Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    Still not quite up to play The Sims 3.
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    edited July 2021
    Hi everyone. So I got this extreme tiredness again that had plagued me much of last year. I can't concentrate on anything without falling asleep. Ugh. Anyway, that explains why I'm mostly absent here. I really have to see whether I can get out of this quickly.

Thanks once more for the new comments (actually read all posts). As disappointing as it may be, mostly for myself, that's all for now. Although I can leave a pic, or two (or three :wink: ).
    TKAbRGp.jpg
    I think she's still pretty, although I may have to change the hair again.
    sQoUQIW.jpg
    Comments will hopefully come soon :smile: .
    Post edited by Turjan on
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited July 2021
    Turjan wrote: »
    Hi everyone. So I got this extreme tiredness again that had plagued me much of last year. I can't concentrate on anything without falling asleep. Ugh. Anyway, that explains why I'm mostly absent here. I really have to see whether I can get out of this quickly.

Thanks once more for the new comments (actually read all posts). As disappointing as it may be, mostly for myself, that's all for now. Although I can leave a pic, or two (or three :wink: ).
    TKAbRGp.jpg
    I think she's still pretty, although I may have to change the hair again.
    sQoUQIW.jpg
    Comments will hopefully come soon :smile: .

Hi it’s not easy to understand your absence as a non English native. Sounds like you haven’t been good with the extreme tiredness. I’m sorry to hear that. Hope you will get better :) Usually I have a 3pm syndrome myself. The 3pm syndrome is the symptom I named that makes me very tired for a couple of hours from 3pm everyday. I still don’t find the way to get rid of this either. Anyway, Rose is very pretty in human and also in plant sim. :)

Post edited by Jeansoo on
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@Karritz Thanks for the info on it. Maybe someday, but not with my current stories and families.
    That is terrible that person went out and spread her germs knowing full well she'd be exposed and wasn't feeling great.

@GraceyManor Good luck with Reshade. I hope it doesn't mess your game up.

@PalmArrow Thanks so much for the comment on the sunset. Took me a little while to figure out the alt tab too. :grin:
    The town looks very pretty.
    That was very nice of him to spend some time with the little one!
    Thanks for the comments on my update! :heart: Much appreciated.

@lisasc360 Great pics of your game play.

@Onverser um, he's so cute, why no friends? Is he mean, grumpy, inappropriate, evil and steals candy from tots? :flushed:

@Sprottenham Gracious, Gaute is certainly ambitious!
    Great crowd and love all the interesting outfits the townies showed up wearing!
    Great idea for fireworks!
    lol, crying babies will ruin the fun.

@Anthonydyer r Sounds like a fun trip down memory lane grabbing the family to play again.

@Nikkei_Simmer At least they have each other.

@Silverofdreams30 Good luck with the interview on Monday and Happy Birthday early!
    Will head over there shortly to read it!

@Lucy_Henley Congrats on getting the PC and hope you have a wonderful birthday.

@Sleepstar Bummer, hope you feel better.

@Turjan Bummer you are experiencing the fatigue again. I have narcolepsy so can appreciate the hard time concentrating and falling asleep easily. I have to arrange my work day to be done by mid afternoon as I am pretty much brain dead by then.
    Your cooks look great and I do love seeing them have fun while cooking.

This shot may look a little familiar to those who read and follow my story. I had Damien posed and took his picture for the story. Then this cute little homeless dog comes running in the yard just barking away at him. Well, Damien was posed so he couldn't pet him or chat or respond at all. I snapped this picture and stopped his posing and when he stood up the little dog disappeared. :confused: That was a bummer! I hope he comes back! He was such a cute dog!
    51266985400_4db5676eb9_o.jpg
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    @bekkasan

I will read your update tomorrow,
    good night
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited July 2021
    removed this post cause I want to add more to update tomorrow
    Post edited by GraceyManor on
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited July 2021
    I saw @ /Acidlure on Twitter tweet about recreating Crystal Vu from Strangetown in the Sims 3 and I got inspired by it so I tried to make her from the screenshot he posted!

E5-Px-HN3-XIAAc-EA.jpg
    Screenshot-112.jpg
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    @bekkasan I think I won't be adding the mod to my games unless I want to have a bakery.

I agree it has caused a lot of grief here with that person going around spreading the virus. Fortunately so far she only seems to have passed it on to her brother but I think that version of the virus has a longer incubation period before it starts showing symptoms so it probably depends on when people were exposed. They are reassessing the situation today and if they think they've identified all of the contacts and they are in isolation then we should be opening up again today. They do these 3 day lockdowns to try to stop it spreading fast while contact tracers are trying to track down all contacts. The contacts are then expected to self isolate until they can show they didn't catch the virus.

@SPARKY1922 I think I've done enough testing now. I'm frankly over testing this mod.

I decided to run the community lot version using my Fantacy Land Bakery. It is much smaller and the sims won't live on the lot. It ran for about 2 or 3 sim weeks. Very few customers and nothing much sold.

I wondered if it might be due to the build being a smaller. We are comparing a residential complex on a 64x64 lot with a 30x30 community lot.

So I went a bit radical I changed the community lot to a residential lot and moved my sims into it. The change in the number of customers was stunning. The first morning after changing to a residential lot there were so many customers there was a pile up at the door and it took a while for them all to get in. There are buying constantly too. It is much more entertaining and fun and lively to play a bakery using this mod if it is a residential lot. Also, there were more issues. For example both types of lot have problems with items staying marked for sale, but the community lot seemed to have much more items lose their marked for sale status than on the residential lot. And they lost that status more often.

Advertising is different on the two different types of lot. I bought 7 days advertising on the community lot and it stayed stuck on 7 days for the 4 or 5 days I ran the business. As soon as I changed the lot type to residential the advertising days started counting down. I'm still not convinced that the advertising counts down by 1 day each sim day on either lot.

So I plan to finish putting the video together now and stop testing.

Happy Simming
  • AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    @Turjan : sorry to hear about your tiredness!
    I just can try to imagine how it could feel to be so exhausted that you can´t think anymore!
    I hope that the colder weather we have now helps a bit to get some needed rest!
    Tagging you because there is a new update of my story!
    It´s a long one again and I wasn´t able to shorten it for posting it here, so I use this way to tell you that there is another chapter, if you are interested in reading it. (you don´t have to and you don´t have to feel to be pushed to a comment by me! I don´t intend that with this tag!!!)
    Get well soon! <3
  • SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    @Turjan Oh, sorry to hear about the tiredness, hope you can find a cure for that soon.

Rose is a pretty sim, and I like the first picture with levitating spoon, haha. :P

@bekkasan Oh yes, Gaute almost wore me out with wanting such a big party. ;)

I considered going in and editing some of the outfits the locals showed up in, but I had gotten a little lazy at that point, so I just left it as it was..
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
    edited July 2021
    Finally I am done with their summer vacation, and normal life can continue! ;)

A little history lesson...

The town of Bewickton that they are now travelling from, was founded more or less as it is today, in 1853 by C. Twinbroke, and was given the name Bewrickton. However, due to the local dialect it was always pronounced as Bew'ickton, without the 'r', and later that also became the official spelling...

Chapter 11.4 - Part 8 - Going home, and the remaing days of july
    Next morning...
    tVrzHOX.jpg
    „My first beach party ever. What a vacation this was after all.. now I am little sad it is ending and we have to go home..“

daCFvCc.jpg
    Leya has a wonderful reaction to her daughter as she is about to play Queen once more. I love it when they react like that.

bS9Zadr.jpg
    Gaute consolidates Bodil for being a little sad because they have to go home.

nHuJYKV.jpg
    Of course, on the way home they go the same route, by rental car and plane, only backwards.. and no car or plane crashes this time either...
    (PS: They didn't drive on that stretch of road way in the back there.. that road is closed, because of unstable ground. ;) This was my first go at making a town for Sims 3 so it's not always picture perfect... )

And once they are back home in Sprottenham they see that Solvej has been hard at work building a greenhouse for her plants!

0xxZj6S.jpg

„Now my plants can grow all year round!“ she says, before she sings a little song to her tomato plant. :)

6xRDMDR.jpg

NHEi2gQ.jpg
    Inside Patrik welcomes Queen Bodil with open arms. Leya examines the coating on the wall.. and I hear lots of laughter from outside..

EoPBtr3.jpg
    Oh, Solvej has found a new to have fun, playing with the sprinklers. :)

wbPgTM2.jpg
    FN8GTjK.jpg
    Gaute reveals to Patrik the familys intention of moving out and the reason why... Their relationship bar is in the red.
    hrATVag.jpg
    Patrik answers by complaining about Bodil.

KMG4Fms.jpg
    Gaute yawns at Patrik's complaining. Gaute thinks Bodil is a lovely kid and is really happy to have her as his step daughter.

ZdLmv20.jpg
    Then Patrik starts to yell at Bodil for no good reason, and that was the last drop for Gaute...

gU9Fyh0.jpg
    Gaute: We're moving out now! I want no more of this!

Gaute gets out his phone to figure out what is for sale, and quickly bids on a new house. A few days later, contracts are signed, money is paid, and the family is ready to make their move...

Unfortunately this means that from now on we're going to have to leave Rune and Solvej (with her garden and unborn child) behind. And, well, Patrik too. But its probably much better for all of them in the long run...

„Off we go!“ says Gaute. He really can't wait to make it out of there.

JBy7BFu.jpg
    Goodbye to Greenacre Road 15...

in16ncb.jpg

1EuC0Zi.jpg
    ..and hello to Cliffon 11!

MMmYoZq.jpg
    „This is our new home!“ says Gaute.

dYxiygr.jpg
    Leya is hungry from moving and goes straight for the kitchen. The house is furnished, but perhaps a little empty looking at the moment, but I am sure they will be able to make it something of their own and feel right at home after a while.

g0L42Py.jpg
    „I think we should get some different wallpapers.. I see lots of things I want to change already“ Leya thinks.

PPMkQSb.jpg
    „Oh, this is wonderful Gaute! We got a home right next to the park!“ Bodil says while giving Gaute a hug. And yes it is true, their home is right next to the Cliffon park at the end of the street with the same name. It's not a bad area at all!

KCqtCBf.jpg

lZ7oMIr.jpg
    Gaute: I salute you, Captain Bodil, Commander of the Chitrakaarian Empire!

s8epjLz.jpg
    Leya has found a small office room on the first floor. It would perhaps be a great place to turn into an art room for her to do her drawing and painting.

X6r118f.jpg
    Bodil wants mom to read a bedtime story. Leya gets a little emotional when she goes upstairs and sees how spatious this home is compared to their previous one. There are four pretty large bedrooms upstairs, a bathroom and a small living space area that leads out to a balcony. And they have it all to themselves!
    TCzrtGs.jpg

A1KstAC.jpg
    Gaute watching sports on tv downstairs. „Hmm.. I want to move this tv set so I can sit on the couch while watching instead of having to stand...“

ZqtDNuR.jpg
    But when he turns it off to go to bed, it immediately breaks...

„Nevermind that.. I want to throw out this old junk and get a new one that works!“ he thinks while freaking out..

Bonus stuff:

orDnLxe.png

(As an extra bonus, there is a link to an additional old video from the town in my story thread for those interested.)
    th1das9.png
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    I enlarged and partially refurbished my household's home. Only partially, because #1 - I got tired, and #2 - I ran out of simoleons. There should be more furniture, and I should work more in Create a Style - the ceiling is 3 different colours now! But I'm very happy with how this under-stairs shelving looks in game. I noticed this set a long time ago at TSR but only added it to my game now.

This is one side, in the kitchen and dining area:

k1tYT3O.jpg

And the other side, facing the entrance to the house:

8ED09o5.jpg
    @PalmArrow Oh yes, those stairs look pretty neat. Even the pose player looks like its right at home in there (I assume thats what it is and not just a decoration).
    th1das9.png
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @Sprottenham , yes, that's the pose player! :smiley: I use to just keep it in a corner but I realised it actually looks quite nice on a shelf.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member

@SPARKY1922 I think I've done enough testing now. I'm frankly over testing this mod.

I decided to run the community lot version using my Fantacy Land Bakery. It is much smaller and the sims won't live on the lot. It ran for about 2 or 3 sim weeks. Very few customers and nothing much sold.

I wondered if it might be due to the build being a smaller. We are comparing a residential complex on a 64x64 lot with a 30x30 community lot.

So I went a bit radical I changed the community lot to a residential lot and moved my sims into it. The change in the number of customers was stunning. The first morning after changing to a residential lot there were so many customers there was a pile up at the door and it took a while for them all to get in. There are buying constantly too. It is much more entertaining and fun and lively to play a bakery using this mod if it is a residential lot. Also, there were more issues. For example both types of lot have problems with items staying marked for sale, but the community lot seemed to have much more items lose their marked for sale status than on the residential lot. And they lost that status more often.

Advertising is different on the two different types of lot. I bought 7 days advertising on the community lot and it stayed stuck on 7 days for the 4 or 5 days I ran the business. As soon as I changed the lot type to residential the advertising days started counting down. I'm still not convinced that the advertising counts down by 1 day each sim day on either lot.

So I plan to finish putting the video together now and stop testing.

Happy Simming[/quote]

Thanks @karritz I don't blame you for being over it after spending so much time testing it out already..what you say about the markup not sticking sounds frustrating and annoying as obviously they will require checking regularly. What you said about a bigger lot and sims queing at the door really piqued my interest though :) I look forward to seeing it all in action in the video :)
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,959 Member
    Currently downloading Sims 3 and all my packs with Origin… this could take a while
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I finally finished my legacy! It took three years, but I finally reached ten generations.

e2d965036c8e7211daceae931d95fb67b4d93a2a.png

I probably won't play Sims 3 for a while now, but glad I can say I completed a legacy.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
    Yay! Everything has transferred successfully from my laptop! Now to get playing… :D
    edited July 2021
    Well, I had a bit of a panic when I loaded the game and some of the objects had been replaced… then I realised that none of my EPs/SPs were showing up in the launcher. Thankfully I figured out the problem and everything is working perfectly! Ahhh I’ve missed this game… everything is running so smoothly :smile:
    Preview...

The Jennings family moved to Sunlit Tides!

96Lxq0m.jpg

Maddie grew up... and decided to become a mermaid!

t1jwOmb.jpg
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    @SPARKY1922 I've been thinking. I've decided if you just want to play and have fun with lots of customers buying stuff then you need it on a residential lot. But if you like a hard challenge then a community lot might be the way to go. I'm only testing a bakery/gift shop. Someone else can do a fashion store or car sales yard etc...
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    edited July 2021
    @PalmArrow

It's so nice to see you posting things again, those stairs
    are gorgeous.

@KayeStar

wow, congrats,
    three years is indeed a long time.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Hi @Karritz

No I will be definitely be giving both residential & community lots a go with the mod because i would like to see the differences as well :)
  • AnnaRowleyAnnaRowley Posts: 4 New Member
    I downloaded an adult mod and put my mother and her son into the crazy life of sin 😀
    I also have 2 daughters and I sent the oldest one to a boarding school for her safety xd because I love her so much
    By the way, the son was sent there too, later. The little daughter should age up to a teen soon and I hope she'll be okay. Or she'll be sent to a boarding school (nice way to gain freedom for parents tho)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top