Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Sessions: The Sims Event of the Summer

Comments

• Simmer889Simmer889 Posts: 23 Member
    I had my sim attend the festival. Two artists performed. It made me realise that I would like to have a showtime type pack in the sims 4. I miss doing the singing and the circus acts from sims 3. Hopefully, a showtime pack for the sims 4 will incorporate the bands from late night and the singers from showtime so that a full band can have gigs/performances at parks, lounges, bars, etc.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member

Wonder if they will still be available after the event ends July 7th?
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited June 2021
    Ok, so the first thing I did was giving my Orora Storm the new cool Sims Sessions outfit. It's great for Xmen Storm. I also noticed it comes in different colors, so later on I might make my White Canary.
    As anyone can see, I'm a big fan of DC Universe/Marvel Superheroes.
    FYI: To find the new cool outfit, it's in the Base under Costume Wear.

The next thing I did was made a Woodstock Music Festival in the Park. I couldn't find the stage so I made a big round one. I also shrunk down to tiny, the chest game table/monkey bars & hide them in a tree.
    It didn't belong to Woodstock plus it was the only way to have the lot as a Park.

My Orora Storm & Woodstock Park is saved in the Gallery under SEREFRAS, if anyone is interested.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited June 2021
    been playing around with the debug items from the update (apparently there are 9 of them and 19 cas items according to one simmer who checks all the files every update. mind you, for the cas, each male and female version of the shirts is a different object, so that's 10 of them right there)

and for those asking, everything should stick around once the event is over. we've still got the magic beans, plantsim fruits, sugar skulls, kindness posters and other stuff from other events that were run years ago, just hidden behind the 'showhiddenobjects' cheat, which is what these bb items for sim sessions are already hidden behind

the stage actually has 4 slots for pianos and 7 for guitars or microphones. nothing else will slot to it, not even violins or pipe organs (figured i'd check all the instruments)
    b18a6695b00d52d45d46decd0d90562b.jpg
    (other than the 'sideways' piano slot we see used by default, there's another backwards one right next to where the white piano is. it's basically blocked by the black piano. most of the guitar/mic slots are also blocked by those pianos in that pic)

the vendor table used at the sim sessions also has 8 versions, as seen below. i actually really like some of those signs and plan on using these tables in various builds (that fish one looks like it belongs somewhere in brindleton bay. and the two with produce may be handy for the upcoming cottage pack, depending)
    34e5d5100ea8748ae561fb4856632192.jpg

the speakers seen in the first picture and the amps (which i forgot to get a picture of) are also there in debug, though the speakers have their fun, power consumption and reliability left blank. you can see the amps off to the right of them in the catalogue
    e98a5abff0d70cba5d5f352b48b670f0.png

the other items are both kiosks, both outdoor retreat tents (which cost 0 in debug. i didn't check if they could be picked up by sims if initially put on that sim's lot) and the sign shown in that above tweet (the food kiosk is literally the one from eco living, comes in all 4 swatches)

edited to add: @crocobaura i checked those curtains, they're basically a sized up version of a set from the vintage glamor stuff pack. sadly, though, the curtains from that pack aren't translucent like the ones on the stage

also, i tossed the stage in a random small park i had in oasis springs, you actually have debug options that can start the various artists if you shift click it, as seen below:
    766a1c1146849d0bd071d5da49ad6087.png
    i'm trying to avoid showing off mods on the right side there, so only screenshotted the left side options)

note, it's after 4 am in the picture here, in oasis springs, and bebe rexha is performing atm
    5ca699a973e4b9b53c9f5df5f6fd7bc0.jpg
    Post edited by kalaksed on
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,830 Member
    @kalaksed I hope you're right about those items remaining. I'd love to set up a permanent festival lot for my sims to perform. However,

• ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited June 2021
    I am very impressed with this event <3

During performance you can click on the artist and interact!

29-6-2021-19-40-43.png
    29-6-2021-19-41-04.png
    29-6-2021-19-41-52.png
    29-6-2021-19-55-35.png
    29-6-2021-20-01-27.png

I had a lot of fun this afternoon attending the festival. 🎉🎉🎉😎.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,011 Member
    I decided Mazey, my lively spellcaster sim, would definitely like the new outfit to wear when she's in the mood to dazzle. ;)
    y4mDZIdY2KIduJGIYx_qEkDBCzbiv8m_qvkkT1e7xxXr5N9zXUYvpc8pdEAjaet_EDo1eXkmVsYRAXrHqmPp_TOMzEpf4rdKtmaqdk-j5MhiEkpeBLiyzkHEMXNauqm-X38pF5VUs0KsF4c4cPB75gx2KXfU_Etvw-r7yTDa0PQEdKuTd-WcXpTNBhimLuCVbzM?width=487&height=1000&cropmode=none
    y4mfRmrJ20Wef8i-9RzBmLnIE5FID2QRJpfHI_uDyVQasDaxarfOg8UeskHi7Tg1iKR2yQLMUgSHsWNfAAauuCCAtzk7pwjd6cyi0l30-DWmzWXi3jRQn9PojyKWfEjZs6knh5td2TaQlXwYnsox5Z0qv_7O1nKfTzRfu90Js1VB_czAP4iKZkBo4Tvvn81b3w6?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none
    It was 4:00 am Sunday in that save, so she and Russell will be attending the concert later in the day. :)
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    This looks like a really fun event! I have enjoyed reading about it :)
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    After seeing reading about simmers where their sims get the shirts from the festival it’s really put me off it. I was looking forward to sending my sims to the festival but not at the expense of this bug.
  • shandra2183shandra2183 Posts: 212 Member
    I am only able to buy produce at the kiosks
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 890 Member
    I didn't think I would really enjoy this, but I sent my Sims anyway, all three performers appeared and I was surprised how good it was. I thought it was very nicely done. I wonder if each Sunday they will perform the same songs or will it vary? Either way, it is a nice event that I would not mind seeing repeat in the future.
  • Kow375Kow375 Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm loving the costumes and festival but my sims are unable to purchase food or swag. I have turned off my mods, repaired my game and I think I haven't got the new hair. Is anyone else having tis problem?
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,421 Member
    I am enjoying the performance more than I expected. Almost makes me want to visit a real life concert, almost ;) . Maybe I will look up some of the artists after all, even if I didn't plan to when I first heard about them.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member

@kalaksed wrote: »
    been playing around with the debug items from the update (apparently there are 9 of them and 19 cas items according to one simmer who checks all the files every update. mind you, for the cas, each male and female version of the shirts is a different object, so that's 10 of them right there)

and for those asking, everything should stick around once the event is over. we've still got the magic beans, plantsim fruits, sugar skulls, kindness posters and other stuff from other events that were run years ago, just hidden behind the 'showhiddenobjects' cheat, which is what these bb items for sim sessions are already hidden behind

the stage actually has 4 slots for pianos and 7 for guitars or microphones. nothing else will slot to it, not even violins or pipe organs (figured i'd check all the instruments)
    b18a6695b00d52d45d46decd0d90562b.jpg
    (other than the 'sideways' piano slot we see used by default, there's another backwards one right next to where the white piano is. it's basically blocked by the black piano. most of the guitar/mic slots are also blocked by those pianos in that pic)

the vendor table used at the sim sessions also has 8 versions, as seen below. i actually really like some of those signs and plan on using these tables in various builds (that fish one looks like it belongs somewhere in brindleton bay. and the two with produce may be handy for the upcoming cottage pack, depending)
    34e5d5100ea8748ae561fb4856632192.jpg

the speakers seen in the first picture and the amps (which i forgot to get a picture of) are also there in debug, though the speakers have their fun, power consumption and reliability left blank. you can see the amps off to the right of them in the catalogue
    e98a5abff0d70cba5d5f352b48b670f0.png

the other items are both kiosks, both outdoor retreat tents (which cost 0 in debug. i didn't check if they could be picked up by sims if initially put on that sim's lot) and the sign shown in that above tweet (the food kiosk is literally the one from eco living, comes in all 4 swatches)

edited to add: @crocobaura i checked those curtains, they're basically a sized up version of a set from the vintage glamor stuff pack. sadly, though, the curtains from that pack aren't translucent like the ones on the stage

also, i tossed the stage in a random small park i had in oasis springs, you actually have debug options that can start the various artists if you shift click it, as seen below:
    766a1c1146849d0bd071d5da49ad6087.png
    i'm trying to avoid showing off mods on the right side there, so only screenshotted the left side options)

note, it's after 4 am in the picture here, in oasis springs, and bebe rexha is performing atm
    5ca699a973e4b9b53c9f5df5f6fd7bc0.jpg

What is the name of that stage in build mode? I can't find it :((
    edited July 2021
    @TS1299 all the build/buy items for sim sessions are debug items, so you've got to use a cheat to see them. the stage itself, and most of the other items for the event, is just called debug, so can take a bit to find. it also costs $0 to place

will put a step by step guide on how to do that in spoilers below for those that may need it:

once you go into build mode on whatever lot you want the stage on, you'll hit ctrl + shift + c to open the cheat menu, which is a big white bar in the upper left where you can enter text (for the cheats)

you may need to start with the cheat testingcheats true, which gives the following popup:

aad741eeab0b8c6b253f3f55b2657111.png
    i've had that cheat on in my game for years, so don't honestly recall if it's needed for the following cheat or not. to disable the cheat when you're done, you just do testingcheats false
    this cheat stays active until you turn it off, unlike most which deactivate once you change lots

after turning cheats on, you'll want to enter bb.showhiddenobjects which... shows hidden and debug objects, including all the various collectibles your sims can find throughout the game

there's no message whether this worked or not, but when it's active, typing 'deb' in the search window (lower left in build mode) will have ** DEBUG ** show up at the top, as seen in this picture:

549438ba2dc64d323f1e226f76df159a.png

once you click on that word, the catalogue will zoom to the first object titled debug in the list (which is actually the 4th debug item, though the first three have names)

144cf60f1c7498e456d9b2ba9cd362ce.png

the stage itself is near the bottom of those items revealed that way, maybe 1/3 of the way up through the debug items, right behind the snowy escape tombstones and paranormal stuff goo puddles (if you have those packs). it's also right before the first row of base game books, the ones that cost $1 (you can't see those in my picture because i've got some modded shapes for creating things that show up between the stage and the books)

50024de25ff1aecc65899b576f6c8521.png

sadly, it only comes in the one color. unlike all the other bb items for this event, there are no alternate swatches to pick between

editing to add: if you don't want to go through that, several simmers have uploaded either the stage itself or sets of all or most of the debug objects, easiest ones to be found with the #simsessions hashtag

...seeing the three artists available there too, which has me want to warn people that if they still have the hidden traits that makes them perform at the festival (which also unlocks their unique piano playing and bow animations), these three sims will disappear within a week.
    the hidden traits that make them performers also make them get deleted after they leave the lot they're on. even if they're an active household... (...learned that one after abducting them from their performances, putting them in a household and playing them to give them all careers and fame... just to have them all get culled as they left the lots they were on...)
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    @kalaksed Where have simmers uploaded the items?
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
    @aine on the gallery, easiest to find by swapping from item name to hashtag and typing 'simsessions'. most of the results will be sims, but a handful have uploaded rooms or lots with the stage or other event items
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    @kalaksed Okay thanks, appreciate it.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    @TS1299 all the build/buy items for sim sessions are debug items, so you've got to use a cheat to see them. the stage itself, and most of the other items for the event, is just called debug, so can take a bit to find. it also costs $0 to place

will put a step by step guide on how to do that in spoilers below for those that may need it:

once you go into build mode on whatever lot you want the stage on, you'll hit ctrl + shift + c to open the cheat menu, which is a big white bar in the upper left where you can enter text (for the cheats)

you may need to start with the cheat testingcheats true, which gives the following popup:

aad741eeab0b8c6b253f3f55b2657111.png
    i've had that cheat on in my game for years, so don't honestly recall if it's needed for the following cheat or not. to disable the cheat when you're done, you just do testingcheats false
    this cheat stays active until you turn it off, unlike most which deactivate once you change lots

after turning cheats on, you'll want to enter bb.showhiddenobjects which... shows hidden and debug objects, including all the various collectibles your sims can find throughout the game

there's no message whether this worked or not, but when it's active, typing 'deb' in the search window (lower left in build mode) will have ** DEBUG ** show up at the top, as seen in this picture:

549438ba2dc64d323f1e226f76df159a.png

once you click on that word, the catalogue will zoom to the first object titled debug in the list (which is actually the 4th debug item, though the first three have names)

144cf60f1c7498e456d9b2ba9cd362ce.png

the stage itself is near the bottom of those items revealed that way, maybe 1/3 of the way up through the debug items, right behind the snowy escape tombstones and paranormal stuff goo puddles (if you have those packs). it's also right before the first row of base game books, the ones that cost $1 (you can't see those in my picture because i've got some modded shapes for creating things that show up between the stage and the books)

50024de25ff1aecc65899b576f6c8521.png

sadly, it only comes in the one color. unlike all the other bb items for this event, there are no alternate swatches to pick between

editing to add: if you don't want to go through that, several simmers have uploaded either the stage itself or sets of all or most of the debug objects, easiest ones to be found with the #simsessions hashtag

...seeing the three artists available there too, which has me want to warn people that if they still have the hidden traits that makes them perform at the festival (which also unlocks their unique piano playing and bow animations), these three sims will disappear within a week.
    the hidden traits that make them performers also make them get deleted after they leave the lot they're on. even if they're an active household... (...learned that one after abducting them from their performances, putting them in a household and playing them to give them all careers and fame... just to have them all get culled as they left the lots they were on...)

Thank You Very Much!!!! <3
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I feel kind of bad. The Sims team probably did a ton of work on this. Spending hours upon hours coordinating with artists, creating a stage, etc. All for me to bring my Sim there for a few minutes, think "this is nice" and then send my Sim home.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Just a word of warning: NPC Sims who attend the Sims sessions have their outfits permanently replaced with festival tees.
    This could be Everyday, Cold Weather or Hot Weather, or some combination of the three, depending on the temperature.

I've created a bug report for anybody experiencing this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sims-Sessions-permanently-replaces-Sims-outfits-with-festival/m-p/10478961#M188337
    wJbomAo.png
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    The performances were good. But the gameplay was terrible for me on the PS4. The game lagged so bad for me to the point that it was amazing that my sim got to see the show at all.
  • SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member
    I loved the event! I really like concert and festival atmospheres. I know it isn't true, but I always feel like nothing bad can happen at these kinds of events, because people are happy and there's so much love in the air, and there are children around with lots of adults to care for them. It's a nostalgic, warm kind of feeling. I even had my Sims go to it twice, despite the fact that it took up precious skill building time. It's like the City Living festivals, which are some of my favorite DLC.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    @MortimerGoth your tale of woes was the most interesting thing I could imagine happening at this Summer Session thing. I was excited about it so went the first day, and was so underwhelmed I wondered if it was the same each day, or if there would be something different each day, but didn't want to log in and find out, so I saw some YouTube recaps of it and yep, it's the same each time, no need to go twice.

Am I the only person who thought it was the lamest 'music festival' ever? Am I so spoilt, having been to some admittedly amazing music events at...the Live Music Capitol of the World (Austin, SXSW etc) but part of what made it so lame was, it was just a couple of tents, a couple of vendor stalls, and like 10 other Sims in front of a little wooden stage, and the Sims could do a little loose random clapping, cheering, chaotically decide to hand-wave but only like one or two and then stop...it seemed like the performers would have been embarrassed at such a tiny show-out. Sims were even having conversations instead of watching the show, though that might have been my Sim's fault, he started it.

Maybe I was expecting I dunno, some glowsticks? A crowd larger than about 10 or 12 Sims?

It was...okay.

Someone did bring up a cool question which I'll have to go back to the show to try to answer, which was, can we kill the performers? What happens if we try? I'll send in my assasSim.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top