Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

There is only ONE Sunday between June 29 and July 8

FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,473 Member
I think it is strange they state that the Music Festival will be held EVERY Sunday between June 29th and ends July 8th, 2021 because there is ONLY one Sunday in that time period. It seems like it would have made more sense to just say the Music Festival will be held ON July 4th between 12:00 p.m. and 12:00 a.m. (I assume you have to consult your local clock to know if it applies to your time zone). Personally, I was hoping it would have been something you could experience on any day cause in the U.S. July 4th is our Independence Day and frankly most people won't be sitting in front of their computers, they will be out doing dangerous things with fireworks.

Comments

• BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    Every Sunday ingame not in real time.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2021
    Are they serious? This is a timed event? and say if I don't update until after July I won't get the festivals? I'm confused.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    edited July 2021
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Are they serious? This is a timed event? and say if I don't update until after July I won't get the festivals? I'm confused.

Yes. It is a timed event. Like the Jasmine Holiday events. Better get your sims to the festival before it's gone. 😄 You have until July 7 to rock out at SimsSessions.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Yes. It is a timed event. Like the Jasmine Holiday events. Better get your sims to the festival before it's gone. 😄

Man, what a bummer to find this out. Thank you.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member

Yes. It is a timed event. Like the Jasmine Holiday events. Better get your sims to the festival before it's gone. 😄 You have until July 7 to rock out at SimsSessions.

With the past events, did they still work if you set your date back on your pc and played offline? That could be an option for anyone who might miss it!
  • FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,473 Member
    OK, I get it now. But what if it is wintertime in your game? Do they hold the festival if everything is covered in snow? Or do you have to play thru until Summer rolls around again? I never realized how long a week is in the game until you have to keep track of the day of the week it is and you are still only on Tuesday. Ugggh
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    OK, I get it now. But what if it is wintertime in your game? Do they hold the festival if everything is covered in snow? Or do you have to play thru until Summer rolls around again? I never realized how long a week is in the game until you have to keep track of the day of the week it is and you are still only on Tuesday. Ugggh

I have not personally gone to the festival because that just didn't interest me so I haven't installed the patch, but I have seen several pics of other player's festival and some of the were indeed during winter with snow on the ground. So yes, it will still occur in the winter.

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I already build a Woodstock & a Historical Music Festival based on the Sims Sessions.
  • FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,473 Member
    edited July 2021
    Well, that was disappointing. After working hard to paint up a bunch of High Quality paintings my sim would sell at the crafts booth/table, there was only one performer of the three listed (not exactly what I would call a "festival" when you just get one song) and then everyone left so she never even got to load her stuff into the table inventory, although I suspect there might be issues displaying paintings anyway cause it looked like stuff you can stack ON TOP of a table. I assume next "Sunday" in my game I could go back and a different one of the artists will perform and I can try it again? Being it's the dead of winter now in my game and no matter how I change the season in my home neighborhood when they arrive at the festival site it is still the dead of winter, so go figure, I'm surprised all the attendees aren't sim-sicles by the end.It was deceptive because the ticket says the festival runs from 12 p.m. to 12 a.m. so I figured you could hang out on the grounds the entire day but, nope. I guess it just means you can come sometime IN that window and hear the one artist perform, maybe get to play on the piano or sell something at the crafts table but inevitably your mini-window of time will run out after a couple game hours and everyone will leave. Or maybe I just have a glitch in my game and nobody else is experiencing the same thing?
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,274 Member
    edited July 2021
    There are three artists performing, the last one in the evening. I had my vampires go to the festival at noon, bad idea, they began to sizzle.
    They had to leave and came back in the evening to watch Bebe Rexha perform.
  • hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    Well, that was disappointing. After working hard to paint up a bunch of High Quality paintings my sim would sell at the crafts booth/table, there was only one performer of the three listed (not exactly what I would call a "festival" when you just get one song) and then everyone left so she never even got to load her stuff into the table inventory, although I suspect there might be issues displaying paintings anyway cause it looked like stuff you can stack ON TOP of a table. I assume next "Sunday" in my game I could go back and a different one of the artists will perform and I can try it again? Being it's the dead of winter now in my game and no matter how I change the season in my home neighborhood when they arrive at the festival site it is still the dead of winter, so go figure, I'm surprised all the attendees aren't sim-sicles by the end.It was deceptive because the ticket says the festival runs from 12 p.m. to 12 a.m. so I figured you could hang out on the grounds the entire day but, nope. I guess it just means you can come sometime IN that window and hear the one artist perform, maybe get to play on the piano or sell something at the crafts table but inevitably your mini-window of time will run out after a couple game hours and everyone will leave. Or maybe I just have a glitch in my game and nobody else is experiencing the same thing?

Uhm, what?? There are three singers performing, you have to stay until midnight for all of them to perform. You seem kind of impatient..
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I wish they would keep the concerts it’s so cool.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Was finally able to take a sim to it on the next to last day and thought it very nice. Performances were well done and liked them even though I'm not into modern music. Lots of sims were present, there was a real concert feel, and there was no overboard T-shirt problem. Definitely worth it, and would like to see more of this sort of thing.