Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plants are still reverting. :(

Comments

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I recall that previous bug fixes would have effect only if you replaced the object in question. There was something wrong with the fridge inventory, and after it was fixed we had to replace the fridge to have it fixed in our game.

Could it be that old plants won't get fixed, but that new plants will be fine? Did anyone try to start a garden from scratch?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    Yeah, my scientist sim watered the plants at the lab and they all reverted. I had to cheat them back, but they lost all their harvestables.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    MDianaSims wrote: »
    Does this happen in existing saves? Because often fixes only work on new saves and not retroactively on saves that already have that particular bug. They usually mention it in the patch notes though.

I hate when they do things this way. It's garbage for those of us who play one main save.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    MDianaSims wrote: »
    Does this happen in existing saves? Because often fixes only work on new saves and not retroactively on saves that already have that particular bug. They usually mention it in the patch notes though.

I hate when they do things this way. It's garbage for those of us who play one main save.

Exactly. Why even bother playing until the game is done and they stop patching. That is ridiculous. I already had to start a new game after the last patch and I just can't see myself having to delete and replace all the lots again, save all my families and start again making sure they have their exact money and whatnot. How awful the patches can be.
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    lori171957 wrote: »
    I have never had this happen in my game (revert to dirt pile), and I play gardening on every lot. I wonder why?

For the longest time, I also never experienced this bug. Then recently, it started happening and I have no idea why. Several months ago, I had started a save with a Sim who gardens and it was fine until recently (the last month or so) her farm just started glitching out.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member
    So far, not talking about this patch, but yes fully patched, this has happened to me only when Eco enviroment changes, never otherwise.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member
    Could it be that old plants won't get fixed, but that new plants will be fine? Did anyone try to start a garden from scratch?
    I am doing just that, now.

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    Are your plants in season? Does this happen when fertilizing or randomly?
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Options
    LaraNocturnalLaraNocturnal Posts: 74 Member
    kusurusu wrote: »
    Are your plants in season? Does this happen when fertilizing or randomly?

In season, it happens after watering. I haven't personally had it after fertilising. I had it happen to a money tree as well, so it's definitely not just a seasonal thing.
  • Options
    I also had it happen to my cowplants which my Sim was growing alongside her regular plants. Two full grown cowplants instantly turned to bone when the other plants turned to dirt. So I don’t think it has to do with the seasons themselves/whether the plant is in season, as I’m pretty sure the cowplant can be grown in any season.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    I played my 100 baby challenge today and the first time in a long time the baby mom was able to harvest the dragon fruits. I was so surprised that they grew. I was used to them just reverting to dirt piles just before they grew. So, it looks like something positive has happened.
    I don't trust it fully yet until I play more, also other saves with gardens on other lots, but it's promising. :)
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I feel like they have attempted to fix this bug in at least 3 patches by now.

That is still nothing compared to the 7 failed patches against the carry-the-laundry-bag bug 😁.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I make my "invisible" roof for plant shelter for the plants to work in any seasons. However, sometimes my plants will go back down to dirt, very annoying. :s
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    And this is why I wait up to three months to update my game sometimes. I always wait a day or two after an update release just to see if the fixes are working, but I haven't updated since May 13th. In my game it doesn't matter if my Sims are watering, fertilizing, the season has changed, or during harvesting....it just happens. I disabled all the EL options, set my worlds to neutral, and my plants still revert back to the just planted stage. Sometimes it happens in the middle of the night, other times it happens just as my Sims are walking toward their garden to harvest. My Sim leaves to go out to eat and when they return home the garden is a wasteland of dirt mounds. I have replanted with seeds bought through debug and it still happens. It even happens in a vanilla game so I know for a fact this is not a mod issue. I delete all pertinent caches upon exiting the game after every session, too. That is a habit I got into after Seasons was released. Back in February I pulled my old Sims4 folder and rebuilt my mods and CC folders from the ground up after reinstalling the game and creating new saves. Nothing changed with this darn bug. By far this is the most annoying of all the bugs I have dealt with over the years. And it will destroy Cottage Living even before it's released if the teams don't find a way to nuke it. This bug hits at the core of CL if we can't grow the new crops, one of the highlights of this new pack, and I refuse to invest in CL if I can't take advantage of everything it has to offer without resorting to adding more mods to make it playable. Something needs to change when it comes to how many bugs we see in new packs, and how long we have to wait before the teams find a solution.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,377 Member
    The only time I'm still getting a revert to dirt plant is when I plant outside without any shelter. Mostly I use the hydroponic planters because of the auto watering. Those plants only revert when they are out of season. Any of my greenhouse plants mostly stay intact if they are in season. I do not know why this is happening either. But yes, they have to do something before the CL pack comes out, but I won't hold my breath.

Okay, so back to the LittleMsSam's mod to prevent reverting. (It works.) :)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    @bshag4lv Oh what is the mod called? I have a lot of her mods, but I'm not sure which one that is.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Lol, if Little Ms Sam has a fix, maybe EA should ask her how to do it?
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,377 Member
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    tasmabeltasmabel Posts: 207 Member
    I only recently experienced this bug, but to be fair, I only recently played with a garden again. It's endlessly frustrating, but almost serves to nerf the easy money from gardening lol. HOPEFULLY the garden patches won't have this issue. So we can at least do the new harvestables. I'm not extremely confident this will even be the case, though.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    bshag4lv wrote: »

@bshag4lv I'm confused, the mod doesn't mention anything about plant reverting.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I went back to the save I had to quit because of the gardening bug, and things seem to be going okay. But the season changes to autumn soon in that save, so we'll see what happens. The last time things went bad was when the season changed from spring to summer.
  • Options
    lori171957lori171957 Posts: 233 Member
    I have been checking this out in my many save games.
    The only times my plants "revert" as your calling it, are.

When they are out of Season, I am guessing Maxis did this so the plant you put all your hard work into didn't die like in real life.

When you move a plant from one location to another or put it in your inventory, re-potting often kills plants in real life.

When you play another lot from the same save, thus missing the daily routine of plant care.

I have never had all of my plants revert at the same time, I may just be lucky.

If you want constant harvests, put your plants in a greenhouse.

If your plants are reverting at the change of Seasons, check and see, they are probably out of season, and are supposed to be dormant.
    The bees are dormant in winter.

I don't know how many of you are gardener's, but in real life it is frustrating and heartbreaking when all your hard work has been demolished by a couple of possums overnight or eaten by insects. And don't get me started on what Cockatoo's do to your passion fruit vines. :)
  • Options
    I’ve already deleted my save that I’ve been referring to in this thread, but I was playing Rags to Riches style, and I play on 28 day seasons. So I was rarely leaving the lot, and the season never changed. The only thing that made it less annoying was the plant would maintain the quality it was before it reverted to dirt. But, it still reverted nevertheless.

I think sometimes it’s just luck with glitches, like you said @lori171957. I generally don’t experience bugs, but I’ve been experiencing them lately, and the gardening one sucked because I was playing a challenge where the whole point is gardening. I guess my luck has run out.
  • Options
    BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    @lori171957 It's definitely a bug. It's on well taken plants that are in season. Maybe it doesn't fix old saves but otherwise it's a bug that hasn't been fixed.
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,878 Member
    These fixes help my pile-of-dirt plants most (not all) of the time:
    -Put plant into household inventory, then put it back in the pot/ground
    -If that doesn't fix it, exit game and repair game in Origin.