Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

question about sims 3

I have sims 4 with all the EP'S on my new macbook. Will sims 3 be harder to run? Or is sims 4 harder to run?

Comments

• AnnaRowleyAnnaRowley Posts: 4 New Member
    To be honest, when I started playing TS3, I realized that it's dramatically less laggy with open world and a lot of opportunities than half-empty TS4. I have an old PC with 4gb RAM and dualcore and I can't say that my game is unbelievably laggy, even though I use a lot of heavy mods. You should just watch tips how to clean your game, prevent corruption and make it faster 🙂 The Sims 3 is great, but needs some sort of special approach. That's not scary.
  • AnnaRowleyAnnaRowley Posts: 4 New Member
    Also, I forgot to say that TS3 on mac requires even more special approach. Be careful when doing something with your game files and everything will be OK
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I would ask in the TS3 forum, it's still very active. I know that Macs got a new upgrade for TS3.

TS3 typically for a good majority of people has some lagging issues, mostly due to bad routing and cars, sims, and horses getting stuck. But if you install a couple of mods that actually clean all of that us, it helps tremendously. I personally have no lag while in TS3, but I also have 16 GB of RAM on my PC Desktop and a good Graphics Card. And over 1 TB of free space on my hard drive.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited July 2021
    In my experience ts3 is way harder to run. Had to jump through hoops just to play without crashing and even then I get lagging and glitches. Ts4 runs very very smooth for me.
    Ts4 only gets lag if your pc for some reason can't handle it. Like my old PC got lag on huge lots with tons of cc. My new PC runs it like a beast. I Play like a 4 story 64×64 cyber city with no issues.
    And ts4 has never had a crash that wasn't mod related. That's my experience.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2021
    TS3 MAC support got a 64bit update. I will assume that means (like in pcs) that it can now take advantage of all the RAM installed if MACs have RAM. But really it should run much smoother since it is now 64bit for MACs..something pc players have been begging them to do forever.

ETA: There are two mods recommended though I rarely used them and one covers the over spawning of cars in townies inventories and trash clean up of the system that Maxis didn't do in TS3.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I should read this first as it has some helpful advice....

https://simscommunity.info/2020/10/29/the-sims-3-mac-64bit-release-is-out-now-on-origin/