us are sick of the kiosk being reused multiple times with a new recolor with every pack, with a new festival as the "core gameplay" of the new pack. The only thing interesting about this pack are the cow/llama shed and the chicken coop and rabbits, which could have eaaaasily been a game pack at half the price. I don't understand TS4 "expansions".
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • Options
    SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    edited July 2021
    Edit: Comment removed. I completely misread an earlier post.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    edited July 2021
    Looking at the gameplay trailer, assuming that's really all it has to offer; it's fine, I guess. There is nothing "bad" about it (besides that animal shed black hole door) but it doesn't look like an expansion pack. It looks more like a gamepack in terms of of content and not $40 worth. Which has been a recurring problem for this series, unfortunately. Gonna wait for that sale.
    Post edited by BlueR0se on
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member

yep the sims 4 with its endless market stalls instead of lots :#
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member

I mean this is quite clearly a negativity thread if you didnt notice 🙄
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top